Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511693 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 8:07am On Nov 30, 2017
No draw.... cry cry cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Chijudy: 8:14am On Nov 30, 2017
cochtrane:

Good observation. I must remark, though, that one thing I found very early is that a lot of people have created additional requirements not originally demanded by CIC. I think this 6-month statement thing is one of these. The POF requirements wants "date each account is opened", "the current balance of each account", and "the average balance for the past six months". If a financial institution provides all of these, nowhere does "a lump sum" become apparent. The current balance will state what's in the account presently, while the average balance for the past six month is an average of the current month & the previous five months. The lump sum is simply not visible.

The stanbic MMF letter I collected (which is one of what I presented) did not make anything evident, lump sum or not, though I opened the it sometime last year and have frequently topped up. From what was stated in the letter, I might as well have deposited some money yesterday and it wouldn't be obvious.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying guys shouldn't explain "lump sums". In fact, I think explaining is a good thing. But while it may be a good thing, I feel it goes beyond what CIC requires. In the end, everyone's risk appetite is different and most are more likely to do what others did, if only it makes them feel a bit safer. I think that's what's been going on.

Also note that after submitting POF, the applicant is not immediately off the hook. CIC can always come back to request more POF documentation and a perceptive VO can satisfactorily establish if the applicant is trying to game the system.

Good morning Cochtrane, please did your bank address the letter to "CIC" or to "Whom it may Concern"? I am about to request for such letter from my bank. Also my money is tied in Tbills so I intend to request that they also attach my advice notice for each investment. Do you think this will suffice?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tolz451: 8:38am On Nov 30, 2017
Dear Cochtrane,

Thanks for this.

Just a quick question... I believe quite a few people expecting ITA will be getting some bonuses and allowances from their employer at this time of the year which will format part of the POF.

Please do we have to explain these inflows too?

Thanks

cochtrane:

Good observation. I must remark, though, that one thing I found very early is that a lot of people have created additional requirements not originally demanded by CIC. I think this 6-month statement thing is one of these. The POF requirements wants "date each account is opened", "the current balance of each account", and "the average balance for the past six months". If a financial institution provides all of these, nowhere does "a lump sum" become apparent. The current balance will state what's in the account presently, while the average balance for the past six month is an average of the current month & the previous five months. The lump sum is simply not visible.

The stanbic MMF letter I collected (which is one of what I presented) did not make anything evident, lump sum or not, though I opened the it sometime last year and have frequently topped up. From what was stated in the letter, I might as well have deposited some money yesterday and it wouldn't be obvious.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying guys shouldn't explain "lump sums". In fact, I think explaining is a good thing. But while it may be a good thing, I feel it goes beyond what CIC requires. In the end, everyone's risk appetite is different and most are more likely to do what others did, if only it makes them feel a bit safer. I think that's what's been going on.

Also note that after submitting POF, the applicant is not immediately off the hook. CIC can always come back to request more POF documentation and a perceptive VO can satisfactorily establish if the applicant is trying to game the system.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 8:45am On Nov 30, 2017
Chijudy:

Good morning Cochtrane, please did your bank address the letter to "CIC" or to "Whom it may Concern"? I am about to request for such letter from my bank. Also my money is tied in Tbills so I intend to request that they also attach my advice notice for each investment. Do you think this will suffice?

Thank you
Letter was addressed "To Whom It May Concern".
You should be fine with those docs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smileymum: 8:46am On Nov 30, 2017
Good morning my people,

I just got my reference letter from my employer, and it has the address below.

Citizens and Immigrations Canada
Centralized Intake Office.
P.O Box 1450
Sydney, NS B1P 6K5

Is this ok? Cos they said they won't do "To whom it may concern"

Or should it be:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Case Processing Center
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

I have seen the two addresses on this thread. Or should I just insist on getting "To whom it may concern". Is there any particular benefit?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 8:50am On Nov 30, 2017
Tolz451:
Dear Cochtrane,

Thanks for this.

Just a quick question... I believe quite a few people expecting ITA will be getting some bonuses and allowances from their employer at this time of the year which will format part of the POF.

Please do we have to explain these inflows too?

Thanks

You should explain if it makes you feel more at ease with your application. However, I wouldn't think it's necessary. Just my personal opinion. I didn't explain the source of the funds I had in my mutual funds. Just tendered the letters.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 8:51am On Nov 30, 2017
smileymum:
Good morning my people,

I just got my reference letter from my employer, and it has the address below.

