Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1512220 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kay2011(m): 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lordnath:
Dear London Gang, I've been invited to Trafalgar Square for a chat and the interview is a month away. I just logged in and saw a new message. Thought it was RFV but it was a Request for an Interview. Now my CIC account can rest from frequent checking.

London Visa Office and wahala ! Kai !
Are u based in the UK? If not, that one ga gan o.
All the best.
I guess you are in IP2 now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lordnath(m): 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
kay2011:

London Visa Office and wahala ! Kai !
Are u based in the UK? If not, that one ga gan o.
All the best.
I guess you are in IP2 now

I'm UK based and still in NA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by PefHouse: 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
Good day All,

- If one is already married and the PA indicates that spouse and family is NOT accompanying on the submission (into the pool)
- After ITA can PA change from NOT accompanying to indicate that spouse and family will be accompanying, assuming CRS remains above the draw cut-off.
- Will you be allowed to update ALL portions of your profile after ITA? Including accompanying spouse and family.

Example:
Draw cut-off - CRS 440
apply without spouse - CRS 446
After ITA, update with spouse and family accompanying - CRS 441

Is this allowed?

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lordnath(m): 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
smslive2:
Trafalgar square in Lagos grin grin grin
Im sure he/she lives in UK

grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codew0rks(m): 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
Well Am thinking taking PNP route. I opened thread for it but one guy shut it down. Am doing research on PNP and FST

ayodeji2017:

Just wondering if any of our seniors in the house that took the PNP route can start a thread on PNP for us that might want to consider that route.
Congrats to the latest PPRs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by PefHouse: 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
PefHouse:
Hi Elders

I need your advice on NOC.
- Can I choose NOC 1(IT Related) experience as my overall NOC, considering it was almost 8yrs ago?
- Does the period the experience was gathered a factor? Is most recent experience considered more?
- My experience spans about 3 NOCs. I left out others because they would did not contribute to CRS.

Please see case study below:

Work Experience:
NOC 1 (IT Related JOB)
Nov.2006 - Mar.2009
approx. 2.5yrs experience

NOC 2 (Coporate Sales JOB)- Most Recent
Sept.2015 - Aug.2017
approx. 2yrs experience

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kay2011(m): 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lordnath:

I'm UK based and still in NA

Ok, I for fear. If you are still in NA, then it's possible that you will get your PPR on the interview day.

All the best !!!!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lordnath(m): 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
Yewwygraceful:
Hi Lordnath, please what is the status are you on NA2 now or IP2?

NA2 still o. I tire
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lordnath(m): 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
kay2011:

Ok, I for fear. If you are still in NA, then it's possible that you will get your PPR on the interview day.

All the best !!!!!!!!!!

Someone who went for same interview confirmed this. She got the maple leaf right there at the embassy. That one go sweet o cheesy
I'm scared jor embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olajide21: 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
TEECANN:

Thanks buddy,

Do we have to download and print the Police Fingerprint form from CIC website or we will be given the hardcopy of the form to fill at Alagbon?

Thanks in advance.

If you could send your email to me (PM if you want) i would send a copy to you. If can pre fill it and give it to them at Alagbon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kay2011(m): 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lordnath:

Someone who went for same interview confirmed this. She got the maple leaf right there at the embassy. That one go sweet o cheesy
I'm scared jor embarassed

Don't be scared. I'm just a bit concerned why they are calling you for an interview at NA2 stage. What did the guy at CIO recommend that brought this interview at this stage? Did they ask you to bring anything when coming?
Just thinking aloud !!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lordnath(m): 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
kay2011:

Don't be scared. I'm just a bit concerned why they are calling you for an interview at NA2 stage. What did the guy at CIO recommend that brought this interview at this stage? Did they ask you to bring anything when coming?
Just thinking aloud !!!!!!!!

Nothing specific, just to bring all documents. That alone made me relax. I guess I'll find out when I get there. Na talk we go talk...no qualms. Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kay2011(m): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lordnath:

Nothing specific, just to bring all documents. That alone made me relax. I guess I'll find out when I get there. Na talk we go talk...no qualms. Thanks bro
All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by browndoll: 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
Hello again.
I see that ICES is requesting for a credit card. Now i'm a bit confused cos i was planning to use a dollar debit card.what's the way forward o people?

keni:

Any reason why you dont want to get one? If you use GTB and have online banking, you can simply log on and submit a request there.(it will cost you sha o) Thats what I did.

Alternatively you can get a virtual card here https://getbarter.co/# (but there rate high small o) That what I used because I didnt want to leave the office, buy $ from aboki then load my dom account. I gave the details to ICES and they charged the card
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dupyshoo: 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
Not sure of the relevance cos this was in 2015. You can however still check this link for someone interview experience.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/london-office-interview-experience-and-questions-for-others-t391206.0.html;msg4867587#msg4867587
Lordnath:
Dear London Gang, I've been invited to Trafalgar Square for a chat and the interview is a month away. I just logged in and saw a new message. Thought it was RFV but it was a Request for an Interview. Now my CIC account can rest from frequent checking.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2017
cheapphones:

I think this tie breaker has always been there, I think I remember seeing it on cic website some months ago.

