Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,187 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (80068 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them / Joyce Oyedepo And Abimbola Olaleye Wedding (Pictures) / Throwback Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Wife, Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by Azam101: 10:17pm On Aug 25, 2017
Tithes collector
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by BluntBoy(m): 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
excelglory:

You no read your bible well bluntboy

Jesus was never poor and beggarly in the scripture

You people have a problem. Is there no middle ground between rich and poor? Who said Jesus was poor or beggarly? Jesus was not rich nor poor. John the Baptist was neither rich nor poor yet he didn't starve. All the prophets of old were neither rich nor poor yet they never lacked. Paul said he has learnt contentment. He begged Timothy never to be like those who chase after wealth. He preached contentment.

Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by BluntBoy(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
Okies27:
. No scripture points to them as fraud, except your own lack of understanding. You quote a scripture and directs it to him shows you don't have an understanding of your Bible.
Read the scriptures I gave you and check the names I gave you and see if it's wrong to be rich as a man of God?
A church that has grown into millions world wide and you are saying how many souls have been saved? They are waving stronger and you think souls aren't being saved? Pls, I hope you are not one of those whom the gods of this world has blinded, hearing you don't understand n seeing you don't see? Testing spirit doesn't mean you come out and criticize men of God. If you have tested n seen one fake one, you stay away from him n not by coming to social media to cast aspersions.
I can no longer argue this topic with you and if you feel they are fake, mind your own business. Moreover, you are not a member of the church he preaches to, so are you worrying about him and his members? Or are you more learned than the chief justices, doctors, lawyers, change atheist who are planted in his congregation? Be guided I repeat. Have a good night rest. And I will appreciate you don't mention me anymore.

Laziness is the major problem of you lots. There is nothing like mind your business in the body of Christ. No wonder you have all been reduced to sitting ducks in the flock. You neither counter decisions or want to know how tithes and offerings are spent. Your responsibilities as a Christian is not to be a listener every Sunday. You must learn to demand accountability and transparency.

Now, to the topic, if you would take your time to read your bible, you would see the structure put in place for the Church by the Holy Spirit. The idea of a one man church is unbiblical and church where a human being is at the centre is not a church. Any church were certain people take the best seats and places for themselves and reduce the flocks to mere watchers and listeners is not a Church. We have been told to expect the likes of Oyedepo who would make merchandise of the gospel. We have also been told that many will be led astray because these men would have sweet tongues, so I am not surprised that their followers are growing daily. Broad is the way that leads to destruction. There is a difference between winning souls and winning a crowd.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 11:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
ibtz:

Their own version it is evident dat u av no knowledge abt the Prophet. ur view is clearly bigoted

Yes, their own version. All muslims don't interpret the quran the same way. True or false?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 11:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
ibtz:

Is it d over 1.6 billion muslims in d world dat exhibit dis behaviour? d ppl dat do that(boko, taliban, alqaeda, isis) are less dan 0.1% of the total muslim population (do d math). FACT: DEY HAVE KILLED MORE muslims dan non-muslims. if dey kill muslims(which happens most of d tym) it is just anoda bombing or killing as a normal tin as seen by d world but if dey kill non muslims den d world will be awake. Dere are countless, countless times dat muslims have condemned extremists, but d media doesnt carry dat. Y use minority to judge majority. if islam was intolerant towards non Muslims, oyedepo will not smell dubai at all. Nor will christians live in northern nigeria because it is predominantly muslim. But if not for hypocrisy u will defend bigotry.

Tell me one difference between what these four groups you mentioned do that is different from what the founder of their religion did in his time.

Just one difference!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
Lancelott:
I am disappointed in your reasoning. the Bible said to remove the speck in your eye before the log in another man's eye. Nigeria is burning and he's giving relief to Sierra Leone, does that sound logical? How many times has he come out to call out a bad leader in the country directly? There are people in IDP's in our country, people suffering, orphaned children, children with no access to education, yet he's quelling the storm in another man's country. Why give out scholarships abroad when his school is one of the most expensive and a no go area? What if the person you are accusing of using an expensive phone is using a second hand phone of 10k? His poverty of before should humble him and make him see the need for affordability not the other way round.
Oh my! I tire for u ppl
Where in the bible did you see Paul calling out a bad leader This is a democracy, the responsibility to choose a leader is in ur hands so choose the right one and not wait for Oyedepo.