Citizens and Immigrations Canada
P.O Box 1450
Sydney, NS B1P 6K5

Is this ok? Cos they said they won't do "To whom it may concern"

Or should it be:

Case Processing Center
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

I have seen the two addresses on this thread. Or should I just insist on getting "To whom it may concern". Is there any particular benefit?
Thanks.

Though it is indeed different, I wouldn't complain about this. Looks good to me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 30, 2017
mzjennypher:

=GlitteringStar I have updated it but this morning I noticed on the first screenshot my middle name is there but not on the second screenshot shld I b worried pls?

Both should change. Maybe you should create a new profile (to avoid you using LOE or "one and same person affidavit" to explain the middle name issue).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 30, 2017
MrsBee:
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, May I have your attention please.

PPR has landed. London VO has finally released me. Glory be to God.

Congratulations! smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2017
Congrats MrsBee

MrsBee:

Timelines below.

IELTS LRWS 8,7.5,7.5,7 = Band 7.5
Spouse LRWS 9,9,7.5,7.5 = Band 8.5
CRS 431
EE May 18
ITA May 31
AOR July 11
Medicals Passed July 23
ADR (Travel history) July 23
ADR Submitted July 23
IP1 July 24
NA2 July 26
RPRF Nov 20
ADR (employment, bio data pages & Height&Eye colour Nov 20
ADR Submitted Nov 21
IP2 Nov 23
PPR Nov 29

My fellow LVO peeps still waiting @deeore @yooku @yewwygraceful and co, it shall not tarry by God’s grace.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smileymum: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2017
Please guys, I have another question. I read on a forum that only people who are on manager level can use NOC 0. I don't have manager in my title at work but the job i did which i want to use falls under NOC 0122.
I approved and signed off on credit requests in risk management. Although I had junior analysts under me, but I was not and still not a manager, just an officer. Is this ok?
Cos I am about to create my profile this morning and I want to be sure I am choosing the right NOC. I had over 3 years experience in that job. The current job I have is NOC A, just 1 year and 7 months, I don't want to use it.
Please help a confused lady out. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smileymum: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2017
Thank you cochtrane.
cochtrane:

Though it is indeed different, I wouldn't complain about this. Looks good to me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 30, 2017
Meoos:
Hello e-fam, good morning to you all.
Please I need your input on this.

I submitted an EE application last night and i just got a message on my profile saying that I'm not eligible for FSW.

Education- Masters wes verified

Age- 32

IELTS - 7,6.5, 7,7.5 for LRWS respectively.

Spouse 6.5.7.5,7.5,7 for LRWS respectively too

Family of 5, pof of about 25800CAD

2years+ work experience

As the PA, could that Reading score be the reason for ineligibility? Just wanted to enter the pool first and then retake the English test.

Please let me know if you have a clue, thanks.

The minimum funds required for a family of 5 is 25,923 CAD.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koolkamzzy(m): 9:14am On Nov 30, 2017
Good day guys.

Please is there anyone that has successfully evaluated their credential from Lagos State Polytechnic?
Been trying complete WES evalatuion for over 7 months and not been able to get past the result confirmation stage. WES insist they have sent confirmation letter to the school, while the school contact are insisting that they have not received same. Contacted WES to atleast mention which department or person the confirmation letter was sent to but they are only giving automated response.

Anyone been in this situation before?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 30, 2017
smileymum:
Please guys, I have another question. I read on a forum that only people who are on manager level can use NOC 0. I don't have manager in my title at work but the job i did which i want to use falls under NOC 0122.
I approved and signed off on credit requests in risk management. Although I had junior analysts under me, but I was not and still not a manager, just an officer. Is this ok?
Cos I am about to create my profile this morning and I want to be sure I am choosing the right NOC. I had over 3 years experience in that job. The current job I have is NOC A, just 1 year and 7 months, I don't want to use it.
Please help a confused lady out. Thanks.

Choose the NOC occupation that best describes your duties/responsibilities and not necessarily your job title.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smileymum: 9:28am On Nov 30, 2017
Thanks.
I was just getting conflicting info on this jare. Somebody even told me "If you no be oga or manager where you dey work, no even try choose any job for NOC 0" undecided Thanks again.
GlitteringStar:

Choose the NOC occupation that best describes your duties/responsibilities and not necessarily your job title.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kolade22: 9:33am On Nov 30, 2017
Hello Good people

I read on this trend that if someone was denied visa in any other country in the past, he or she has to state it when applying. My question is,

Is it applicable to the PA alone or Spouse has to state it too?

in my own case, i was denied USA visa 2 times in the past but they later approved my visitor's visa in my 3rd attempt, in this case, do i have to state no/yes?

i am confuse, pls good people of this forum should advise.

