Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Are China Made Tyres Good? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are China Made Tyres Good? (16162 Views)

See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Lady Dumps BF After Discovering His Porsche Cayenne Is Actually China-made / How To Tell If Your Car Tyres Have Expired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are China Made Tyres Good? by ezugegere(m): 8:43pm On Aug 26, 2017
I want to change all the four tyres of my car. I want to buy new tyres, so I went to a tyres market today. The relatively cheaper tyres are the China made such as Haida, Highfly, Sunbull, etc. These tyres cost about 17K each. Is there anyone who knows about these tyres? Are they safe on our roads?
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by princetom1(m): 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
ezugegere:
I want to change all the four tyres of my car. I want to buy new tyres, so I went to a tyres market today. The relatively cheaper tyres are the China made such as Haida, Highfly, Sunbull, etc. These tyres cost about 17K each. Is there anyone who knows about these tyres? Are they safe on our roads?

cc: carparts, mayor2013, Honmusa, Lexusgs430, nurey, diportivo, cardoctor, GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, timifakay, LeJeun3, EgunMogaji
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
ezugegere:

If you can, go for established brands like Dunlop, Bridgestone, Firestone, etc

Your tires decide how safe and well handling your car will be, even if you drive a Ferrari.

Good luck.

PS: May we never use our money to buy what will kill us. Amin.

21 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by iLickAnalFungus(m): 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
Mogaji said it all.. All check for expiry dates when buying. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by LeJeun3: 10:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
ezugegere:

You didn't tell us the type of vehicle you want to use tires on.
apart from Haida I don't personally know the others. Haida has a poor rating in my opinion tho....

Did you check out brands like Atturo, Maxtrek, etc
Dunlop and Michelin are the lowest priced first grade tyres.....

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by nurey(m): 6:21am On Aug 27, 2017
Double king is the only China tyre I can vouch for

10 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by timifakay(m): 7:48am On Aug 27, 2017
princetom1:

cc: car.parts, mayor.2013, Honm.usa, Lexusg.s430, n.urey, dipo.rtivo, cardo.ctor, GAZZU.ZZ, Kingre.ign, timi.fakay, LeJe.un3, EgunMo.gaji
I buy tokunbo tyres sir.
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by abes(m): 8:11am On Aug 27, 2017
If China then Double King is it.

1 Like

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 27, 2017
nurey:
Double king is the only China tyre I can vouch for
It is rubbish!!

3 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by nurey(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2017
angels09:
It is rubbish!!
3years counting Honda Accord 2006 DC

3 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 27, 2017
nurey:

3years counting Honda Accord 2006 DC
Good for you
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by ezugegere(m): 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
LeJeun3:

apart from Haida I don't personally know the others. Haida has a poor rating in my opinion tho....

M Benz E240 Saloon 2001
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by sooperrescue(m): 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
Buy Chinese tyre. They are durable but like someone stated, check the date it was made and then ensure it is temperature A and the speed rating should be V or W or Y. There was this customer who wanted to buy good tyres for his Acura TL . I brought some Chinese tyres for him at 22k each. He frowned and said he needed good and well known brands. So I called for Bridgestone at 55k each and he was glad. He just bought the car and even brought Pennzoil from the Us for oil change. On his way to PH, at Ijebu ode, those potholes with sharp edge tore the sidewall of one tyre and he was not happy. He managed to get to Ph and was asking if I could send him the Chinese brand he rejected. I begged him to please buy it in Ph. Just buy the Chinese tyre. The Dunlop and Michelin tyres available are all are all temp b tyres. Go to any Dunlop tyre changing shops and you will find temp b tyres on their racks. I once had the e240 but the 1999 model, a 12 plugs v6, don't buy any dead tyre for that machine. 180kms is very easy to attain with good speed index tyres.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
sooperrescue:
Buy Chinese tyre. They are durable but like someone stated, check the date it was made and then ensure it is temperature A and the speed rating should be V or W or Y. There was this customer who wanted to buy good tyres for his Acura TL . I brought some Chinese tyres for him at 22k each. He frowned and said he needed good and well known brands. So I called for Bridgestone at 55k each and he was glad. He just bought the car and even brought Pennzoil from the Us for oil change. On his way to PH, at Ijebu ode, those potholes with sharp edge tore the sidewall of one tyre and he was not happy. He managed to get to Ph and was asking if I could send him the Chinese brand he rejected. I begged him to please buy it in Ph. Just buy the Chinese tyre. The Dunlop and Michelin tyres available are all are all temp b tyres. Go to any Dunlop tyre changing shops and you will find temp b tyres on their racks. I once had the e240 but the 1999 model, a 12 plugs v6, don't buy any dead tyre for that machine. 180kms is very easy to attain with good speed index tyres.
Nice post

