Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1514888 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Momentum2017: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2017
From experience, you are probably on track! You just have identify the section you are losing marks, it's usually towards the last sections as you require higher concentration capacity to do well in those areas. No matter what your score is now, the secret is just to keep throwing in the hours in doing as many practice as possible. During my IELTS study phase, I never scored 100% in any of the practice test, but my result in Listening was 9. So keep doing as many practice as possible, you'd see your confidence level increase consistently before your exam date.

funshobabs:
Any time I practice the ielts listening test on you tube, I always score between 33 and 34 never exceeded that. I don't know what to do oh. I dey open my ears and brain properly still I get 33 and 34. Sometimes I even intentionally create an exam condition by getting tensed just for evaluation purpose.

Pls ielts guru in d house. Should i be worried? ECA almost complete but the fear of ielts is giving me wisdom right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ItsYourFriend: 11:24am On Oct 09, 2017
elfmann:

Get them anything that can help ur case.
lol @elfmann... No be so o! Hey buddy, for your investment, your certificate will do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ItsYourFriend: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2017
ItsYourFriend:
lol @elfmann... No be so o! Hey buddy, for your investment, your certificate will do.
Cc: dchamp19
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mzstephh(f): 11:56am On Oct 09, 2017
Guys please I need to ask a question about proof of funds for PR. So basically I am in the UK and at the moment do not have the money in my account at the moment, please tell me they don't do that 28 day rule saying the money has to be in your account for a certain period of time before you apply.. Since I am in the UK I am confused as to where I should have the required money, in my Nigerian account or UK account. Please help a sister out. THANK YOU.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
ItsYourFriend:
Okay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by wholesomegrace: 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
@ nnekdre, maps and diagrams are my issue. I've been practicing but i'm not seeing any improvement to be honest. What did you do to improve in this area please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2017
Good morning good people,

Please your help is highly needed right now

I am trying to fill the WES online form and I got to this point in the picture.

Do I really need to choose International Courier since they will be sending the ECA report to me?

I am trying to save some money here.

Thanks

PS: I also saw earlier on the page that I should include my secondary education. Is this required??

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by blackfm: 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
does ICES accept notification of result for assessment and if yes, do i need to attach my transcript when sending my documents. that's beside my school sending the transcript to them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ctrlunlimited: 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2017
hotD:
hot, pls confirm your school are in naija or foreign. I want to use ICES for my wife too. UI.

School is in naija,infact maiduguri...pls go ahead if somebody from d exams and record can just mail it to dem,dat wld be fine and i guess saves money and is faster

Hello hotD,

Were you able to make payment with a debit card and did your school emailed or mailed your transcript ?

Thanks in Advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ctrlunlimited: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
codeworks:

Am preparing for IELTS but am yet to register. Am in Port Harcourt. Any whatapp group? let me know

None that I know of. Have you taken the test ??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
Send a mail to this lady, Lori Grogg at lgrogg@wes.org. She is a Director and should be able to handle your case.

Explain everything that happened and the costs you have incurred to travel up and down to another country just to sort out this issue.

From experience, if WES has sent a verification to your school, you will be notified by email too, so if you did not receive such email, then I doubt it was sent. Explain this fact too in your mail to the Director, show your complete displeasure. They will spring into action like a springboard grin

These WES people can give somebody high BP for nothing.

I hope this helps.

12go:
I am not a tweeting thing but I have joined twitter to send message to WES. I have also sent them a message on facebook and fax using hello fax.

Will send them a formal request using fax tomorrow and will tell my institution to write to WES on my behalf.

Plan to leave Ghana tomorrow. Please suggest any other avenue through which I can contact WES .

