Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511331 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JesusBabyyy: 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
wow! congtaulations @Kontagious and @veleta
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 4:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
GTB will give you a signature confirmation letter for a savings account. You can use that and add 6months statement of account, you are good.

EngrKen8:
Good day guys. I've been a silent follower of this thread, and I must say you guys rock. I'm however currently in a dilemma with regards to POF. I have a GTB savings account and I just read somewhere that I can't get a letter from the bank with my account. What can I do at this point?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2017
LMAO.
You ehn!

sleekysilk:

As a married principal applicant, u may choose to go to Canada alone and you may also choose to go with your spouse. Some people for some personal reasons might not want to go with their spouses. So I join CIC to ask you, 'Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada?' YES or NO
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
..and your siblings are about to have a sibling in Canada grin
Congrats again!
Kontagious:
Arh... The kynd of CRS you see and be wondering what you were doing when folks were going for PhD grin or why you no get sibling in Canada.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by intercedertee(f): 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2017
congrats
sleekysilk:

Congrats. It surely ended in praise. London gang celebration month.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Iumezinwa1: 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2017
Congrats .

Please how do i go about the name affidavit am also having the same problem. Please assist

Kontagious:
Thank you all, I am truly touched.

Long post alert!

When I started this journey, I was less knowledgeable, in fact I had zero knowledge till I stumbled on this thread. Plan then was to make my wife PA. Our profile is almost same except me with MSc and hers was still in the making. The decision to make her PA was because she has only one employer while I’ve had not less than 4, so I thought should IRCC need work confirmation, it will be much faster getting the confirmation from one employer than multiple that will be applicable in my case. More so, her employer has some form of international recognition while I have mostly played with semi-local champions, so her reference letter should also carry much credence I assumed.

Meanwhile, because of lack of knowledge, myself and my wife agreed to use an agent – who is a client of her employer. She spoke with the fellow and feedback was “first thing we need is IELTS, once that is gotten, we will proceed”. I was somewhat angered that he gave a very vague response without even telling at the least what will be done following IELTS, man didn’t even recommend the score to aim. I will later thank God he didn’t give any other detail cause that was the last she spoke to him about this journey. Luckily for us, his stand propelled me to search which of course led me to this thread.

Previous thread was around page 440+, read about the first 180 pages while keeping up with current discussion, also read about 100 pages backward and left the remaining but always kept followed the discussions.

It was during my reading I deduced the IELTS wasn’t necessarily the first as ECA takes a bit of time, then reviews about WES was somewhat terrible with folks complaining WES hardly respond to queries. Other than the communication lapse, I didn’t see any other negative comment plus few participants had shared ways of getting WES to respond (the twitter/facebook attack). Unfortunately, I don’t have any of such account but figured if need be, I was going to open the needed account and get my message across. So, WES we went with.

To get transcript from the school to WES, I posted my first questions on the thread but still PMed Yimiton for more tips and ways around Unilag. Unknown to me, she would be very instrumental in the subsequent days and months to follow. After a few exchange of emails on transcript request and WES Vs IQAS, we switched to BBM. During our early chats, she asked for my profile. Next, she sent me two CRS scores. One my wife being the PA and the other me as PA. Because my wife has only BSc at the time, her CRS was far lesser than mine. My new found friend advised I take the mantle of course shredding my thoughts of having delayed confirmation cause I’d be using three references. Later in our chats, I’d realize my wife didn’t even need to write IELTS, scores was then at the lowest ever. Another relief for me cause my wife preparing for IELTS was a dream we both dreaded. Her work is tasking, she gets home knackered and we have a wonderful infant who would still demand the most of her.

While ECA was ongoing, we got our new passports and I registered for IELTS. All looked well as estimation was to have IELTS and ECA about the same thing. Truly, both came days apart but IELTS was a wreck. Eventually registered for another IELTS while EOR was initiated. Second result was a relief, started gathering needed documents as soon as the result came, there was a draw the week of the result so I had roughly two weeks to gather all documents as I wanted to submit the earliest possible.

