Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,544 members, 7,861,573 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:49 PM

Bride Price - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bride Price (1250 Views)

Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price / Who Is At Fault - The Groom, Bride Or The Side Chick? / Bride Price In Imo State Now 10,000naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride Price by kanmosyl(m): 8:18pm On Feb 12, 2007
Hello my people,

Plz i need someone to tell me if it is very important for guys to pay bride price because to me i see it as buying the lady from the parents and whatever you purchase , since ownership has been transferred u can treat it anyhow u want it. Waiting for comments.
Re: Bride Price by trinigirl1(f): 3:47am On Feb 13, 2007
kanmosyl:

Hello my people,

Please i need someone to tell me if it is very important for guys to pay bride price because to me i see it as buying the lady from the parents and whatever you purchase , since ownership has been transferred u can treat it anyhow u want it. Waiting for comments.

Pay the bride price and keep quiet! If not leave de people girl child where she is! Nonsense! ah ah! angry

grin
Just kidding.
Seriously, I think the payment of a bride price doesn't symbolise ownership but the ability of the guy to able to provide well for the girl he intends to marry according to tradition. It shows that their daughter will not live a life a poverty or a level lower than that to which she is accustomed. (I stand to be corrected)

If you choose to marry traditionally, it is inevitable.

How you treat your wife should not be as a possession, but as outlined in the Word of God.
Re: Bride Price by phoenixman: 5:13am On Feb 13, 2007
trini_girl:

grin
Just kidding.
Seriously, I think the payment of a bride price doesn't symbolise ownership but the ability of the guy to able to provide well for the girl he intends to marry according to tradition. It shows that their daughter will not live a life a poverty or a level lower than that to which she is accustomed. (I stand to be corrected)
symbolism undecided interesting

trini_girl:

what is inevitable? what subject are you referring to?

trini_girl:

How you treat your wife should not be as a possession, but as outlined in the Word of God.
wrong!! how you treat your wife is absolutely dependent on the harmony that prevail in the matrimonial home.
Re: Bride Price by ZuluNation(m): 5:17am On Feb 13, 2007
trini_girl:

Pay the bride price and keep quiet! If not leave de people girl child where she is! Nonsense! ah ah! angry

grin
Just kidding.

Very well said, I don't think any other response can top yours.
Re: Bride Price by jgirl3: 6:27am On Feb 13, 2007
@ trini - good point

Is she not a human being? Why should she be treated anyhow because you paid a miserable fee for her to become your wife? No woman should be bought or treated as a commodity. There are also dowries but you don't see the wives mistreating their husbands just because they paid.
Re: Bride Price by femi6(m): 6:34am On Feb 13, 2007
the genius have already said it all
paying the bride price doesnt mean that ownership has been transferred onto u and beside are the girls goods and services that u are buying.
Re: Bride Price by ruescho(m): 9:05am On Feb 13, 2007
kanmosyl:

Hello my people,

Please i need someone to tell me if it is very important for guys to pay bride price because to me i see it as buying the lady from the parents and whatever you purchase , since ownership has been transferred u can treat it anyhow u want it. Waiting for comments.

What is this? Email from stone-age? Why are there so many retarded people around in this forum??

Don't blame it on tradition: if u are modern enough to use computer u never should talk about a human being like this!!
Re: Bride Price by kanmosyl(m): 10:44am On Feb 13, 2007
Thank you all. I really appreciate ur comments.

(1) (Reply)

Can Condoms Prevent "magun"? / What Does My Ex-girlfriend Want From Me? / Oya Make Una Help Me Join Head Together Oooooo: Nairaland 4ever!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.