Secondly, there is no such thing as a Nigerian church. A church is global and must be global in relevance. It is biblically incorrect to prioritize one nation over the other. Also do not forget that LFC is heavily present in African countries.

Thirdly, whether he gave to idp or not how would you know. If Oyedepo transfers 200 million naira now to NEMA now would you know? Oyedepo is not obligated to reveal his gifts or offerings neither is an organization obligated to reveal the receipt of such.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 12:14am On Aug 26, 2017
9inches:

Tell me one difference between what these four groups you mentioned do that is different from what the founder of their religion did in his time.

Just one difference!
First and foremost, go and read d Prophet's history, u will av a clearer view. its so easy for u to be prejudicial.

Secondly, the wars fought btwn the Prophet's time was btwn d muslims and arab pagans at d tym who sought to kill him in mecca, not CHRISTIANS AND JEWS wu lived with him PEACEFULLY in medina.

Mind you he preached in mecca for ten years for d ARAB pagans to drop idol worship, and worship one God The God of Abraham. His followers were tortured, mercilessly killed and maimed. Afta dat his uncle Abu talib who had been protecting him died. This gave d arab pagans a clear chance to kill him but they failed and he escaped to medina but the arab pagans followed suit essentially given birth to d wars as ordained by God to protect themselves against d arab pagans comin to kill dem. dats y u av verses like Quran 2:190 i quote;

And fight in the way of Allah those WHO FIGHT YOU, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allah likes not the transgressors .

So the Prophet Muhammad only fought dose wars as act of self defense, to collect back their seized possessions and belongings and to eradicate idol worship bound by the limits i.e do not kill women and children, do not uproot trees, do not destroy oda peoples places of worship, only fight dose who fight u first and if they cease u shud cease.

Isis, Al-Qaeda, Boko etc take dis verses and quote dem halfway den ppl think think dey have their basis in islam. BUT THEY DONT. They do not represent muslims or av basis in islam.

METHODS OF DIS TERRORISTS

1.SUICIDE
2.KILLING women and children

3. destroying people's place of worship
4. killing innocent people
5. enforce islam on odas

The Prophet Muhammad never did any of d above.

[Quran 16:125]
Invite all to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching, and argue with them in ways that are the best. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 12:30am On Aug 26, 2017
9inches:

Yes, their own version. All muslims don't interpret the quran the same way. True or false?

its not interpretation, its quoting halflly to satisfy their blood thirsty evil selves.

read dis please!!!!

A Factual reply to the "Boko Haram" Nonsense!

BOKO HARAM and oda terrorists VS RELIGION OF ISLAM

1. The Boko Haram kidnapp girls and force them to change their religion.
While
Islam says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion.....” (Qur’an 2:256)

2. The Boko Haram have forcefully married off girls.
While
Islam says: ".....Do not inherit women against their will....." (Qur’an 4:19)

3. The Boko Haram are aggressive towards those who do not follow their beliefs.
While
Islam says: “IF IT HAD BEEN YOUR LORD’S WILL, all of the people on Earth would have believed [in one religion]….” (Quran 10:99)

4. The Boko Haram have murdered thousands of Muslims and Christians alike in cold blood.
While
Islam says: “….If any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people...” (Quran 5:32)

5. The Boko Haram use the cover of Islam to commit their mayhem and claim they are doing ALLAH'S work or JIHAD (HOLY WAR).
While
Islam says: “…… BUT DO NOT TRANSGRESS LIMITS; FOR GOD LOVES NOT TRANSGRESSORS.” (Qur’an 2:190)"

6. The Boko Haram believe once you are not with them you are an enemy to them.
While
Islam says: “O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other)......” (Quran 49:13)

7. The Boko Haram have unleashed tyranny and indecency in the land.
While
Islam says: “God commands justice and doing good and giving to relatives. And He forbids indecency and doing wrong and tyranny....” (Quran 16:90)

Finally, upon all their false claims it is clear to see that Boko Haram do not represent Islam in any way because, they are acting against Islam.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 1:22am On Aug 26, 2017
ibtz:

its not interpretation, its quoting halflly to satisfy their blood thirsty evil selves.

read dis please!!!!

