Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (62435 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2010
duduspace:

Abeg Arshavin can go to hell, if not that we need to keep the core of this squad around both for squad depth and experience, I would have advocated selling him immediately and he has been too pessimistic for my liking.
Even Ade wasn't this bad cos AC Milan had actually made a move for him. Arshavin might just have made himself Gooner enemy number 1 with this statement credited to him, its totally unnecessary and uncalled for.

Yet Cesc is not gooner enemy number 1 for wanting to play in a bigger side?

Arshavin of course will be too pessimistic for your liking - he fails to toot the 'we are close to winning' horn (which is disproved year after year as pure bollocks) and can criticise himself frankly (as he has done) while clearly pointing out the team deficiencies.

When he said the side were 2-3 players short of winning a title, the team went ahead to confirm his prophetic words by collapsing like a pack of cards. People were critiquing him then, but was he right or wrong?

All Arshavin was saying is that 'playing for the best side in the world, even for a season, would be the pinnacle of my career'.

There are fewer true words that can be uttered by a player with desire to be the very best.

For those choosing to read soundbites, he expressed his SORROW at Arsenal's loss to Barca, showing his deep felt feelings for Arsenal. Instead of focussing on the truth of his comments, some fans will be seeking more 'yes men' who will make silly comments on Arsenal.com about 'focus' and 'potential' only to throw it away a few games later.

I'll take the plain truth any day over the meaningless bunk we keep getting from Wenger day in day out.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 11:31pm On Apr 27, 2010
debosky:

Yet Cesc is not gooner enemy number 1 for wanting to play in a bigger side?

Arshavin of course will be too pessimistic for your liking - he fails to toot the 'we are close to winning' horn (which is disproved year after year as pure bollocks) and can criticise himself frankly (as he has done) while clearly pointing out the team deficiencies.

When he said the side were 2-3 players short of winning a title, the team went ahead to confirm his prophetic words by collapsing like a pack of cards. People were critiquing him then, but was he right or wrong?
What are you saying here Debo? wasn't he part of the same team that collapsed? what exactly has he done this season that gives him the right talk down on the rest of the team? if anything, he has been one of the flops of this season. I'll make a simple comparison of his performance compared to B52, Diaby and Fabregas here.
                Starts        Subs appearances       Goals       Assists
Arshavin          31                6                  11           6
Fabregas         35                1                  19           13
Bendtner         21                10                 12           6
Diaby              33                5                   7            5

Now, you convince me what this bozo has done this season to give him the right to talk down on any one in the team, the likes of Bendtner have outperformed him despite playing less games,  Even the guys who have almost shed their blood on the pitch like Cesc, Vermaelen and Sol have not come out with such negativity during the season.
Is he the coach? is he not paid to be a player? why should he be disrespectful to the club and fans that pay him?
Besides, why all the noise about signings? wasn't he bought in for experience in the team and didn't he know the squad that existed b4 he was bought?

He is a very pessimistic and negative personality and maybe that is why Russia didn't go to the world cup, someone who would go ahead and encourage an opposing team while his team is top of the premiership by saying they are still the mathematical champions when they haven't even won their game in hand is the very definition of negativity, couldn't even appreciate his colleagues for the work they've done to get to the top of the premiership in the first instance.
I repeat, did you see the likes of Scholes, Giggs or Rooney do that when Manure went on top briefly after beating Spurs?

debosky:

All Arshavin was saying is that 'playing for the best side in the world, even for a season, would be the pinnacle of my career'.

There are fewer true words that can be uttered by a player with desire to be the very best.

For those choosing to read soundbites, he expressed his SORROW at Arsenal's loss to Barca, showing his deep felt feelings for Arsenal. Instead of focussing on the truth of his comments, some fans will be seeking more 'yes men' who will make silly comments on Arsenal.com about 'focus' and 'potential' only to throw it away a few games later.

I'll take the plain truth any day over the meaningless bunk we keep getting from Wenger day in day out.
Yu're being 2 faced here, why exactly then were you on Ade's case when he made those statements about Milan? has something that you claimed was poison for the goose now suddenly become ice cream for the tolotolo?
IMO, Arshavin's case is even worse off than Ade, at the least AC Milan had made a move for Ade with the club convincing him to stay, what is all this whoring after Barca that Arshavin is on about? they haven't even bidded for him.
Compare what he's done to the class and finese with which Cesc has handled Barca's shameful pursuit of him despite his obvious family ties to Barcelona.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2010
Did you guys see what is meant by youth football today?

