Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1507992 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
Bambam4you:
Yes exactly. When i went to do the biometrics and I informed them that I was my own processing officer, I was directed to an officer that guided me on the tables to take my file to before biometrics and then afterwards I went for biometrics which took like 3 hours waiting time to do. Tipped the officer with 2k and he called me 5 days after that the passport was ready.

Truth don dey comot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codew0rks(m): 1:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
mine is more of 2171 but i want go for 2282

canadianxmas:
Are you also working as an IT support officer??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
ajiifixing:

You've been ousted @Santino.

Lol.

Yups. Kontagious don cast me. I have a subtracker followership for all Nigerian Applications from 2017 till date. When people update their status, I get notified.

MrsBee:

121 days post eAPR and still on NA2 also. London London...

Na wa oo. It is truly not for the faint-hearted. Good luck to una London people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 09, 2017
jummolami:
Thanks so much Bimpsy99 and others.

ACCA has sent my transcript and certificate. My status for both has changed to "accepted"(all within a week)

Just yesterday my contact from Fedpoly called that the school has received the verification mail after 2 solid months.
My people kindly advise me ooo.
I want to discard the verification from Fedpoly and ask WES to remove poly completely and generate my report. Hope its a good decision.

please advise ur humble sis.

Thank you.

No P.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bambam4you: 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2017
Well. If i didn't tip I wouldn't have know it was ready that soon. I probably would have checked back two weeks after. My colleague went through the same process without tipping and he checked back and picked his passport 2 weeks later.

You would not believe it is actually pretty straightforward until you try it. But if you have the extra 17k to play with, you can give immigration officer 35k to process for you.

elfmann:

Truth don dey comot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
Bambam4you:
Well. If i didn't tip I wouldn't have know it was ready that soon. I probably would have checked back two weeks after. My colleague went through the same process without tipping and he checked back and picked his passport 2 weeks later.

You would not believe it is actually pretty straightforward until you try it. But if you have the extra 17k to play with, you can give immigration officer 35k to process for you.

Bros, no vex.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bambam4you: 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
Not vexing and i understand your skepticism. I was also skeptical before i decided to test the system since i was not in urgent need of the passport.

elfmann:

Bros, no vex.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by happytbaby: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hello,

If you do that, I think you will only have one degree (ACCA), the polytechnic certificate will be assessed as an additional certificate if you wait and get it sorted. If you use only the ACCA, then your points will be lower both on Level of Education (112 as against 119) and Skills Transferability Education (25 as against 50 when combined with CLB 9 IELTS scores).

Just do a simulation to see if its worth it.

Best of luck.

jummolami:
Thanks so much Bimpsy99 and others.

ACCA has sent my transcript and certificate. My status for both has changed to "accepted"(all within a week)

Just yesterday my contact from Fedpoly called that the school has received the verification mail after 2 solid months.
My people kindly advise me ooo.
I want to discard the verification from Fedpoly and ask WES to remove poly completely and generate my report. Hope its a good decision.

please advise ur humble sis.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
jummolami:
Hi,

My hubbys verification is taking forever in LASU. He paid 10k like 2 weeks ago. Nothing has happened. we were able to speak with someone in exam and records and she said its the certificate dept. that is yet to verify his certificate. Do u understand the online system of verification. someone mentioned that/any contact in LASU.

I just want to be free from WES and Nigerian university wahala.
Sorry to hear about this delay. I don’t know that much about LASU’s online verification except the little I was told during my visit. From my understanding, once you make that 10k payment and satisfied all rituals – convert bank teller to receipt then take the receipt to exams and records, the verification should be swift.

When I went to deliver the receipt, I saw my wife’s documents (certificate faxed to WES, WES verification request and transcript I suppose) all printed, the receipt was attached to the documents right there in my presence and lady confirmed they would send the verification not later than 3 days which they did.

I didn’t hear anything as though certificate to be verified first before responding to WES verification. You may wish to have someone do a physical follow-up if you’re not chanced.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jummolami: 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
My BSC has been verified already.

happytbaby:
Hello,

If you do that, I think you will only have one degree (ACCA), the polytechnic certificate will be assessed as an additional certificate if you wait and get it sorted. If you use only the ACCA, then your points will be lower both on Level of Education (112 as against 119) and Skills Transferability Education (25 as against 50 when combined with CLB 9 IELTS scores).

Just do a simulation to see if its worth it.