AOR was few days from ITA. Week of submitting, a discussion came on that would send me shaking – it was VO’s erroneously ignoring some POF documents. I had used two similar TBills certificates and balance from provided statement, all without a cover letter. The TBills were sufficient to cover my needed funds but if the statement was only considered like it was discussed then, that will be a blow.

Again, I ran to Yimiton who we had grew much closer, some successes had been achieved on our paths. Conclusion was of course to redo the POF with a cover letter and raise CSE the fastest possible time. I’d later discuss with GlitteringStar who also assured me to relax as all needed to be done had been done. Some days later, I was a bit free then went through my CIC account only to discover that my CRS score was one point higher than it should be. I digged further than found where the one point came from, spouse education was 9 instead of 8. GlitteringStar shinned again assuring me to stay calm and positive, “patapata” VO will only remove the extra one point and proceed should I not fall below my draw’s ITA.

Let me add a little more detail, maybe some questions would be answered in the process.

Work Experience/Reference Letter
Pre ITA, I filled three places of work – all previous employment. The 3rd being just a 6 months duration and without it, I’d still be over 3 years.
Since ITA was sure, I started gathering supporting document from the day of the result. The 1st two reference letters were gotten with very little effort but the 3rd was a bone in the throat. After the request for the letter, I called, mailed, texted, sent whatsapp messages but the CEO somewhat ignored all communications. I had earlier discussed my need of the letter with line head, but he was out of town so option of having him write the letter was dashed. I gave myself till a day to ITA to get the letter or I’d delete the work experience from work history. I ended up not getting the letter before ITA and I didn’t get chance to delete. I had no other option than to delete post ITA since letter was not forthcoming.

For the other two, I provided complimentary cards even though the letters were on letterhead. The 1st, a real estate firm signed by a managing partner, I included his card. The other, a much bigger firm. Reference letter was a one page on letter head with all details except for Job Description. I requested the letter made reference to the JD as an attachment which was obliged, JD was 2 pages printed on plain paper (like an internal memo) with company’s logo and name at the top – the two page JD was black and white, only the one page letter was signed by Head, HR and DMD. Both signatures were digital. I couldn’t get any of their cards so I got Recruitment Manager’s Card in place and attached to the letter.

POF
POF was initially 9 pages – 2 Tbills certificates, 6 pages of 6 months SOA, last page was screenshot of Oanda and Xe showing my total sum in CAD equivalent. POF was all from a joint account. The 1st Tbills was about 2 months to ITA, the second was a day after ITA. Both of same amount, same tenor (6 months) but different rates. Then SOA was printed two days Post ITA – a day after the 2nd Tbills. The Tbills were sufficient to cover our required funds but the statement had a closing balance of about N1.8m, Within a week from printing (or AOR), balance in the account fell below N1m. Even till now, it’s still below 1m. There’s been inflows but the outflows are heavier. Application fee + RPRF were taken from the funds. I had conviction to deep hand into POF has the TBills were sufficient so even if asked for updated POF, I’d submit the two Tbills and the SOA (maybe with a little topup). Later raised CSE with exact same document except that I added a cover page letter to the POF detailing there were two similar but different TBills certificates and SOA.

Medicals and PCC
Both were done same day, a day after ITA

Educational Documents
BSc Certificate
MSc Certificate
IELTS TRF
ECA for both degrees
One and Same person affidavit (draft and cheapest way to get from Yimiton)

I added the affidavit cause my names varied through all documents, somewhat of these;
BSc certificate – Olusegun Buhari
MSc – Olusegun Jonathan Buhari
Passport – Jonathan Segun Buhari
ECA, IELTS, Medicals, PCC (all tied to passport) – Jonathan Segun Buhari
Reference Letter 1 - Olusegun Jonathan Buhari
Reference Letter 1 - Olusegun Buhari

No LOE added.