Badstuber- 21years old
Muller- 20years old
Contento - 19years old
Alaba- 17years old.

Mixed with quality experienced players qualified Bayern for the CL finals.

wenGAY should be shot for deceiving GAYYners that he was running a youth policy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by DrKitaun(m): 3:51am On Apr 28, 2010
@Debo

u don dey talk beta but as u mention ARSHAVIN and ADE u just wound urself!

Forget MARQUEE signing, at WORLD and CLUB FOOTIE LEVEL(I know u wld mention UEFA here . . .rubbish!) combined they are not on d same page . . .whilst u were lampooning ADE for lusting after Beyonce, Arshavin is shamelessly toasting Barca but dont we all know now like I first pointed out that dude's attitude is so poor and I CAN PREDICT BARCA WILL NEVER GO NEAR HIM!

Like LOYIKA and DUDU have said, when it mattered most he never justified his own hype, even BARTENDER shat on him, he can f.ck off back to ZENITH 4 all I care!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by DrKitaun(m): 4:03am On Apr 28, 2010
Arshavin should be asked:
how many times this season had MANURE and/or CHAV players granted needless interviews about their aspirations or where they want to be in the next decade. . .

Rooney and Fletcher have been top dogs for MANURE, Drogba and Malouda for CHELSEA, Cesc and Song for ARSENAL . . .what has Arshavin been?

Towncrier!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by yousouph(m): 9:28am On Apr 28, 2010
Dr kitaun need not say more on Arshavin. His actions is becoming unbecoming.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by presido1: 10:06am On Apr 28, 2010
To sum it up Ash regrets coming to Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by edoyad(m): 11:56am On Apr 28, 2010
To sum it up Ash regrets coming
to Arsenal.

You can't blame the chap for being disappointed. Wenger must have promised heaven and earth when signing him, "we're building a team. . . ." , "team for the future . . ".
The manner in which we constantly drop out of all competitions close to may every year should be a source of concern to even the most die hard of fans.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2010
I think Arshavin's constant reminders of his love for Barca is similar to CR's flirtation with Real ?Madrid.
Deal him out quickly before he becomes poison.That's my candid advise.
He's a talent,no doubt,but like someone said earlier,he really hasn't lived up to the hype or transfer fee on his head to be talking/behaving that way.
It's actually unfair to be acting that way.Especially at a club searching for the way forward.He should man up and be a leader,instead of being daft.
I don't think it's because of bottling anything.I just think he'd rather be in Barcelona than Arsenal.He made those comments earlier on for us to see where his heart trully lay.
Thing is:Barca aren't even ready to go for the guy. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 1:09pm On Apr 28, 2010
The clearest Le Prof has been about improving the squad, so we can basically expect to know our squad for next season before the WC kicks off bar possible injuries during the tournament.

[Quote]
[size=14pt]'Wenger talking to 'definite transfer targets'[/size]
Arsène Wenger has been talking to his "definite transfer targets" and hopes to do business before the World Cup begins.

The Arsenal manager has been linked with a number of new players in recent weeks after his side dropped out of the reckoning in the Champions League and Premier League. Speaking ahead of the weekend game against Manchester City, Wenger was naturally not forthcoming on the names involved but did suggest he wanted to recruit before the tournament began in South Africa on June 11.

"I have definite transfer targets and I have been talking to people but I will not tell you to who," he told the Arsenal Matchday Programme.

The Frenchman then revealed there was a desire to bring in players ahead the summer tournament. He went on: "I believe the earlier you settle your team the better it is and the less anxiety you have."

Wenger added that he would not sign a player on their strength of their performance in South Africa "unless there is an exception there that nobody knew before. Also post-World Cup the prices are always artificial.

"Overall I feel it is very dangerous to buy on [the strength of] the tournament because sometimes there are players who are fresh and have not played the whole season. Everyone can have three weeks of glory as a football player. Ten years is a bit different."
[/quote]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2010
If Wenger where a NL user, he would have hung himself on seeing some of the stuffs being hurled at him by y'all.  grin grin

Wenger has had more than enough time to "tango" with us on this youth policy issue, yet some choose to cover his slip-ups.
One question though, you think the likes of Sunu,Sanchez,Coquelin et al can take on the already established Drogbas, Torres, Lamps,Essiens?
How many of those kids will EVER experience first team football? undecided
If the so-called "over 35's/pensioners" retire from football, what STOPS their clubs from replacing em with much more experienced 25-28 players? Forget Chelsea promoting 5 youngsters to their first team, they would STILL enter the meerkat to get more experience.

