Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1507554 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
teebaeby:
PPR Mail just arrived! Thank you to the active members of this forum. Canny Christmas loading!
Timeline below:

AOR AUGUST 1
MEDS August 14th
NA2 August 23rd
PPR August 25th

Wow! My August people! Congratulations! 25 days!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
My sister NA2 o. File is at CIO Sydney. God is in control. July 20th AOR.

May God in His mercies deliver us from CIO Sydney In Jesus mighty name Amen. embarassed

Justiyke4u:
This is soul lifting. Thanks my learned colleague. We shall all make it. Which stage are you now with your application

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
I will advise you to get another one.
Even though naija PCC is valid for 1year but 3months is written on it. So I would not advise anyone to submit an outdated PCC as of submission date, a lot of things in the application are subject to VO's discretion.

If I were you, I will get another PCC, if it will expire, biko let it expire while with IRCC not while with me.
KweenCee:
Please my people, can I use Nigerian PCC of five months old for my application?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2017
elfmann:

3monhs is written on but in reality, for immigration purposes, it is valid for 12months.

Type in PCC US immigration.. Canada being d 51st state won't be different.

Please there's no need to take such risks when all it will cost you is time and money. Please go by what is written on the PCC which is 3 months. IRCC is not smiling nowadays and you don't want your application refused for something you could have done better .
All the best in what ever you decide.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Onlineise(m): 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2017
teebaeby:
PPR Mail just arrived! Thank you to the active members of this forum. Canny Christmas loading!
Timeline below:

AOR AUGUST 1
MEDS August 14th
NA2 August 23rd
PPR August 25th

Congratulations @teebaeby that was some speed....be like some of us will call back our app say we no do again and reapply lowkey to another LVO hopefully grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ewa2014: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
teebaeby:
Timeline below:

AOR AUGUST 1
MEDS August 14th
NA2 August 23rd
PPR August 25th

Wow
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teebaeby(f): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
Sincerely, I don't know the Visa Office...I was told to wait till IP2 before sending a mail to confirm VO only to wake up this morning to the email.
Yewwygraceful:
Teebaeby you must be the August AOR Nigerian someone just spoke about. Congratulations o, big congratulations. God is great o.

Let me guess, Ottawa was your Visa Office? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Justiyke4u: 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2017
Yewwygraceful:
My sister NA2 o. File is at CIO Sydney. God is in control. July 20th AOR.

May God in His mercies deliver us from CIO Sydney In Jesus mighty name Amen. embarassed

lol brother actually cheesy God will see you through
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
nkigirl:
Good morning all.
I think there is one particular question that has not been clarified fully. For travel history, I know that you are supposed to upload data page and stamped pages for your current travel document.
What I want to know is:
1)For your past passports, are you also supposed to include them as part of travel history? As in upload the stamped pages and data pages too. For all the trips you have done within the last 10 years?
2) For the countries with less than 6 months stay over the last 10 years, are you also supposed to show the stamped passages or only for the ones for over 6 months
3) Are you also supposed to scan your visa pages? For the current and old passports?

1. Only your valid passport are required to be uploaded. See IRCC's tweet below

2. Scan all the markings on your current passport e.g. visa stamps, etc

3. Refer to no. 2

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
Wake up to the golden mail. Wow, enjoy your weekend celebrating and as we say in Yoruba eku palemo grin

teebaeby:
Sincerely, I don't know the Visa Office...I was told to wait till IP2 before sending a mail to confirm VO only to wake up this morning to the email.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
Sorry my bad.

Amen and all the best in whatever stage you are now.

Justiyke4u:
lol brother actually cheesy God will see you through
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teebaeby(f): 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
Thank you and Ire a kari gbogbo wa!
Yewwygraceful:
Wake up to the golden mail. Wow, enjoy your weekend celebrating and as we say in Yoruba eku palemo grin

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teebaeby(f): 1:10pm On Aug 26, 2017
Sent you an email
dombosco:
wowowwwowowowwww

thats less than a month. congrats to you. would like to talk to you. how can i?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2017
teebaeby:
Timeline below:

AOR AUGUST 1
MEDS August 14th
NA2 August 23rd
PPR August 25th

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2017
ewa2014:
Hello house,

I am worried.. submitted e-aPR already but the following be giving me concerns:

1. The address used for Reference Letters from Employers and Banks is IRCC Calgary address which I got on Google... going through this thread I realize it's the wrong address. Does this affect my application in any way NEXT TIME COME HERE FIRST tongue BUT I THINK U SHOULD BE FINE

2. The Bulk of our POF was mainly my accompanying spouse's Treasury Bills and SOA.... I also added mine but Spouse was way more than mine. We added a Notarized Declaration where it was stated that all the funds were for the purpose of immigrating to Canada and available and assessable by Principal Applicant... Is this acceptable VERY ACCEPTABLE

3. Also, pls how do I know which office is processing my application BY SENDING A MAIL

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ewa2014: 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
[quote author=MummyJaygirls post=59843248][/quote]

LoL... I don't know why I dint come here o. Lol.. pls can you explain the part where you said"by sending a mail...". You mean when they send me a mail, I'll be able to tell which VO...

