Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,578 members, 7,816,426 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

How To Identify True Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Identify True Love (599 Views)

Good Morning- Can You Identify True Love. / How Will You Identify True Love When You Come Across It / How To Identify Lesbian Ladies In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify True Love by Sokere8: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2017
What is love? Love is a choice to commit to helping, respecting and caring for another. Love is willingly taking up a responsibility to love, cherish and sacrifice selflessly for the betterment of another person not minding if the person deserves it or not.  It is an everlasting commitment.                

Lust on the other hand, is a thought or a strong feeling you conceive to do something immoral.  It is a desire to benefit from the other person. It is usually propelled by what we see or perceive about the individual. This could be the beauty, intelligence, character, abilities, status quo, or money.

Below are some contrasting features between love and lust.

1. Lust is ignited with the flames of sexual passion. It burns off and dies as soon as it is gratified. When it speaks, it focuses on sensuality, carnality and worldly passion. However, love can't be burnt by fire instead it glows in it. Unlike lust, love language only edifies and improves life.

2. Lust is impatient and could lead to premarital or extramarital sex. I know of a married man who cheated on his wife with the reason that she just gave birth and couldn't have sex with him. Meanwhile he wasn't ready to wait for her recovery so he used his ex girlfriend to relieve his urge at that time. He was caught and the marriage was ruined. But love is patient and respects vows of commitment.

3. Lust can thrive for long but cannot sufficiently build a long lasting relationship. However, true love is the best foundation for any successful relationship once it’s exclusively mutual.

4. Lust deafens and blinds you to the possible consequences of your actions. It separates you from God and isolates you from good friends. Love makes your life better, it makes you get closer to God and help you build meaningful relationship amongst friends, families and associates.

5. Lust makes you confused and indecisive “I love him but he beats me”, “I love him, I don’t want to lose him but he’s harsh, rude, proud and so on”. That's confusion. It affects your sense of judgment and you will end up making mistakes.

6. You lose NOTHING in love even if the relationship doesn’t lead to marriage but in lust, you lose either something or many things. When lust is over you  feel USED by the other person.

Continue reading here >>>

http://www.soniasblog.com/2017/08/how-to-identify-true-love.html

Follow us on www.soniasblog.com
Re: How To Identify True Love by Nwodosis(m): 9:21am On Aug 25, 2017
True love is a fiction it doesn't exist.
Re: How To Identify True Love by tosyne2much(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2017
Nwodosis:
Who told you that?
Re: How To Identify True Love by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 25, 2017
Nwodosis:
True love exist. tested and trusted. But its hard to find nowadays.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify True Love by SydneyBrown(f): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nwodosis:

Say who??
Re: How To Identify True Love by DarkMagic(m): 12:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
undecided
Re: How To Identify True Love by femolacqua(m): 12:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
Sokere8:
What is love? Love is a choice to commit to helping, respecting and caring for another. Love is willingly taking up a responsibility to love, cherish and sacrifice selflessly for the betterment of another person not minding if the person deserves it or not.  It is an everlasting commitment.                

Lust on the other hand, is a thought or a strong feeling you conceive to do something immoral.  It is a desire to benefit from the other person. It is usually propelled by what we see or perceive about the individual. This could be the beauty, intelligence, character, abilities, status quo, or money.

Below are some contrasting features between love and lust.

1. Lust is ignited with the flames of sexual passion. It burns off and dies as soon as it is gratified. When it speaks, it focuses on sensuality, carnality and worldly passion. However, love can't be burnt by fire instead it glows in it. Unlike lust, love language only edifies and improves life.

2. Lust is impatient and could lead to premarital or extramarital sex. I know of a married man who cheated on his wife with the reason that she just gave birth and couldn't have sex with him. Meanwhile he wasn't ready to wait for her recovery so he used his ex girlfriend to relieve his urge at that time. He was caught and the marriage was ruined. But love is patient and respects vows of commitment.

3. Lust can thrive for long but cannot sufficiently build a long lasting relationship. However, true love is the best foundation for any successful relationship once it’s exclusively mutual.

4. Lust deafens and blinds you to the possible consequences of your actions. It separates you from God and isolates you from good friends. Love makes your life better, it makes you get closer to God and help you build meaningful relationship amongst friends, families and associates.

5. Lust makes you confused and indecisive “I love him but he beats me”, “I love him, I don’t want to lose him but he’s harsh, rude, proud and so on”. That's confusion. It affects your sense of judgment and you will end up making mistakes.

6. You lose NOTHING in love even if the relationship doesn’t lead to marriage but in lust, you lose either something or many things. When lust is over you  feel USED by the other person.

Continue reading here >>>

http://www.soniasblog.com/2017/08/how-to-identify-true-love.html

Follow us on www.soniasblog.com
Good write up

(1) (Reply)

7 Tips To Prevent Infidelity In Relationship And Your Dating Life / Entertainmentyoung Lady’s Birthday Balloon & Photos Got Online Users Talking / Woman Goes Mad After Hot ‘knacking’ With Rich Man In A Hotel In (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.