Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,698 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1506407 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
damidamsel:
Attention please........
The much awaited.....

PPR is here!!!!
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Macy4real200: 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hello guys, please your advise is needed. IQAS or WES which is better for MBA(NOUN) evaluation. Can I pay with my debit card for either of them. Pls help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
thoneey:
Attention......Attention!!!!!!!
I have been a silent reader and i must tell you this thread has been so helpful....it definitely helped me kill time and the anxiety.
But in other news PPR mail is here grin grin grin
Congratulations babe!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by blessings2017(m): 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
ken2sure:
I do not know my visa office yet. Just chilling for further updates.
@ken2sure , kindly check if status of Additional Documents has changed to " We do not need any documents" . I know someone in similar situation. She received that letter 3days ago and review of documents changed to " we do not need any documents" . AOR in Oct 7 .

If yours changes to that, then you're nearer to IP2 and PPR shortly after, in a matter of 2-4weeks according to commenters on canadavisa ( depending on the VO though) .

All the best bro..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 8:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
Bsbabe:

A letter of authority is a letter which authorises another individual to pick the EOR/TRF on his behalf. It could be something like -

Dear Sir,

Letter of Authority to Pick up Test Report Form

Further to your email/letter/text dated Bleep, requesting me to pick up my EOR results, I hereby authorize Mr/Ms xxxxx to pick this up on my behalf. He/She will be identified by his/her xxxxx identity card. Kindly note that he/she is also authorized to pick up my TRF.

Thanks & regards,

XXXXXXXX (Passpor No. xxxxx)

Your brother should not forget to attach a copy of his passport biodata page. When he collects the EOR result, he will know whether his result was upgraded. Hope this helps.

In addition to the above, let your friend/bro go with a copy of your own passport data page and attach it to the authority letter. Let him open the EOR envelope right there in their office to see if there is an upgrade and whether the forms for claiming a refund are also contained. If not provided, he should request for them if needed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
MrsBee:

Congratulations my fellow Londoner. Finally moved to IP2 today after 120 days on NA2. God be praised. I got a very comprehensive ADR on the 20th.
I guess PPR mail is knocking on your door already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by omesanni: 9:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
Has anybody here had a similar timeline like mine?
IP1 -> IP2 -> NA3 -> IP3

Am june 10 AOR, FSW. No ppr yet even though people with my AOR have been getting ppr from LVO. Really don't know what's going on
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bestdiddy: 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
Please, whats the meaning of ADR people keep quoting here. smiles

MrsBee:

Congratulations my fellow Londoner. Finally moved to IP2 today after 120 days on NA2. God be praised. I got a very comprehensive ADR on the 20th.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2017
bestdiddy:
Please, whats the meaning of ADR people keep quoting here. smiles

ADR - Additional Document Request smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
jyteman:
evening house pls i Have an interview in canada on monday don't know how to respond as am currently in 9ja any help on how to respond to this mail
hi ****

I would like to invite you for an interview for our maintenance technician position that we have available.

Date: Monday, November 27, 2017 at 12:00pm

When you arrive please ask for #### or ####.

Vince will bring you upstairs to complete your hands-on mechanical assessment. Once that is complete, we may be able to have you complete an in person interview with one of our hiring managers/HR immediately following.

If you can reply back to this e-mail confirming your availability for the interview above that would be great.

If you require any accommodations during the interview process please let me know.

Still in the pool expecting ita

Thank you,

Reply them and lay bare the details. Tell them you are currently in Nigeria and will be unable to attend the interview. Make them know that you do not have PPR yet, but that you expect you'll get it soonest. Then request to have your interview via skype, if that would be possible. Of course, you won't be able to do the hands-on assessment via skype, but you never know what they could work out.

If you can afford to fly to Canada (and you have a visa), then you could give that a try as well.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bontia(m): 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
Na woman she be no be man o!
sleekysilk:

Congratulations guy!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
Macy4real200:
Hello guys, please your advise is needed. IQAS or WES which is better for MBA(NOUN) evaluation. Can I pay with my debit card for either of them. Pls help
Yes, you can pay with your debit card.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by taif(f): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
Pls how do I evaluate my result.whc body will I use.I did educational management and my husband did mass communication in OND only.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dannyko: 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2017
taif:
pls if my cr is 517 is there any hope for me.
taif:
Pls how do I evaluate my result.whc body will I use.I did educational management and my husband did mass communication in OND only.
Are u sure your CRS is 517? If it is lucky you! grin

WES is usually faster for ECA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dannyko: 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
taif:
pls if my cr is 517 is there any hope for me.
taif:
Are u sure your CRS is 517 shocked shocked shocked? If it is lucky you! grin

