Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,822 members, 7,828,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Are China Made Tyres Good? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are China Made Tyres Good? (16221 Views)

See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Lady Dumps BF After Discovering His Porsche Cayenne Is Actually China-made / How To Tell If Your Car Tyres Have Expired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by wildcatter23(m): 8:06am On Aug 28, 2017
Last like a dog in heat

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Denn(m): 8:08am On Aug 28, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
just like anything in China, you have the top quality product and then you have the cheap fake tyres (Bridgestone, Michelin, continental etc)
so it is not really about WHICH tyres you buy, but from WHO... if you buy them from a genuine store then great, but if buying tyres from roadside yeye unscrupulous mechanics , then you are oyo and possibly have you duped.

btw, not everything made in China is of poor quality

Mechanic dey sell tire?

Must we blame mechanics for everything?

3 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by wildchild02: 8:17am On Aug 28, 2017
Buy and share your experience with us grin

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION.
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by nyzdavid: 8:19am On Aug 28, 2017
don't even try it...
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Tonason: 8:50am On Aug 28, 2017
I can't trust any China Tyre, and will not use any, unless the motor will not go outside Lagos State, if you will not put the vehicle on high ways, no problem, but always remember that your safety depends on your Tyre and suspension system

2 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by donqx: 8:55am On Aug 28, 2017
has china ever make anything good as. cheap
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by sosoliso123: 9:04am On Aug 28, 2017
Chinese tyres are very good, I use them and they don't explode on motion no matter how weare they are. I use double king, yoking any way. there was a time I bought the so called big name, I used it for only one week and rack.

1 Like

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by miqos02(m): 9:39am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:
Double king is the only China tyre I can vouch for
gbosa
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by sooperrescue(m): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2017
eaglechild:

Did he use the recommended tyre/ rim size cause that is a major culprit. There is a tendency for the users of certain brands to piimp their rides into oblivion.
Yes, same size with the old tyres. The craters on the highways dont know branded tyres, they just do their job. At 3 junction, on the same road, I had a run flat tyre on my vehicle and those craters tore the sidewall of that tyre and there was nothing I could do than to put a spare immediately. A customer once went to the UK to buy tyres years back for his Ml 500 because all we could find was speed rating H. The tyre shop sold him an indonesia tyre with Y speed rating. Here we condemn any tyre outside the ones we grew up knowing. Chinese tyres majorly comes in Temp A. Go to infinity, Dunlop, Michelin tyre shops and all you see is temp B tyres for a country that requires summer tyres. In 1990, samsung products were sold a quarter of the price of Sony and Philips products but today, no basis of comparison with Samsung and its prices.

5 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by litaninja(m): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2017
While we are at it, let's remember that practically all tires are made in china...

6 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by tempex88(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2017
skxtt2015:
Good tokunbo tires like Michelin energy,good year,brigestone and others that contains tread linings and not wires are better off new China tyres.I can guarantee u 2 to 3 years use,travelling time to time than China tyres..............goodluck man

Please don't buy tokunbo no matter the brand

1 Like

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by bedspread: 10:23am On Aug 28, 2017
China Tyre's are not bad especially if you get a good one... but I advice you use for intra state movement..(use within the state u are located)

From my little tyre experience and based on your pocket I'll advice you go for General Tyre's. They are kind of scare but if u lucky to see your size take it. It's not a China tyre but it can serve you good. And it's not as high as bridgestone, firestone, Michelin, etc

For the China Tyre's, check out for

GT INDONESIA
GT CHINA
SONY
LINLONG
STAR FIRE
GOOD RIDE

Most important: UNRAP THE TYRE AND CHECK FOR THE YEAR BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by bedspread: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2017
tempex88:

Please don't buy tokunbo no matter the brand
HEED TO THIS ADVICE SERIOUSLY

2 Likes

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by XX01(f): 11:46am On Aug 28, 2017
So many fake Michelin and Dunlop in the market.

1 Like

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by bigsmoke2(m): 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
I bought 5 brand new khumo tyres for my ride way back in 2013 I'm still using them till now infact the extra tyre has never touched the ground
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by symbianDON(m): 8:45am On Aug 29, 2017
the most important factors are not really the country of origin of the tyres you buy but having the RIGHT tyres for your car and ensuring the tyres are ALWAYS at the RIGHT PRESSURE. I have used China made Triangle brand tyres for the past 3 years and have never had issues. I do travel a lot too.
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Stricklybidness(m): 7:03am On Oct 16, 2019
sooperrescue:
Buy Chinese tyre. They are durable but like someone stated, check the date it was made and then ensure it is temperature A and the speed rating should be V or W or Y. There was this customer who wanted to buy good tyres for his Acura TL . I brought some Chinese tyres for him at 22k each. He frowned and said he needed good and well known brands. So I called for Bridgestone at 55k each and he was glad. He just bought the car and even brought Pennzoil from the Us for oil change. On his way to PH, at Ijebu ode, those potholes with sharp edge tore the sidewall of one tyre and he was not happy. He managed to get to Ph and was asking if I could send him the Chinese brand he rejected. I begged him to please buy it in Ph. Just buy the Chinese tyre. The Dunlop and Michelin tyres available are all are all temp b tyres. Go to any Dunlop tyre changing shops and you will find temp b tyres on their racks. I once had the e240 but the 1999 model, a 12 plugs v6, don't buy any dead tyre for that machine. 180kms is very easy to attain with good speed index tyres.
ThrOw more light on this temperature and speed rating of a thing... And again why did you suggest that he should go for Chinese tires?
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Stricklybidness(m): 7:12am On Oct 16, 2019
JoshMedia:
Yes, some Chinese made tyres are good

Check my signature
Like?
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Stricklybidness(m): 7:16am On Oct 16, 2019
Denn:

Mechanic dey sell tire?

