Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1507331 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by learner007(m): 5:24am On Oct 28, 2017
Hello pls, I am just starting my application. I have a BSC (Ed) Mathematics degree. Which of the options is right for me?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:41am On Oct 28, 2017
Feygbe:

Can you have gaps in employment? YES. Can you apply while unemployed? YES. Can you edit NOC and POF post ITA? YES. Can you use a gift deed? YES. Can you use NYSC? YES pls! Was I determined? YES. Was I the most qualified? NO! The Lord looked upon me in His mercy and love and honoured me. I remain forever grateful.

Outstanding! Thanks for sharing. Wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:42am On Oct 28, 2017
learner007:
Hello pls, I am just starting my application. I have a BSC (Ed) Mathematics degree. Which of the options is right for me?

Where is this application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:51am On Oct 28, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Back to NYSC matter, I actually think NYSC is a blessing in disguise. The one year work experience gained during the service year is what will make some people to be qualified for this EE/FSW program. Those people soliciting that it should be scrapped should come and see how the NYSC service year has given some people a life-time blessing.
Even if it's scrapped, most people can always get a quick low-paying job just to garner experience for EE. There are a number of those to go around.

It doesn't remove from the fact that NYSC has more dangers associated with it than good things.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abol4luv: 5:55am On Oct 28, 2017
Hello people, plz I need a sample reference letter asap. Kindly help a brother. Pm me plzzzz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:56am On Oct 28, 2017
Hephgirl:

As in en... I will testify soon. Thanks alot
You could still enter the pool as others suggested. Who knows what the subsequent CRS cut-offs would be. Anyways, it's just a matter of time before you get ITA. Best wishes, Hephmama smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 28, 2017
cochtrane:

Even if it's scrapped, most people can always get a quick low-paying job just to garner experience for EE. There are a number of those to go around.

It doesn't remove from the fact that NYSC has more dangers associated with it than good things.

Yes. But, the plan to get a quick low-paying job will be useful in a case where such person is already aware about the FSW program. NYSC is mandatory for any graduate below 30 years of age when compared to a "low-paying job" that is not certain. Using Fegbe's as a case study, she wasn't aware that she might actually need to do the FSW program when she was serving. Along the line, she heard about EE and the one year work experience was what she had to fall back on.

Well, I agree with the bolded.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 6:10am On Oct 28, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Back to NYSC matter, I actually think NYSC is a blessing in disguise.

I think we must be very careful not to make such hasty conclusions because it doesnt entertain the far reaching effects.

Those who advocate for the scrapping of NYSC, do so not because the objectives of the scheme lacks merit but because the way it is currently run is a waste of most people's time, state resources and puts a number of innocent people in harm's way. Those who benefit the most from the scheme are nt even corps members but contractors, politicians and the staff that carry out all sorts of deals using the scheme.

However, you are right when you say but for it many people would not have the 1yr minimum work experience required for EE, but lets be honest, isn't that because of unemployment? is that 1yr actually work experience for most corps members? I was close to tears for feygbe when I implied she was unable to get a job for 6 good years! we wouldnt be here throwing our all into PR if it were possible in Canada for the only 1yr employment in 7yr duration to be some mandatory service.

I am sure folks would prefer having 3years gainful employment that would give them maximum CRS for employment to this testimony of "save for NYSC i wouldnt have been qualified for EE". if we must keep NYSC then we need a holistic restructuring of it to save the future of the millions of corps members who wouldnt be able to get PR even if they attempted to.

This argument of "were it not for NYSC.." is no different from the catastrophic trend that has plagued our history, one that has made Govt think creating employment translates to overbloating the civil service, creating jobs that cant provide a corresponding increase in productivity to justify the increased wage bill. we never understand that it is a lazy approach and what we should focus on is building an environment that is healthy for businesses and industries which would automatically mean more jobs that contribute to the GDP.