We can't best Chelsea,Man U (forget Liverpool) mano-a-mano, what makes you think you can best them in the TW? Are we the only team afraid of spending into debt? Why can't Usmanov or Croaker just step-up and buy the club? Why can't Arsene be fired? Why do we fail at the tail end of the season?

Questions need to be answered and the axe needs to start chopping off heads soon

ENOUGH IS BLOODY ENOUGH! angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2010
Now, this aint duduspace speaking, but a former chairman who was bought out.

[Quote]
[size=14pt]FORMER MAN UNITED CHAIRMAN HITS OUT[/size]
Glazer's plan "unsustainable"

Former Manchester United chairman Sir Roy Gardner has denounced the Glazer family's debt-laden business plan at Old Trafford, claiming it is not "a sustainable model".

Gardner was United chairman at the time of the Glazer takeover in 2005, when he put his name to a statement saying the American owners of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL franchise were being "too aggressive" with their plans.

United are now reported to have debts of around £716 million, the fans have launched a hugely successful and visual 'Green and Gold' campaign in protest at the Glazers and the Red Knights, a consortium of wealthy United fans, are preparing a takeover bid.

Asked about United's position now Gardner said: "It is no different to what I said at the time. I did not think it was a sustainable model."
[/quote]

Keep the faith peeps, our way will win out in the end no matter how long it takes, according to reports, Lady Nina's shares will change hands soon but the ownership status quo will remain as neither Kroenke or Usmanov will buy her out to take their holding to a level leading to a mandatory takeover approach which is not guaranteed of being successful anyway.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2010
v3:

Wenger has had more than enough time to "tango" with us on this youth policy issue, yet some choose to cover his slip-ups.
One question though, you think the likes of Sunu,Sanchez,Coquelin et al can take on the already established Drogbas, Torres, Lamps,Essiens?
How many of those kids will EVER experience first team football? undecided
If the so-called "over 35's/pensioners" retire from football, what STOPS their clubs from replacing em with much more experienced 25-28 players? Forget Chelsea promoting 5 youngsters to their first team, they would STILL enter the meerkat to get more experience.

I expect they will, but not on the scale at at which they've done before (except for Man Shitty of course) but then we already have decent quality coming through the ranks now and we can make up the difference in the transfer market (just like Barca and RM, Barca only need spend 44m and still have a better squad overall than RM who spent nigh 200m).
Maybe the likes of Sunu/Sanchez/Coquelin can't but the likes of Clichy/Cesc/Song/Diaby should be able to match them and better them soon as they approach their peak.

v3:

We can't best Chelsea,Man U (forget Liverpool) mano-a-mano, what makes you think you can best them in the TW? Are we the only team afraid of spending into debt? Why can't Usmanov or Croaker just step-up and buy the club? Why can't Arsene be fired? Why do we fail at the tail end of the season?
Questions need to be answered and the axe needs to start chopping off heads soon
ENOUGH IS BLOODY ENOUGH! angry

Because there is usually no free lunches anywhere (there must be some sheikhs or Abramovic footing the bill or debt in the case of Manure and Liverpool). Such free lunches are also getting scarce with the generall financial downturn. Animals still twitch for a while after their heads have been chopped off, but in due time die they surely shall.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2010
Dudu,

Forget the free lunch, Sugar daddy, Arab money talk for a second, if Le Prof had say a 70mill transfer kitty manna from above. . what do you "honestly" think he'll do with it?

Here are your options to choose from.

A - Sign a player on free transfer?
B - Bargain, Bargain n Bargain till he can get a 7-8million max buy?
C - Find & sign some 14yr old and claim he's the next Zidane,Ronnie,Pele?
D - Save the money in his piggy bank and promote fledglings to the first team?

If at 23-24 Diaby can't marshall a midfield the way Song(DM wise)/Nasri(AM wise) does. . what's the point of keeping him around much any longer?

Now player's who have REALLY stepped-up in the red n white are Sol, TV5,Song,Nasri (close to full potential),Bendtner to name a few

We have two goalies who's sole purposes week-in week-out are to shame their families on TV with jaw-dropping howlers?

There's way too many "IFs" that need to be avoided. .If we had gotten Chamakh?If we had gotten Given (still AW's No 1 mistake of the season)? It's time we straightened things out.