Best of luck.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by immanuella3: 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
I previously mentioned that I plan to apply in the early months of 2019. If I begin sending parts of the total amount of POF to the account I want to use for my POF and make sure it is complete before I begin my application process, will that raise any flags when I begin my application? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
immanuella3:
I previously mentioned that I plan to apply in the early months of 2019. If I begin sending parts of the total amount of POF to the account I want to use for my POF and make sure it is complete before I begin my application process, will that raise any flags when I begin my application? Thank you
No need.. Nigeria go don good by that time.
Cc Lai Mohammed
APC
APC members
Buhari

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Gadgetshop: 2:52pm On Nov 09, 2017
Gadgetshop:
Dear All,
I need your candid advice on a particular issue. I completed my express entry profile and answered that I had done ECA for my spouse when actually the ECA was still in progress, and received an ITA at the last CRS draw. The ECA has finally being completed and there has been no drop in my CRS score.
Do I reject the ITA or can I modify this in the application.I honestly did it with the plan to modify it as soon as I receive the ECA, I had no idea that I would receive ITA that soon.

My Canny hopefuls, please dont ignore me. Kindly advice your brother.
Abeg.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
Gadgetshop:

Abeg.
Which ECA date did u use then? U better reject that ITA, IRCC sympathizes with those who wait for them to create their profiles? I don't think they won't frown at folks claiming what they don't have pre and post ITA. You can gamble still. If u like oh!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by happytbaby: 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2017
Good then! forget the Poly

jummolami:
My BSC has been verified already.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hi Gadgetshop, I am sure when you filled the profile, you must have put a fictitious certificate number and date because I know it is required when filling pre -ITA. Now that it is out, you will have to change it, why take such a risk? It might not mean anything but what is the rush when your score is already high and will not drop?

My advise - reject it and wait for another round of invitations. If there is no difference in the score, you are sure to get an invite again.

Play safe my Brother.

Gadgetshop:

Abeg.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2017
elfmann:

No need.. Nigeria go don good by that time.
Cc Lai Mohammed
APC
APC members
Buhari

Buhahahahaahaha i just had to laff
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Gadgetshop: 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
Yewwygraceful:
Hi Gadgetshop, I am sure when you filled the profile, you must have put a fictitious certificate number and date because I know it is required when filling pre -ITA. Now that it is out, you will have to change it, why take such a risk? It might not mean anything but what is the rush when your score is already high and will not drop?

My advise - reject it and wait for another round of invitations. If there is no difference in the score, you are sure to get an invite again.

Play safe my Brother.

God bless bro. Thanks for your response.
I will do just that!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Gadgetshop: 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2017
elfmann:

Which ECA date did u use then? U better reject that ITA, IRCC sympathizes with those who wait for them to create their profiles? I don't think they won't frown at folks claiming what they don't have pre and post ITA. You can gamble still. If u like oh!
Thanks for your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Faskey: 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
You'll need to show proof of the information you gave us in your Express Entry profile. We may refuse your application if the information in your profile is different from what you submit.

If we find that you misrepresented yourself (gave us false information or left out important details), we could:

refuse your application
find you inadmissible
bar you for five years from applying to come to Canada for any reason

The statement above is provided on the CIC website. It is important to maintain what was filled in the express entry profile especially information regarding ECA because they asked for the date ECA was completed during profile creation.

As others have said, I will also advice that you decline this ITA now, with your high score, you should surely get another ITA in the next draw.

Start focusing on preparing your documents and POF if you haven't started.

Wish you the best.

Gadgetshop:

Abeg.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Gadgetshop: 3:38pm On Nov 09, 2017
Faskey:
You'll need to show proof of the information you gave us in your Express Entry profile. We may refuse your application if the information in your profile is different from what you submit.

If we find that you misrepresented yourself (gave us false information or left out important details), we could:

refuse your application
find you inadmissible
bar you for five years from applying to come to Canada for any reason

The statement above is provided on the CIC website. It is important to maintain what was filled in the express entry profile especially information regarding ECA because they asked for the date ECA was completed during profile creation.

As others have said, I will also advice that you decline this ITA now, with your high score, you should surely get another ITA in the next draw.

Start focusing on preparing your documents and POF if you haven't started.

Wish you the best.

Thank you my brother. Devil wan make I use my hand spoil things for myself! God no go gree!
Thanks all I appreciate you all! God bless us all!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by immanuella3: 3:38pm On Nov 09, 2017
immanuella3:

Serious answer this time please it’s important thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Faskey: 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
aduredee:
Hi everyone,

kindly advise on the best course of action.... i already created my express entry profile using my 2years experience after my Msc (2013-2015) however after seeing yesterday's saga i'm thinking of including my nysc work experience(2010-2011) so as to improve my scores, its the same Noc and also with the same company where i had my post msc work experience.

my questions are:
1. can i include my nysc experience now despite the two year gap (the two year gap is the reason why i never included it in cic forms)
You can include it. Regardless of gap, IRCC requires at least one year experience in the past 10 years, and since the NYSC was in 2010, its still valid. In fact, you ought to have included it in the first place.
2. how do i go about it? kindly note that wasn't my ppa but i was able to work there for a whole year (dec 2010 to dec 2011)
You will only need to edit your express entry profile, straightforward to do.

