Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,049 members, 7,814,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife (35090 Views)

Hit And Run: Policewoman, Utabor Helen, Cries For Help / Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) / Man Suffering From Monkeypox In Akwa Ibom (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife by baby124: 3:06pm On Aug 27, 2017
AreaFada2:

And what are the odds of both dying from canned food ONLY statistically?

My dear we are talking of clinical stuff here, not a wild guess.

We do see couples who never smoked or only one was a smoker dying of coronary heart disease, lung cancer, stroke and others.

Should we then ignore the fact that one was a plumber of 40 years exposed to asbestos & the other's both parents died of same disease? And assume that both lived an unhealthy lifestyle together as the only probable cause? grin cheesy
One needs to be mindful of things one posts on health topics.

There are already too many health misconceptions & outdated beliefs out there.
Too many assumptions in your post. Bowel cancer comes down to what we put in and put out. For both parents to have the same cancer, even though not related is rare. The only commonality is they are married, living and eating the same foods. It comes down to the diet. People knowing how to cook does not mean they eat healthy. By the way, asbestos will cause lung cancer, not bowel.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife by AreaFada2: 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2017
baby124:

Too many assumptions in your post. Bowel cancer comes down to what we put in and put out. For both parents to have the same cancer, even though not related is rare. The only commonality is they are married, living and eating the same foods. It comes down to the diet. People knowing how to cook does not mean they eat healthy. By the way, asbestos will cause lung cancer, not bowel.

In your assertion, you mentioned chances of both dying from "same disease". That is why I gave several diseases that couples do die from. Including stroke, lung cancer & coronary artery disease.

To now you will have to be privy to at least the death records in a place similar to where they live (in UK). Like a typical tertiary hospital or an audit report on such.

My dear, you are the one making assertions. You began claiming to know exactly the cause. I only cautioned on such a claim. And highlighted other probabilities.

The multi-factorial causes of cancers is now well-recognised. That is why prevention is still a bit difficult. Though nutrition is important to all aspects of health.

The classical case of colorectal cancer (CRC) increase due to dietary/lifestyle changes (especially increased eating of red meat/beef) are Japanese who moved to America from Japan. Those in Hawaii & California now even have higher rates than average local Americans. And way higher than Japanese in Japan. But even at that interim report showed combined rapid NAT2 genotype and rapid CYP1A2 phenotype as increasing the risk of CRC in people who adopted a Western diet high in meat. Meat/alcohol consumption in people already genetically pre-disposed also increased CRC.

You are talking authoritatively as if you have evidence. My mentor was actually a man categorised as an "extra-ordinary international talent". So much that he was given a waiver on USMILE and other American board certifications to practice in USA. And he used to fly fortnightly between Europe & USA for work in oncology in both continents.

Hence I said we should be mindful of sounding authoritative where we are not. Even I cannot claim expertise, It takes a couple of decades.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife by Irevac3: 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2017
So touching!! There is still balm in gilead.
Please let him attend the higher life conference by Pastor Chris in London this September.
With God all things are possible.
Christ in him is the hope of glory!!!!
Re: UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife by ArcFresky(m): 5:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
samsonline:

Your response speaks of your ignorance. I pray you don't find yourself in a similar situation. The man is not requesting for help from you to feed his 5 boys as they are all British and the British government is more than adequate to take care of the children. The money being raised is for funeral expenses and not hospital or living expenses.
So because the govt will take care of the kids, you sef go born 10 naa...
Be deceiving yourself here.
Whether am Ignorant or not, you don't give birth to 5 kids when you are yet to properly take care of yourself, and if you call that ignorance, am better off being ignorant.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife by Ellieanna: 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2017
bettercreature:
Too many children is the source of his problem,he couldnt save! dont you get it.See i am a psychologist i know what i am saying,Problems don't start overnight it starts from somewhere
. Did psychology teach you that too many children cause cancer
Re: UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife by samsonline(m): 11:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
ArcFresky:

So because the govt will take care of the kids, you sef go born 10 naa...
Be deceiving yourself here.
Whether am Ignorant or not, you don't give birth to 5 kids when you are yet to properly take care of yourself, and if you call that ignorance, am better off being ignorant.

I can see the location you are speaking from, so I don't need to argue with you. But try to give a thought to any piece of information you read before commenting.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife by ArcFresky(m): 4:40am On Aug 28, 2017
samsonline:

I can see the location you are speaking from, so I don't need to argue with you. But try to give a thought to any piece of information you read before commenting.

Whatever the location am commenting from, all govt does is separating kids and putting them in foster homes, then paying the foster parents. And you wish that on someone's kids. You sef think naa.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife by snowblaq(f): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2017
Nutase:
Is bowel cancer contagious? shocked
How did both of them come down with it??

Same trigger maybe... Same diet... Lifestyle and habits.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife by Mryacks: 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2017
@ 38yrs...that's lot of kids mahn
bettercreature:
I wonder what he is doing with 5 children,dont really know when people will realise too many children is a liability
Re: UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife by Azam101: 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2017
ArcFresky:

grin grin grin grin grin naa your papa I resemble.
wasted being
Re: UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife by Flawless(f): 10:58am On Sep 04, 2017
Sadly Omena died this morning. His mum is mu mum's friend. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Heaven gain another angel, no more sorrrow no more pain. I am weeping as I type this message. People think because he lived in the U.K. It is ok. No sure how his orphans would cope. His wife was an orphan herself. Omena's parent are both aged. It breaks my heart! �������������
Re: UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife by iwu4real(m): 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
missNGLatest:
Go fund me page:
https://www.gofundme.com/support-omena-ubiaro-and-family
there is solutions for in Nigeria with MILNAPATH international products ,so let's help him
Flawless:
Sadly Omena died this morning. His mum is mu mum's friend. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Heaven gain another angel, no more sorrrow no more pain. I am weeping as I type this message. People think because he lived in the U.K. It is ok. No sure how his orphans would cope. His wife was an orphan herself. Omena's parent are both aged. It breaks my heart! �������������

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Natural Solution To Hair Loss, Stunted Growth, Dandruff, Itchy Scalp Etc (pics) / Four Children From The Same Parents Are Born Blind In Edo (Photos) / Nigerian Kidney Patient, Tochi Mbonu Stranded In India For Two Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.