Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum (21209 Views)

Wike On Edo Election: South-South Governors Will Be In Edo To Stop Intimidation / South-South Governors To Establish Regional Security Outfit / Atiku Abubakar Meets With South-East And South-South Governors In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
Ok
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by shevy878: 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
pls what happen to bayelsa state gov ? Ever since that man spoke against jonathan i have not heard or seen him in public.
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by nothernstar: 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
I pray this union doesn't die with end of the governors tenor present and let not political wickedness and political alignment not kill this noble idea. For decade past, other regions have fed fat on our dis unity. Making the region that lay the golden egg to suffer. Now that we have woken up to the realities of Nigeria politics where wickedness, political vendetta, rancour and politics of divide and rules (5%)is the order of the day, I pray to God to sideline all the enemies of this region and anybody that will make these laudable idea not work.
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
nothernstar:
I pray this union doesn't die with end of the governors tenor present and let not political wickedness and political alignment not kill this noble idea. For decade past, other regions have fed fat on our dis unity. Making the region that lay the golden egg to suffer. Now that we have woken up to the realities of Nigeria politics where wickedness, political vendetta, rancour and politics of divide and rules (5%)is the order of the day, I pray to God to sideline all the enemies of this region and anybody that will make these laudable idea not work.

The vision won't die...many of the younger generation have similar dreams...i see a Singapore,Hongkong, Malaysian model in that territory

1 Like

Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Akainzo(m): 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
fredfish:
COMMUNIQUE OF THE MEETING OF SOUTH-EAST/ SOUTH-SOUTH GOVERNORS FORUM IN GOVERNMENT HOUSE, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE, ON SUNDAY 27 AUGUST, 2017.

The Governors of the South-East and South-South States of the Federal Republic of Nigeria met in Port Harcourt, Rivers State on Sunday 27 August, 2017 to deliberate on critical economic and political issues common to the interests of the States in the Nation’s affairs.

Concerned about the reality of the dearth of infrastructure, the Forum noted with dismay:

1. The deplorable state of federal roads in the two regions. That none of the airports and seaports located in our regions is reasonably functional, and that neither of the two regions are linked by any rail services.

You know this country is in trouble when so called leaders cannot even tell each other the truth or acknowledge the truth.

a. Port Harcourt International Airport that has about 20 local flights and 2 International flights daily is not reasonably functional.
b. The PH-Enugu rail services that runs every weekday is actually linking PH to Ondo since neither PH nor Enugu is in either SS or SE.

How did we get to this state of affairs in this country?
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
Akainzo:

You know this country is in trouble when so called leaders cannot even tell each other the truth or acknowledge the truth.

a. Port Harcourt International Airport that has about 20 local flights and 2 International flights daily is not reasonably functional.
b. The PH-Enugu rail services that runs every weekday is actually linking PH to Ondo since neither PH nor Enugu is in either SS or SE.

How did we get to this state of affairs in this country?

The meeting will highlight concerns and as the years go we can expect them to be addressed...the S.S. and S.E. should be hopeful of a bright future...
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by julietm123: 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2017
Only 6-8 makes sense. Nothing on ground even after the previous meeting.
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by TundeHashim(m): 6:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
mrphysics:
4. To continue to subscribe our faith to the destiny and greatness of Nigeria and call upon Nigerians to put their hands on the plough and rise to claim our rightful place in the Comity of Nations.

And they wept at this...
lol

1 Like

Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by TourismMan(m): 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
Narldon:
I don't know what to say

Must you say something?
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Emycord: 6:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
so referendums was not discussed? OK no elections
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by DabuIIIT: 6:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
Waste of time
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Nword22: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
They must as a matter of urgency give I.D card to anyone who is not from South EAST-SOUTH-SOUTH.

Ban all Muslims from Northern Nigeria and South West from crossing River Niger.

Discriminate and kill anyone who don't look like us.Period.

Let me see that low thinking inferior mod that will ban me again and I will fucck the hell outta his mama.
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by edupedia: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2017
amjoseph19:
"That the Federal presence in the regions is very minimal and only noticeable in the presence of policemen"

lol... When Buhari tagged you guys "5%" He wasn't joking.

