Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1506215 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2017
perks:

Its not a new rule. It was announced sometime ago.

Oh! My bad.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 08, 2017
dannio:

Hold your breathe and watch out for the next draw it may drop remember the draw before this one what was the score/or how was it?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 4:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
458 is just evil oo. Which way to go now oo. Maxed all scores and at 446. embarassed embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 4:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
smslive2:
Draw made already

For an eligible foreign national to be invited to make an application, they must be ranked among the first 2,000 eligible foreign nationals in the general ranking.
I am not understanding this new rule at all... I hope that 2000/2000th ranking is not cast in stone. If it is, that might (would likely) be a high CRS deciding factor.

God de.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
Kontagious:

I am not understanding this new rule at all... I hope that 2000/2000th ranking is not cast in stone. If it is, that might (would likely) be a high CRS deciding factor.

God de.

It means in this draw only 2000 people were invited and the 2000th person has a score of 458. In order words, If 3000 people were invited instead of 2000, the lowest score might have been something like 430 ish. It's similar to the percentile calculations in statistics.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by perks: 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
Kontagious:

God de.

Am sure its still going to come down. CIC is probably trying to close out for 2017.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by walexlo78: 4:14pm On Nov 08, 2017
Hello All,
Its a semi silent reader updating the house.
PPR early this morning following decision to stop my initial plan to request for GCMS note yesterday.

ITA - April 19 2017
Submission - July 17
AOR- July 17
MP - Few days post AOR
PPR - Nov 8
LVO Alumni

The experience for me is to follow the simple rules of the application process then no LVO can STOP you cos you can defend every aspect of your application. I believe they had a lot to do on my application based on my profile, 3 PCCs for me and spouse cos we lived and worked out there, wife cumulatively stayed in US for about 175days but i did not get FBI PCC, Used mosalasi marriage certificate and wify's name change affidavit-i have always used that, travelled to some African countries for work so frequently that number of times and period spent cannot be determined so I only stated as many as I can and mentioned this in the loe, 2kids American and 1 Canadian sure they may want to know if I don chop medicaid, masters from UK school online, refused US visa once with spouse which we stated and finally itinerant like travel history. Despite all these profile details, no ADR came.

I struggled to write this much cos am not that e-vocal but did this with these details just to allay the fears of our people regarding VOs. The focus should be on tieing all ends of our application and not about how VO will treat.

I thank God and wish us all a happy ending.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2017

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
I envisaged it too that the CRS will increase. Based on my calculation, on the total number of CRS issued since January this year - till date, the maximum quota allocated for EE has been exhausted (based on total monthly selection).

In my opinion, the CRS score between now till the end of the year may be high. Although, there is good chances this score will drop drastically by next year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congratulations semi silent reader chopping ppr

walexlo78:
Hello All,
PPR early this morning following decision to stop my initial plan to request for GCMS note yesterday.

ITA - April 19 2017
Submission - July 17
AOR- July 17
MP - Few days post AOR
PPR - Nov 8
LVO Alumni

The experience for me is to follow the simple rules of the application process then no LVO can STOP you cos you can defend every aspect of your application. I believe they had a lot to do on my application based on my profile, 3 PCCs for me and spouse cos we lived and worked out there, wife cumulatively stayed in US for about 175days but i did not get FBI PCC, Used mosalasi marriage certificate and wify's name change affidavit-i have always used that, travelled to some African countries for work so frequently that number of times and period spent cannot be determined so I only stated as many as I can and mentioned this in the loe, 2kids American and 1 Canadian sure they may want to know if I don chop medicaid, masters from UK school online, refused US visa once with spouse which we stated and finally itinerant like travel history. Despite all these profile details, no ADR came.

I struggled to write this much cos am not that e-vocal but did this with these details just to allay the fears of our people regarding VOs. The focus should be on tieing all ends of our application and not about how VO will treat.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bonnie1: 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2017
Wow. My score is 457. Na wa oh.

smslive2:
Draw made already

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp#mi-pr-express

This one needs reading oooo

IRCC is using a new approach to rank candidates who have the same CRS score and a new format for its Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system. You can go to the invitation rounds page for the date and time of the round, the CRS of the lowest ranked candidate invited and the tie-breaking rule.

Invitations — Rank

For an eligible foreign national to be invited to make an application, they must be ranked among the first 2,000 eligible foreign nationals in the general ranking.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by pampem: 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2017
walexlo78:
Hello All,

ITA - April 19 2017
Submission - July 17
AOR- July 17
MP - Few days post AOR
PPR - Nov 8
LVO Alumni

congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2017
KINGTELLER:
I envisaged it too that the CRS will increase. Based on my calculation, on the total number of CRS issued since January this year - till date, the maximum quota allocated for EE has been exhausted (based on total monthly selection).

In my opinion, the CRS score between now till the end of the year may be high. Although, there is good chances this score will drop drastically by next year.