A Factual reply to the "Boko Haram" Nonsense!

BOKO HARAM and oda terrorists VS RELIGION OF ISLAM

1. The Boko Haram kidnapp girls and force them to change their religion.
While
Islam says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion.....” (Qur’an 2:256)

2. The Boko Haram have forcefully married off girls.
While
Islam says: ".....Do not inherit women against their will....." (Qur’an 4:19)

3. The Boko Haram are aggressive towards those who do not follow their beliefs.
While
Islam says: “IF IT HAD BEEN YOUR LORD’S WILL, all of the people on Earth would have believed [in one religion]….” (Quran 10:99)

4. The Boko Haram have murdered thousands of Muslims and Christians alike in cold blood.
While
Islam says: “….If any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people...” (Quran 5:32)

5. The Boko Haram use the cover of Islam to commit their mayhem and claim they are doing ALLAH'S work or JIHAD (HOLY WAR).
While
Islam says: “…… BUT DO NOT TRANSGRESS LIMITS; FOR GOD LOVES NOT TRANSGRESSORS.” (Qur’an 2:190)"

6. The Boko Haram believe once you are not with them you are an enemy to them.
While
Islam says: “O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other)......” (Quran 49:13)

7. The Boko Haram have unleashed tyranny and indecency in the land.
While
Islam says: “God commands justice and doing good and giving to relatives. And He forbids indecency and doing wrong and tyranny....” (Quran 16:90)

Finally, upon all their false claims it is clear to see that Boko Haram do not represent Islam in any way because, they are acting against Islam.

The question was "ALL muslims don't interpret the quran the same way. True or false?"
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by UncleSnr(m): 2:54am On Aug 26, 2017
StopBanningMyEx:

And you think all the tithes paid by those masses can buy the Bishop that jet

Are you a dullard

Go and start your own church na, let's see.
shocked
10% of your earning multiply by 6 million + members (as at 2014). Guy no let me vex call you IDIOT!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by omodave(m): 7:20am On Aug 26, 2017
Amajerry83:
Big man pastor. Baba some members never chop this morning and na food dem need no be prayers.

Please am sorry for quoting u, let start with this .. how many people have you feed this week ?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ELECTCHIBU(m): 7:40am On Aug 26, 2017
annunaki2:

All ye carnal Christians.

Proverbs 14:12

12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Oyedepo and his fellow pastorpreneurs are on the path of destruction, it's just a matter of time.
you are a fool, just that you have not realized it yet. Who are you to talk about a man of God that way, are you the one that called him to ministry? BIG FOOL, next time mind your words

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ELECTCHIBU(m): 7:41am On Aug 26, 2017
annunaki2:

All ye carnal Christians.

Proverbs 14:12

12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Oyedepo and his fellow pastorpreneurs are on the path of destruction, it's just a matter of time.
you are a fool, just that you have not realized it yet. Who are you to talk about a man of God that way, are you the one that called him to ministry? BIG FOOL, next time mind your words.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by Joseunlimited(f): 8:43am On Aug 26, 2017
UncleSnr:
Wow! But I like it. Cos I am among those who believe in Talking Donkey and Flying Horses.
Tales
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 10:40am On Aug 26, 2017
ibtz:
METHODS OF DIS TERRORISTS

1.SUICIDE
2.KILLING women and children

3. destroying people's place of worship
4. killing innocent people
5. enforce islam on odas