Dear elders in the house, please help a young woman. Ejowo ooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TEECANN: 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
olajide21:

If you could send your email to me (PM if you want) i would send a copy to you. If can pre fill it and give it to them at Alagbon.

OK thanks.

You can mail the Police fingerprint form to me at kayjyde2016[at]gmail[dot]com

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
Ykjgirls:

They charged for ond and hnd.....12,500 each i think but we collected in the hard copy and sent it ourselves thru dhl..dats 16k cos dey actually pile it up and send everyting at their end of the month thru nipost.....

I sent you a PM, please I would like to have the contact of the person who helped you process your transcript from Yabatech. I want to process my own transcript too, someone I gave the task, is calling outrageous amount (35k for transcript processing without the dispatch) even when I want to send it by myself.

Please I need your urgent assistance.

Cc: ykjgirls Please help , I sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Faskey: 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hmm, if I may ask, why waiting all the way till 2019 before you start? Waiting to complete 1 year job experience or finish Bachelors degree? If either of the above doesn't apply, then I wonder why you want to wait ooo.

If its just because of POF, I'm not sure you should wait that long.

I have come to realize one thing in life, get what you need to get as soon as now, tomorrow might be late. Who knows, CIC might have made changes that might not be favorable any longer.

An example is the tie-back change that was made against yesterday draw, now, not all candidates that have equal minimum cut-off will get ITA unlike the previous scenario. This means that, if two candidates have 458 (latest crs cut-off) and there is need to drop one of them due to maximum number of possible invitation being reached, the candidate that fills his/her profile later would be dropped.

So my brother/sister, abeg, weigh your options and start ASAP.

immanuella3:

Serious answer this time please it’s important thanks in advance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codew0rks(m): 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
Pls Gibson, I sent you e.m.a.i.l few mins ago. P1s r3ply

ItsYourFriend:
Oh dear so you graduated from Uniport! Not I, but my spouse recently completed her Masters there. Its been a daunting task to conclude her ECA with WES. Please Hephgirl, how did you go about the verification process with Uniport, and how long did it take them to verify your transcript with WES? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by billy: 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2017
@Jummolami,

LASU responds to verification request from WES via email. Maybe a small tip to someone at the exams and records will help fast track the confirmation from his dept...but ordinarily it's unnecessary. After the N10k payment teller has been changed to receipt @ Admin Block and its taken to exams and records, max a day after this, your WES profile should change to Accepted.

Keep following up....

jummolami:
Hi,

My hubbys verification is taking forever in LASU. He paid 10k like 2 weeks ago. Nothing has happened. we were able to speak with someone in exam and records and she said its the certificate dept. that is yet to verify his certificate. Do u understand the online system of verification. someone mentioned that/any contact in LASU.

I just want to be free from WES and Nigerian university wahala.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by immanuella3: 4:13pm On Nov 09, 2017
Faskey:
Hmm, if I may ask, why waiting all the way till 2019 before you start? Waiting to complete 1 year job experience or finish Bachelors degree? If either of the above doesn't apply, then I wonder why you want to wait ooo.

If its just because of POF, I'm not sure you should wait that long.

I have come to realize one thing in life, get what you need to get as soon as now, tomorrow might be late. Who knows, CIC might have made changes that might not be favorable any longer.

An example is the tie-back change that was made against yesterday draw, now, not all candidates that have equal minimum cut-off will get ITA unlike the previous scenario. This means that, if two candidates have 458 (latest crs cut-off) and there is need to drop one of them due to maximum number of possible invitation being reached, the candidate that fills his/her profile later would be dropped.

So my brother/sister, abeg, weigh your options and start ASAP.

Yes I am waiting because I want to get a Year of work experience. I just graduated from university. So do you think it’ll raise any flags if I send the money to my account for POF continuously from now while I’m getting my one year work experience and apply in 2019?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2017
elfmann:

It weakened muah.. U don submit?

mehn for my timeline I must put POF in my itinerary. walahi the hustle for POF be like hustle for another ITA. i never even do medicals and pcc, na today my POF just complete!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Faskey: 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2017
Okay, I see.

No, it won't, they will only require a letter in CIC format stating average balance for past six month at the time you are submitting. At worst, if you can't get the letter from you bank in required format, you print your six month balance as at when submitting post ITA which won't even show your activities between now and 2019.

immanuella3:

Yes I am waiting because I want to get a Year of work experience. I just graduated from university. So do you think it’ll raise any flags if I send the money to my account for POF continuously from now while I’m getting my one year work experience and apply in 2019?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by immanuella3: 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
Faskey:
Okay, I see.

No, it won't, they will only require a letter in CIC format stating average balance for past six month at the time you are submitting. At worst, if you can't get the letter from you bank in required format, you print your six month balance as at when submitting post ITA which won't even show your activities between now and 2019.

Got you! Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.