This is the first time they are implementing it. They brought it up in July but have never implemented it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 08, 2017
PefHouse:
Good day All,

- If one is already married and the PA indicates that spouse and family is NOT accompanying on the submission (into the pool)
- After ITA can PA change from NOT accompanying to indicate that spouse and family will be accompanying, assuming CRS remains above the draw cut-off.
- Will you be allowed to update ALL portions of your profile after ITA? Including accompanying spouse and family.

Example:
Draw cut-off - CRS 440
apply without spouse - CRS 446
After ITA, update with spouse and family accompanying - CRS 441

Is this allowed?

Cheers

NO
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lordnath:

You're one step away from PPR! Congratulations!
AOR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by PefHouse: 9:48pm On Nov 08, 2017
Hamiltondreamer:

NO

@Hamiltondreamer

Thanks. Please can you expatiate, someone said its possible as long as your CRS score stays above the draw cutoff after updates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lordnath(m): 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2017
dupyshoo:
Not sure of the relevance cos this was in 2015. You can however still check this link for someone interview experience.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/london-office-interview-experience-and-questions-for-others-t391206.0.html;msg4867587#msg4867587

When an elder wades in...there's a silver lining cheesy

Thanks madam

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lordnath(m): 9:57pm On Nov 08, 2017
bbaby84:

You're one step away from PPR! Congratulations!
AOR?

Talk true shocked

AOR July 18

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
Abby2017:
Next step is as communicated in the mail.
@datechman, maybe you should provide poster with direction on how you contacted CIC when your PPR was hiding.
Congrats though...
Sorry guys. I saw this late.
I have been in ghost mode. I got banned/restricted by bot or admin ( justwise ).
I could not post comments. I just got unbanned today

Firstly, kindly note that this issue although similar to mine has a peculiar context. A 15-day ultimatum or thereabout is usually given to submit passport. My case was still within the timeline.
Nevertheless, you can still try my approach. Firstly, search your inbox and spam folders to ascertain that the said email is not there.
Reply to the email. Tell them that you never got such mail and that you would appreciate if it is resent.
In my case, it was sent 2 days later directly into my CIC account.

I wish this get sorted ASAP.
Bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sweetrie(f): 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2017
Issyman:

I join u in this prayer cos d wait could be something else. Plz am also sorry for the words " I strongly believe" in my previous response. It was based on my experience and findings.
Good luck
No wahala oo. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 08, 2017
PefHouse:

@Hamiltondreamer

Thanks. Please can you expatiate, someone said its possible as long as your CRS score stays above the draw cutoff after updates.
You mean 5 points is the different?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
PefHouse:

@Hamiltondreamer

You mean 5 points is the difference?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
Keep calm and believe yours will come.
phf2be:
458 is cruel na!!! embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by aduredee: 10:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
Good evening @feygbe, pls i need to send u a pm but i have no idea how to go about it, help!!!
Feygbe:
Guys, PPR is here! I am so happy! God is sooooo good! grin Here is my timeline

CRS: 413
ITA: 31st May
AOR: 19th August
MEDs: 31st August
ADR: 31st August (FBI PCC)
IP1: 1st September
ADR submitted 17th September
NA2: No NA2
IP2 : 4th Oct
PPR: 27th October
VO: Ottawa

I will share my story in a little while to encourage others.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by PefHouse: 10:21pm On Nov 08, 2017
elfmann:

You mean 5 points is the difference?

@elfman

Its just an illustration, I just want to know if this is possible. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sandysprax(m): 10:30pm On Nov 08, 2017
cochtrane:

If you have a diploma which can be assessed as an additional certificate, your score should be way more than 430.
430 is what you max out on with Bachelors only. Your score should be in the 460 range.

hello
Please just a clarification here. Does it mean that one can get additional points by assessing two degrees?? an M.Sc and a B.Sc for instance. Others please corroborate this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Galaxxy(m): 10:35pm On Nov 08, 2017
sandysprax:

hello
Please just a clarification here. Does it mean that one can get additional points by assessing two degrees?? an M.Sc and a B.Sc for instance. Others please corroborate this.

You dont get additional points. You only get the deserved point for the highest degree that you have which is your MSc. In my opinion, you only have to evaluate the Msc. That should suffices.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 10:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
PefHouse:

@Hamiltondreamer

I might be wrong but from what I understand from A11.2, you can definitely add family members post ITA provided you satisfy the following conditions:

Your CRS doesn't drop below the draw's lowest.

Your POF is sufficient for the added member.

Sorry I can't post the link here as I have been banned severally for doing so (just came out of a ban 30 minutes ago) but you can easily find it online.

Again, this is based on my interpretation of section A11.2 and R4(1)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
PefHouse:

@elfman

Its just an illustration, I just want to know if this is possible. Thanks

It is possible. Why not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.