The Prophet Muhammad never did any of d above

1 & 4 are the same - killing of innocent people - Abu Afak, Asma (Marwan's daughter), adolescent boys of Qurayza, Al-Ansi (Sahih Bukhari Book 64, Hadith 402), etc

2. KILLING women and children - Sahih al-Bukhari volume 4, Book 52, Hadith 258
Sunan Abu Dawud : Dar-us-Salam reference / Hadith 2671
Fartana (a slave girl of Abdullah ibn Khatal)

3. destroying people's place of worship - kaaba of Yemen/Dhul- Khalasa (Sahih Bukhari Book 56, Hadith 229)
More: https://islamqa.info/en/20894

5. enforce islam on odas - Sahih Bukhari – Volume 4, Book 53, Hadith 392
Sahih Bukhari – Volume 9, Book 92, Hadith 447
Sahih Bukhari – Volume 1, Book 8, Hadith 387

Quran 9:29 “Fight those from among the People of the Book who believe neither in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor hold as unlawful what God and His Messenger have declared to be unlawful, nor follow the true religion, until they pay the tax willingly and agree to submit.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ELECTCHIBU(m): 10:50am On Aug 26, 2017
princetom1:

Thanks for that. It beats all my reasoning, why all these Men that call themselves pastors, uses security (na from Jesus dem learn am), u have to book appointments, maybe before u die, u will meet dem 1 on 1, church members are poor, but u na Mr pastor na Mr flash, has private jet, uses designer, all those stuff, the most annoying one is, u use church member money build University and schools and those same churn members children can't afford those school fees. I mean, why had people become so senseless? You keep spending all ur dime in church, but the church rat looks better dan u. Damn.... No wonder... No wonder, God judgment will start from his house
You're a FOOL, just that u don't know yet, if u book an appointment and the pastor doesn't have time because of busy schedules should he kill himself to please u. You don't pay tithe, u don't give offering, u don't give to men of God, allow people that know its benefit to do it. I wonder why u keep disturbing urself over that. Is it now wrong for a man of God to go to Dubai, to have a private jet, to live in a decent house, etc? But if an unbeliever do, it woundn't be wrong! Do u think its better for a man of God to be poor? For islam to get all the money to keep buying heavy guns and sponsoring terrorism? If any church member is poor, its his/her fault, not God's fault neither is the Pastor's fault. So stop blaming a man of God for church members' poverty. And mind you, tithing, offering, first fruit, etc is a biblical principle, not the pastors' doctrine which every true christian should abide by.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ELECTCHIBU(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2017
PrecisionFx:

And the people who footed the bill are looking for dinner.
FOOL, how do u know that they're looking for dinner.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by princetom1(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2017
ELECTCHIBU:
You're a FOOL, just that u don't know yet, if u book an appointment and the pastor doesn't have time because of busy schedules should he kill himself to please u. You don't pay tithe, u don't give offering, u don't give to men of God, allow people that know its benefit to do it. I wonder why u keep disturbing urself over that. Is it now wrong for a man of God to go to Dubai, to have a private jet, to live in a decent house, etc? But if an unbeliever do, it woundn't be wrong! Do u think its better for a man of God to be poor? For islam to get all the money to keep buying heavy guns and sponsoring terrorism? If any church member is poor, its his/her fault, not God's fault neither is the Pastor's fault. So stop blaming a man of God for church members' poverty. And mind you, tithing, offering, first fruit, etc is a biblical principle, not the pastors' doctrine which every true christian should abide by.