One more thing, please forget the article by Wenger you just posted, it's just another attempt to get the English Press off his back. I won't be surprised if the likely new signings are ACTUALLY contract renewals  shocked shocked

Give AW the 44mill spent by Barca & more kids WILL be promoted, more contracts will be renewed, no new signings.
Give AW Barcelona and he'll end up failing with them, i will keep saying this, There is NOTHING sacred about Barcelona. . they have weakness (game control freaks just like Arsenal who just love showing off their sleek passing with no end-result, only they've got a ruthless & creative finisher in Messi which we sort of lack), take the ball away from them. .boss the midfield as shown by Inter
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2010
Did i hear you say decent quality coming through

The ONLY quality i see is Jack Wilshere, the rest are just smoke that'll fizzle in time undecided .

How do we define this so-called "Youth Policy"? Fielding a bunch of under 18s? or having a squad of average age just
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2010
Wenger awa o ko yen je
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2010
Dudu,

Did you see quality youths on display last night in the CL semi finals? Not the bunch of retards you have in your club.

Arshavin now regrets ever joining Arsenal, But I am waiting for the Emirates fans to pounce on in like they did to Adebayor when he did the same thing but I guess there is a difference, One is Black the other is not
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 4:03pm On Apr 28, 2010
v3:

Dudu,

Forget the free lunch, Sugar daddy, Arab money talk for a second, if Le Prof had say a 70mill transfer kitty manna from above. . what do you "honestly" think he'll do with it?

Here are your options to choose from.

A - Sign a player on free transfer?
B - Bargain, Bargain n Bargain till he can get a 7-8million max buy?
C - Find & sign some 14yr old and claim he's the next Zidane,Ronnie,Pele?
D - Save the money in his piggy bank and promote fledglings to the first team?

Hmmmnh, to be honest I can't say, he did go out and shell out for the likes of Thierry, Kanu, Reyes and others before the transfer market went all crazy, his position has always been about buying at the right price. Just imagine if we had spent 20m for Melo last season and he turned in a stinker of a season like he did at Juve?

v3:

If at 23-24 Diaby can't marshall a midfield the way Song(DM wise)/Nasri(AM wise) does. . what's the point of keeping him around much any longer?
If Diaby had played like he did last season, I would have seconded you in this but then he did put on that impressive run of games mid-season before reverting to something only a little bit better than last season's form. Definitely one to keep around in the squad at present if he goes on from there however competition might do him some good.

v3:

One more thing, please forget the article by Wenger you just posted, it's just another attempt to get the English Press off his back. I won't be surprised if the likely new signings are ACTUALLY contract renewals  shocked shocked

I don't think so v3, he couldn't have made a clearer statement of intent than that, this is not "We will" but "We are" though I'm sure Chamakh is definitely one of those to be announced soon.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2010
Dobo, v3 and Cristalz

Who do I have to bribe to have the emphatic Bayern result on the front page of NL. When we always have results for lesser clubs there
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 4:06pm On Apr 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Dudu,

Did you see quality youths on display last night in the CL semi finals? Not the bunch of retards you have in your club.

Arshavin now regrets ever joining Arsenal, But I am waiting for the Emirates fans to pounce on in like they did to Adebayor when he did the same thing but I guess there is a difference, One is Black the other is not
Which quality youth? where has Alaba been since the start of this competition? Besides,that Munich team is a dinosaur compared to the Arsenal team that got to the final of the UCL in 05/06. The likes of RVP, Cesc and Flamini were spring chickes then, even Eboue then was under 24.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Dobo, v3 and Cristalz

Who do I have to bribe to have the emphatic Bayern result on the front page of NL. When we always have results for lesser clubs there

Leave Debo out of this, he is still drowning his sorrows drinking some palmy with Arshavin. He'll get his optimism back as soon as Arsene announces our signings for the season. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2010
Which quality youth? where has Alaba been since the start of this competition? Besides,that Munich team is a dinosaur compared to the Arsenal team that got to the final of the UCL in 05/06. The likes of RVP, Cesc and Flamini were spring chickes then, even Eboue then was under 24.

Alaba played the game in Florence vs Fiorentina which was the most difficult game we played in the knockout stage.

Arsenal team that played Barcelona in the 2006 final

Lehmann(37yrs), Eboue(23), Toure(26), Campbell(32yrs), Cole(26), Pires(33) Silva(30yrs), Fabregas(19), Hleb(25yrs), Ljungberg(29), Henry(29)

Average Age= 28 shocked shocked shocked shocked

Bayern team that played last night

Butt(36), lahm(27), Van Buyten(32),  Badstuber(21), Contento (19), Van Bommel( 33), Schweinsteiger(26), Robben(26), Altintop (27), Muller(20), Olic (31)

Average age = 27.0

In the Arsenal lineup Only one player was 22 years and less, In the Bayern line up we have 3.

