Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports (28496 Views)

Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China / Oyo State To Ban Open Grazing; Herdsmen To Carry ID Cards / National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2017
Nightwolf1:

Let me join biafrans and echo ur name.AFONJA the treacherous being. cheesy cheesy
Go face somalian politics
Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2017
paschu:
Good and so refreshing to hear your narrative.

Unfortunately I have no background in Law as seems to be your case. Thus my views on the legal side of the issues may not be adequate. Nonetheless, my thoughts are as follows:

1). I am actually not so sure I understood what you meant by "domestication of the economy". Neither do I see why that should be a pre-requisite to Biafra restoration. Is itfor the avoidance of double taxation??

Well, if by "domestication" you mean the RELOCATION of businesses to the Biafran territories, then I would say NO, that won't be necessary. On the contrary, I'd advocate the outward bound movement. Rather than moving existing Nigerian business back to East PRIOR to independence, I'd prefer them moving those further away into other friendly continents or countries, pending when the exit treaty is ratified.

2) I think taxes are paid where the earners live. Thus, there can only be double taxation if Biafra chooses to tax its diaspora population. The other likely causative scenario is where Nigeria chooses to impose a punitive tax regime on all remittances to Biafra. Otherwise, folks with businesses in both Biafra and Nigeria will just have to operate the two as separate entities registered in different jurisdictions.

3) Regarding Banking systems, that won't be an issue. The framework is there already. The only new policy that may apply is the new exchange rate and currency conversion logistics. And if Nigeria decides to get off its primitive behind and do a good job (rather than seeing Biafra as a threat) they may even have Naira adopted as legal tender in Biafra - at least at the beginning.

Ordinarily, we buy stuff from all over the world using our debit cards. In fact, as we speak, it's possible to have funds sent to your local bank account from the US without using a wire transfer system. So why not from Nigeria to Biafra and the other way round?

4) I am not sure about the Central Africa reconnection or politics. And I assume that there is no need for a forceful exit. Thus the negotiation for Biafra exit can go on AT THE SAME TIME with consultations for Ecowas membership. So this will help to speed things up.

And yes, your right to setting up a business in an Ecowas state as a visiting Ecowas national does not invalidate the domestic requirements of the host nation. But no, I don't think you need a visa even on arrival.

https://www.uneca.org/pages/ecowas-free-movement-persons

5)For instance, Biafra may have an option to enacting a "hugely controversial" Bilateral relations with distant foreign countries, if Nigeria makes the terms for harmonious co-existence and synergy unattractive.

Bros, forget the long write up because Biafra is dead on arrival and not coming anytime again
Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Nightwolf1: 11:50am On Aug 28, 2017
Yyeske:
Go face somalian politics

Lol shameless yoruba man. I will open a biafra thread and tag ur nick. A goat can never reject yam. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 9:31am On Aug 29, 2017
Nightwolf1:

Lol shameless yoruba man. I will open a biafra thread and tag ur nick. A goat can never reject yam. grin grin
Shout as much as you can, you are not getting your referendum nor Biafra you this Somali Jew
Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Nightwolf1: 10:55am On Aug 29, 2017
Yyeske:
Shout as much as you can, you are not getting your referendum nor Biafra you this Somali Jew

Are u not from omambala anymore? grin
Lol criminals are many on NL
Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 10:58am On Aug 29, 2017
Nightwolf1:

Are u not from omambala anymore? grin Lol criminals are many on NL
Face your Somali politics biko
Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Nightwolf1: 11:02am On Aug 29, 2017
Yyeske:
Face your Somali politics biko

U never begin cry. grin the omambala man with scratched face, i hail wink grin
Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Daboomb: 10:30pm On Aug 31, 2017
Nwadiuto247:

Why are you people so hypocritical?
Igbos say they want to be on their own, you say no and fume about it. Are you ok?

You say they dont contribute anything to the national purse, yet you share monthly allocations to them. Is that not a foolish thing to do even when they are ready to leave you?

You said they are politically irrelevant yet you keep giving them appointments. Is your head ok?
You hate them but u sell your land to them, are you ok?

If they dont do the National id card you will say they are not tacticful, that they lay their eggs in one basket. Why are you people so wicked? Can u now see that are the one confused?

Until they become an Independent country you have no grounds be angry with them for doing national id. Hate kills, be warned.

I feel your Pain.
But you keep abusing others and calling them names and you expect them to treat you like an Angel?

IPOB Piglet.
Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Daboomb: 10:40pm On Aug 31, 2017
paschu:
Some of your points - like requirements for Visa - were not valid though.

Ever traveled to any part of West Africa? Did you require Visa? Rarely, also, would you have any issues starting and running a legitimate business in those places as an Ecowas citizen.

The other issues you raised were extreme too. I want to believe that Nigeria would be smart enough not to take extreme measures against Biafra. Extreme measures won't be to Nigeria's advantage at all, as there are a plethora of political options which Biafra may adopt in such cases.

For example, ever wondered how the tiny Eastern European nations (like Estonia, for instance) are able to keep the assertive Russia and domineering Western Europe in check? Go figure.

In our context though, Biafra cannot be called tiny by any stretch of imagination.

Buhari must not arrest Kanu otherwise....
It will cause armagedon
it will make Biafra come quick
it will make Kanu more popular
It will make Kanu have more foillowers
It will make UN, ICC, Russia, Japan, Ameria and North Korea to back Biafra agitation
It will bla bla bla..

What else?
I sense FEAR in all IPOB Piglets saying the above.

Nnamdi Kanu wil be arrested for breaking his bail conditions.

Heaven will not fall; miscreants will be severly dealt with

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Avengers Return, Vow To Continue Pipeline Bombing / El-rufai: Cameroon Shut Down Its Refinery Because Of Cheap Fuel From Nigeria / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Frank Ajobena Quits APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.