WES is usually faster for ECA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by taif(f): 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
no,it not.I made a mistake in d process. pls how do I go about it if I want to evaluate with wes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AlexanderGreat(m): 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I really appreciate. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
Bontia:
Na woman she be no be man o!
Oh! My bad. Congratulations babe!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jurisdy17: 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2017
Good evening all

Pls which evaluation body can someone use to verify masters degree in veterinary public health?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2017
[quote author=omesanni post=62655919]Has anybody here had a similar timeline like mine?
IP1 -> IP2 -> NA3 -> IP3

Am june 10 AOR, FSW. No ppr yet even though people with my AOR have been getting ppr from LVO. Really don't know what's going on[/quote

IP3 changes to PPR within 48hours
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by blessings2017(m): 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
nkigirl:
Hello all.
Please for the ita application form, the statutory questions part...
If you had a visa refusal in the past, do you answer yes to both questions?
We answered yes to only one..the lower one. Now we are wondering if we should say yes to both.

I'll use my case as an example. I applied for Canadian study permit some years back but was denied. So i answered thus below,

1. Has X been refused refugee status or an immigrant or permanent residence visa (including a certificate de selection du Quebec or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary residence visa, to Canada or any other Country ? NO

2. has X been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country ? YES

Note the operative word for me is PERMIT, hence my NO in No.1 . In conclusion, if your case fits the both scenarios, then it's a YES.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by twaintoy(f): 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2017
Algbenguze:

In addition to the above, let your friend/bro go with a copy of your own passport data page and attach it to the authority letter. Let him open the EOR envelope right there in their office to see if there is an upgrade and whether the forms for claiming a refund are also contained. If not provided, he should request for them if needed.
Got it, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Medal007: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
Evening peeps
After reading through the thread. I realised that canny is achievable. I am 28 years old woman married with a little boy, my hubby is 32. I have my MSc in science education while my hubby holds a BSc in life Science plus a PGDE we are both working with the Federal Civil service with over 3yrs work experience and a perfect NOC the matches our current work titles. After using the crs calc using myself as the primary applicant and assuming a score of 8777 for the both of us from Isles and picking for my hubby's educational qualification as having two degrees on the calc without a family in canny our score on the calc is 471.
Now to my question
1. How real is the score from the crs tool compare to the EE score?
2. Hope my picking two degrees for my hubby is correct assuming we both verify our results?
3. Can I proceed to create a profile?
NB no liquid cash for POF but there are some properties we can liquidate.
Please kindly assist a sis
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
Medal007:
Evening peeps
After reading through the thread. I realised that canny is achievable. I am 28 years old woman married with a little boy, my hubby is 32. I have my MSc in science education while my hubby holds a BSc in life Science plus a PGDE we are both working with the Federal Civil service with over 3yrs work experience and a perfect NOC the matches our current work titles. After using the crs calc using myself as the primary applicant and assuming a score of 8777 for the both of us from Isles and picking for my hubby's educational qualification as having two degrees on the calc without a family in canny our score on the calc is 471.
Now to my question
1. How real is the score from the crs tool compare to the EE score?
2. Hope my picking two degrees for my hubby is correct assuming we both verify our results?
3. Can I proceed to create a profile?
NB no liquid cash for POF but there are some properties we can liquidate.
Please kindly assist a sis

1. The crs tool is almost as the same score when you create your ee profile (provided all variables remain as is and entered correctly)
2. Yes but your husband will have to verify both pgde and bsc together.
3. Yes. Ideally the funds should be readily available over six months but you can have them anytime before u finally apply. In your property case, you may have convert it to funds (bonds, bills, cash in bank) or show a process of ongoing sale : citation needed before submitting and present docs to show where it came from

471 at the moment is a bit overkill. Me thinks you should get your eca and ielts first. Provided you score at least 8777 in LSWR, your scores should be 442 which should guarantee ita using the current trends.

Money potentially saved: hubbys $233 cad (eca fee) + 68k(ielts fee) + transcript fee 1& 2 (if in different schools) + miscellanous

grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Delerichard(m): 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
very urgent pls,I'm a nurse with RN certificate 2014 and RPN 2017,I started working same yr and stopped late last yr for my RPN.I want to know If I can use my work experience between 2014 to 2016 as my experience.while my RPN qualifies me to apply for one of the NOC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 11:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
Delerichard:
very urgent pls,I'm a nurse with RN certificate 2014 and RPN 2017,I started working same yr and stopped late last yr for my RPN.I want to know If I can use my work experience between 2014 to 2016 as my experience.while my RPN qualifies me to apply for one of the NOC.

