Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,122 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion (30330 Views)

RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" / Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by somehow: 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
According to Catholic tradition or the bible?
adetayo234:

It is one man one wife. Second wife not acceptable in d Catholic Church
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by abike12(f): 9:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
somehow:
Which bible says its sin to marry more than one wife? All the people you call men of God in the bible, how many married just one wife?

Women and half bake spirituality.

I guess na ur pastor tell u say na sin to marry 2 wives.

i'm sure you had a head injury over the weekend to come online and start generalizing and calling people names. wishing you a speedy recovery. try aromatherapy for that anger that is eating your insides.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by Chikwado1991(m): 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
the husband should then finish up by wedding her if that's what she wants na
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by somehow: 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2017
Is this the best you could come up with?
abike12:

i'm sure you had a head injury over the weekend to come online and start generalizing and calling people names. wishing you a speedy recovery. try aromatherapy for that anger that is eating your insides.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by charlsecy(m): 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2017
Chikwado1991:
the husband should then finish up by wedding her if that's what she wants na
Andrewkinggg:
Go get married according to the Christian rite!
Christian second wife?
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by rossyc(f): 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
Arysexy:
No news here, as a second wife, d church cannot wed you because polygamy is not recognized in Christianity. Move on since u have repented while d man takes care of d children's responsibility
You have said it all..

1 Like

Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by rossyc(f): 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
Fourwinds:
liars... marriage is not the criteria for receiving the Holy communion.... what is required are:Baptism, confirmation.... even those that are not married receive holy communion... she is indirectly trying to force the man to marry her in the church formerly.... she can do her baptism and confirmation and receive holy communion without causing problem
You can only receive communion when you are married in the church that is when it comes to married people. Even after traditional marriage as a Catholic ,Church wedding or marriage blessing is a criteria for receiving Holy communion. The problem here is she was married traditionally as a second wife and christianity doesn't support polygamy.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by gemale(m): 11:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
Bobbybube:
People need to learn to separate church doctrines from biblical truths.
Throughout the bible from the new testament to the old testament people have always been marrying more than one wife.
Even Jesus christ never condemned it.
This idea of monogamy is unafrican... part of western influences on christianity.
Where was it explictly stated that polygamy is sinful and amounts to hell.
So many articles of our Christian faith are not explicitly stated eg the trinity but Spirit - led, intensive word study & revelation led to their discovery as they were implicitly mentioned in the bible. It's the Spirit of God that gives understanding to the treasures contained in scripture. The letter killeth. To answer your question, genesis 2:24 which says "therefore shall a man leave his father & his mother, & cleave unto his WIFE (singular not wives): & they shall be 1 flesh". That was the will of God for marriage in the beginning. If God intended that a man should marry more than 1 woman, He wouldn't have made just eve for adam. These words were repeated by our Lord Jesus Christ in Mark 10:7-8, however with a more specific definition of who consisted of the "they" from the verse from genesis "and the two (not 3,4,5,6) will become one flesh.’So they are no longer two (again) , but one flesh" (Mark 10, verse eight). So you see that God instituted marriage to be between 2 persons, a man & a woman AKA monogamy. Anyone doing otherwise is not doing God's will & remember Jesus said that only those who do God's will would enter the kingdom of heaven. Another verse that refers to this is 1 Corinthians 7: 2 "...... Let every man have his own wife (again not wives) & let every woman have her own husband (not husbands). If you look at the life of St paul (the author), he was an ex persecutor of Christians but was converted by Jesus Himself & most of his teachings were by the revelation of the Holy Spirit. He had little physical contact with the apostles hence none of the 12 preached to him. True, people in the bible practiced polygamy but did God instruct them to do so? No, they all did it in opposition to God's will & if you study the bible well, you would see that it had a negative effect on them. In fact let me chronicle them for you, the 1st polygamist, Lamech ended up being the successor of the curse of Cain (the father of murderers), the next was Abraham, who because of impatience for the arrival of Isaac , listened to Sarah & married her slave hagai. Ishmael, the product of that union is the patriarch of the Arabs & the entire world is still suffering from the repercussion of that decision today. Then we had Jacob, who wanted to marry just Rachel but because he was deceived by laban mistakenly married Leah. He went ahead & made Rachel his 2nd wife. Because He favoured Rachel, God made her barren & made Leah fruitful & like Sarah, they both made him marry their slaves. God finally relented & gave Rachel Joseph & Benjamin. We see how Joseph's half-brothers nearly killed him if not for Reuben. Still they sold him into slavery. I can go on & on to list the tragedy men in the bible brought on themselves by engaging in polygamy. Is it Solomon whose wives led him astray to serve other gods which led to him losing 10 tribes of israel & only keeping 2 because of God's love for david or david himself whose children from different mothers started killing each other. The list is endless but look at men who walked with God like enoch, Moses (who God spoke with like a man speaks with his friend), Samuel (who spoke with God from his childhood), elijah, elisha, isaiah ... No polygamist.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by Bahddo(m): 1:52am On Aug 22, 2017
eyinjuege:

