Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday (21898 Views)

Three Drones Downed After Explosions Heard In Iran’s Isfahan: State Media / Lesotho Records First Case Of Coronavirus / Cameroon Confirms First Case Of Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by teshyberry(f): 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
Wiszipro:
Naija to follow soon

Amen!!
Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by mustafa006: 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nigeria is still stuck in the stone age era compared to places like china
Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by Ade3000yrs(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hmm
Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by Ichietome: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
hakeem4:
If somebody use Glo network lasan, before the defendant drop his evidence before the online court glo would still be on 2g and due to the delay might make the court sentence the defendant to death by hanging of balls
Lolz

1 Like

Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by Vince77(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
AryaSand:

Yes sir.

Sorry about that. Having people you can trust around you can help you manage it better. Stuff like this can cause other kind of stuff.
Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by Ichietome: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
Biafra will solve all these problems for the Igbo man
Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by maclatunji: 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
majekdom2:
one would expect someone like seun to be proactive about this given the popularity of his forum

I have almost certainly given-up on this happening.

1 Like

Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
Vince77:

Sorry about that. Having people you can trust around you can help you manage it better. Stuff like this can cause other kind of stuff.
Depression? I know. You should see me, I'm a mess. It's a constant battle everyday.
Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by JikanBaura(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2017
can the accused appear online... why does it had to be only the judge
Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by Freech: 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
everything is becoming technologically driven, the World is gradually leaning towards becoming one......hmmm!
Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by Ishilove: 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2017
dapyd1:

We claim to be godly and religious. Ironically, the more the churches and mosques in Nigeria, the higher the crime rate, hypocrisy, tribalism and hatred. It's annoyingly funny.

There's something fundamentally wrong with the kind of religion practiced in this country. Churches and mosques are mushroomed in every corner but strangely there is a corresponding growth in moral depravity and crime. People's hearts are getting blacker; cesspools where all manner of abomination abound.

So what, in God's name are they teaching people in these religious houses?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by RichardKajola(m): 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2017
hakeem4:
If somebody use Glo network lasan, before the defendant drop his evidence before the online court glo would still be on 2g and due to the delay might make the court sentence the defendant to death by hanging of balls
Hahahahaha..... But why is it that its only Glo network that is being used as example
Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by Vince77(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2017
AryaSand:

Depression? I know. You should see me, I'm a mess. It's a constant battle everyday.

Trust me i have seen this first hand. I know exactly how you feel. If u don't mind we could share contacts. Just chat with email or whatsapp if u prefer. Which ever u feel comfortable with. I would like to really know you.
Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by belindar: 8:33am On Aug 21, 2017
While in Nigeria an accuse is rotten in prison for more than 10 years without prosecution.
Re: China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday by rhames(m): 11:10am On Aug 21, 2017
Denko2721987:

The judge, defendant and plaintiff all met via video chat.

The Hangzhou Internet Court, a new online court in China that will hear internet-related civil cases, had its first trial yesterday. It was a copyright infringement case was between a novelist and a web company that offered her novel to online subscribers without her permission and everyone met via video chat. The judge and both sets of legal agents connected through the web from different parts of the country and the whole thing took around 30 minutes to conclude.

The whole process from beginning to end is done through the internet. The judge presiding over the cases is stationed in a Hangzhou-based courtroom where members of the public can watch a projection of the video feed. A computer program transcribes the trial. Anyone wanting to submit a case can file all required petitions and necessary documents online where they can also pay any fees. Court notifications are delivered online and anyone without a computer can use terminals made available at the courthouse.

China isn't the only country looking into online hearings. Canada recently launched an online tribunal for small claims disputes and the UK just began an online court pilot program. "The internet court breaks geographic boundaries and greatly saves time in traditional hearings," said Wang Jiangqiao, the online court's vice president.

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2017/08/18/chinas-online-court-first-case/

* Wouldn't this system be welcomed for adoption in Nigeria to help make our judicial process efficient and more effective?? Oh, i forgot we are still battling with lots of infrastructural and technical problems such a energy and even network stability.. Too bad that a lot of countries (the ones we here in Nigeria would blatantly call atheistic ungodly countries) are positively advancing forward while Nigeria always seems lagging and dragging behind.. God help us..

I hope a Nigerian was not the first scapegoat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indonesia Prison Fire Kills 41 Drug Inmates, 80 Hospitalised (Video) / Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US / ISIS Hit By Financial Crises, Slashes Salaries Of Fighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.