Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? (2799 Views)

I've Started Bleaching Coz Girls Like Fair Guys More(photo) / Between Boobs And Ass Which One physically Attracts Guys More. / Why Are Bearded Guys More Attractive Than Clean Shaven Ones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Bettyfair09(f): 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
This video caused a serious controversy in my work place today.

What do you guys think?

Are women really attracted to the bad guys more than the good guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9t9AydTwa8
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Divay22(f): 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2017
It all depends on your definition of bad..
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Pusyiter(m): 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
Women are really attracted to the bad guys because the good ones do not know the bad guyz but only used to their fellow good guyz
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by kingxsamz(m): 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
I guess so
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by fridayabdullahi(m): 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
Some women prefer bad guys but not all women. Morethan 80% prefer rich, goodlooking, humble, passionate, hardworking, God fearing men etc.
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by FemiEddy(m): 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bad guys always get the girls, Good guys always come last , never forget! Been a bad guy has an entirely different meaning tho
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
Yes. Bad guys got more babes...
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by fridayabdullahi(m): 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
ajohkeh:
Yes. Bad guys got more babes...
example of the bad guys please!!
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by liab: 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
they feel more secure with bad guys
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by fridayabdullahi(m): 11:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
liab:
they feel more secure with bad guys
am not a bad guy but a got alot of girls around.
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by DarkRebel69: 11:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
If that video – triffling as it is – stirred a "controversy" in your office on a working-day, then it's either you and your colleagues were tremendously idle or aren't very serious-minded. Or perhaps your usage of the word "controversy" is only a pointer to your innate proclivity to being unrepentantly exaggerative.

Whichever it is, I've never believed that women are more attracted to bad guys than to the goody-fifteen-shoes. That false god of a notion is but like all other ill-conceived stereotypes, many of which are commonplace in society – stereotypes like: "all Calabar girls are inexorable nymphomaniacs". "All Yoruba girls are dirty". "All Igbo men are wanton money-lovers".

Osama Bin Laden, Ted Bundy, John Wilkes Booth, Issei Sagawa, Clifford Örgy, and Jim Moriarty (fictional character) – all these men were "bad" in the conventional and worldly sense. Would you purport that a greater percentage of the female demographic would feel more attracted to these set of "bad" men than to decent men such as, Will Smith, Mark Zukerberg, Leonardo Di Caprio, and Michael Scofield (fictional character)?

Surely a woman who out of her own volition prefers the men in the first group must indeed be one fraught with a reckless idea of romance, or probably is just as psychologically messed-up as those men themselves. It's worth bringing to notice that Ted Bundy – a deceased American serial killer – received tons of "marriage proposals" from different women while he was being held in custody and awaiting trial. I'd like to believe that these set of women are "outliers" and not the norm, and that they must have had some sort of mania for "serial-killers"; and that they constitute only a soupçon of the female population.

Attraction might be something that we cannot entirely control, but what's controllable is whether or not we eventually cave in to that primal and visceral impulse of attraction.

And, what's your definition of "good" and "bad"? Do you mean "bad" to be "Hannibal Lecter type of bad", or do you interpret it to mean "living on the fast lane type of bad"?

Have you also considered the fact that no man is ever only purely good or only purely bad, but that human beings are more often than not an admixture of both "good and bad"? Human beings are too complex, too nuanced, for a person to be boxed into a single, fixated category. Nah, nah, nah... Life isn't black and white; it's black, white, and a legion of polychromic in-betweens.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Bettyfair09(f): 12:11am On Aug 24, 2017
DarkRebel69:
If that video – triffling as it is – stirred a "controversy" in your office on a working-day, then it's either you and your colleagues were tremendously idle or aren't very serious-minded. Or perhaps your usage of the word "controversy" is only a pointer to your innate proclivity to being unrepentantly exaggerative.

Whichever it is, I've never believed that women are more attracted to bad guys than to the goody-fifteen-shoes. That false god of a notion is but like all other ill-conceived stereotypes, many of which are commonplace in society – stereotypes like: "all Calabar girls are inexorable nymophomaniacs". "All Yoruba girls are dirty". "All Igbo men are wanton money-lovers".

Osama Bin Laden, Ted Bundy, John Wilkes Booth, Issei Sagawa, Clifford Örgy, and Jim Moriarty (fictional character) – all these men were "bad" in the conventional and worldly sense. Would you purport that a greater percentage of the female demographic would feel more attracted to these set of "bad" men than to decent men such as, Will Smith, Mark Zukerberg, Leonardo Di Caprio, and Michael Scofield (fictional character)?