In that Arsenal lineup- We have Fabregas and Ashley cole from the youth team 2 players

In the Bayern line up we have Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Badstuber, Contento 5 players
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 5:23pm On Apr 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Alaba played the game in Florence vs Fiorentina which was the most difficult game we played in the knockout stage.

Arsenal team that played Barcelona in the 2006 final

Lehmann(37yrs), Eboue(23), Toure(26), Campbell(32yrs), Cole(26), Pires(33) Silva(30yrs), Fabregas(19), Hleb(25yrs), Ljungberg(29), Henry(29)

Average Age= 28 shocked shocked shocked shocked

Bayern team that played last night

Butt(36), lahm(27), Van Buyten(32),  Badstuber(21), Contento (19), Van Bommel( 33), Schweinsteiger(26), Robben(26), Altintop (27), Muller(20), Olic (31)

Average age = 27.0

In the Arsenal lineup Only one player was 22 years and less, In the Bayern line up we have 3.

In that Arsenal lineup- We have Fabregas and Ashley cole from the youth team 2 players

In the Bayern line up we have Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Badstuber, Contento 5 players

Lets wait and see how you line up in the final first, don't jump the gun. Can yu do the same age analysis for the Arsenal team that played the 2nd leg semi final against Villareal?
Due credit to Munich though, I must admit, you have some exciting youth coming through the ranks but then yu're still in the position Manure was in England before the introduction of the 90 minute rule and that is why yu'll always be a power in Germany when you can always get the best talents from most other clubs in Germany. Muller, Badstuber and Kroos are definitely going to be exceptional. I havent seen much of Alaba, but then he is still young.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 5:56pm On Apr 28, 2010
duduspace:

Hmmmnh, to be honest I can't say, he did go out and shell out for the likes of Thierry, Kanu, Reyes and others before the transfer market went all crazy, his position has always been about buying at the right price. Just imagine if we had spent 20m for Melo last season and he turned in a stinker of a season like he did at Juve?
Agreed, Melo woulda been a waste altogether but whats stopped him from "going out of his shell" to get players Chamakh,Given and the others?

duduspace:

If Diaby had played like he did last season, I would have seconded you in this but then he did put on that impressive run of games mid-season before reverting to something only a little bit better than last season's form. Definitely one to keep around in the squad at present if he goes on from there however competition might do him some good.
AM & DM wise, Song & Nasri have outshone him this season (I have my reasons for NOT wanting to mention Denilson). . .He can't tackle, isn't dominating aerially. .takes too much time than allowed on the ball, EASILY dispossessed (bad attribute for a MF), EVEN Eastmond bossed the MF better than him in the game against Wigan

Let's see the so-called "new signings" he makes. . God keep us alive till then.

@DK
You won, get over it  tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2010
The Arsenal team that played Villareal in Spain

Lehmann(37), Eboue(23), Toure(26), Campbell(32), Flamini(22), Hleb(25), Fabregas(19), Silva(30), Ljungberg(29), Reyes(23), Henry(29)

The only difference being Pires and Cole vs Reyes and Flamini

Still In the Arsenal lineup Only one player was 22 years and less, In the Bayern line up we have 3.

Contento is the LB and 19years. He just got a pro contract in January with Mehmut Ekici

Alaba has already been capped by Austria and he is a prodigous midfielder. Played as a LB in Florence where the rascist Italian fans were booing him but he hardly put a foot wrong.

In the final, The changes that we can have baring injuries are Mario Gomez(25), Pranjic(28) Ribery (26) is out
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 7:08pm On Apr 28, 2010
dayokanu:

The Arsenal team that played Villareal in Spain

Lehmann(37), Eboue(23), Toure(26), Campbell(32), Flamini(22), Hleb(25), Fabregas(19), Silva(30), Ljungberg(29), Reyes(23), Henry(29)

The only difference being Pires and Cole vs Reyes and Flamini

Still In the Arsenal lineup Only one player was 22 years and less, In the Bayern line up we have 3.

Contento is the LB and 19years. He just got a pro contract in January with Mehmut Ekici

Alaba has already been capped by Austria and he is a prodigous midfielder. Played as a LB in Florence where the rascist Italian fans were booing him but he hardly put a foot wrong.