Oh, some times, u gat to look at what u write and use ur brain.
No wonder these men keep misbehaving. As if Jesus Christian didn't live before these men. Ask urself this question, if Jesus is alive today or living in our own time, will he buy a jet, buy a mansion, employ securities, buy all the most expensive shits in the world? Pls, which Bible una dey read sef? Between, ur answers is more of a hatred one because of what the Muslims can do. Hmnn. My brother, leave Muslims alone and face ur own religion, the way i see u, u go soon find money buy gun o. Pls stop calling people fool, it doesn't portray u as better. Between, am a Christian and doesn't follow blindly... Wen i see people in bad financial conditions, i feel for them, i help them in any way i can, but these pastors will rather collect the last dime from that old widow in her church and still watch dem clean same church and he has in excess but he doesn't care even if they die, e no concern am. Christians are supposed to imbibe all the nice qualities in this world, not the showing off, scandals and so on trailing these pastors. Shalom
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by tunary(m): 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
mikebuddy:
The sad thing is that in Nigeria, once someone is doing well "financially" is it assumed that God has blessed them.
It could be so... but not necessarily, non Christians also do well. God is not all about riches. Jesus was sent to save your soul not to give you money.
If your pastor is not encouraging you and his congregation to grow spiritually with the sole purpose of making heaven...FLEE!!!
I don't like talking about the ones amounting so much wealth to themselves. The sad thing again is that no matter what you say to some people they are already blinded by their ideas of the way some things should be.
Personally anything that surpasses logic reasoning is wrong. If a pastor is worth billions and have starving members it is wrong. Before you crucify me for judging a pastor remember the sole aim? To make heaven not amass wealth, since we all will be dead in hundred years. Why not give up the wealth today to the poor, let them be happy too since it is all for a short while, very short journey. Sooner or later we all will be dead.

Most importantly: People should stop extorting the poor they are the most vulnerable in our midst!
I support this write up 100% cos its States the fact
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by tunary(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
samju100:
start yours and let see how it's goes.
LOL
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ELECTCHIBU(m): 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
princetom1:

Oh, some times, u gat to look at what u write and use ur brain.
No wonder these men keep misbehaving. As if Jesus Christian didn't live before these men. Ask urself this question, if Jesus is alive today or living in our own time, will he buy a jet, buy a mansion, employ securities, buy all the most expensive shits in the world? Pls, which Bible una dey read sef? Between, ur answers is more of a hatred one because of what the Muslims can do. Hmnn. My brother, leave Muslims alone and face ur own religion, the way i see u, u go soon find money buy gun o. Pls stop calling people fool, it doesn't portray u as better. Between, am a Christian and doesn't follow blindly... Wen i see people in bad financial conditions, i feel for them, i help them in any way i can, but these pastors will rather collect the last dime from that old widow in her church and still watch dem clean same church and he has in excess but he doesn't care even if they die, e no concern am. Christians are supposed to imbibe all the nice qualities in this world, not the showing off, scandals and so on trailing these pastors. Shalom
and u live with them to know that they don't help people, to know that they collect d last dime of widows?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by princetom1(m): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2017
ELECTCHIBU:
and u live with them to know that they don't help people, to know that they collect d last dime of widows?

Stop trying to defend wat u don't know. I have seen with my own eyes....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by stonemasonn: 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
mencer:
To some living low and poverty is righteousness.
and to some living in opulence and riches is righteousness.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ultraboss(m): 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
Pope Francis is an example of a simple religious leader lifestyle
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
9inches:

1 & 4 are the same - killing of innocent people - Abu Afak, Asma (Marwan's daughter), adolescent boys of Qurayza, Al-Ansi (Sahih Bukhari Book 64, Hadith 402), etc

”[/color]

Your reply in order.
Please read more from
http://www.discoveringislam.org/ibn_isshaaq_stories.htm

The Killing of Abdullah bin Khatal and His Two Singing Girls
The story as alleged goes like this. Abdullah bin Khatal was a convert to Islam. He later apostated and his two singing girls start singing songs making fun of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.). The Prophet did not like this and allegedly ordered all three of them to be killed. Abdullah was allegedly killed by two Muslims. One of his girls was also allegedly killed too. However, the other girl managed to get away and survive. (Ibn IssHaaq, p. 551)
This story is only found in Ibn IssHaaq and is not mentioned in any Hadith book. The Isnad (chain of transmissions) for this story is broken and very weak. Thus, we can safely say that this story like the rest is false. And we've already seen that Prophet Muhammad did not order the killing of women from the above quoted Hadith. This story was most likely made up by Jews of Madinah and Ibn IssHaaq probably got this fabricated tale from them.