Surely a woman who out of her own volition prefers the men in the first group must indeed be one fraught with a reckless idea of romance, or probably is just as psychologically messed-up as those men themselves. It's worth bringing to notice that Ted Bundy – a deceased American serial killer – received tons of "marriage proposals" from different women while he was being held in custody and awaiting trial. I'd like to believe that these set of women are "outliers" and not the norm, and that they must have had some sort of mania for "serial-killers"; and that they constitute only a soupçon of the female population.

Attraction might be something that we cannot entirely control, but what's controllable is whether or not we eventually cave in to that primal and visceral impulse of attraction.

And, what's your definition of "good" and "bad"? Do you mean "bad" to be "Hannibal Lecter type of bad", or do you interpret it to mean "living on the fast lane type of bad"?

Have you also considered the fact that no man is ever only purely good or only purely bad, but that human beings are more often than not an admixture of both "good and bad"? Human beings are too complex, too nuanced, for a person to be boxed into a single, fixated category. Nah, nah, nah... Life isn't black and white; it's black, white, and a legion of polychromic in-betweens.

This would have made lots of sense if your message was simple for everyone to comprehend. And saying that me and my colleagues are not serious minded on a working day wasn't called for too. I wonder what happened to break hours in the office.

Work towards making your posts simple for your audience...it will be of great help!

4 Likes

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Zeze06(m): 6:49am On Aug 24, 2017
Its true and I know why....
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Zeze06(m): 6:51am On Aug 24, 2017
cry
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Dillusionist(m): 6:51am On Aug 24, 2017
if you are a bad guy,,better start changing your ways cos you will only be attracted to what you are..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 24, 2017
Bettyfair09:

This would have made lots of sense if your message was simple for everyone to comprehend. And saying that me and my colleagues are not serious minded on a working day wasn't called for too. I wonder what happened to break hours in the office.

Work towards making your posts simple for your audience...it will be of great help!

I believe his post is simple and elaborate enough for any educated person to read & understand. And I presume you are educated, since you "work" as an employee in a work place, except of course your level of education wasn't a criteria for employment.

Actually, if most people on NL wrote as beautifully and comprehensively as he did, this forum would be more educative.

1 Like

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 24, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Whichever it is, I've never believed that women are more attracted to bad guys than to the goody-fifteen-shoes. That false god of a notion is but like all other ill-conceived stereotypes, many of which are commonplace in society – stereotypes like: "all Calabar girls are inexorable nymophomaniacs". "All Yoruba girls are dirty". "All Igbo men are wanton money-lovers".

ha

1 Like

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by donMIG(m): 7:33am On Aug 24, 2017
Gud guys r b0rin....bad guys r tempting..... Eg d trump
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 24, 2017
Who's a bad guy and who's a good guy?
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Bettyfair09(f): 7:41am On Aug 24, 2017
DouglasH92:

I believe his post is simple and elaborate enough for any educated person to read & understand. And I presume you are educated, since you "work" as an employee in a work place, except of course your level of education wasn't a criteria for employment.

Actually, if most people on NL wrote as beautifully and comprehensively as he did, this forum would be more educative.

You just left me wondering why you didn't write like him in this your reply...maybe you ain't educated too!

This is the reason why people criticize Hon. Patrick.

1 Like

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Bettyfair09(f): 7:42am On Aug 24, 2017
Bigboyz32:
Who's a bad guy and who's a good guy?
I think the video can help you with the answers you seek.
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 24, 2017
Should I say most girls are confused? undecided...because most of them love the ones that beat them up alot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Prettyenit18(f): 8:12am On Aug 24, 2017
Women are attracted to confidence, most bad guys have confidence which gives women a sense of security. That's the attraction. Please good guys learn to have confidence oh, we prefer you to the bad guys.

1 Like

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2017
Good or bad, fvcks ain't giving, have money a d get the girls of your life undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by DarkRebel69: 8:20am On Aug 24, 2017
Nma27:
ha

Then why did you quote it? Flagrant leap of logic.
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by KevinDein: 8:26am On Aug 24, 2017
Preshiee:
Should I say most girls are confused? undecided...because most of them love the ones that beat them up alot
Lol
Or the ones that torture them emotionally. Yes y'all most are confused grin

1 Like

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 24, 2017
Bettyfair09:

You just left me wondering why you didn't write like him in this your reply...maybe you ain't educated too!

This is the reason why people criticize Hon. Patrick.

At least I am educated enough to comprehend and appreciate good writing, rather than whining about how difficult it is to comprehend.

And there is nothing reminiscent of Hon. Patrick in his writing. If you got a transcript of Hon. Patrick's speeches, it would appear as a hodgepodge of extremely rare and unfamiliar vocabulary, cobbled up in a way that bears no similarity to what anyone would describe as beautiful writing.

