Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,118 members, 7,811,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1507005 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
boosy:
LONG POST ALERT!!

whatever u might be going through, pls use it as a driving force to achieve your dreams. we started at the lowest point in our lives and used it forge ahead, it will never be easy, but with God all things r possible, he came thru for us and i know he will for u 2..
am so so sorry for my long post.. i love u all like u'r my siblings.
i should have posted this earlier on, but procastination did not allow....*shame!shame!shame! am truely bad with social media talk.
Newbies pls appreciate every1 that takes out time to respond to u, its a lot of work abeg! i was hoping i wont have to type this for days sef..

Congrats! Thanks for sharing...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
Many many congrats @Feygbe.

@bossy. What a journey. May your path be smooth henceforth.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
KINGTELLER:

What was the passage about?

It was about gold; history of its discovery plus various examples of people who made these discoveries.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hello house. I have searched the thread but just want to ask again to be sure. My affidavit for change of name is dated March this year, I just got it because I can't remember where I kept the former one, can't even remember having one though I was told I did.
Marriage certificate is 2014, newspaper 2014. Will it be OK to upload the three docs in change of name pace holder even though the affidavit is 2017?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by A14: 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hephgirl:
yes and soccer too ( fifa) duh .
It's not just games for boys / men lol
Good to know I'm not alone

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 10:50pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hephgirl:
I have that on my psp... It gets boring... There's something about a pad.... And den playing with someone by ur side feels "realer "
I used to be good at MK back then on Sega. Which platform do you play your MK?

@SQLmastar we can play PES on the other side.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by PefHouse: 10:53pm On Oct 28, 2017
Good day House,

This POF is still a bit confusing can someone knowledgeable about these matters please advice me, see bullets below

- Do I need to show bank statements using my salary account (I do not wish to use this account), I wish to use another bank which is not the salary account, although I opened it about 4yrs ago its been seriously active for just 2months. Can I still use it, if I gather all funds stated below into that account?

- Why do they need average bank balance? how is it calculated

- 1st source: of funds - I intend to sell a property to cover for 60%, what do I need to show here? The property does not have a CofO
- 2nd source: I intend to do a gift deed from a close family member to cover 10%
- 3rd source: I intend to use 25% of my pension account to cover about 15% of POF. Do I need to get pension statements or a letter from my PFA? should this be before or after I withdraw the said amount from mt Pension account?
- 4th source: I also intend to use funds from a mutual fund investment account, what do I need to show here?
- 5th source: I also intend to use funds from a mutual fund investment account of my WIFE, what do I need to show here?

Finally it there a way I can simplify and consolidate my income sources so that I avoid pitfalls during these POF submissions. I will really like to submit one or two solid POFs. Please take note of the bank account I intend to use.

Note I intend to travel with my family.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
PefHouse:
Good day House,
- 1st source: of funds - I intend to sell a property to cover for 60%, what do I need to show here? The property does not have a CofO
- 2nd source: I intend to do a gift deed from a close family member to cover 10%
- 3rd source: I intend to use 25% of my pension account to cover about 15% of POF. Do I need to get pension statements or a letter from my PFA? should this be before or after I withdraw the said amount from mt Pension account?
- 4th source: I also intend to use funds from a mutual fund investment account, what do I need to show here?
- 5th source: I also intend to use funds from a mutual fund investment account of my WIFE, what do I need to show here?
Thanks

1 - You need to show sale evidence and asset evidence. Agreement, reciept and survey/plan could be useful
2 - Nothing to say
3 - You do not need to withdraw the money from the pension account, just get a reference letter from your PFA
4 - Investment certificate
5 - Investment certificate /evidence and consent letter from your wife

It is advisable to make a tabulation of all your source of funds. This should be the first page of your POF document.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 11:08pm On Oct 28, 2017
Congrats on your IELTS result. you nailed it!.

enocoded4life:
I am just super excited and overwhelmed right now. All glory to God because He indeed answers prayers. Just checked my IELTS results now:

Listening: 8.0
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 8.0

Got just what I needed in all bands to get maximum scores. CRS now stands at 453. I pray UNIPORT sends my transcript to WES today as promised so that my evaluation can be completed. Can't wait to dive into pool. From here henceforth it's from glory to glory.

Special thanks to @yimiton, @Sunvick, @Dhimmy, @Algbenguze, @Hephgirl who encouraged me to rewrite IELTS when I shared my profile and former scores (LRSW 7.5, 9, 7, 6.5). They helped me calculate my possible CRS if I got an 8 in listening and told me I had no business with PNP. Today your advice has paid off. Thank you sirs and ma'am God bless you all.