In the final, The changes that we can have baring injuries are Mario Gomez(25), Pranjic(28) Ribery (26) is out

Nope, Eboue, Flamini and Reyes were all 22 at that time making it 4 players 22 and under. Toure was 25 and Hleb was 24.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2010
duduspace:

The clearest Le Prof has been about improving the squad, so we can basically expect to know our squad for next season before the WC kicks off bar possible injuries during the tournament.

Unbelievable - that ANYONE in his right mind will believe the nonsense Wenger is saying is a clear sign of history continuing to repeat itself.

The same Wenger who claimed we 'had to buy' a striker in Januaryy, only to cop out saying he was waiting for Bendtner's injury a few weeks later?

Which season have we not heard these same bland comments? Wenger will 'sign' someone - maybe one player and let another two go, leaving us weaker than we were in the beginning.

Improving the squad my foot - just you wait another two months and he'll start claiming that the returning Cesc, Vermaelen, Almunia, Gibbs and even Djourou are 'new signings'.

One more thing, there will always be a failure to point to that was worse than yours to excuse mediocrity. The best sides look ahead of themselves and seek to improve and are not content with stagnating endlessly and going on their worse run of 20 years all in the name of being 'sustainable'.

Nuff said - that is my piece for today, no long winded rebuttals needed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2010
v3:

Agreed, Melo woulda been a waste altogether but whats stopped him from "going out of his shell" to get players Chamakh,Given and the others?
AM & DM wise, Song & Nasri have outshone him this season (I have my reasons for NOT wanting to mention Denilson). . .He can't tackle, isn't dominating aerially. .takes too much time than allowed on the ball, EASILY dispossessed (bad attribute for a MF), EVEN Eastmond bossed the MF better than him in the game against Wigan
Diaby has his positives and negatives but at present I think he is a good squad member to have and funny enough I think he is actually still improving, some players don't really get it all together until they are quite matured. A good example older heads point at is Zizou who was said to be a frustrating player like Diaby until he got into his mid 20s when he blossomed at Juventus. My early memories of him at Euro 96 were mixed but I remember then that my elder brother didn't like him and a younger Del Pierro was the star of the 96 Juve team. Zizou really came into his own in France 98 when he was 26.
If he continues improving, he'll be immense and I don't expect him to be any worse than he has been this season. Definitely not one I'll mark down for the chop, but don't let me get started on Theo lest his supporters descend on me.

v3:

Let's see the so-called "new signings" he makes. . God keep us alive till then.

Exciting isn't ? though I still don't expect more than 3 signings at the most but they'll be good ones, not sure about known names though.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2010
debosky:

Unbelievable - that ANYONE in his right mind will believe the nonsense Wenger is saying is a clear sign of history continuing to repeat itself.

The same Wenger who claimed we 'had to buy' a striker in January, only to cop out saying he was waiting for Bendtner's injury a few weeks later?

Which season have we not heard these same bland comments? Wenger will 'sign' someone - maybe one player and let another two go, leaving us weaker than we were in the beginning.

Not so unbelievable that a despondent person will be unable to distinguish between "We are looking" and "We are talking", get well soon Debo.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2010
Like v3 said, God spare us till that time - I will be here to quote your comments and hear the excuses you will make then.

Wenger will sign at most ONE player who can add anything to this team - any more signings will be more of selling the unrealisable 'future' nonsense. We've seen it before and we will see it again. Even though the one will be added, at least ONE player will leave and we will be right back where we started if not worse.

Wenger should simply shut up, do his job and talk with results - we are sick and tired of the same empty comments with no action to back it up.

Get well? If that means becoming satisfied with this mediocrity like you are then no thanks.

I state it again, anyone listening to the rubbish Wenger says is fooling himself. He will always give nice sound bites, but we will never see it in action. Judge him by his actions and don't be fooled by the same regurgitated nonsense.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 7:46pm On Apr 28, 2010
Thats just splitting hairs

Eboue would be 23 in 2 weeks time as at the time the matches were played

In the same vein of reasoning as you, Lahm is 26, Butt is 35, Schweini 25, Olic is 30 which still lowers the average age of the bayern team below Arsenals that played the semi finals or the finals.

You said it here sometimes back that 21yrs is the threshold yet you are picking players above it any player over 21 is not a youth according to GAYYners on this thread.

The bottom line is the Bayern team that qualified for the CL finals is way younger than Arsenals
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2010
Debo, Why is my thread not on the front page

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 22nd March 2015 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool : FA Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.