You created a thread demanding responses to your question and someone presented inarguably the best response you can get on such an over flogged and redundant question, and all you could do was complain about how it was too difficult for you and everyone like you to comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Rucheen(m): 8:29am On Aug 24, 2017
A lady once said she wants her man to be in charge of the relationship not a puppet

Also check HARDON Dating Drills.

I don't want to be a good guy
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by DarkRebel69: 8:42am On Aug 24, 2017
Bettyfair09:

More leaps of logic.

I.) How did you know that my post wasn't simple enough for everyone to comprehend? Are you some sort of mind-reader? A psychic? A mentalist? Was that claim punted forward after you had accessed the cognitive capability of every single member of this forum? Or did you use your sub-par grasp of the English Language as an index in making a generalized assessment of the literacy prowess of all members of this forum?

II.) I didn't outrightly tag you and your colleagues as "un-serious-minded". It wasn't a statement made with certainty. It was a high-probability guess and you proved I was not entirely wrong when in this post you said, "What happened to break-hours?"
Et Voila! Break-hours are usually a time for idleness, so you see, mademoiselle, I wasn't completely wide off the mark. kiss

DouglasH92:

Aha! Thank you.

I'm of the opinion that many members of this forum aren't educated enough to tell the difference between 'a body of post put across with forensic eloquence' and a 'post that is unnecesarily wordy and show-offy'.
Whenever they come across a person with a markedly distinct style of writing and who makes painstaking efforts to not write in the manner common with many millenials on social media – e.g. in abbreviations, in incomplete sentences, etc. – their first port of call is the well-worn argument that one is not being "simple in speech".

I fear for the mental outlook of the generations to come.
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by DarkRebel69: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2017
Prettyenit18:
Women are attracted to confidence, most bad guys have confidence which gives women a sense of security. That's the attraction. Please good guys learn to have confidence oh, we prefer you to the bad guys.

There's an estimated population of 4,776,294,273 men in the world? So when you say "most bad guys have confidence", are you insinuating that you have:

I.) Dated all of those 4,776,294,273 men?

II.) Had a one-on-one relationship with all of those 4,776,294,273 men?

III.) Conducted an extensive survey on that estimated figure which led you to the conclusion that there are more confident bad guys in the world than there are confident good guys?

Or is this merely an extension of the market-women type of reasoning that's prevalent on Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Bettyfair09(f): 8:55am On Aug 24, 2017
DouglasH92:

At least I am educated enough to comprehend and appreciate good writing, rather than whining about how difficult it is to comprehend.

And there is nothing reminiscent of Hon. Patrick in his writing. If you got a transcript of Hon. Patrick's speeches, it would appear as a hodgepodge of extremely rare and unfamiliar vocabulary, cobbled up in a way that bears no similarity to what anyone would describe as beautiful writing.

You created a thread demanding responses to your question and someone presented inarguably the best response you can get on such an over flogged and redundant question, and all you could do was complain about how it was too difficult for you and everyone like you to comprehend.

Thank God you acknowledge the simple fact that the thread was created for response and not for some people(like you) to come and showcase their Hon. Pat's writing style.

You are here to bad-mouth (just like many Nairalanders do).

1 Like

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Bettyfair09(f): 9:01am On Aug 24, 2017
DarkRebel69:

More leaps of logic.

I.) How did you know that my post wasn't simple enough for everyone to comprehend? Are you some sort of mind-reader? A psychic? A mentalist? Was that claim punted forward after you had accessed the cognitive capability of every single member of this forum? Or did you use your sub-par grasp of the English Language as an index in making a generalized assessment of the literacy prowess of all members of this forum?

II.) I didn't outrightly tag you and your colleagues as "un-serious-minded". It wasn't a statement made with certainty. It was a high-probability guess and you proved I was not entirely wrong when in this post you said, "What happened to break-hours'?
Et Voila! Break-hours is usually a time for idleness, so you see, mademoiselle, I wasn't completely wide off the mark. kiss

See how serious you are right now! This is equally working hours and you are here quoting upandan.

**SMH***

Please always make your write-ups simple enough for the less educated ones to comprehend.

Remember there's no NL award for such display.

Aha! Thank you.

I'm of the opinion that many members of this forum aren't educated enough to tell the difference between 'a body of post put across with forensic eloquence' and a 'post that is unnecesarily wordy and show-offy'.
Whenever they come across a person with a markedly distinct style of writing and who makes painstaking efforts to not write in the manner common with many millenials on social media – e.g. in abbreviations, in incomplete sentences, etc. – their first port of call is the well-worn argument that one is not being "simple in speech".

I fear for the mental outlook of the generations to come.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Me Or Iphone 8 ?,check Me Out / How Do I Tell Her I Don't Love Her / Go Into Your Room And Lock Your Door Before Watching This Very Hot Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.