Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1506805 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by xpizzy(m): 9:49am On Oct 29, 2017
I want to appreciate everyone here. I have been a silent follower of this thread . I am still battling with on or two stages of the process but I am very close to diving in the pool.

I just want to add a simple tip for those of us who need to make calls to Canada frequently. Calling WES for instance, you might wait for up to 20 mins before you are connected.

All you need to do is to use Skype. Buy a subscription (Canada) for $2.99 roughly about 1,110 naira with a GT card. This subscription gives you unlimited (yea you heard me) calls to any Canadian number for a whole month.

Please note that Subscription is different from buying Skype credits

I hope this helps

CC cochtrane

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by walexlo78: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2017
They do. Customer worth might be a driver.

Hephgirl:
buhahahahhah....
Gtb doesn't do Cic format.... Kpele
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eddycross(m): 10:13am On Oct 29, 2017
https://moving2canada.com/express-entry-draw/

tempest01:

Okay thanks....Is there a place to get historical draw dates and numbers?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 29, 2017
Wow this is a bit confusing! Are you saying one must maintain or keep funds in ones account for six month? What if the POF was transferred to ones Account prolly post-ITA nko? Abi I did get the gist ni?

Feygbe:

An average balance accurately shows if you have successfully maintained the balance over the 6 months prior to submission of your application or if there were lump sums.
Here is how mine was calculated:
Assume letter is requested for on 13th of October 2017. Bank starts counting the six months prior from the day before.
Balance as at May 12
Balance as at June 12
Balance as at July 12
Balance as at August 12
Balance as at September 12
Balance as at October 12
All these are added together and the sum total is divided by 6. That is the Average balance for the last 6 months
If the money was dumped in as a lump sum in less than 6 months it will show. You will have 3.6 million in your account and average balance will be like 800,000 grin.
If the amount has been there for the last six months, the difference in closing balance and average balance won't be a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dtush(f): 10:19am On Oct 29, 2017
Hello house. My company recently re-branded and changed its name. Is this somethg I need to inform CIC or my local visa office about? Cos we all had to change our LinkedIn profiles to reflect the new name.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 10:42am On Oct 29, 2017
dombosco:
Wow this is a bit confusing! Are you saying one must maintain or keep funds in ones account for six month? What if the POF was transferred to ones Account prolly post-ITA nko? Abi I did get the gist ni?

If it was transferred post ITA you need to explain the source.... is it a gift, is it from sale of property? That's why CIC wants to see the average balance for the last six months.

Mine was gifted to me post ITA and I submitted a gift deed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 29, 2017
Oh I get now. So any which way the average balance is still needed irrespective of the POF one is using.

Many thanks for your time. Won’t hesitate to contact you once am in doubt of anything...Lolz hope you don’t mind?

Feygbe:

If it was transferred post ITA you need to explain the source.... is it a gift, is it from sale of property? That's why CIC wants to see the average balance for the last six months.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Raconteur14(m): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2017
tempest01:

thanks....ive seen the site. Fingers crossed, waiting for the draws. are you in the pool or you ve passed this stage

Mehn, mine is a long story that will end in praise. I am in the pool but CRS is low and I have very limited options of increasing it that won't take a lot of time and waiting. So I am just waiting and having faith that the draws will get to the mid 420s and I will get an ITA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 29, 2017
dombosco:
Oh I get now. So any which way the average balance is still needed irrespective of the POF one is using.

Many thanks for your time. Won’t hesitate to contact you once am in doubt of anything...Lolz hope you don’t mind?

You didn't.. gift deed has nothing to do with average balance.. You may use that one.. Or fix it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 29, 2017
tempest01:

thanks....ive seen the site. Fingers crossed, waiting for the draws. are you in the pool or you ve passed this stage
CRS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 11:35am On Oct 29, 2017
Feygbe:

Please I have a question. Let's say someone earns around 2 million a month but has been spending it without a lot of savings. Now he decides to save up for about 3 months to make up the funds, will that raise any question regarding the average monthly balance? proving the source of the money (salary plus different businesses won't be an issue) Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 11:42am On Oct 29, 2017
Feygbe:
Guys, PPR is here! I am so happy! God is sooooo good! grin

Congrats ma, happy for u

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 11:44am On Oct 29, 2017
jelmusboy:
IELTS test today. Reading last section no be beans ooo.

Praying for the best by God's grace

Someone I know complained about this section too, na wa o. I hope u all pass
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tempest01(m): 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
elfmann:

CRS?

What's CRS? Guessing it's score...

471 if it is
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
tempest01:

What's CRS? Guessing it's score...

471 if it is
Go do medicals and PCC joor. Young person with PhD and 9 bands IELTS across the board?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 12:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ethelia:

Please I have a question. Let's say someone earns around 2 million a month but has been spending it without a lot of savings. Now he decides to save up for about 3 months to make up the funds, will that raise any question regarding the average monthly balance? proving the source of the money (salary plus different businesses won't be an issue) Thanks
No it won't be an issue. You may or may not include a letter of explanation. The aim is to make everything as clear as possible for any officer reviewing your case.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by irewole1: 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
No be beans at all! I still dey fill Declaration form!
Oh i neva get to statement. Once this level is complete, the nomination follows.