Must we blame mechanics for everything?
Mechanics D sell tires...
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by adanny01(m): 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2019
For me, I won't vouch for any China tire.

The tire i hate most is maxtrek followed by Tripple A then Double king. I have seen worst of these tires. Others are Aeolus and Boto. These tires wear physically, i mean you can make a trip and come back and the naked eye will see how one trip wore the tire thread down. The worst is maxtrek that will just bend the steel belts and the car will never be smooth even at very new thread. Infact, with maxtrek you will need to go for wheel balance every week (not kidding).

I can only manage Starfire or Hifly. I hear Goodride is good too.
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by id4sho(m): 6:38am On Oct 18, 2019
adanny01:
For me, I won't vouch for any China tire.

The tire i hate most is maxtrek followed by Tripple A then Double king. I have seen worst of these tires. Others are Aeolus and Boto. These tires wear physically, i mean you can make a trip and come back and the naked eye will see how one trip wore the tire thread down. The worst is maxtrek that will just bend the steel belts and the car will never be smooth even at very new thread. Infact, with maxtrek you will need to go for wheel balance every week (not kidding).

I can only manage Starfire or Hifly. I hear Goodride is good too.
my case, DK lumps upandan
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by EzekaUdenee: 6:48am On Oct 18, 2019
[s]
id4sho:

my case, DK lumps upandan
[/s]
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by sooperrescue(m): 11:22am On Oct 24, 2019
Stricklybidness:

ThrOw more light on this temperature and speed rating of a thing... And again why did you suggest that he should go for Chinese tires?
Every tire has a temperature rating. The type of environment that the tyres is conducive for. In Switzerland, we use two sets of tyres for every car. One is winter and the other is summer. Right now the police are on the road checking tyres because motorists are supposed to remove their summer tyres and fit the winter tyres. If you use winter tyres in summer, you will be penalized. When you use summer tyres in winter, the risk of accidents is 99.9 percent. In the USA, they have a system where you can use just one tyre for the whole year and they call it all season tyres. All season tyres comes in temperatures A, B, C. And most of the tyres are speed restricted. With a temperature A, tyre, it can withstand all weather in Nigeria as it is able to withstand heat above 25 degrees and it is not speed restricted Temperature B tyres are found in most cars that are speed restricted and will not be able to perform well in summer. It is 80 percent winter prone than summer. It is dangerous and it is very popular on our vehicles.
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by Stricklybidness(m): 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
sooperrescue:

Every tire has a temperature rating. The type of environment that the tyres is conducive for. In Switzerland, we use two sets of tyres for every car. One is winter and the other is summer. Right now the police are on the road checking tyres because motorists are supposed to remove their summer tyres and fit the winter tyres. If you use winter tyres in summer, you will be penalized. When you use summer tyres in winter, the risk of accidents is 99.9 percent. In the USA, they have a system where you can use just one tyre for the whole year and they call it all season tyres. All season tyres comes in temperatures A, B, C. And most of the tyres are speed restricted. With a temperature A, tyre, it can withstand all weather in Nigeria as it is able to withstand heat above 25 degrees and it is not speed restricted Temperature B tyres are found in most cars that are speed restricted and will not be able to perform well in summer. It is 80 percent winter prone than summer. It is dangerous and it is very popular on our vehicles.
Thanks
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by microlincoln: 10:39am On Jan 25, 2022
sooperrescue:

I have really learnt alot from your posts. Please I need your help/advice on the best tyreto buy. How do I contact you 195/R15
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by sonety2k(m): 12:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
ezugegere:
I want to change all the four tyres of my car. I want to buy new tyres, so I went to a tyres market today. The relatively cheaper tyres are the China made such as Haida, Highfly, Sunbull, etc. These tyres cost about 17K each. Is there anyone who knows about these tyres? Are they safe on our roads?

Yes they are Good
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by sooperrescue(m): 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2022
microlincoln:

I have really learnt alot from your posts. Please I need your help/advice on the best tyreto buy. How do I contact you 195/R15

Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by EngRichie: 11:44am On Jan 26, 2022
Look at it from this angle.

Buy premium or midrange tires from reputable manufacturers.

Forget low rated tires of which many common Chinese branded tires fall under, irrespective of the country of origin.
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by bonnyhope: 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2022
ezugegere:
I want to change all the four tyres of my car. I want to buy new tyres, so I went to a tyres market today. The relatively cheaper tyres are the China made such as Haida, Highfly, Sunbull, etc. These tyres cost about 17K each. Is there anyone who knows about these tyres? Are they safe on our roads?

Oga which brand did you buy that time

And how is it doing,?
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by bonnyhope: 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2022
XX01:
So many fake Michelin and Dunlop in the market.

Oga how do we identify fake tyres?
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by sooperrescue(m): 11:25am On Jun 13, 2022
There are no fake tyres except if it is not meant for your car or for Nigerian roads. Unless it's very difficult, like 18 rims having a V speed rating, all tyres should have V speed rating for better fuel consumption and road handling . I have bought many of these tyres and they perform well
Re: Are China Made Tyres Good? by bonnyhope: 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
sooperrescue:
There are no fake tyres except if it is not meant for your car or for Nigerian roads. Unless it's very difficult, like 18 rims having a V speed rating, all tyres should have V speed rating for better fuel consumption and road handling . I have bought many of these tyres and they perform well

Mention the Chinese brands which you have used and they are good

I need also

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRSC Begins Full Enforcement Of NIN As Condition For Vehicle Registration / Engine Number Location Lexus RX330 / How To Get A Car Unstuck From The Mud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.