For my wife.

She has completed her MSc but couldn’t evaluate since ECA was ready before she completed. Post ITA, I added her MSC but stated no ECA for it. I didn’t include work history for her, answered No to question of her having work history but included all details in personal history.

As a wrap, this thread is lit with information, I packaged my application from reading only this thread.

Behind this page, I and a host of others chat, you all are appreciated. Please permit me to mention but a few… Elfmann, Cochtrane, 40manlappy, GlitteringStar, Yimiton, Philip3, Wura27, Algbenguze, Incredibledude, Hephgirl, Canadianfly... Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Omoedeki: 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2017
I am in the pool already with a CRS score of 439. I have some questions.
1. Can I use only Tbill certificate as my POF without account statement?

2. Can I use PCC I got about 2 months ago while applying for Australian Visa? Australia was boldly written on it, will that make it invalid for Canadian Immigration?

3. Where can I take the passport photo required in Port Harcourt

Thanks for all the help I have received so far from this forum. I am grateful

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by A14: 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2017
CannyMode:
Wow! 3 days off the forum and 20 pages gone. A huge congratulations to all PPR recipients.
189 days post AOR and still marking attendance sad
London be dulling us.
Have you emailed them though?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AlexanderGreat(m): 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
Kontagious:
Arh... The kynd of CRS you see and be wondering what you were doing when folks were going for PhD grin or why you no get sibling in Canada.
LMFAO!!! @ the bolded
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Iumezinwa1: 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2017
For those that have had previous UK and US visitor visa refusal and gotten PR, what did you put as your reason. Was it a short explanation or long story.

I have been denied UK (once) and US visitor Visa ( twice, although i eventually got a US visa in Nov 2016).

please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2017
Fellow Londoners, I hail o!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is currently being processed at the visa office in London.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2017
Omoedeki:
I am in the pool already with a CRS score of 439. I have some questions.
1. Can I use only Tbill certificate as my POF without account statement? You can use T bill certificate as POF but be prepared in case a review officer sends ADR wanting to see account statement of where the T bills were funded from. It's been known to happen

2. Can I use PCC I got about 2 months ago while applying for Australian Visa? Australia was boldly written on it, will that make it invalid for Canadian Immigration? You may submit it if it's from a country where you're not currently staying and it is still valid, it could be accepted. If it's for Nigeria where PCC is invalid after 3 months, be prepared to get another if asked

3. Where can I take the passport photo required in Port Harcourt Take the spec for the photo to any digital photo studio, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Thanks for all the help I have received so far from this forum. I am grateful

Hi, see above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2017
sleekysilk:

Oga elfman, I no understand wetin u mean by representative. Abeg show me the way.
And as per the Alagnon meeting with encoded, it's good that clarification came on time. If not, I was also thinking the meeting was in 'za oza room' grin
Agggent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2017
Delstar
Landuseact
Canadianfly

Any news about fbi pcc?
Team August
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by CannyMode: 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2017
A14:

London be dulling us.
Have you emailed them though?

I have.... cry It will all end in thanksgiving by His special grace
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by CannyMode: 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
MRSDA:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is currently being processed at the visa office in London.....

Thank you! Thank you! And we shall all hear back REALLY soon!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Omoedeki: 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2017
Blackbuddy:

Hi, see above.

Thanks. I am grateful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 6:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
[quote author=CannyMode post=62011133][/quote]

AMEN!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by flosk: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
Marvi4real:
God has done it for me. It's ppr.
ITA: JUNE 28
AOR: JULY 12
MEP: JULY 24
IP1: JULY 25
NA2: JULY 27
FTD: SEP 13
ADR: OCT 12 (CERT OF REGISTRATION WITH NMA, TAX DOCUMENTS, PAYSLIPS, HEIGHT AND EYE COLOUR, BIO PAGE, EXPLANATION OF SELF EMPLOYED WORK)
IP2: BETWEEN 1/11 AND 2/11
PPR: 2/11/17
London VO