Medaasi for the suggestions

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by blackfm: 1:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
hotD:
I said i should share this...For those that need to do ECA,pls use ICES...i got mine within three weeks and its alot easier process.
My school sent my transcript to them as an email,and i sent my documents to them too via the same email,no need for reconfirmation from the school as long as the school sends the result to them via its email.
After that u make payment,275$ and within three weeks your evaluation is ready.
My hubby's ECA is stuck with IQAS now,and he started d process before me.

can you please PM your number? i need some clarifications on ICES

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
A lady at the Provost's office told me to check the Examinations office where I was told that the reply to WES' request was sent on September 25. Hope the response will be swift from WES.

Hope WES no go vex with me as I don yab them on twitter, fb etc. I'll still mail Mama Grogg.

Thank you all for the input. God will intervene in all your wahalas.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
Mzstephh:
Guys please I need to ask a question about proof of funds for PR. So basically I am in the UK and at the moment do not have the money in my account at the moment, please tell me they don't do that 28 day rule saying the money has to be in your account for a certain period of time before you apply.. Since I am in the UK I am confused as to where I should have the required money, in my Nigerian account or UK account. Please help a sister out. THANK YOU.
I believe you can hold your POF in any country's bank account so far the bank account is in your name. Moreso, your travel and personal history will show your ties with the UK. Hence, you having a UK bank account or your POF in the account should not pose any problem. You can have your POF in either or both UK and Nigerian bank account.

And yes, the 28 days rule does not apply. Though, you might need to explain a huge deposit if it reflects in your bank statement, what constitutes a huge deposit is however yet to be defined.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dchamp19: 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
ItsYourFriend:

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by stealth02: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
I want to believe it all depends on you. Where do you have your money and how do you intend to show your PoF?
If I deduce from your post all your PoF would be deposited in a bank account, there's no rule on the CIC PoF website that says your bank account should be from a particular country.

Someone I know resident in the UK was recently issued PR; they used partly UK bank account and other part in gift deed placed in a Nigerian bank account. Bearing in mind that for a bank account/letter you must show at least 6 months of transactions/average balance repectively; also at the time you apply the funds must be in the account. However, there's no stipulated period that the funds should be held as in UK 28days style. If you read page 0 wink under PoF

While it is logical to show funds from the country in which you currently reside I'm yet to see where this is a compulsory requirement. In the end, whatever you decide I'll suggest it should be well explained in your LOE - why you chose where the funds are placed, probably you have investment interests in that country or that's where you work / receive your income, you received a gift deed etc. Also bear in mind exchange rate conversions CAD/GBP or CAD/NGN

Mzstephh:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by adeji2001: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
Hello House, i intend using a joint account i have with my Dad which am also a signatory too... Can this account be used for POF?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MysteryBud: 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
Dear All,

Please this is really urgent.
Is there any FUTO graduate here who verified educational certificates with IQAS? Please indicate so I can pm you. IQAS insists on degree certificate before they verify results and it takes up to 3years before it's gotten. This is a big challenge and the ECA process has been put on hold because of this. I need to get in touch with FUTO grads ASAP. Please treat as urgent!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
adeji2001:
Hello House, i intend using a joint account i have with my Dad which am also a signatory too... Can this account be used for POF?
Capital NO, you can only use a joint account with your spouse.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
JustinTrudeau, you're sighted... How far IQAS and BC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codeworks(m): 1:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
Am using WES, I have sent my statement of result to them, WES confirmed they have received statement of result and they are waiting for transcript.

MysteryBud:
Dear All,

Please this is really urgent.
Is there any FUTO graduate here who verified educational certificates with IQAS? Please indicate so I can pm you. IQAS insists on degree certificate before they verify results and it takes up to 3years before it's gotten. This is a big challenge and the ECA process has been put on hold because of this. I need to get in touch with FUTO grads ASAP. Please treat as urgent!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JustinTrudeau: 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2017
Hello Kontagious, still in limbo....
Kontagious:
JustinTrudeau, you're sighted... How far IQAS and BC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Folar2(m): 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2017
agates:
Dear Canadian PR gurus, na wa oo. i have asked the same question like thrice, kindly help a sister. Has anyone written IELTS via MOD or heard of them. Thanks

check this page https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/186#60721615

Your hubby should be fine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MysteryBud: 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
codeworks:
Am using WES, I have sent my statement of result to them, WES confirmed they have received statement of result and they are waiting for transcript.

