Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed (34663 Views)

Rotimi Jolayemi Charged For ‘Causing Annoyance’ Towards Lai Mohammed / 20 Nigerian Students Charged For Attacking Malaysian Pokice Officers (Photos) / US Lawyers File Suit Against Buratai, Obiano For Extra-Judicial Killing Of Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by cstr1000: 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by magoo10(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
234ng44uk:

Nay brother, I say they are cowards! A group advocating extermination of other major ethnic groups, issuing threats left right and centre including against its own people but fail to execute any (even when they are tragically confronted) can be rightly called chest-beating cowards. And by extension, the entire Ibo ethnic group qualify for this appellation.
The Hausa/Fulani are mostly gallant men of the armed forces, the Yorubas are the political masterminds/intellectuals and agitators for every successful political struggle in the history of Nigeria. Nothing to say of the Ibo nation.
Nnamdi kanus ideology will continue to confuse many,unarguably he has gotten the attention of the world as you can see he will not shoot a bullet .

4 Likes

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by abbey621(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
cstr1000:

Protected by which government? Nigeri?
You think Nigeria can protect Buratai from american reach? cheesy cheesy
Even Assad is finding it hard to escape with Russia watching over him.
Your only hope is that your murderous army general never get tried. If a US court find him guilty, he is finished.

Once again this is a civil/financial case no criminal liability and as such the government can pay the compensation if found guilty!
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by Kazim88: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
do separatist in other country insult their president and threatened to kill everyone within 24hr if not let go.

The Insult was just bait.... Ask Tinubu... he was insult also, ask obj, Ohaneze .. he insulted Igbos, Yorubas, Hausa Fulani.

It was part of the plan.... to make Hausa Fulani act... as usual with force and brutality

Insult in international law is not a crime... he knows... but you guys don't know.

Brutality is a criminal offence.... internationally.

4 Likes

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by koladebrainiac(m): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
John Doe is IPOB .

Besides US Police needs to be sue for killing innocent AFRICAN AMERICANS
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by cstr1000: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by banmee(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2017
Klington:
such a dumb comparison.

And that is why you all have problems. You do not know the beginning nor the genesis of your problems. when a people believe it is normal not to follow the rule of law, how then do you think they would understand that extra judicial killings and jungle justice are one and the same? Go school una no go go. See una life?
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by abbey621(m): 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2017
cstr1000:

A civil case that has damning consequences on your military's reputation.
You already have a reputation as a backward militia which Nigeria is still denying so as to avoid sanctions.
Losing a human rights case if even civil would prove that the facts are correct and Nigeria would be put on notice to tread carefully. And buratai himself would lose whatever credibilty he has in western circles.
Another human rights violation with lose of lives from Military bullets would no longer be viewed as a civil offense. That is entering into pariah state territory.

Oh so you think the Nigerian military, police or even government are with positive reputation, you make me laugh! Even the entire Nigeria has a very negative reputation. Buratai does not need any international recognition at this stage of his career, he is a military man true and true, if he is guilty, paying the compensation would not be very difficult but to think he gives a flip about what Western media and politrickians think of him is pure bullocks!
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by Kazim88: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
abbey621:

Look stop deceiving yourself, yes the court will hear the case but they still have to determine legality, it's called pretrial. Since the start of ATCA majority of the cases have been tossed out, this is what I meant by the court determining if it is worth trialing. Buratai to me has nothing to lose, he will be protected as always by the government so forget about psyche! Once again this case is nothing but a civil case and thus only financial compensation will be discussed.

the pretrial was June 9th 2017 (google John Doe vs Buratai et al)

the court accepted the case.

The lawyers came to Nigeria this August for on ground Investigation.
In his report he tag:
North as Muslim extrmist region... unsafe for Christians.
Hausa Fulani as terrorists.

The news his every where... all over international media

4 Likes

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by Edu3Again: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
Scrooge:

Do the world a favor, strap an IED to yourself and blow up. The virgins are waiting...
Love ur reply

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by abbey621(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2017
Kazim88:

the pretrial was June 9th 2017 (google John Doe vs Buratai et al)

the court accepted the case.

The lawyers came to Nigeria this August for on ground Investigation.
In his report he tag:
North as Muslim extrmist region... unsafe for Christians.
Hausa Fulani as terrorists.

