Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1514886 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2017
Rebarobyn:

Children below 5yrs 27,000
Children 5 to 11yrs 28,900
Children 11 to 15 yrs 32,700
15yrs and above 41,400

IOM is not cheaper if you have kids. Hence folks go with Abuja Clinics. IOM na for single people and non parents.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by superdoll: 8:43pm On Oct 08, 2017
Canadianfly:

IOM is not cheaper if you have kids. Hence folks go with Abuja Clinics. IOM na for single people and non parents.

Please wats abuja clinics bill for kids
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
Rebarobyn:

Children below 5yrs 27,000
Children 5 to 11yrs 28,900
Children 11 to 15 yrs 32,700
15yrs and above 41,400

Chimooooo!!! see prices shocked shocked

I take God beg una, if u have children jejely waka go Abuja clinic
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
superdoll:

Please wats abuja clinics bill for kids

below 5yrs - 7k approximately

5 and above - 10k

e no even reach sef

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ToyinOA: 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
Thank you Mummy jaygirls
MummyJaygirls:

u can just write LOE that the chunk is from ur hubby, its not a problem. However, it has been talked about on page 0 of this thread how to go about monies from spouse
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bidosko(m): 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
codeworks:
Those who scored below 400 should explore PNP and Federal Skilled Trades Program
like which pnp route can you suggest

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jloe: 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
hayor2014:
@jloe

Why do people conceive ds fraudulent things,why will you even consider this nonsense,people say Nigerians are fraudsters and people like you do your best to prove them right...

no be me ooo, na question somebody ask me ooo, i say make i ask
no vex
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Fameli: 11:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
HELP!!! Do i need to attach my academic transcript to my PR application when submitting. abeg respond only if you are sure, Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bighead2: 12:19am On Oct 09, 2017
Its not necessary

Fameli:
HELP!!! Do i need to attach my academic transcript to my PR application when submitting. abeg respond only if you are sure, Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Fameli: 12:22am On Oct 09, 2017
Thanks

[i][/i]
bighead2:
Its not necessary

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Chinlov: 12:38am On Oct 09, 2017
Pls is there any one who has cone through the Provincial nomination route? Is there a thread I can follow? Any leads? Pls share. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 2:55am On Oct 09, 2017
Dear Canadian PR gurus, na wa oo. i have asked the same question like thrice, kindly help a sister. Has anyone written IELTS via MOD or heard of them. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ITABABE: 3:26am On Oct 09, 2017
agates:
Dear Canadian PR gurus, na wa oo. i have asked the same question like thrice, kindly help a sister. Has anyone written IELTS via MOD or heard of them. Thanks
I have never heard of them why not stick with the British council everyone is using to avoid unnecessary headache
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dchamp19: 5:51am On Oct 09, 2017
Please somebody should respond to question. Help needed here. Thank you

dchamp19:
Thank you for this forum. Its been so helpful.

I am about writing ielts with my spouse, going with the crs tool, we would have about 448 points if we have the maximum ielts scores.

However, i am worried about pof. We have been buiding the funds in ny account since june. Its about 2.2m now (but the money has always veen fixed so bank statement will show little or no money in the account). We need 5m. There's is someone willing to give us the balance. Please how do i make this work?

Do i need to still submit my account statement for the 2.2m or the certificate of investment for the fixeddeposit is ok? Also, if i get a gift deed for the balance from the person, does it have to also be there for 6 months?

Please, advise on the best way to go about this.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 09, 2017
dchamp19:
Please somebody should respond to question. Help needed here. Thank you

Collect and fix or do deed of gift. And get reference letter from ur bank on d N2.2M
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 09, 2017
agates:
Hello Gurus, is IELTS from MOD accepted. I just heard about them today as my husband registered for his IELTS via them. I hope there wont be an issue because i did mine thru british council
What's this MOD?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 09, 2017
Algbenguze:
LONG POST ALERT!

I just thought I should post this; it may not be relevant to majority of us here but i feel there may just be someone who this post could benefit.

It's about getting into the Skilled Trades in Canada. From my little research, there's an increasing shortage of people in this category and some predict that there would be around 1 million labour shortage in the next decade or so because there are fewer people positioned to take over from the ones getting towards retirement. Skilled trades range from electrician, plumbing, welding to wedding planner, cook, baker etc. There over a hundred of them.

I know most of us here are very educated and as Nigerians, we prefer to use our hard earned degrees to work even if it's in an area we didn't really choose. I'm also aware that there are several of us who would really love to be doing something different from our line of study if only the pay was decent. Some of us have natural inclination towards more hands-on occupations (skilled trades) but are sitting in the office because of financial security.