To all hopefuls keep holding on, it's just around the corner. It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2017
My pleasure. Hope you get your PPR soon

threadstone:
Busy week.. medicals yesterday (the wait period na die), Pension Letter from stanbic yesterday (thanks yimiton for the FMT), So na to stroll enter bank collect reference letter remain.

am ende steiht der sieg!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
Yes oh. Thank God the wait is finally over for me. I think mine took a total of 3 weeks or a little over.

Kontagious:

Yimiton, comman see your sister grin. She has a very similar post to this.

Soon and very soon, you'd have that PUM, and your CoPR in your hands.

We all are waiting for one thing or the other. Last last, we'd all smile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by PefHouse: 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
DatechMan:

1 - You need to show sale evidence and asset evidence. Agreement, reciept and survey/plan could be useful
2 - Nothing to say
3 - You do not need to withdraw the money from the pension account, just get a reference letter from your PFA

It is advisable to make a tabulation of all your source of funds. This should be the first page of your POF document.

@DatechMan Thanks, this is very helpful. just to clarify below

1 - You need to show sale evidence and asset evidence. Agreement, reciept and survey/plan could be useful Ths is clear
2 - Nothing to say

So the funds don't need to reflect on my bank balance, is that what you mean? plus I don't have to show my Pension Statement?

So the funds also don't need to reflect on my bank balance (the statement I intend to submit)? plus I don't have to show my investment trail or Statement?

So the funds also don't need to reflect on my bank balance (the statement I intend to submit)? plus I don't have to show my wife's investment trail or Statement?

Please can you comment on the bank account I intend to use, its been active for just 2months now. With the proofs above will the average balance over 6months still matter. I usually don't keep cash in my accounts

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 11:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
olusolarichards:

Help!!!..i requested for my transcript to send to WES from my school for some weeks now. I realized my account still showing "we are waiting for ur documents"i have to go my school to know what going on,realized my transcript is till in school but it has ready & addressed to WES sealed & stamped but no signature on it.I don't kn if i can pick and post it myself?But on the white envelope my school stated institution name and WES address postal address..but I prefer to send it through courier .Can I DHL it with the postal address on the envelope?..Pls advice me..
Make sure your WES REF No is boldly writing on the envelope, very very important.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Raconteur14(m): 12:25am On Oct 29, 2017
boosy:
LONG POST ALERT!!
My Canadian family, gather abeg, gist dey!!!!!
so i have been a ghost reader (probably one of the oldest) since d days of Zandora N Duppyshoo!!
i had to come out of my 'anti-social media' shell cos its madatory i give back to this thread!!!
i hope my post encourages someone esp those going thru some lows in any part of their lives...

whatever u might be going through, pls use it as a driving force to achieve your dreams. we started at the lowest point in our lives and used it forge ahead, it will never be easy, but with God all things r possible, he came thru for us and i know he will for u 2..
i should have posted this earlier on, but procastination did not allow....*shame!shame!shame! am truely bad with social media talk.
Newbies pls appreciate every1 that takes out time to respond to u, its a lot of work abeg! i was hoping i wont have to type this for days sef..

@revlane.. congrats dear...have u found a place for ur pictures in IB? if not u can go to pixels at Bodija or ring road

Congratulations Boosy. God rewarded your persistence. Congratulations to all that received PPR recently- Sleekysilk, Feygbe, Revlane and the others. Congratulations to all that also had good IELTS. It will surely end in praise.

I know I will also share my testimony here

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Raconteur14(m): 12:28am On Oct 29, 2017
tempest01:

Okay thanks....Is there a place to get historical draw dates and numbers?

I know someone already gave you the CIC site but this is succinct in one page and it is updated every time there is a new draw
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:01am On Oct 29, 2017
Go and work it out with ur Alma mater. You wouldn't want it being rejected. That will amount to waste of everything.
olusolarichards:

Help!!!..i requested for my transcript to send to WES from my school for some weeks now. I realized my account still showing "we are waiting for ur documents"i have to go my school to know what going on,realized my transcript is till in school but it has ready & addressed to WES sealed & stamped but no signature on it.I don't kn if i can pick and post it myself?But on the white envelope my school stated institution name and WES address postal address..but I prefer to send it through courier .Can I DHL it with the postal address on the envelope?..Pls advice me..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tspice2015(f): 5:31am On Oct 29, 2017
boosy:
LONG POST ALERT!!
My Canadian family, gather abeg, gist dey!!!!!
so i have been a ghost reader (probably one of the oldest) since d days of Zandora N Duppyshoo!!
i had to come out of my 'anti-social media' shell cos its madatory i give back to this thread!!!
iVILLAGE!

