Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1506893 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 28, 2017
Santino1:

Not necessarily. As long as you can prove he/she has residency in Canada (by means of a bank statement or utility bills with a Canadian address on it) he/she doesn't have to be physically present in Canada.

How will the person prove that when he/she doesn't reside in Canada?

This is the lady's question:----"Can I claim points if my sibling has a Canadian PR but resides in America"?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 28, 2017
Wowwww! So happy to see this! Congrats babe!!

Feygbe:
As promised, here is my story:

- IELTS: LRSW 8 8.5 8.5 8 One attempt
- CRS: 413 ITA cut off: 413
- POF: I edited amount Post-ITA to exactly 12,300CAD and did not write LOE. Gift deed was 90% of POF from my uncle. I got the bank reference letter in CIC format from UBA, so I did not attach statements of accounts.
- NOC code: I edited the NOC code post ITA and did not write LOE.
- Employment: I used my NYSC experience from 7 years ago alone. Got a reference letter from ppa and that was all I attached. No complimentary cards or proof of payment. Presently unemployed as well.
- I submitted schedule A upfront as I had 3 US visa denials in the past.
- LOE: I attached LOE in individual placeholders as needed eg LOE for FBI PCC in Police reports, LOE for gift deed in POF etc. Non-specific ones were in LOE placeholder.

Can you have gaps in employment? YES. Can you apply while unemployed? YES. Can you edit NOC and POF post ITA? YES. Can you use a gift deed? YES. Can you use NYSC? YES pls! Was I determined? YES. Was I the most qualified? NO! The Lord looked upon me in His mercy and love and honoured me. I remain forever grateful.
My gratitude goes to Mummyjaygirls, Wura27, 40manlappy, LordSebastian, Cypha8, Temitope06, Java47 and numerous others. Thank you for replying my PMs, sending formats and answering my numerous questions on the forum. Nairaland family is the best!
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. I am glad I took that step.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 8:37am On Oct 28, 2017
GlitteringStar:

How will the person prove that when he/she doesn't reside in Canada?

This is the lady's question:----"Can I claim points if my sibling has a Canadian PR but resides in America"?

If there is a physical address in Canada, no problem otherwise your point stands. I was just trying to clear up that the relative doesn't have to be physically present in Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 8:37am On Oct 28, 2017
Hephgirl:
like playing MK and den d commentator say "finish him" u didn't smile with dem o.
So the Headgirl plays Mortal Kombat shocked

How market?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kmgb: 8:40am On Oct 28, 2017
Was hoping u would see this new update, glad u have. I think u should call them again since this is a recent development. Wish u luck

Please let me know how this goes. I also have a 17years old brother I would love to add given that our parents are late. Just skeptical to add cos I didn't legally adopt him and it's too late to do that now. Although I called their contact center a while back and was told I could not add him. Although the agent was not too sure. I was think of sending a mail to my local visa office to ask if I can include him. Not know if that is a good idea though given the way almighty LVO dey behave[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kmgb: 8:41am On Oct 28, 2017
dtush:

Please let me know how this goes. I also have a 17years old brother I would love to add given that our parents are late. Just skeptical to add cos I didn't legally adopt him and it's too late to do that now. Although I called their contact center a while back and was told I could not add him. Although the agent was not too sure. I was think of sending a mail to my local visa office to ask if I can include him. Not know if that is a good idea though given the way almighty LVO dey behave

Was hoping u would see this new update, glad u have. I think u should call them again since this is a recent development. Wish u luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 28, 2017
Santino1:

If there is a physical address in Canada, no problem otherwise your point stands. I was just trying to clear up that the relative doesn't have to be physically present in Canada.

Well, the answer to her question is NO because she used the word "resides".
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 28, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 28, 2017
Congrats Feygbe once more.

Did you have to proof the relationship btw your uncle by any means? and is your uncle from your mum or Dad side?

Feygbe:

Thank you. The gift deed was gotten 7 weeks post ITA. It was meant to be 100% but then exchange rate went up. So I had to top it up myself. I simply sent the needed amount from one of my bank accounts into this one. Got an updated reference letter from the bank and submitted that letter without statements of account.
Components of a POF with Gift deed:
1. Bank letter
2. Gift deed (duly notarized)
3. Affidavit from donor (at commissioner of oaths)
4. Proof of transfer from donor to donee
5. Receipt from commissioner of oath.
6. LOE stating why I used uncle as donor. I stated I had been back to medical school for some years and my uncle had been my sponsor, so makes sense for him to gift such an amount. Supported with evidence (but added evidence to general LOE placeholder).
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by billy: 9:06am On Oct 28, 2017
I don't think so @greatlifeis89. LASU sent my academic result, transcript and verification under one month and it's my first time. All concluded under one month. And I did part-time.

greatlifeis89:

hello,
for first time transcript request in Lasu, it usually take a while. Although not as long as 6 months.

Subsequent transcript request are usually faster. for instance Lasu sent my transcript to wes in less than 3 weeks.

if I may ask, was it a part-time program you did in Lasu?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ambidextrause: 10:01am On Oct 28, 2017
Awesome!

What rate did you use that amounted to the 12300CAD as at AOR?

Feygbe:

- POF: I edited amount Post-ITA to exactly 12,300CAD and did not write LOE. Gift deed was 90% of POF from my uncle. I got the bank reference letter in CIC format from UBA, so I did not attach statements of accounts.
- Employment: I used my NYSC experience from 7 years ago alone. Got a reference letter from ppa and that was all I attached. No complimentary cards or proof of payment. Presently unemployed as well.
- LOE: I attached LOE in individual placeholders as needed eg LOE for FBI PCC in Police reports, LOE for gift deed in POF etc. Non-specific ones were in LOE placeholder.