1. This is bukhari 64 hadith 402.

Chapter: The story of Al-Aswad Al-‘Ansi

(71)

باب قِصَّةُ الأَسْوَدِ الْعَنْسِيِّ

Narrated Ubaidullah bin `Abdullah bin `Utba:

We were informed that Musailima Al-Kadhdhab had arrived in Medina and stayed in the house of the daughter of Al-Harith. The daughter of Al-Harith bin Kuraiz was his wife and she was the mother of `Abdullah bin 'Amir. There came to him Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) accompanied by Thabit bin Qais bin Shammas who was called the orator of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ). Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) had a stick in his hand then. The Prophet (ﷺ) stopped before Musailima and spoke to him. Musailima said to him, "If you wish, we would not interfere between you and the rule, on condition that the rule will be ours after you... The Prophet said, "If you asked me for this stick, I would not give it to you. I think you are the same person who was shown to me in a dream. And this is Thabit bin Al-Qais who will answer you on my behalf." The Prophet (ﷺ) then went away. I asked Ibn `Abbas about the dream Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) had mentioned. Ibn `Abbas said, "Someone told me that the Prophet (ﷺ) said, "When I was sleeping, I saw in a dream that two gold bangles were put in my hands, and that frightened me and made me dislike them. Then I was allowed to blow on them, and when I blew at them, both of them flew. Then I interpreted them as two liars who would appear.' One of them was Al-`Ansi who was killed by Fairuz in Yemen and the other was Musailima Al-Kadhdbab."

Did the Prophet kill any innocent person here

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
9inches:

2. KILLING women and children - Sahih al-Bukhari volume 4, Book 52, Hadith 258
Sunan Abu Dawud : Dar-us-Salam reference / Hadith 2671
Fartana (a slave girl of Abdullah ibn Khatal)

”[/color]
2. The woman killed was done in error and was in killed in the battlefield as the Prophet disapproved of killing women and children as evident by the following hadith.

Chapter: Regarding Killing Women (121) ﺑﺎﺏ ﻓِﻲ ﻗَﺘْﻞِ ﺍﻟﻨِّﺴَﺎﺀِ
‘Abd Allaah bin (mas’ud) said “A woman was found slain in one of the battles of the Apostle of Allaah( ﷺ ). The Apostle of Allaah( ﷺ ) forbade to kill women and children

Abu dawud 2668

When we were with the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ) on an expedition, he saw some people collected together over something and sent a man and said: See, what are these people collected around? He then came and said: They are round a woman who has been killed. He said: This is not one with whom fighting should have taken place. Khalid ibn al-Walid was in charge of the van; so he sent a man and said: Tell Khalid not to kill a woman or a hired servant.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2017
9inches:

3. destroying people's place of worship - kaaba of Yemen/Dhul- Khalasa (Sahih Bukhari Book 56, Hadith 229)
More: https://islamqa.info/en/20894

.”[/color]

3. The title of dat article is obligation to destroy idols.I am sure christian evangelist also go out to destroy idols in shrines and what have u.

It is not to destroy churches or Jewish synagogues. I am sure in dat article u wud not find such

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
9inches:

5. enforce islam on odas - Sahih Bukhari – Volume 4, Book 53, Hadith 392
Sahih Bukhari – Volume 9, Book 92, Hadith 447
Sahih Bukhari – Volume 1, Book 8, Hadith 387

.”[/color]

4. As to d first hadith bukhari book 92 447 dis is d quotation
Chapter: “…But, man is ever more quarrelsome than anything.”

He was only being quarrelsome he neva carried it out because it was not ordered by God as evident in d narration. He said that is what I want (meaning him not God).Thats y d chapter is named "But, man is ever more quarrelsome than anything.”