Hubby and i started this Canada waka since 2014. it

mid 2015,i stumbled on Zandora's thread, u can imagine our joy when we realised it diddnt require licensure. i read every single page on d other thread, knew so much about EE, and even started advising people to try it. at this point we had all the knowledge but never did anything physically about it.
fast forward to April 2016... we suffered a major loss due to medical negligence, and we decided we had had enough of this country!!!

i started my PEBC evaluation and all required documents were submitted by August except my transcript, little did we know the 'officers in charge from my village' aka OICV had picked up our case file during their quarterly meeting!!!!!
i started processing my transcript from May and they didnt submit it till August, was so relieved until PEBC told me my useless school submitted an incomplete transcript and it was rejected!!! who does that furthermore, marriage cert. was cut off, so i had to spend another DHL money for that!! They also claimed they didnt see my letter of good standing from pharmacy council!! i was so dejected!! how could the plan of the OICV gone so well? 3 rejections from only PEBC
i finally paid another #60,000 for a new transcript to be sent which they did with their snail speed and sent feb 2017. waited to hear from PEBC so we could dive in2 d pool with my proposed score of 468....nothing. contacted them March, they replied after d 2nd mail they were yet to receive my letter of good standing (this was after sending them several mails of the DHL delivery to their office and even the name of their staff that signed after delivery), i just concluded 'OICV' must have collabored with the guy in Abuja somehow. we were tired abeg and just closed their case, decided to evaluate hubby's masters via IQAS.

IQAS was fast, hubby dived in2 d pool with 434 in Feb.
we had written IELTS Dec 2016
hubby... LRSW.... 8.5, 7.5, 8.5, 7.5
Urs truely............8, 8, 7.5, 7

Even though we were sure CRS would never go beyond 450, we just wanted him to be swimming.
Ontario opened and CRS started declining!!!! wow! there was hope! after much convincing from me to close our profile and open a new one for Ontario, hubby finally agreed and did that around 11pm, unknown to us, there was a surprise draw and the cut off was 434!!!! we were supposed to receive an ITA that midnight!!!!!! everyone that knew about our parole blamed my over sabi like hell! chai! i felt so bad!! but at least, there was hope!
below is our timeline;
ITA.....APRIL 5, 2017
AOR.....JULY 4
ADR (SCHEDULE A FOR ME).....JULY 20TH
UCI ASSIGNED.....JULY 20
IP1.........JULY 21 (STAYED ON DS FOR 91 DAYS!!)
MP........JULY 28
WE DO NOT NEED ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS.....SEPT 1
CALLED CIC, SAID FILE IS IN TRANSIT TO LONDON VISA OFFICE UK.....SEPT 25
ADR........SEPT 29
the 'OICV' somehow convinced the VO i was a criminal in Canada awaiting decision on my offence. we wrote a LOE immediately thet i had neva been to Canada let alone commit a crime!! see me see wahala!!
IP2......OCT 20
PPR..... OCT 23
TOTAL NO OF DAYS FROM AOR.....111 ie 3months 19days of excrutiating wait!!

@revlane.. congrats dear...have u found a place for ur pictures in IB? if not u can go to pixels at Bodija or ring road

Congratulations & thanks for sharing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 6:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Deebay:
Hello house. I have searched the thread but just want to ask again to be sure. My affidavit for change of name is dated March this year, I just got it because I can't remember where I kept the former one, can't even remember having one though I was told I did.
Marriage certificate is 2014, newspaper 2014. Will it be OK to upload the three docs in change of name pace holder even though the affidavit is 2017?
Thanks

Yes you are OK....
Had similar affidavit done this year after years of marriage.
There was no problems with that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abol4luv: 6:37am On Oct 29, 2017
Thank you but I couldn't open the link. Plz help
12go:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abol4luv: 6:45am On Oct 29, 2017
The requirements no be beans o. Is it all the forms we won start from or to get your bank statements. I hope we 'll still be able to submit during the week o and how long does it take them to nominate?
irewole1:
Good eve house! Do we have anyone who have successfully submitted Saskachewan PNP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Patterns18: 6:45am On Oct 29, 2017
Dear all,

A friend received ADR for Travel History, should he fill and submit the form only or he should fill and also scan pages of his passports/Visas
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Sugaro: 7:07am On Oct 29, 2017
Deebay:
Thanks
Not a problem, MI court wedding(2017) was done after I had change of name affidavit and newspaper(2016) sef, used it like that for study permit, no issues.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 29, 2017
@Feygbe good morning and good morning to everyone else. Please can I have a sample of your bank statement in the CIC format. Please anyone zhere using Ecobank or Firstbank did you get the required format for your bank letter. A sample will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 7:40am On Oct 29, 2017
SegunWamiri:

It was about gold; history of its discovery plus various examples of people who made these discoveries.