Abol4luv:
The requirements no be beans o. Is it all the forms we won start from or to get your bank statements. I hope we 'll still be able to submit during the week o and how long does it take them to nominate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 12:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Feygbe:

No it won't be an issue. You may or may not include a letter of explanation. The aim is to make everything as clear as possible for any officer reviewing your case.

Okay. thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tspice2015(f): 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
Patterns18:
Dear all,

A friend received ADR for Travel History, should he fill and submit the form only or he should fill and also scan pages of his passports/Visas

Your friend should fill the form and scan all passports with visa and stamp markings. He/She can also do an LOE if there are grey areas that needs clarifying.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tempest01(m): 12:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
elfmann:

Go do medicals and PCC joor. Young person with PhD and 9 bands IELTS across the board?

Hahahha....

Late twenties

I don't have PhD oh.. masters.

Ielts (9, 8.5, 8, 8 ) and PR sibling to blame.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
But if the funds were placed in FD or Tbills during that 6 months for about 2 to 3 months, you can still show your investment certificates even if they have matured as a way of showing that the money is not a new inflow.
Feygbe:

An average balance accurately shows if you have successfully maintained the balance over the 6 months prior to submission of your application or if there were lump sums.
Here is how mine was calculated:
Assume letter is requested for on 13th of October 2017. Bank starts counting the six months prior from the day before.
Balance as at May 12
Balance as at June 12
Balance as at July 12
Balance as at August 12
Balance as at September 12
Balance as at October 12
All these are added together and the sum total is divided by 6. That is the Average balance for the last 6 months
If the money was dumped in as a lump sum in less than 6 months it will show. You will have 3.6 million in your account and average balance will be like 800,000 grin.
If the amount has been there for the last six months, the difference in closing balance and average balance won't be a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hi guys.

Please I have some questions. I am assisting someone complete his Application and we can across some issues

The personal history section states that he put in the date of school or employment for the last 10years or since he clocked 18. He has filled this section. And it has brought out a page for uploading documents. I have read here that letter of reference may be requested for all these previous jobs but he has just one letter from his current job which is 4yrs+ (only job he is claiming points for).

Will uploading just one letter be okay as he can’t get letters for the previous jobs because he didn’t work long enough to be confirmed there?

Also, the letter of reference doesn’t say his salary (that’s the strict letter format they issue at his place of work) Can his letter of Employment showing his salary suffice, supported with a letter of explanation?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
Please if one has one Tbillz certificate showing all the POF and some, is this single document enough or must that bank letter still be attached?

DatechMan:

1 - You need to show sale evidence and asset evidence. Agreement, reciept and survey/plan could be useful
2 - Nothing to say
3 - You do not need to withdraw the money from the pension account, just get a reference letter from your PFA
4 - Investment certificate
5 - Investment certificate /evidence and consent letter from your wife

It is advisable to make a tabulation of all your source of funds. This should be the first page of your POF document.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by nkigirl: 1:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hello. Pls does anyone know how much Prime Clinic in port Harcourt charges for medicals for adults and children? Also, can you walk in or do you have to make an appointment?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yungreezy: 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
Guys please I have a question. I'm receiving a gift from my brother which I intend to use as my POF. Do I still need to get a bank reference letter showing the average balance in my account for the last six months.

Also, is it okay if I fix this gift and attach the fixed deposit certificate, gift deed as part of my pof.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mimikoko: 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
For yesterday's IELTS, I noticed the listening was tricky in many instances and I really don't know why. A lot of people complained after the test.

I pray for a miracle for everyone that sat for yesterday's test. That's all I can think about now. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
In my opinion you should inform CIC, add as much evidence you can get to show that it is one and the same company. In ur linked in you can state it as eg- XYZ LTD (formerly known as ABC ltd)

dtush:
Hello house. My company recently re-branded and changed its name. Is this somethg I need to inform CIC or my local visa office about? Cos we all had to change our LinkedIn profiles to reflect the new name.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
tempest01:

Hahahha....

Late twenties

I don't have PhD oh.. masters.

Ielts (9, 8.5, 8, 8 ) and PR sibling to blame.
Great stuff!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
irewole1:
No be beans at all! I still dey fill Declaration form!
Oh i neva get to statement. Once this level is complete, the nomination follows.

But beans is costlier now and even to boil it, hard oh.. Unless na pressure Coker u carry fire am.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ethelia:

In this case attaching paystubs to your application can easily explain the situation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dtush(f): 2:32pm On Oct 29, 2017
yokus:
In my opinion you should inform CIC, add as much evidence you can get to show that it is one and the same company. In ur linked in you can state it as eg- XYZ LTD (formerly known as ABC ltd)

Thanks. A mail containing the press release and SEC approval of the change of name should suffice. Also Shld I just send it as a mail to my Local visa office or do I go through the route of raising a CSE. And I have the former name of my company in my LinkedIn
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
nkigirl:
Hello. Pls does anyone know how much Prime Clinic in port Harcourt charges for medicals for adults and children? Also, can you walk in or do you have to make an appointment?
I contemplated doing medicals with them, but couldn't eventually cos I had to travel.
They charge 30k for one adult and you'd need to book an appointment. But you can also walk in. I was at least offered that option.
I'd recommend you call them to make your inquiries. Pick their number off the CIC website.

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.