The news his every where... all over international media

You are getting it confused, acceptance of a case does not determine if the case would make it into a real trial. The evidence gathered by the lawyers will definitely be useful in helping the judge determine legality and proceeding forward with the trial. A real trial begins when arguments are heard by both sides in front of the judge and/or jury. I repeat most cases of ACTA are thrown out while the few that are successfully trialed are those involving U.S corporations or entities with plenty of assets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by Prouddevil(m): 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
Where are those ipop touts?, where are those anti tribalism groups on NL ? all I see in their protest is hunger, desperation, fraud, joblessness and hate.
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by SuperS1Panther: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
How many of their soldiers or Chief of Army Staff were charged for extrajudicial killing in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan etc?
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by 234ng44uk(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
magoo10:

I know that it beats your imagination why they have not turned violent despite the killings but NO they will never be violent that is their weapon and the international community is watching and a time will come when they will be forced to conduct referendum.

Non-violent you say? I disagree sir. They are extremely violent but often tow the path of cowardice.

http://punchng.com/pro-biafran-activists-security-agents-bloody-clashes/

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by magoo10(m): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
[quote author=234ng44uk post=59901652]

Non-violent you say? I disagree sir. They are extremely violent but often tow the path of cowardice.

http://punchng.com/pro-biafran-activists-security-agents-bloody-clashes/[/quote
extremely violent how? how many Nigerians have they killed?
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by Memma405: 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
mynd1:
Nonsense. U Ipod touts should keep on deceiving ur selves thinking some frustrated/lunatic christian American can come to Nigeria and arrest any body. sometimes, I wonder wetting ipods use in thinking... mtchewww arrest my foot.
They don't need to arrest them to punish them, Nigeria can be their prison as they may not be able to to travel to US or other countries that respects the sanctity of Human life.
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by magoo10(m): 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
234ng44uk:

http://punchng.com/pro-biafran-activists-security-agents-bloody-clashes/
so you are waiting for them to start killing like boko haram? that won't happen .ipob will continue in it's methodology else nane how many nigerians ir security operatives that they have killed.

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2017
mynd1:
Nonsense. U Ipod touts should keep on deceiving ur selves thinking some frustrated/lunatic christian American can come to Nigeria and arrest any body. sometimes, I wonder wetting ipods use in thinking... mtchewww arrest my foot.

wow..e be like say..this IPOB stuff dey follow give u sleepless night..

Long live Nnamdi kanu..
Biafra is here.

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by OYAY(m): 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
John Doe ko Samuel Doe Ni!!!!
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by harryportter: 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
shizzle11:
Ewedu munching dingbat, continue ranting like an iddiot that you are

Fabricate more stories to swindle the minds of your fellow iddiots. We have gone past that stage of propaganda. The stage is now set for real
issues and you ani.... Mals be rest assured that your day of reckoning isn't too far ahead
THE OP MUST BE A DICK HEAD.WHERE IS SARKKI?I REST MY CASE
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by centboy123456(m): 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
manciti:
whenever issue of Biafra is mention I feel so sad and. sorry, I want to state here that the issue of Biafra war was senseless, an act of genocide, ethnic cleansing and human rights abuse- killing over a million of defenceless infant through starvation by our great leaders such as awolowo etc, it was one of the greatest mass genocide after 2world war - over 3 million people killed and yet we view it as a mere number- and non of the perpetrators has been convicted, jail or petition by so call human right groups, ICC and UN, maybe because Britain, Egypt and to extend Russia(world power) were behind while the great america watch the killing in neutrality.
this bring me to Issue of one Nigeria, a united country can only be created if the issue of mutual benefit is addressed e.g Scotland wasn't comfortable with brexit so they decide on referendum to determine their existence but on the other hand, they realize that they benefit more from the union with Britain than with EU, so they choose to stay. to keep a country as one is not by use of force currently practice by Nigeria government but by development, fairness and equality (why not entice easterners with infrastructural development, equal share in national issues and conducive environment for business) rather than throw all the country ammunition at them to subdue and kill them in the name of one Nigeria..
another issue I want to address is the issue of referendum, any time this issue is being mentioned our leaders mistook it for war, REFERENDUM Is NOT WAR and o yes the easterners deserve one, anyone can write or say what he or she wanna say but for fairness sake let the easterners decide their future for ones through peaceful voting (uncompromised and supervised by united Nation), only the easterner(south south and south east) formally defunt eastern region or break away Biafra can partake, and I want to stress it here that referendum is for agitator and not those in comfort. this means that West and middle belt region have no business demanding for referendum because they are comfortable with the setup and it favors them, they fought along with the federal troop against Biafra to unit the country and they never agitate for once which means they are integral part of the setup.
another vital point is the east(Igbo) vs South South, it should be appreciated that after ojukwu came another who is widely accepted by most igbos as their leader- nnamdi KANU, but remember if KANU is accepted by Igbo he is a leader of Igbo and not Biafra which comprise the present south south, I will point out that this is one of the key issue why ojukwu failed. the south south were consider as being part of Biafra territory but a minority and were no t carried along, and if there is a referendum that Biafra should go, the new country will be divided based on old map which include the south, therefore if KANU wants to be a real Biafra leader and bring biafra dreams ever closer, since he has partially congar the east, he should focus his attention on the south cos that is the region that will hastened the actualization of Biafra due to various reasons. he should organised meetings with chiefs elders and respected men of the major tribes in the region and gain their approval, enlightened them of the benefit of being part of the new country such as implementation of a decentralised system of government were every states of the federation is independent,develop and manage their resources.
East and south coalition can also be thought of as an alternative, were south east and south south can come together to fight for Biafra referendum after which they can seperate after independent has been achieved, maybe the south east (Biafra) and south south(Niger delta republic or whatever) and before this, every issue of national interest must be address such as boundaries, immigration policies, currency etc.
Note: waiting for the governor and political actors to act means waiting forever, because the political institutions of eastern and southern region has been highly compromise by federal government to deny the people of their right.
let Biafra arise.