Did they mention anything about the discovery of Gold in Australia?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 7:59am On Oct 29, 2017
PefHouse:
Good day House,

This POF is still a bit confusing can someone knowledgeable about these matters please advice me, see bullets below

- Why do they need average bank balance? how is it calculated

Note I intend to travel with my family.

Thanks
An average balance accurately shows if you have successfully maintained the balance over the 6 months prior to submission of your application or if there were lump sums.
Here is how mine was calculated:
Assume letter is requested for on 13th of October 2017. Bank starts counting the six months prior from the day before.
Balance as at May 12
Balance as at June 12
Balance as at July 12
Balance as at August 12
Balance as at September 12
Balance as at October 12
All these are added together and the sum total is divided by 6. That is the Average balance for the last 6 months
If the money was dumped in as a lump sum in less than 6 months it will show. You will have 3.6 million in your account and average balance will be like 800,000 grin.
If the amount has been there for the last six months, the difference in closing balance and average balance won't be a lot.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 8:00am On Oct 29, 2017
Congratulations Boosy. Hpy 4 u.
The VO insinuating crime in Canada is so weird

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 8:09am On Oct 29, 2017
DatechMan:

I used to be good at MK back then on Sega. Which platform do you play your MK?

@SQLmastar we can play PES on the other side.
PS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olajide21: 8:18am On Oct 29, 2017
Feygbe:

An average balance accurately shows if you have successfully maintained the balance over the 6 months prior to submission of your application or if there were lump sums.
Here is how mine was calculated:
Assume letter is requested for on 13th of October 2017. Bank starts counting the six months prior from the day before.
Balance as at May 12
Balance as at June 12
Balance as at July 12
Balance as at August 12
Balance as at September 12
Balance as at October 12
All these are added together and the sum total is divided by 6. That is the Average balance for the last 6 months
If the money was dumped in as a lump sum in less than 6 months it will show. You will have 3.6 million in your account and average balance will be like 800,000 grin.
If the amount has been there for the last six months, the difference in closing balance and average balance won't be a lot.
Which bank is this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jovykay: 8:31am On Oct 29, 2017
Congrat @Feygbe and @bossy.

So i saw this post and decided to share:

COPIED!!COPIED!!

Hi guys,

This is my first post on this website. Here's my timeline:

FSW-Outland
AOR: 7th April, 2017
Medicals done: 24th June, 2017

I'm not sure about when IP1 and IP2 started for me, but since 6 months got over on 7th October, I wrote to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca asking them about the application status. And i got an e-mail saying PPR had already been sent on 18th July. I'm 100% sure it had gone into Spam and i had no idea, plus there was absolutely no update on the MyCIC website. So, they sent me the PPR again on the 11th.

PPR: 11th October, 2017

So, the PPR emails are sure to go into Spam. Guys, please keep checking your e-mail spam folder everyday from day one after AOR itself. And those who have crossed six months, write to CPC-CTD immediately.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 8:38am On Oct 29, 2017
jovykay:
Congrat @Feygbe and @bossy.

So i saw this post and decided to share:

COPIED!!COPIED!!

Hi guys,

This is my first post on this website. Here's my timeline:

FSW-Outland
AOR: 7th April, 2017
Medicals done: 24th June, 2017

I'm not sure about when IP1 and IP2 started for me, but since 6 months got over on 7th October, I wrote to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca asking them about the application status. And i got an e-mail saying PPR had already been sent on 18th July. I'm 100% sure it had gone into Spam and i had no idea, plus there was absolutely no update on the MyCIC website. So, they sent me the PPR again on the 11th.

PPR: 11th October, 2017

So, the PPR emails are sure to go into Spam. Guys, please keep checking your e-mail spam folder everyday from day one after AOR itself. And those who have crossed six months, write to CPC-CTD immediately.
I totally concur. I also read about a lady who found hers in the trash folder. I checked and overchecked both spam and trash ehn.... grin

As for contacting CIC, I totally agree. I didnt mind staying on phone for 35 mins before speaking to an agent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 9:14am On Oct 29, 2017
olajide21:

Which bank is this?

UBA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tempest01(m): 9:38am On Oct 29, 2017
Raconteur14:

I know someone already gave you the CIC site but this is succinct in one page and it is updated every time there is a new draw

thanks....ive seen the site. Fingers crossed, waiting for the draws. are you in the pool or you ve passed this stage

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.