Thank y''all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Adekoolz(m): 9:42am On Nov 30, 2017
Many thanks for your help and advice sir. smiley

jergins:

You do have a better chance cos of your age, if you have a 2 degree, and good IELTS you sure to get PPR.

if you dont have Masters or 2 degrees, aim at highest IELTS Score (CLB 10 - SLRW - 7.5,8.5,8,7.5), sure to get CRS of 441.

use below to assess the possible score

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Onedimple: 9:44am On Nov 30, 2017
Good morning E-family. Please has anyone evaluated Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Certificate with WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 9:48am On Nov 30, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Both should change. Maybe you should create a new profile (to avoid you using LOE or "one and same person affidavit" to explain the middle name issue).
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Adekoolz(m): 9:50am On Nov 30, 2017
Good morning good people.

Please is there anyone that has recently done WES evaluation from Babcock University?

Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 9:51am On Nov 30, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Thanks but if I leave it that way and use loe it wouldn't be an issue ryt?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by wholesomegrace: 9:59am On Nov 30, 2017
Hamiltondreamer:

Hi you already quoted the message where i stated what to do in your situation. What other clarification do you need?

Yeah, a draft letter i.e how to start and end it is what I need. Someone has already responded
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by wholesomegrace: 10:00am On Nov 30, 2017
abbeykun:

This might help...

Date

Centralized Intake Office (CIO)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

Letter of Introduction - name

I am(We are) writing this reference at the request of xxxxxx who is applying for Permanent Resident status to Canada.

He is a staff of xxxx, and works on a permanent basis as a xxxx, where he is mainly responsible for xxxx.

The details of his duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Total Number of Hours - x Hours / Week
• Xxxxx
• Xxxxx
• xxxx

I am available to provide further information if required.
(For further clarification or enquiries, please contact xxxx)

Sincerely

Sign

Name

Wao!! thanks for this

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 30, 2017
mzjennypher:

Thanks but if I leave it that way and use loe it wouldn't be an issue ryt?

You can use LOE or you can create a new profile since you've not received an Invitation to Apply yet. I believe creating a new profile will put your mind at rest but choose the one you are comfortable with. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 10:22am On Nov 30, 2017
Congrats!

MrsBee:

Timelines below.

CRS 431
EE May 18
ITA May 31
AOR July 11
Medicals Passed July 23
ADR Submitted July 23
IP1 July 24
NA2 July 26
RPRF Nov 20
ADR Submitted Nov 21
IP2 Nov 23
PPR Nov 29

My fellow LVO peeps still waiting @deeore @yooku @yewwygraceful and co, it shall not tarry by God’s grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 10:34am On Nov 30, 2017
GlitteringStar:

You can use LOE or you can create a new profile since you've not received an Invitation to Apply yet. I believe creating a new profile will put your mind at rest but choose the one you are comfortable with. smiley

OK thanks by creating a new profile I have to withdraw ryt?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 30, 2017
mzjennypher:

OK thanks by creating a new profile I have to withdraw ryt?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Raconteur14(m): 10:48am On Nov 30, 2017
MrsBee:

Congratulations MrsBee. May the Lord bless your hustle
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ctrlunlimited: 11:03am On Nov 30, 2017
cochtrane:

You should explain if it makes you feel more at ease with your application. However, I wouldn't think it's necessary. Just my personal opinion. I didn't explain the source of the funds I had in my mutual funds. Just tendered the letters.

Hi Cochtrane,

Please, I needed some info concerning mmf.
What is the best way to contact you as I have sent several PMs already but no response.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by pampem: 11:08am On Nov 30, 2017
kolade22:
Hello Good people

I read on this trend that if someone was denied visa in any other country in the past, he or she has to state it when applying. My question is,

Is it applicable to the PA alone or Spouse has to state it too?

in my own case, i was denied USA visa 2 times in the past but they later approved my visitor's visa in my 3rd attempt, in this case, do i have to state no/yes?

i am confuse, pls good people of this forum should advise.

Thank y''all

yes,kindly state all visa refusals

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by pampem: 11:09am On Nov 30, 2017
MrsBee:

Timelines below.

CRS 431
EE May 18
ITA May 31
AOR July 11
Medicals Passed July 23
ADR Submitted July 23
IP1 July 24
NA2 July 26
RPRF Nov 20
ADR Submitted Nov 21
IP2 Nov 23
PPR Nov 29

congratulations Dear Mrs Bee

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.