2 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by JoshMedia: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2017
Yes, some Chinese made tyres are good

Check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Abeyjide: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2017
I will prefer Indian made to china
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Ajimike(m): 7:18am On Aug 28, 2017
ezugegere:

Where do you think 90 % new tires come from

4 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by sleeknick: 7:18am On Aug 28, 2017
Yes.... We ship them in...
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by eaglechild: 7:18am On Aug 28, 2017
LeJeun3:

Dunlop perhaps.
Michelin is certainly not low priced.

Indonesian tyres are somewhere in between he could opt for those e.g. forceum....
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Franco93: 7:19am On Aug 28, 2017
Chinese tyres are good, just have in mind their expiry date and check before buying.
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by edlion57(m): 7:21am On Aug 28, 2017
Am interested in this topic... anybody with good list of Tyres should help out

1 Like

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Topmaike007(m): 7:23am On Aug 28, 2017
ezugegere:
ask chelsea fans grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by dhesire(m): 7:24am On Aug 28, 2017
I have had previous encounter with Chinese tyres and I I have no regrets
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 28, 2017
Ok
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by HAH: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2017
I would rather buy grade A tokunbo michelin or bridgestone tires than brand new china tyres

2 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by RealEstateTek: 7:34am On Aug 28, 2017
Ok.
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by skxtt2015(m): 7:36am On Aug 28, 2017
Good tokunbo tires like Michelin energy,good year,brigestone and others that contains tread linings and not wires are better off new China tyres.I can guarantee u 2 to 3 years use,travelling time to time than China tyres..............goodluck man

3 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:39am On Aug 28, 2017
just like anything in China, you have the top quality product and then you have the cheap fake tyres (Bridgestone, Michelin, continental etc)
so it is not really about WHICH tyres you buy, but from WHO... if you buy them from a genuine store then great, but if buying tyres from roadside yeye unscrupulous mechanics, then you are oyo and possibly have you duped.

btw, not everything made in China is of poor quality

4 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by bendike: 7:39am On Aug 28, 2017
Bros buy established brand pls. My sisters china tyres were thread bare in 3 months commuting from dopemu to lekki. She later bought michelin. 1 year on and they still have full threads. My china tyre on my suv lasted just 1 year.
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by eaglechild: 7:40am On Aug 28, 2017
sooperrescue:
Did he use the recommended tyre/ rim size cause that is a major culprit. There is a tendency for the users of certain brands to piimp their rides into oblivion.
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by coolestkc: 7:42am On Aug 28, 2017
I will recommend Hifly, I have used it and it lasted up to 3 years without issue. The roads you ply may be a factor and the distance you travel may also be a factor. I used it on Abuja roads only.

3 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by amazingspiderma: 7:54am On Aug 28, 2017
Once bought two new Chinese tires, can't remember the brand, bursted while driving after developing lump, thank God i was not on high speed. That was six years ago. Tyres lasted less than 7 months.

Since then, Japanese or European tyres even if it's grade A tokunbo.

Quality saves lives. I want to live long.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? / Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk / Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.