Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,354 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion (30328 Views)

RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" / Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by NoToPile: 4:17pm On Aug 24, 2017
somehow:
After all these, you failed to show me where in the bible its forbidden to marry more than one wife!

I am waiting for where the bible called marrying more than one wife a sin.

Marrying another wife is adultery whether you are still living with the first wife or you divorce her its still adultery.

Those verses are explanatory, though they tilt more towards divorce.

Read deeply and see the biblical stance on marrying two wives.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by somehow: 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
What you are saying is just your own opinion if you can't point out where the bible called marrying more than one wife a sin.

All the major men in the bible that the bible stories center around married multiple women, some were even called the wisest on earth, some called father of faith etc.

Until you can show me where its a sin to marry multiple women, I say your comments remain your option based on your own ideas.
NoToPile:

Marrying another wife is adultery whether you are still living with the first wife or you divorce her its still adultery.

Those verses are explanatory, though they tilt more towards divorce.

Read deeply and see the biblical stance on marrying two wives.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by NoToPile: 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2017
somehow:
What you are saying is just your own opinion if you can't point out where the bible called marrying more than one wife a sin.

All the major men in the bible that the bible stories center around married multiple women, some were even called the wisest on earth, some called father of faith etc.

Until you can show me where its a sin to marry multiple women, I say your comments remain your option based on your own ideas.

grin grin

Never mind since you called it my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

But its not my opinion or idea anyway.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by somehow: 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
In the absence of bible reference, it remains your opinion sir. Men's tradition.
NoToPile:

grin grin

Never mind since you called it my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

But its not my opinion or idea anyway.

Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by adetayo234: 12:05am On Sep 22, 2017
somehow:
According to Catholic tradition or the bible?

Check out those men with multiple wives in the Bible; you will discover that women were principal to their errors/downfalls.
Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by 9inches(m): 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
dre11:
P.M.EXPRESS gathered that the children supported their mother’s decision and asked their father to leave their mom as she was no longer his wife according to her new faith.
@bolded is not accurate. According to her new faith, she was never married to the father of her 5 children. They were cohabiting and committing adultery since in the eyes of the Church they are not married.

1 Like

Re: Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion by Wande22(m): 3:43pm On Oct 29, 2022
Hello,
This is a fix I'm presently which I need thorough advice. Though there are reasons why I decided NOT TO regularise the Marriage in the Catholic Church yet.

P.S. We Weren't married in the Catholic Church and I don't want to stop my wife from receiving communion

Lalasticlala
Nlfpmod
Pocohantas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Things Guys Do When/after Coming Back From Church / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Apostle Suleman Gives His Church Member N500k & Brand New Nissan Jeep(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.