I burnt 8 months of my life in limbo waiting to be called for service, spent another one year engaged in activities that had absolute nothing to do with my career and ultimately meant i had to retrain after NYSC. Also the NYSC creates unemployment, vacancies arent filled because govt rather rely on slave labour provided by corps members. its even worse for school kids who have to adjust every 8months to a new set of forced teachers; teachers who spend 3months out of those 8months learning how to teach and understanding their students. save for "Oringo" and "funge", for most people there wasnt anything more NYSC amounted to. a number of persons would be the better due to NYSC but they are in the minority. if there is any testimony i have for NYSC, it is the fact that i didnt end up with some dreaded STD or baby mama which would been a challenge for PR, would have meant failed medicals or increased POF grin

NYSC is too expensive a scheme to give it props for serving as a pathway to get 1yr work experience. Doing things this way is the fundamental reason why even those with great jobs are here looking out to attain escape velocity, because unlike Nigeria, they realize sustainability trumps immediate gratification.

sorry for digressing, but someone reading could be President tomorrow and i like to give her/him a chance to see things differently for the sake of the future, if Nigeria has any.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 6:16am On Oct 28, 2017
cochtrane:

gbam!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 28, 2017
cochtrane:

Outstanding! Thanks for sharing. Wish you the best.

For your NYSC work experience, did you providr a pay slip or just reference.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 28, 2017
einsteino:

I think we must be very careful not to make such hasty conclusions because it doesnt entertain the far reaching effects.

Those who advocate for the scrapping of NYSC, do so not because the objectives of the scheme lacks merit but because the way it is currently run is a waste of most people's time, state resources and puts a number of innocent people in harm's way. Those who benefit the most from the scheme are nt even corps members but contractors, politicians and the staff that carry out all sorts of deals using the scheme.

Indeed, every pro has its con. I agree with the bolded. NYSC would have been a good initiative if it were to be a developed country where the level of corruption is at a minimal level. It is well with our country, Nigeria. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 6:21am On Oct 28, 2017
Abol4luv:
Hello people, plz I need a sample reference letter asap. Kindly help a brother. Pm me plzzzz

There is one on either page 0 or page 1 of this thread
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 6:21am On Oct 28, 2017
learner007:

Higher Education
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olusolarichards: 6:22am On Oct 28, 2017
[quote author=Abby2017 post=60931778]Hi olusolarichards
Since your school has refused to send your transcript and wants you to pick and send by yourself, I suggest you send at a courier office within Ekiti and not Lagos.
Source detail and location will be on your parcel, I believe. I am not certain of how the packaging works.
I think @mummyjaygirls explained something like that in older post.
@40manlappy and other gurus can help you torchlight the matter too...i can send it within ekiti at courier office but my concern is my school printed WES mailling address on th office .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 6:24am On Oct 28, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Indeed, every pro has its con. It is well with our country, Nigeria. smiley

lol the way things dey, we better change the saying to "it is borehole with Nigeria".. cos e clear say the WELL never fit take us to the promised land cos it is outdated.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by UdomoLeinad: 6:26am On Oct 28, 2017
Hephgirl:
na wa....the consistent listening... So what did u do differently

So you know you can always tell whether you're screwed or not, right? I always knew when I was!

During the first test, I failed to read one of the instructions. It said "which of the speakers made this statement". I don't know what on earth made me think "which speaker agrees with this statement", and trust me that changed everything. I didn't realise my mistake until 5 questions later. I knew I was in for it, and that further disconcerted me on the remaining part of the test. I was just not composed anymore.

On the second one, the beloved maps messed me up. I hadn't really encountered many maps so I didn't practice much for it and voila there it was. On top of that, I failed to follow the speaker while he was speaking. He started by saying "On this floor we have art galleries, cafes...", and because of gra gra I carelessly entered my first answer, not realising he was only listing all that was present on the floor, no specifics. Of course, after realising my mistaking seconds later, I just became overwhelmed like "oops, I did it again" and I got so worried thereby missing important information all through the description of the map and trust me I don't do so well when Im worried.