Yes you can. Just make sure your job functions fall into skill set O, A or B
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bulalakoboko(m): 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
Which body in Kenny evaluates Biochemistry degree? Please, I need a response.
I have been a forklift operator since I graduated, I don't know how to apply because I do not practice as a biochemist and don't even have any littered experience. All of what I can do is to operate heavy machine. I am licensed in Nigeria and I am certificated. Please my brothers and sisters, how do I start the journey to my dreamland, canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 11:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
bulalakoboko:
Which body in Kenny evaluates Biochemistry degree? Please, I need a response.
I have been a forklift operator since I graduated, I don't know how to apply because I do not practice as a biochemist and don't even have any littered experience. All of what I can do is to operate heavy machine. I am licensed in Nigeria and I am certificated. Please my brothers and sisters, how do I start the journey to my dreamland, canada?
You can evaluate your degree with WES. For Canada, your degree does not have be related to your work experience.

And as an aside, your experience as a heavy machine operator should be of immense benefit to you in Canada.

To start, read up on page 0 and 1 on the things you have to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by damidamsel: 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
cochtrane:

Congrats Alexandergreat & damidamsel. Nice!

@Damidamsel, could you confirm if you've got at least one work experience in the required NOC of one year or more?

I think it's pretty clear that one can combine NOCs towards express entry. What I'm not certain about is if one can combine different NOCs towards FSW.

Yes@cochtrane, i had a job with one year experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nazor83: 11:27pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hello Gurus,

Please I have a PGD in Education which I did at National teachers Institute in affiliation with Usman Danfodio University. The certificate was issued by Usman Danfodio University but NTI will issue the transcript to me stating that it is in affiliation with the university. Please does anybody know if WES evaluates such certificate and transcript?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by holameyde: 11:33pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hello evri1,

Please is there a pause on Ontario's NOI?.....i would like to apply for PNP...

Thanks in advance...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by damidamsel: 12:18am On Nov 24, 2017
Thank you everyone for the congratulatory messages. Ire a kari ooo....

So i am back to tell my story after thanking God in church grin

Sorry it's gonna be a long read.......

Began journey in 2014....sent in package late from US and it arrived Canada last day of FSW in December so it was returned untouched .
Put in application in 2015 but got no ITA till it expired a year later.
Like play like play, my friend and i decided to give it a try again and got serious with it.
Had to retake IELTS in Jan 2017 as the previous one had expired. Had a CLB 9
ITA sometime in March but FBI PCC no gree me submit till May 21
Application went thus....
- Used old reference letters from 2014 in addition to one i got for my last job that ended in 2015
- Current work is a self-employed job so I included intro letter with company letterhead, invoices for jobs done, letter from client attesting to work done, tax receipt and clearance, TIN number, company's 6 months bank statement and bank letter
- Hubby transferred 100% of the POF to my personal account and did a deed of gift. I included the 6months statement and letter from bank (No statement from hubby)
- My husband had had more than one US visa refusal and we both have 2 UK refusals among others but i stated only one each out of ignorance and did not fill Schedule A but included copies of refusal letters i could find and didn't bother about the ones i could not find
- I uploaded 2 of my reference letters in the wrong placeholder
- I forgot to include letters of non- indebtedness from banks
Amongst others...

Med passed on June 29 and application Document review changed to "We do not need Additional Documents"
IP1 on June 30

Requested first gcms note one month after AOR where i saw on the notes that REVIEW REQUIRED based on statutory questions answered....this was where i realized that the canada visa refusal i stated for hubby was not his first and thus his file showed he had once applied before that
- I raised a CSE to state that i had forgotten about the first application
- I later raised another CSE to upload letters of non-indebtedness and to state corrections about letters uploaded in the wrong placeholder
- I raised another CSE explaining that I did not know I had to state all visa refusals even if they were from the same country. I then listed them out one after the other

I requested another gcms note a month later where i saw the note stating that i had mixed up my IELTS scores
- I quickly recalculated my CRS score using the correct mix and saw that I still had the same CRS score
- I raised a CSE stating the error, correcting it and resubmitted a copy of my IELTS result

File was transferred to LVO on Aug 15
Requested another gcms note in October only to find out my file was never touched since FTD
Emailed LVO on Nov 15 and was told my application was awaiting review

Emailed again on Nov 20 that my application was 6months (though less 1 day). Got response that it was in process
Emailed again on 22nd and CC'd Ottawa.
Emailed Ottawa on 23rd and checked my CIC account one hour later only to see i had moved to IP2 after 5months ( Skipped NA)
GOT PPR ONE HOUR LATER

In all, no single ADR....

Baba God did it!!!

Please can one stopover in USA before heading to Canada?

42 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.