Narrated Abu Huraira:

While we were in the mosque, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came out and said, "Let us proceed to the Jews." So we went out with him till we came to Bait-al-Midras. The Prophet (ﷺ) stood up there and called them, saying, "O assembly of Jews! Surrender to Allah (embrace Islam) and you will be safe!" They said, "You have conveyed Allah's message, O Aba-al-Qasim" Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) then said to them, "That is what I want; embrace Islam and you will be safe." They said, "You have conveyed the message, O Aba-al- Qasim." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) then said to them, "That is what I want," and repeated his words for the third time and added, "Know that the earth is for Allah and I want to exile you from this land, so whoever among you has property he should sell it, otherwise, know that the land is for Allah and His Apostle."

For d second bukari book 8
The conditions as stated in the Quran like Quran 2:190 still holds, only fight if u r attacked but transgress not the limits.

(Narrated By Anas bin Malik : Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally and their reckoning will be with Allah." Narrated Maimun ibn Siyah that he asked Anas bin Malik, "O Abu Hamza! What makes the life and property of a person sacred?" He replied, "Whoever says, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah', faces our Qibla during the prayers, prays like us and eats our slaughtered animal, then he is a Muslim, and has got the same rights and obligations as other Muslims have."wink

Quran 2:145

And even if you were to bring to the people of the scripture(jews and christians) all the Aayay (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations etc) they would not follow your Qiblah, nor are u going to follow their Qiblah. Verily if u follow their desires after that which you have received of knowledge (from Allah), then indeed yoy will be one of the wrong doers.

Quran 109 best illustrates abt not forcing islam onto odas

like dis verse Quran 109:6
"To you be your religion and to me my religion. "

anoda one
Quran 2:256
There is no compulsion in religion.....

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
9inches:

Quran 9:29 “Fight those from among the People of the Book who believe neither in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor hold as unlawful what God and His Messenger have declared to be unlawful, nor follow the true religion, until they pay the tax willingly and agree to submit.”

This is Quran 9:29

"Fight against those who believe not in Allah(arab pagans), nor in the last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and his Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e islam)from among the people of the scripture until they pay the jizyah with willing submission and are willing to pay it. "

Fighting against d arab pagans still held conditions like
1. Fight only if u are attacked first as evident in Quran 2:190

[Quran 2:190]
And fight in the Way of Allâh those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allâh likes not the transgressors.

2. Not attack people that do not attack u as evident in the verses

QURAN 60:8
Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. verily Allah loves those who deal with equity

Quran 60:9
It is only as regards those who fought against you on account of religion and have driven you out and helped to drive you out, that Allah forbids you to befriend them. And whosoever will befriend them, then such are the wrong doers.

Lastly Quran 9:29 talks abt jizyah (a tax levied on non muslims under THE protection of a muslim Government).

So meaning fight dose among d ppl of d book wu refuse to pay tax until they pay. Note, Muslims to do pay tax. Unda any normal govt if u refuse to pay tax u will be sanctioned, arrested, imprisoned etc.

Quran 2:145

And even if you were to bring to the people of the scripture(jews and christians) all the Aayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations etc) they would not follow your Qiblah, nor are u going to follow their Qiblah. Verily if u follow their desires after that which you have received of knowledge (from Allah), then indeed yoy will be one of the wrong doers.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
9inches:

The question was "ALL muslims don't interpret the quran the same way. True or false?"

i believe i answered that, read my post again.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by Jakumo(m): 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2017
paxonel:

We are not serious people.
You know that saying that during the trans-sahara slave trade Africans were trading their brothers and sisters to white people in exchange for mirror because they have never seen their faces before?
That is what we are still doing today.
This time we are trading our senses in exchange for self actualization and justification for believing in pastors and church.
People are still so primitive that, they can say all sort of mumu talk to justify their believe in oyedepo, adeboye, oyaks, kumuyi etc
It's a pity

Kai Deep thinkers day for Nairaland, Walahi.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
ELECTCHIBU:
FOOL, how do u know that they're looking for dinner.

I know many if them living around me presently, I live opposite Winners church independence layout Enugu. That's why.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. / Kenneth Copeland Laughs Off News Report That Joe Biden Is The 46th US President / Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.