Attn: MummyJaygirls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
teebaeby:
Timeline below:

AOR AUGUST 1
MEDS August 14th
NA2 August 23rd
PPR August 25th
Congrats. Admirable timeline.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
40manlappy:

1. Only your valid passport are required to be uploaded. See IRCC's tweet below

2. Scan all the markings on your current passport e.g. visa stamps, etc

3. Refer to no. 2
Curiously enough, this doesn't actually say you shouldn't upload scans of visas/stamps from older passports. You can as well interpret this to meet you only need to upload datapage from only current passport, but still upload stamps/visas from older passport.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
KweenCee:
Please my people, can I use Nigerian PCC of five months old for my application?
I agree with bbaby84. Don't leave yourself at the mercy of the VO who can easily interpret the PCC as expired. It'll cost only a token to replace it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
dombosco:
Good morning good people!

Started from the beginning of the thread and am here now. Need to clarify some questions which goes this;

1. I have OND in accounting from Offa polytechnic and a bsc in HRM from Unilag. Can I send the transcripts for the two degrees to WES for evaluation My fear is going to be the response speed from Offa polytechnic tho.

I don't know what ICES evaluates OND as, but I know WES evaluates it as a 2-year diploma. With your BSc, that's gonna provide you additional points for education. If you could follow up with someone at Offa Polytechnic so they respond timely to WES, you may be able to get your evaluation early.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 1:52pm On Aug 26, 2017
teebaeby:
Timeline below:

AOR AUGUST 1
MEDS August 14th
NA2 August 23rd
PPR August 25th

Wao! Congrats babe. It shall be a merry white Christmas for us all

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 1:58pm On Aug 26, 2017
teebaeby:
Timeline below:

AOR AUGUST 1
MEDS August 14th
NA2 August 23rd
PPR August 25th
[quote author=dtush post=59826862][/quote]

This is an amazing timeline. Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teebaeby(f): 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
Thank you. You've helped more people than you know.Can you please advise on a photo studio in Lagos?
cochtrane:

Congrats. Admirable timeline.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
thanks alot
cochtrane:

I don't know what ICES evaluates OND as, but I know WES evaluates it as a 2-year diploma. With your BSc, that's gonna provide you additional points for education. If you could follow up with someone at Offa Polytechnic so they respond timely to WES, you may be able to get your evaluation early.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
teebaeby:
Timeline below:

AOR AUGUST 1
MEDS August 14th
NA2 August 23rd
PPR August 25th

Hearty Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teebaeby(f): 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
Amen! Thank you.
sleekysilk:

Wao! Congrats babe. It shall be a merry white Christmas for us all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
Justiyke4u:
Hello house, I have been reading and following this thread for months now and just begun the process of my certificate with IQAS as I heard they are better with LLB degrees. I began to do some little research of life of an LLB holder in canada and seems to be overwhelmed with fear. From NCA process to articling which the opinions haven't been encouraging and my fears are telling me to give up already. The motivation seems to be going down. And I keep asking myself if there is anything one can do with the LLB while going through the other processes like NCA + Articling knowing that these process might take a little time. Please is there anyone in the house with a little word of advice/encouragement. This house has been so helpful. Thanks to everyone. Please I did not mean to bother you all with my personal issues. Please your input/suggestion might be my motivation. Thanks.

I don't know if this is applicable but a family member who relocated a while back said that the procedure in Alberta is less cumbersome. She's in Ontario and says after wasting so much time and money. She has branch to something else though. My point is look at the process in Alberta

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
cochtrane:

Curiously enough, this doesn't actually say you shouldn't upload scans of visas/stamps from older passports. You can as well interpret this to meet you only need to upload datapage from only current passport, but still upload stamps/visas from older passport.

Take note that the question said "passports that bear former names and visa/stampings..."

The answer includes "...you don't need to provide previous versions".

I haven't read that anyone was penalised for uploading previous passports. In the end, everyone should do what makes them sleep well at night smiley

NB: If you decide to upload former passports, ensure that the current one appears first (especially if they have been merged a single file) so that an impatient IRCC agent would not think you have provided expired passports.

Someone's application was cancelled/rejected because the agent missed the current one and had to raise CSE/get another ITA. Can't remember if it was here or the CV Forum.

Looping: nkigirl

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
teebaeby:
Thank you. You've helped more people than you know.Can you please advise on a photo studio in Lagos?
Studio 24 on Allen avenue is really good. You'd need 1500 naira for the hard copies, 4 in number.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
40manlappy:

Take note that the question said "passports that bear former names and visa/stampings..."

The answer includes "...you don't need to provide previous versions".

I haven't read that anyone was penalised for uploading previous passports. In the end, everyone should do what makes him sleep well at night smiley

I have actually not said that you are wrong. And of course I'm not saying people get penalized for previous passports. I was only noting that IRCC's response didn't explicitly say not to upload stamped pages. It could have meant not to upload previous datapages, you know? Anyways, I'm of the rule that if more information won't hurt, there's no harm providing it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by nkigirl: 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
cochtrane:

Hah! Different opinions from different people, and it's so confusing. Even the tweet isn't clear with reference to my situation. I need to know so I don't do the wrong thing.
The current passport is very new and doesn't have any stamps or markings or visas. All the visas, stamps and markings are on 2 older and expired passports.
We will of course include all info in the travel history and provide all PCC as required.
But, based on the tweet and experiences of other people, did anyone only upload the current passport even if it did not contain all the info you put in your travel history
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
elfmann:

3monhs is written on but in reality, for immigration purposes, it is valid for 12months.

Type in PCC US immigration.. Canada being d 51st state won't be different.

No one wants to b a scape goat. I don't want reality. I want what's written.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.