If she was that religious, she would never have married as a second wife in the first place.
She found religion after many years in thr marriage. Meaning, people can change. You can marry an atheist today, who may believe believe in God tomorrow. You may also lose your faith tomorrow.... What happens to your marriage then?
no, not religion... Her Catholic faith is what she found after many years of marriage. People worship whatever they worship and still steal, kill and sleep with their pastors/church members. Why is marriage as second wife impossible?

Yes, people do change, but lions hardly ever turn into sheep. It's usually people who hardly think for themselves that keep looking for a reputable or powerful religious leader to think for them, and vice versa.

The day my wife chooses to become unrepentantly stupid, it's over. The day I choose to be unrepentantly stupid, she should feel free to walk away too. There should be no space for third parties in a marriage, except God. No way I'm letting pastors or priests or imams or witch doctors control me through my wife, not if I can help it.

1 Like

Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by desire222(f): 4:25am On Aug 22, 2017
abike12:
It's a very simple issue, no need to sensationalize it. Second wife is not recognized in Christianity so she is free to go look for her own husband or remain single. The man can continue to take care of his children. She is single in God's eyes
Thank you so much for this.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by dasparrow: 4:35am On Aug 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Typical Nigerian woman still can't let go of the Husbands money yet has divorced him spiritually grin cheesy

lol grin grin ;
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by oz4real83(m): 5:44am On Aug 22, 2017
manci:
I thank God for been a Muslim
you are very correct!!! As a muslim,she would have been married at age 10(since according to islam ''age isnt a criterion for marriage''), had her first child (which is put under the almarjiri system) by age 11,contact vvf by age 14,separated and abandoned by the husband by age 15 and the husband goes to hunt another victim(s) again and the cycle continues!!!

1 Like

Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by Chinagurum1995(m): 5:45am On Aug 22, 2017
Hmmm that a sin how dey go sleep na Church during Holy Communion hmm dey go commit sin. sad undecided
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by engrhorla(m): 7:07am On Aug 22, 2017
jashar:
undecided undecided undecided

1 Cor 7.

Ok o> Eleyi gidi gan sha
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by NoToPile: 7:47am On Aug 22, 2017
Bibically a man is not allowed to marry 2 women and vice versa as long as the first spouse is still alive, the marriage convenant is broken only by DEATH.

I am not a catholic but the woman just did a form of restitution , let the man go back to the first wife and stop having marital relations with the 2nd woman. If we are to look at it sef, the marriage to this 2nd woman is not valid because he has a living spouse , they just had children together. Let her go and look for her own husband she married another persons husband shikena.

Let her live apart and he should continue taking responsibility for his children that's all.

Christains be deceiving themselves up and down.

