Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,727 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? (2878 Views)

I've Started Bleaching Coz Girls Like Fair Guys More(photo) / Between Boobs And Ass Which One physically Attracts Guys More. / Why Are Bearded Guys More Attractive Than Clean Shaven Ones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by butterfly777(m): 9:38am On Aug 24, 2017
When people say girls like bad guys, its usually misleading, but heck, its closer to the truth. Girls/ladies like guys who dont feel bound by social rules or norms. Remember, it takes bravery to be different or defiant. And because the society preaches obedience and conformity, the brave who do not conform to the societal expectationt are called 'bad' by the docile ,overly conformist horde, even when the 'bad boys' have hurt no one. This is how brave people get to be called bad.

Now, why do girls love 'bad boys'?

This is how it works. The law of nature is survival of the fittest. Life is full of struggles and the brave are the ones who confront the odds and get protection and food supplies for their mates. This accounts for the natural-primal instinct of the females to be attracted to the brave boys notwithstanding that the docile-overlyobedient- masses have badnamed them. Even the girls themselves will be calling you 'bad boy' yet they cant control their attraction to you . It is natural and instinctive.

There are the really bad people in the society. These are the people who commit crime and hurt others. Everyone including girls avoid them.
We also have the people called 'nice guys' in dating parlance. They are the obedient, conformist, approval seeking guys. They are not as brave, hence not attrative.
Many 'bad guys' are usually good guys who will not allow themselves to be controlled by the the female folks or the society. Many decent men fall into this category.

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 24, 2017
I'm attracted to good guys.

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by digglevictor(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2017
DarkRebel69:

There's an estimated population of 4,776,294,273 men in the world? So when you say "most bad guys have confidence", are you insinuating that you have:

I.) Dated all of those 4,776,294,273 men?

II.) Had a one-on-one relationship with all of those 4,776,294,273 men?

III.) Conducted an extensive survey on that estimated figure which led you to the conclusion that there are more confident bad guys in the world than there are confident good guys?

Or is this merely an extension of the market-women type of reasoning that's prevalent on Nairaland?
grin guy ...you're a savage
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Prettyenit18(f): 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
undecided If I say most Nigerian mothers breastfeed their babies, does that mean I have gone house by house to conduct an extensive survey?
Or had one on one relationship with all breast feeding mother's in Nigeria? The answer is NO, because its an obvious fact.
I have not said anything wrong or hurtful. And I do not have market woman type of reasoning!

DarkRebel69:

There's an estimated population of 4,776,294,273 men in the world? So when you say "most bad guys have confidence", are you insinuating that you have:

I.) Dated all of those 4,776,294,273 men?

II.) Had a one-on-one relationship with all of those 4,776,294,273 men?

III.) Conducted an extensive survey on that estimated figure which led you to the conclusion that there are more confident bad guys in the world than there are confident good guys?

Or is this merely an extension of the market-women type of reasoning that's prevalent on Nairaland?
Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by rose54321: 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
Not really. It's just a large proportion of bad guys package wella, alot better than good guys. .
They tend to have muscles and look fresh.
Most good guys eh, they are just there.

1 Like

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by deafeyez: 9:16pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dillusionist:
if you are a bad guy,,better start changing your ways cos you will only be attracted to what you are..

Ironically, bad guys only implies doing things in your way and telling ladies what u want to tell them and more importantly, using indirect approach on ladies through communication.
No lady likes a thief or an armed robber.

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Really Attracted To The Bad Guys More Than The Good Guys? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2019
DarkRebel69:
If that video – triffling as it is – stirred a "controversy" in your office on a working-day, then it's either you and your colleagues were tremendously idle or aren't very serious-minded. Or perhaps your usage of the word "controversy" is only a pointer to your innate proclivity to being unrepentantly exaggerative.

Whichever it is, I've never believed that women are more attracted to bad guys than to the goody-fifteen-shoes. That false god of a notion is but like all other ill-conceived stereotypes, many of which are commonplace in society – stereotypes like: "all Calabar girls are inexorable nymphomaniacs". "All Yoruba girls are dirty". "All Igbo men are wanton money-lovers".

Osama Bin Laden, Ted Bundy, John Wilkes Booth, Issei Sagawa, Clifford Örgy, and Jim Moriarty (fictional character) – all these men were "bad" in the conventional and worldly sense. Would you purport that a greater percentage of the female demographic would feel more attracted to these set of "bad" men than to decent men such as, Will Smith, Mark Zukerberg, Leonardo Di Caprio, and Michael Scofield (fictional character)?

Surely a woman who out of her own volition prefers the men in the first group must indeed be one fraught with a reckless idea of romance, or probably is just as psychologically messed-up as those men themselves. It's worth bringing to notice that Ted Bundy – a deceased American serial killer – received tons of "marriage proposals" from different women while he was being held in custody and awaiting trial. I'd like to believe that these set of women are "outliers" and not the norm, and that they must have had some sort of mania for "serial-killers"; and that they constitute only a soupçon of the female population.

Attraction might be something that we cannot entirely control, but what's controllable is whether or not we eventually cave in to that primal and visceral impulse of attraction.

And, what's your definition of "good" and "bad"? Do you mean "bad" to be "Hannibal Lecter type of bad", or do you interpret it to mean "living on the fast lane type of bad"?

Have you also considered the fact that no man is ever only purely good or only purely bad, but that human beings are more often than not an admixture of both "good and bad"? Human beings are too complex, too nuanced, for a person to be boxed into a single, fixated category. Nah, nah, nah... Life isn't black and white; it's black, white, and a legion of polychromic in-betweens.
You're a very good writer!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Our Family Driver Dis-virgined Me,turned Me Into Nymphomaniac / Am Thinking Of Sleeping With Other Men To See How It Tastes B4 Marrying My BF / To All Free Thinking Female Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.