@marvi4real congratulations! Please did you apply as a self employed? Please how did you go about it? How long did it take?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by PefHouse: 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2017
Good day All,

Please I would like to hear from someone who used 25% PFA contribution as POF.
- Were you stressed or did VO request for ADR?
- What documents did you present? Did your PFA have to state in the letter that you will be eligible to access 25%

Note: I will be eligible to access 25% in a month or so and intend to use it as my POF. I use Stanbic IBTC

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
sleekysilk:

Oga elfman, I no understand wetin u mean by representative. Abeg show me the way.
And as per the Alagnon meeting with encoded, it's good that clarification came on time. If not, I was also thinking the meeting was in 'za oza room' grin

Hahahahahaha!!! Una mind no good o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2017
Congratulations to the PPR recipients.
Please let's stop quoting long posts abeg. It makes the thread unnecessarily long.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 6:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
elfmann:

Bwahahahaha.. this is why some pple need a representative.

grin maybe he thought they are referring to business partner na.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 6:33pm On Nov 02, 2017
Dearest people,

Please help me torchlight these issues.

1. If my bank does 6 months average balance in my accts, they won't get a reasonable amount because most of my funds have always been moved out before month end to TBills for the past 7 months. Shebi, even if the TBills mature by the time I am presenting POF, I can add SOA & the expired investment advise to the bank letter to explain the "small" 6 months average balance.

2. For those who have used 25% Pension, at what point can I request for the letter? And does the letter state that you are eligible for the funds 4 months after early retirement?(read that somewhere online).

3. Back to No 2 above, how does one even proof to the PFA that you are doing early retirement?

Biko, don't vex too much for my kweshuns.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
MRSDA:

Dear Sir/Madam,

yours is loading..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
Blackbuddy:

Hi, see above.
Three months is written on it but actually it is valid for twelve months. Let our information be in full.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:38pm On Nov 02, 2017
Newmum0615:
Dearest people,

Please help me torchlight these issues.

1. If my bank does 6 months average balance in my accts, they won't get a reasonable amount because most of my funds have always been moved out before month end to TBills for the past 7 months. Shebi, even if the TBills mature by the time I am presenting POF, I can add SOA & the expired investment advise to the bank letter to explain the "small" 6 months average balance.

2. For those who have used 25% Pension, at what point can I request for the letter? And does the letter state that you are eligible for the funds 4 months after early retirement?(read that somewhere online).

3. Back to No 2 above, how does one even proof to the PFA that you are doing early retirement?

Biko, don't vex too much for my kweshuns.

Thanks
1. Yes
2. When u r gathering bank documents. See attached for ur other question
3. I don't understand ur question... Rephrase pls

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 6:38pm On Nov 02, 2017
Have you gotten your way around it?

Losami:

yes the card is well funded .. lol
unable to processs your selected payment method.please make sure the entered information is correct and up-to-date.
okay, thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dchamp19: 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
Lol.....

Kontagious:

Platypelloid, please confirm you schooled and worked in Canada. Otherwise, the CRS you have is somebody else's CRS to put it lightly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Santino1:

When you say it like that, one might be tempted to think say na prison. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Heaven forbid that. Na only joke I dey oo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2017
einsteino:

grin maybe he thought they are referring to business partner na.
No matter what, some folks can't do this on their own. After reading all the pages and parts, pls is wes ref no end with IMM? Mine doesn't. This shiiiit is hard oh.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
PefHouse:
Good day All,

Please I would like to hear from someone who used 25% PFA contribution as POF.
- Were you stressed or did VO request for ADR?
- What documents did you present? Did your PFA have to state in the letter that you will be eligible to access 25%

Note: I will be eligible to access 25% in a month or so and intend to use it as my POF. I use Stanbic IBTC

Thanks
For those who have they weren't stressed.
Yes it has to state

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.