2 Likes

Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by Fourwinds: 10:43am On Aug 22, 2017
rossyc:

You can only receive communion when you are married in the church that is when it comes to married people. Even after traditional marriage as a Catholic ,Church wedding or marriage blessing is a criteria for receiving Holy communion. The problem here is she was married traditionally as a second wife and christianity doesn't support polygamy.
so she should divorce the man right....
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by rossyc(f): 11:15am On Aug 22, 2017
Fourwinds:
so she should divorce the man right....
Biblically a man is not allowed to marry two wives. As long as the first wife is alive that marriage is invalid so she should marry her own husband legally and in the church too as a christian.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by Fourwinds: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2017
rossyc:

Biblically a man is not allowed to marry two wives. As long as the first wife is alive that marriage is invalid so she should marry her own husband legally and in the church too as a christian.
ok but she has committed fornication or adultery and the man adultery...so what will they do now
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by rossyc(f): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
Fourwinds:
ok but she has committed fornication or adultery and the man adultery...so what will they do now
The man should stick to his first wife while she moves on and marry her own husband.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by Fourwinds: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2017
rossyc:

The man should stick to his first wife while she moves on and marry her own husband.
is that not fornication or adultery?
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by mechanics(m): 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2017
pocohantas:
Some women love acting very stupid, especially when their religious heads are involved. They obey these men than their husbands.

How does her church marital right surpass the traditional one?

The man married her according to tradition and she says he hasn't married her according to church rules?

She has resorted to hoarding her nunu. Nunu that's a free gift of nature? Nawa!
hahaha, funny.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by shumax: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2017
She's made a good move, God and the Holy Virgin will help her overcome the storm.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by rossyc(f): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
Fourwinds:
is that not fornication or adultery?
How?? If she isn't married to the man legally that's fornication that's why I said she should marry her own husband.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by Fourwinds: 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
rossyc:

How?? If she isn't married to the man legally that's fornication that's why I said she should marry her own husband.
i mean she will be committing fornication or adultery since she was married before or if you put it unmarried
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by rossyc(f): 9:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
Fourwinds:
i mean she will be committing fornication or adultery since she was married before or if you put it unmarried
I believe God forgives all our sins, secondly she is a convert according to the story so old things are passed away if she truly understands the call to Christianity.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by Fourwinds: 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2017
rossyc:

I believe God forgives all our sins, secondly she is a convert according to the story so old things are passed away if she truly understands the call to Christianity.
hmmmmm...ok thanks for your response... are you a Catholic?
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by rossyc(f): 9:26pm On Aug 22, 2017
Fourwinds:
hmmmmm...ok thanks for your response... are you a Catholic?
You welcome.. Yes iam.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by khiaa(f): 1:54am On Aug 24, 2017
Andrewkinggg:
This matter is resolvable! Go get married according to the Christian rite! I guess that's the meaning to this

I thought Catholics don't believe in divorce, in order for them to get married in the church her husband would have to divorce the first wife and Catholics don't recognize divorces. Correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by somehow: 9:52am On Aug 24, 2017
Where can I see this in the bible?
NoToPile:
Bibically a man is not allowed to marry 2 women and vice versa as long as the first spouse is still alive, the marriage convenant is broken only by DEATH.

I am not a catholic but the woman just did a form of restitution , let the man go back to the first wife and stop having marital relations with the 2nd woman. If we are to look at it sef, the marriage to this 2nd woman is not valid because he has a living spouse , they just had children together. Let her go and look for her own husband she married another persons husband shikena.

Let her live apart and he should continue taking responsibility for his children that's all.

Christains be deceiving themselves up and down.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by tooclean(m): 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
sonnie10:

Did you read the part that said she is a second wife?
dat is y i said is not true.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by NoToPile: 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
somehow:
Where can I see this in the bible?

1 Corinthians 7:39King James Version (KJV)

39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

Romans 7 1-3 King James Version (KJV)

7 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Mark 10:2-12

2 Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?” 3 “What did Moses command you?” he replied. 4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.” 5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’

7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’So they are no longer two, but one flesh.

9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” 10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this.

11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

1 Corinthians 7:11-13

11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by somehow: 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
After all these, you failed to show me where in the bible its forbidden to marry more than one wife!

I am waiting for where the bible called marrying more than one wife a sin.
NoToPile:

1 Corinthians 7:39King James Version (KJV)

39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

Romans 7 1-3 King James Version (KJV)

7 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Mark 10:2-12

2 Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?” 3 “What did Moses command you?” he replied. 4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.” 5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’

7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’So they are no longer two, but one flesh.

9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” 10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this.

11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

1 Corinthians 7:11-13

11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Things Guys Do When/after Coming Back From Church / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Apostle Suleman Gives His Church Member N500k & Brand New Nissan Jeep(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.