Can you have gaps in employment? YES. Can you apply while unemployed? YES. Can you edit NOC and POF post ITA? YES. Can you use a gift deed? YES. Can you use NYSC? YES pls! Was I determined? YES. Was I the most qualified? NO! The Lord looked upon me in His mercy and love and honoured me. I remain forever grateful.
My gratitude goes to Mummyjaygirls, Wura27, 40manlappy, LordSebastian, Cypha8, Temitope06, Java47 and numerous others. Thank you for replying my PMs, sending formats and answering my numerous questions on the forum. Nairaland family is the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by temitope06(m): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2017
Feygbe:

Big Congrats to u, thank God it all worked out.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dannyko: 10:24am On Oct 28, 2017
A very big congrats!
Feygbe:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tempest01(m): 10:54am On Oct 28, 2017
PefHouse:
Hello House,

Has anybody (living in Nigeria) obtained a UK Police Clearance Certificate? I may need one since I spent some time living in the UK.
- How long did it take?
- How much did it cost you?
- What documents did u use?

Cheers

Ive applied, not gotten yet. All you need is here https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_Online.aspx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by learner007(m): 10:56am On Oct 28, 2017
einsteino:

Higher Education

Thank you...God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dannyko: 11:06am On Oct 28, 2017
Good morning all,For those who attended UNILAG,pls do I still need to personally send my certificate to WES?
I thought the school will do everything for me,cos I paid 18.5k (processing n courier fees).Kindly let me know if I need to send anything to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tempest01(m): 11:15am On Oct 28, 2017
a quick one guys....Is it for certain you will be invited to apply after the draws as long as your score is above the cut-off mark?

I just entered the pool, i want to start getting documents ASAP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 28, 2017
Abol4luv:
Hello people, plz I need a sample reference letter asap. Kindly help a brother. Pm me plzzzz

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 28, 2017
tempest01:
a quick one guys....Is it for certain you will be invited to apply after the draws as long as your score is above the cut-off mark?

I just entered the pool, i want to start getting documents ASAP

Yes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tempest01(m): 11:26am On Oct 28, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Yes.

Okay thanks....Is there a place to get historical draw dates and numbers?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dtush(f): 11:31am On Oct 28, 2017
Kmgb:

Please let me know how this goes. I also have a 17years old brother I would love to add given that our parents are late. Just skeptical to add cos I didn't legally adopt him and it's too late to do that now. Although I called their contact center a while back and was told I could not add him. Although the agent was not too sure. I was think of sending a mail to my local visa office to ask if I can include him. Not know if that is a good idea though given the way almighty LVO dey behave

Thanks will call them on Monday. House is it a good idea to send a mail to London VO. To ask if I can include him. I will attach all supporting documents in the mail (death certificates and sworn affidavit of legal guardianship) since dey will be the ones to approve
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by UdomoLeinad: 11:49am On Oct 28, 2017
tempest01:

Okay thanks....Is there a place to get historical draw dates and numbers?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/past-rounds.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 11:51am On Oct 28, 2017
DatechMan:

So the Headgirl plays Mortal Kombat shocked

How market?
yes and soccer too ( fifa) duh .
It's not just games for boys / men lol

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teeboy95: 11:56am On Oct 28, 2017
esosa4real:

Am on security screening!! Na so we see am

@esosa4real... you Don get request for RPRF?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 11:57am On Oct 28, 2017
Feygbe:

Sorry I didn't mention why. I was back in medical school.

ah thats a relief.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ambidextrause:
Awesome!

What rate did you use that amounted to the 12300CAD as at AOR?

Thank you. I used Oanda as the currency converter of choice. So it was about 285 CAD to 1 Naira at time of submission. I put in extra 70,000 in case of fluctuations, thought it is locked at AOR.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
dombosco:
Congrats Feygbe once more.

Did you have to proof the relationship btw your uncle by any means? and is your uncle from your mum or Dad side?

I didn't show any proof. I thought about it, but opted not to do so at the last minute. He is my maternal uncle but I mentioned it in LOE that my mothers maiden name is the same as his surname.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 12:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
Feygbe:

Thank you. The gift deed was gotten 7 weeks post ITA. It was meant to be 100% but then exchange rate went up. So I had to top it up myself. I simply sent the needed amount from one of my bank accounts into this one. Got an updated reference letter from the bank and submitted that letter without statements of account.
Components of a POF with Gift deed:
1. Bank letter
2. Gift deed (duly notarized)
3. Affidavit from donor (at commissioner of oaths)
4. Proof of transfer from donor to donee
5. Receipt from commissioner of oath.
6. LOE stating why I used uncle as donor. I stated I had been back to medical school for some years and my uncle had been my sponsor, so makes sense for him to gift such an amount. Supported with evidence (but added evidence to general LOE placeholder).
Hope this helps.

This not only helps but is a lifeline to me. Thanks alot, i appreciate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by pes08: 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2017
Feygbe:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kyaggy(f): 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
sunvick:
Thanks for the encouragement!!

You are welcome.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
einsteino:

This not only helps but is a lifeline to me. Thanks alot, i appreciate.
You are welcome. If you need some templates, or more info, you can send me a PM.

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.