very good point u just now
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by benjsniper33: 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
manciti:
whenever issue of Biafra is mention I feel so sad and. sorry, I want to state here that the issue of Biafra war was senseless, an act of genocide, ethnic cleansing and human rights abuse- killing over a million of defenceless infant through starvation by our great leaders such as awolowo etc, it was one of the greatest mass genocide after 2world war - over 3 million people killed and yet we view it as a mere number- and non of the perpetrators has been convicted, jail or petition by so call human right groups, ICC and UN, maybe because Britain, Egypt and to extend Russia(world power) were behind while the great america watch the killing in neutrality.
this bring me to Issue of one Nigeria, a united country can only be created if the issue of mutual benefit is addressed e.g Scotland wasn't comfortable with brexit so they decide on referendum to determine their existence but on the other hand, they realize that they benefit more from the union with Britain than with EU, so they choose to stay. to keep a country as one is not by use of force currently practice by Nigeria government but by development, fairness and equality (why not entice easterners with infrastructural development, equal share in national issues and conducive environment for business) rather than throw all the country ammunition at them to subdue and kill them in the name of one Nigeria..
another issue I want to address is the issue of referendum, any time this issue is being mentioned our leaders mistook it for war, REFERENDUM Is NOT WAR and o yes the easterners deserve one, anyone can write or say what he or she wanna say but for fairness sake let the easterners decide their future for ones through peaceful voting (uncompromised and supervised by united Nation), only the easterner(south south and south east) formally defunt eastern region or break away Biafra can partake, and I want to stress it here that referendum is for agitator and not those in comfort. this means that West and middle belt region have no business demanding for referendum because they are comfortable with the setup and it favors them, they fought along with the federal troop against Biafra to unit the country and they never agitate for once which means they are integral part of the setup.
another vital point is the east(Igbo) vs South South, it should be appreciated that after ojukwu came another who is widely accepted by most igbos as their leader- nnamdi KANU, but remember if KANU is accepted by Igbo he is a leader of Igbo and not Biafra which comprise the present south south, I will point out that this is one of the key issue why ojukwu failed. the south south were consider as being part of Biafra territory but a minority and were no t carried along, and if there is a referendum that Biafra should go, the new country will be divided based on old map which include the south, therefore if KANU wants to be a real Biafra leader and bring biafra dreams ever closer, since he has partially congar the east, he should focus his attention on the south cos that is the region that will hastened the actualization of Biafra due to various reasons. he should organised meetings with chiefs elders and respected men of the major tribes in the region and gain their approval, enlightened them of the benefit of being part of the new country such as implementation of a decentralised system of government were every states of the federation is independent,develop and manage their resources.
East and south coalition can also be thought of as an alternative, were south east and south south can come together to fight for Biafra referendum after which they can seperate after independent has been achieved, maybe the south east (Biafra) and south south(Niger delta republic or whatever) and before this, every issue of national interest must be address such as boundaries, immigration policies, currency etc.
Note: waiting for the governor and political actors to act means waiting forever, because the political institutions of eastern and southern region has been highly compromise by federal government to deny the people of their right.
let Biafra arise.