Hi, thanks for responding.
Initially IQAS responded to the enquiry that they accept statement of result. However, they turned around to say that the wording on the statement of result sounds like one is yet to be awarded the degree hence the need for degree certificate.

Please I still need to reach out to someone using (or used) IQAS that may or may not have faced similar challenge. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
Please i need a clarification on something, if you could help ask that person who was resident in UK and issued PR.

How did they go about the Police Clearance for Nigeria?
Did they go through Nigerian Embassy or did they just download the PCC form and put their fingerprint and sent to Alagbon?

If they downloaded the form online, Did they include the fingerprint page on their application or just the certificate?

Thanks

stealth02:
I want to believe it all depends on you. Where do you have your money and how do you intend to show your PoF?
If I deduce from your post all your PoF would be deposited in a bank account, there's no rule on the CIC PoF website that says your bank account should be from a particular country.

Someone I know resident in the UK was recently issued PR; they used partly UK bank account and other part in gift deed placed in a Nigerian bank account. Bearing in mind that for a bank account/letter you must show at least 6 months of transactions/average balance repectively; also at the time you apply the funds must be in the account. However, there's no stipulated period that the funds should be held as in UK 28days style. If you read page 0 wink under PoF

While it is logical to show funds from the country in which you currently reside I'm yet to see where this is a compulsory requirement. In the end, whatever you decide I'll suggest it should be well explained in your LOE - why you chose where the funds are placed, probably you have investment interests in that country or that's where you work / receive your income, you received a gift deed etc. Also bear in mind exchange rate conversions CAD/GBP or CAD/NGN

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tippex(f): 2:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
Hi everyone. I can't even begin to mention the depth of knowledge i have gotten from this read., its the best thing that has happened since sliced bread.

Please is there any OAU alumni on this thread? Trying to sort out hubby's certificate and transcript and the last time he visited the school which was about 7 years ago, he was told that the certificates for his set was not ready? Please does anyone know anyone in OAU who can help us fast track the process? Kindly help a sister.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2017
JustinTrudeau:
Hello Kontagious, still in limbo....
What a wait for you. I did small digging and found there's really no set time for the holding period, some receive theirs in few weeks and some in months. Pele
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2017
smslive2:
Please i need a clarification on something, if you could help ask that person who was resident in UK and issued PR.

How did they go about the Police Clearance for Nigeria?
Did they go through Nigerian Embassy or did they just download the PCC form and put their fingerprint and sent to Alagbon?

If they downloaded the form online, Did they include the fingerprint page on their application or just the certificate?

Thanks

download the forms... Fill... Do ur finger print.. Send to alagbon.

U need d finger print page. That's how u are identified na
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2017
Please my good people help a brother.

Do I need to include the secondary education on my profile with wes? And do I really need to choose International courier
tosinajib:
Good morning good people,

Please your help is highly needed right now

I am trying to fill the WES online form and I got to this point in the picture.

Do I really need to choose International Courier since they will be sending the ECA report to me?

I am trying to save some money here.

Thanks

PS: I also saw earlier on the page that I should include my secondary education. Is this required??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JustinTrudeau: 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
Tanx mate
Kontagious:

What a wait for you. I did small digging and found there's really no set time for the holding period, some receive theirs in few weeks and some in months. Pele
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by rinzylee(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
tosinajib:

Do I need to include the secondary education on my profile with wes? And do I really need to choose International courier

Leave your secondary school education if that's what you mean... your BSc or MSc is enough
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sunvick(m): 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nope you dont need secondary school certificate.
If you want to save cash, then go standard delivery $7. There is an electronic copy that would be posted in your account after evaluation which can also serve for same purpose.
But if you have spare cash to burn, you can pay for $85 international courier which speed post.

Your choice!!

SV

tosinajib:

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.