I think you are right. The ITA for 2017 alone (77773) has surpassed 2016 (34000) and 2015 (31000) combined and we are still in November. I don't know how much they planned on admitting in 2017 but that 2-fold increase is big.

I'll advice everyone yet to submit to really really tidy up their applications as rejection/refusal will be their mode of cutting down the numbers. Just don't give them a reason for refusal. Dang, I'm beginning to sound like @Boss13.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 4:31pm On Nov 08, 2017
sleekysilk:

Wey Cochtrane? Comman ansa o... Plus likely CRS
There could be one today o, who knows

Edit: didn't even know there was one already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by db23: 4:33pm On Nov 08, 2017
walexlo78:
Hello All,

ITA - April 19 2017
Submission - July 17
AOR- July 17
MP - Few days post AOR
PPR - Nov 8
LVO Alumni

Thanks for telling your story, it helps.... and Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Gbengz23: 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2017
Dear nairaland family, please I would like to know the phone number for SYDNEY CIO and is it possible to call from outside canada,.

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
Kontagious:

God de.

What it means is that if there is a tie in the CRS score, the tied candidates will be ranked automatically based on the date they submitted their profile. For example, if the CRS score for a particular draw is 450, not everybody that has a CRS score of 450 will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA). All the candidates with a CRS score of 450 will be ranked and they will be selected based on how long they have been in the pool.

On the other hand, I believe there will likely be back-to-back draws.

Everyone should remain hopeful. The CRS score will definitely go down.

Congratulations to all ITA recipients. wink

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by perks: 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
walexlo78:
Hello All,

ITA - April 19 2017
Submission - July 17
AOR- July 17
MP - Few days post AOR
PPR - Nov 8
LVO Alumni

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codew0rks(m): 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
I guess exploring PNP and getting a job only option now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 4:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
Cochtrane.... Today is November 8th
lol grin grin
cochtrane:

There could be one today o, who knows
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
perks:

Am sure its still going to come down. CIC is probably trying to close out for 2017.

I saw that your just settled your RPRF. Congratulations in advance, I guess.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dchamp19: 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Found this on CanadaVisa and it made me feel better. Because it kind of makes sense. The Average total invitations biweekly has been between 2700-2900.

Hopefully, there will be another draw next week and cut-off will be as we want.

Hoping this makes someone feel better too.

We WILL all get PPR. Don't allow this 45something to deflate your tire. Keep moving and tidying all your documents and loose ends.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by perks: 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
Santino1:

I saw that your just settled your RPRF. Congratulations in advance, I guess.

Thanks. wink grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:12pm On Nov 08, 2017
smslive2:
Cochtrane.... Today is November 8th
lol grin grin
Lol. Yeah I know. Was expecting one today. Didn't know it happened already. But wow! Damn high. Didn't expect such a high cut-off
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eddycross(m): 5:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
Hello All,

Please i need a contact for transcript and verification from University of Ibadan (undergraduate).

Can anybody help?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mstunz: 5:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
Hello everyone, please I would to know if anyone has put a call, to cio Sydney. If yes please kindly help with the phone number.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
mstunz:
Hello everyone, please I would to know if anyone has put a call, to cio Sydney. If yes please kindly help with the phone number.

Thanks.

CIC IRCC: +16139444000

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/32#59773289

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Momentum2017: 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
Please I need help! I reached out to CIC to enquire about my application and got the mail below:

"Dear xxxxx

Please note that your application was approved and a Accra Ready for Visa letter with instructions was sent via email on OCTOBER 13th, 2017. Please check your inbox and spam folder and notify our office if you have not received this letter.

Regards,"

I have currently relocated to another country for work, pease what's the next step?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2017
Momentum2017:
Please I need help! I reached out to CIC to enquire about my application and got the mail below:

"Dear xxxxx

Please note that your application was approved and a Accra Ready for Visa letter with instructions was sent via email on OCTOBER 13th, 2017. Please check your inbox and spam folder and notify our office if you have not received this letter.

Regards,"

I have currently relocated to another country for work, pease what's the next step?
You should check your spam for the mail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hope15: 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2017
walexlo78:
Hello All,

ITA - April 19 2017
Submission - July 17
AOR- July 17
MP - Few days post AOR
PPR - Nov 8
LVO Alumni

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2017
Santino1:

I'll advice everyone yet to submit to really really tidy up their applications as rejection/refusal will be their mode of cutting down the numbers. Just don't give them a reason for refusal. Dang, I'm beginning to sound like @Boss13.
I disagree. They wouldn't use rejection/refusal to reduce numbers. They could simply just increase the CRS score by limiting number of ITA.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 5:29pm On Nov 08, 2017
Next step is as communicated in the mail.
@datechman, maybe you should provide poster with direction on how you contacted CIC when your PPR was hiding.
Congrats though...
Momentum2017:

"Dear xxxxx

Regards,"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.