Continue to copy and paste in tribal sensitive threads.
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by kernel505: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
mynd1:

IPOB didn't frustrate you, but your failed nation. During Nigeria/Biafra war, was it not same British and it's Christian aliens that saved your ass?

You think we're ready for your terrorism in the name of religion.

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by kernel505: 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
PearlStreet:
There is something called persecution complex. It is something that affects majority of Igbos and makes them do irrational things.

Reminds me of an incident in Aba. Armed robbers shot someone and he was bleeding profusely. Guess what the people did? They put the bleeding victim in a wheelbarrow and pushed him all the way to nta at Ogbor Hill.

The guy was crying and begging them to take him to the hospital, but they said they wanted to show the 'International Community' that Igbos were marginalised and were not protected by the Hausa fulani police. The guy eventually died while on the way back from the TV station.

If given the opportunity, Biafrans would take God to the "International Community" for marginalising them. That's why they have refused to worship God and are now referring to one "Chukwu Okike Abiama" as their god.

As for this case, it's nothing new. It's a symptom of the persecution complex and mental escapism which Biafrans are suffering from.

They didn't add criminals like Evans and Bishop of Ozubulu, instead they are celebrating the criminals and blaming Fulanis for their own misdeeds.

The Biafrans ought to be given a Guinness World Record for being the largest group of comedians in the world.

Biafrans are driven by passion for there nation, yet we can't say same for Nigeria.

You're concerned about the lifes of Biafrans, while Nigerians are killed daily by Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen unabated.

Are you not worried that your nation doesn't have hospitals that can take care of your President, no roads.

Charity begins at home, stop trolling Biafran threads.

2 Likes

Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by PDPGuy: 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2017
abbey621:

You do realize that ATCA only seeks civil/financial compensation and has nothing to do with criminal acts and one of the requirements is that defendants must be a legal U.S resident. Finally unless the defendants have assets in the US, I doubt there's anything a U.s court can do to harm them, the proper place is the ICC but they have already been rejected there so I don't know their end game

Yes, the ATCA only seeks financial compensation. But assuming the court rules in favor of the plaintiffs, the defendants' assets could be frozen in the US, and may be used to pay the compensatory damages to the plaintiffs.

If the plaintiffs present new evidence of violence by the Nigerian state (and her agents) to the ICC, that court could even agree to hear the case.
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by abbey621(m): 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
PDPGuy:

Yes, the ATCA only seeks financial compensation. But assuming the court rules in favor of the plaintiffs, the defendants' assets could be frozen in the US, and may be used to pay the compensatory damages to the plaintiffs.

If the plaintiffs present new evidence of violence by the Nigerian state (and her agents) to the ICC, that court could even agree to hear the case.

You are assuming the defendants have assets in the USA grin grin grin I believe the ICC is the real place for extrajudicial killing related justice, these US courts are only making money for the lawyers angry angry
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by edupedia: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
mynd1:

...I said Igbos no get brain inside those flattelos....their world is to do shakara...pls what is supposed to be the significance of this yeye story...if I ask a lawyer to sue all the well known yeye Igbos on Nairaland for some useless unproved flimsy reason what will that amount to?....It is nothing but a manifestation of a confused belligrent group who can not see any way forward...there are thinking people from their land who are not necessarily Igbos...there are Professors and wise leaders of thought who are not necessarily Igbos who can lead the charge....but what do they do?...they are listening to a motor park Cow being followed by miscreants all over the place....they think they can do SERUBAWON to other Nigerians....now tell me what have they achieved since PMB took over?....Nothing.....Zero oju eja....if dem like let them sue the whole of Nigeria...awon olodo......
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by okerekeikpo: 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
Kazim88:

They would not be killed... but depending on the evidence.. the plaintiff could be award to a tune of 150 million US dollars
at least they will go broke then we will deal with them back here
Re: Full List Of Nigerians Charged For Extra-judicial Killings In The US Revealed by PDPGuy: 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
abbey621:

You are assuming the defendants have assets in the USA grin grin grin I believe the ICC is the real place for extrajudicial killing related justice, these US courts are only making money for the lawyers angry angry
Obiano has a home in the US, not sure if the others have assets in the US.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? / Ochanja Market: Mob Stopped Firefighters From Putting Out Fire - CGF / Unknown Gunmen Attack APC Campaign Rally In Enugu (Videos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.