I knew I needed full concentration for the third. I was sure I didn't have problems with the listening save for concentration issues so 5 practice tests later, i was ready to face it and all I did differently was to focus my mind WHOLLY on the test during the test. I told myself I wouldn't let my mind wander. Most of us actually just have concentration issues. Like I said, you always know when you've done well or when you've been screwed over, and I was chuffed afterwards, thank God.

You cant imagine how frustrating it was to never have gotten less than an 8 during my listening practice tests, but to fall short only during the main tests. I was surprised about reading though, I never got up to a 9 on any of my practice tests but three times I wrote the test I had 9s so we just can't understand these things.

Ill conclude by saying, after you've done your practice test, do your corrections judiciously. Take it as seriously as the test itself. Listen to the speaker again when checking the answers to see why you missed what you missed. The corrections must be done judiciously. I'm not sure I've helped enough but may God be with you and grant your breakthrough on your next test. Amen!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 6:27am On Oct 28, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Yes. But, the plan to get a quick low-paying job will be useful in a case where such person is already aware about the FSW program. NYSC is mandatory for any graduate below 30 years of age when compared to a "low-paying job" that is not certain. Using Fegbe's as a case study, she wasn't aware that she might actually need to do the FSW program when she was serving. Along the line, she heard about EE and the one year work experience was what she had to fall back on.

Well, I agree with the bolded

*Good morning*
wink

You've got a good point. I still don't agree though. The loss of young, vibrant lives is no equal for one year of experience for EE. But I'm hesitant to derail this majestic thread with my elaborate response, lol.

Top of the morning to you too!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sisisioge: 6:36am On Oct 28, 2017
cochtrane:

You've got a good point. I still don't agree though. The loss of young, vibrant lives is no equal for one year of experience for EE. But I'm hesitant to derail this majestic thread with my elaborate response, lol.

Top of the morning to you too!

Hi, pls use my email. It's on my profile. I wanna leave naija too cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Sugaro: 6:47am On Oct 28, 2017
Feygbe:
Guys, PPR is here! I am so happy! God is sooooo good! grin Here is my timeline

CRS: 413
ITA: 31st May
AOR: 19th August
MEDs: 31st August
ADR: 31st August (FBI PCC)
IP1: 1st September
ADR submitted 17th September
NA2: No NA2
IP2 : 4th Oct
PPR: 27th October
VO: Ottawa

I will share my story in a little while to encourage others.
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 28, 2017
einsteino:

lol the way things dey, we better change the saying to "it is borehole with Nigeria".. cos e clear say the WELL never fit take us to the promised land cos it is outdated.

Lol. grin grin Funny but true. This is because the youths and educated fellows who are supposed to be involved in making Nigeria a better place are all migrating to a country where they will be rewarded for their hard work. A country where one can get a job based on merit and not on "knowing an oga at the top".

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by caon: 6:55am On Oct 28, 2017
congrats to all who ace ielts,also congrats to all who are yet to ace cos I believe very soon it will b overcomes.@hephgirl,pls dive into d pool,431 is nt bad at all.pls house I have 2ques
1. my masters degree was evaluated using my maiden name while my passport is in my marital name,hope it won't pose a problem when I am ready to dive into d pool although I v my marriage cert n newspaper publication.
2. on my marriage cert,occupation was written as public servant,we had called d attention of d registrar at d time but she said it doesn't matter as it is a generic word for pole who work.I work with a bank n will get a reference letter n I was hoping it won't b a problem.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 7:01am On Oct 28, 2017
caon:
congrats to all who ace ielts,also congrats to all who are yet to ace cos I believe very soon it will b overcomes.@hephgirl,pls dive into d pool,431 is nt bad at all.pls house I have 2ques
1. my masters degree was evaluated using my maiden name while my passport is in my marital name,hope it won't pose a problem when I am ready to dive into d pool although I v my marriage cert n newspaper publication.
2. on my marriage cert,occupation was written as public servant,we had called d attention of d registrar at d time but she said it doesn't matter as it is a generic word for pole who work.I work with a bank n will get a reference letter n I was hoping it won't b a problem.