Many of us would have to sit some licensing exams or even go back to school upon landing Canada in order to practice. But for people like me who feel we're built for something different but under-utilizing our potential in the corporate sphere, I suggest you give a thought to pursuing a career in the trades irrespective of our BSc and Masters or PHd and do something more fulfilling.
There are basically 2 routes to trades- study in a college OR enrol as apprentice. In actual fact, both routes will require some classroom training but there's a difference. While the former is shorter and ends up in a certification, you only start acquiring experience after completion. Also, it's costlier in that you pay tuition for a few years (depending on program) and do it fulltime or part-time.
As for the apprenticeship approach, you don't pay for training, rather you get paid (some even higher than Canadian national average) and simultaneously acquire work experience. It also involves classroom training for about 2-3 months yearly in an assigned college or institute. Certification can take up to 4-5 years depending on trade but one would have acquired industry experience and built a good network along the way. I root for this approach as it offers one both employment, experience and certification at the same time rather than engage in a survival (mostly unrelated) job while studying/schooling for certification for few years. There are also some grants by Canadian govt to PRs and citizens who enrol in apprenticeship.

Skilled trades in Canada is not a bad idea and some earn as high as $100k CAD/yr or higher and even earn pension upon retirement.

So guys, sorry for the epistle. I just thought to share some info perhaps someone may benefit.
Cheers!

thank you for this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 7:29am On Oct 09, 2017
Any time I practice the ielts listening test on you tube, I always score between 33 and 34 never exceeded that. I don't know what to do oh. I dey open my ears and brain properly still I get 33 and 34. Sometimes I even intentionally create an exam condition by getting tensed just for evaluation purpose.

Pls ielts guru in d house. Should i be worried? ECA almost complete but the fear of ielts is giving me wisdom right now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 7:43am On Oct 09, 2017
elfmann:

What's this MOD?

Hi elfmann. see the link. https://ielts.ng/ apparently its another body that conducts the exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2017
There is no problem with MOD IELTS.
Its not only British Council that conducts IELTS. There are other bodies depending on your country. In UK, there is also IDP. So MOD is ok

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 09, 2017
agates:

Hi elfmann. see the link. https://ielts.ng/ apparently its another body that conducts the exam
I have heard of IDP but what would make u want them? Is the fee lesser than N68, 000? Passing with much ease? If not, stick with the one we know.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 8:10am On Oct 09, 2017
elfmann:

I have heard of IDP but what would make u want them? Is the fee lesser than N68, 000? Passing with much ease? If not, stick with the one we know.

Thanks its not me o. i have done mine thru British Council, it was my husband who registered with them and its the same fee actually. i hope it goes well without hassles, his exam is this Saturday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dchamp19: 8:12am On Oct 09, 2017
elfmann:

Collect and fix or do deed of gift. And get reference letter from ur bank on d N2.2M

Thank you. Do you mean the certificate of investment? Will i still require bank statement?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 8:14am On Oct 09, 2017
Ok. Thanks.

40manlappy:

We used the job title that was listed on her reference letter i.e. "Funds Transfer Officer". Don't worry that it was not expressly mentioned under the NOC's headings, I can understand the confusion. Took us some time too to settle for 1114.

We had earlier chosen a different NOC pre-ITA and had to switch to 1114 post-ITA after extensive research.

A number of FT staff have gotten PPR with this NOC code. Just focus on the duties....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 09, 2017
Keep doing it. Don't be discouraged, you will be surprised you could get a 9 in listening. i felt same way when i was practicing but i got a 9.
funshobabs:
Any time I practice the ielts listening test on you tube, I always score between 33 and 34 never exceeded that. I don't know what to do oh. I dey open my ears and brain properly still I get 33 and 34. Sometimes I even intentionally create an exam condition by getting tensed just for evaluation purpose.

Pls ielts guru in d house. Should i be worried? ECA almost complete but the fear of ielts is giving me wisdom right now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 09, 2017
dchamp19:

Thank you. Do you mean the certificate of investment? Will i still require bank statement?
Get them anything that can help ur case.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 09, 2017
agates:

Thanks its not me o. i have done mine thru British Council, it was my husband who registered with them and its the same fee actually. i hope it goes well without hassles, his exam is this Saturday.
It is OK, British Council needs that relief sef. Customers are too many for them! Good luck to him!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 09, 2017
funshobabs:

You should know by now what section(s) are your weak point . For me when I started it was the maps i had to concentrate on it, studied tips and got better. So no what section you score less then work on it. I won't say you should be worried but aim at 38 at least in your preparatory practice it builds self confidence
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 09, 2017
Canadianfly:

One of the reasons l went for Abuja Clinics for a single is that you can walk in and do your medicals unlike IOM where you have to book and they will give you a date.For Abuja Clinics just go early and you will get it over and done with.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 09, 2017
funshobabs:

Same thing happened to me when I was practising...was scared...when I took the exam, lo and behold I had 8.5 in listening... Just keep practising and find out your weak point and how to tackle it....hopefully you would be fine...remember to commit it to God...Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.