Q1 has been overflogged on the thread, I think the answer has always been it is not an issue, a marriage certificate would help the gap.

Q2 as far as i know, reference letter trumps that, V.O wouldnt care about a marriage cert wrt to work.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 7:18am On Oct 28, 2017
sisisioge:

Hi, pls use my email. It's on my profile. I wanna leave naija too cheesy
Haha, you really one funny girl. Stumbled on your diary from the front page and couldn't stop laughing. Found some tings of interest there too. Okay, will do. smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 7:18am On Oct 28, 2017
Tee248490:

Feybe, I think someone has a question for you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Java47: 7:28am On Oct 28, 2017
Feygbe:
Guys, PPR is here! I am so happy! God is sooooo good! grin Here is my timeline

CRS: 413
ITA: 31st May
AOR: 19th August
MEDs: 31st August
ADR: 31st August (FBI PCC)
IP1: 1st September
ADR submitted 17th September
NA2: No NA2
IP2 : 4th Oct
PPR: 27th October
VO: Ottawa

I will share my story in a little while to encourage others.

Finally, congratulations....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2017
cochtrane:

Feybe, I think someone has a question for you.

I think she answered the question in her post---"Got a reference letter from PPA and that was all I attached. No complimentary cards or proof of payment".

Cc: Tee248490

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sunvick(m): 7:44am On Oct 28, 2017
Success to all those writing their exams today. I wish you all God's grace!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 7:49am On Oct 28, 2017
einsteino:

However, you are right when you say but for it many people would not have the 1yr minimum work experience required for EE, but lets be honest, isn't that because of unemployment? is that 1yr actually work experience for most corps members? I was close to tears for feygbe when I implied she was unable to get a job for 6 good years! we wouldnt be here throwing our all into PR if it were possible in Canada for the only 1yr employment in 7yr duration to be some mandatory
ia has any.
Sorry I didn't mention why. I was back in medical school.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 7:58am On Oct 28, 2017
einsteino:

congrats.

Pls, I have quite a number of things i need clarification on. You used 90% Gift deed, that implies 10% of your POF came from you. Did this 10% have to be in your account for 3months before ITA? I assume gift deed can be raised Post ITA, right? what details does one need to put in LOE for gift deed?
Thank you. The gift deed was gotten 7 weeks post ITA. It was meant to be 100% but then exchange rate went up. So I had to top it up myself. I simply sent the needed amount from one of my bank accounts into this one. Got an updated reference letter from the bank and submitted that letter without statements of account.
Components of a POF with Gift deed:
1. Bank letter
2. Gift deed (duly notarized)
3. Affidavit from donor (at commissioner of oaths)
4. Proof of transfer from donor to donee
5. Receipt from commissioner of oath.
6. LOE stating why I used uncle as donor. I stated I had been back to medical school for some years and my uncle had been my sponsor, so makes sense for him to gift such an amount. Supported with evidence (but added evidence to general LOE placeholder).
Hope this helps.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 8:02am On Oct 28, 2017
Tee248490:

Glitteringstar just answered it. Just the reference letter. My PPA letter headed paper was cream in colour with blue lettering. And it was addressed to 'Canadian Immigration, Canada' grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ysmd: 8:07am On Oct 28, 2017
smslive2:
For those who may wish to request for a copy of their previous UK Visa Refusal Letter from Nigeria. Send your request to Admin.ReviewAbuja@fco.gov.uk

Please do you know how long it takes to the the refusal letter and at what cost?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 8:20am On Oct 28, 2017
GlitteringStar:

According to what is written on CIC's website, you can earn 15 additional points if you (or your spouse or common-law partner who will come with you to Canada) have a brother or sister who is: living in Canada and a citizen or permanent resident of Canada. Therefore, the answer to your question is No.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1318&top=29

Not necessarily. As long as you can prove he/she has residency in Canada (by means of a bank statement or utility bills with a Canadian address on it) he/she doesn't have to be physically present in Canada.

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.