....so what did GEJ do all the 8yrs?

....so what was Anyim Secretary of the Federation for?

....so despite 8 yes of the nations purse in the hands of people from these zones they were just sharing money like buffet?

....so despite their people being in charge of airports and all the noise that they renewed all the airports it was all fake?

....Now they expect PMB to do in two years what they could not do in 17 years

....Worse still GEJ/PDP wants to 419 the memory if Nigerians with the useless Igbos in tow?

...Okay we are waiting....u na hia?

3 Likes

Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Guyman02: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2017
fredfish:
COMMUNIQUE OF THE MEETING OF SOUTH-EAST/ SOUTH-SOUTH GOVERNORS FORUM IN GOVERNMENT HOUSE, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE, ON SUNDAY 27 AUGUST, 2017.

2. That the Federal presence in the regions is very minimal and only noticeable in the presence of policemen.

Mostly useless Policemen from the North collecting bribes from drivers at checkpoints and harassing the people with their riffles angry
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by hector: 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
hollywoodscape:
I want the akwa cross to be autonomous. City border wall and ID database are necessary. But I don't understand why the akwa ibom people are so dumb.no vision whatsoever. No voice whatsoever. What's going on?

God punish u! Na your people dey dumb!! goat of the century.
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
unohbethel:
nice all d way..

but wait, why shouldnt they be specific about the rising tension in their lands and suggest ways to solve it

Which tension?

You mean asking for referendum/pursuing self determination generates tension?
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
Unimaginable123:
All these resolutions are useless. We need something practical

like referendum

1 Like

Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by richidinho(m): 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
Bolustical:

How would the SE think of anything called SEAPORTS when the region does not have ANY access to the SEA i.e LANDLOCKED? grin grin grin

Please tell me.

And GEJ completed the East-West Road now grin grin grin

Go back and read again may be you will see the two region involve, agbaya

4 Likes

Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
Bolustical:

But GEJ (in all his 5 years)constructed all the roads in the SE and Stella Oduah completed all the remodelling plans of the airports (including Akanu Ibiam) and Diezani as Min. of Transport(later Petroleum) used all within her powers to revive the railway in that region.

That is the man reason the SE particularly gave the Otuoke man over 95% of their votes.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

receive sense

1 Like

Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Bolustical: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
richidinho:

Go back and read again may be you will see the two region involve, agbaya

Is Onne port a local seaport?

1 Like

Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
After Anambra election boycott, their eyes will clear well well. This is just the beginning.
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Ugosample(m): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2017
Bolustical:

But GEJ (in all his 5 years)constructed all the roads in the SE and Stella Oduah completed all the remodelling plans of the airports (including Akanu Ibiam) and Diezani as Min. of Transport(later Petroleum) used all within her powers to revive the railway in that region.

That is the man reason the SE particularly gave the Otuoke man over 95% of their votes.

Buhari has a constituted responsibility to build the federal projects in the South East.

But many id you covertly support that Buhari do nothing in the SE.

And you people say we are all Nigerians

Tufiakwa

4 Likes

Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Izonpikin: 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
guterMann:
All bark and no bite.

All these have been discussed for eons ago.

I thought they would advocate for restructuring and regionalism.

(1) The deplorable state of federal roads in the two regions. That none of the airports and seaports located in our regions is reasonably functional, and that neither of the two regions are linked by any rail services.

REALLY?YOU THINK THE HAUSA/FULANI CONTROLLED NIGERIA CARES ABOUT YOU?FEDERAL ROADS,AIRPORTS AND SEAPORTS ARE IN THE EXECUTIVE LISTS AND CAN NOT BE CARRIED OUT BY STATE GOVERNMENTS.ASK FOR REGIONALISM SO THAT YOU CAN BUILD THESE WITH YOUR RESOURCES.

2. That the Federal presence in the regions is very minimal and only noticeable in the presence of policemen.

FEDERAL PRESENCE?YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT YOU ARE 5%,YOU STILL NEED TO BE REMINDED?

3. The emerging trend where approvals for investments in the oil and gas industry are granted for siting in other parts of Nigeria with laying of pipelines in deep waters rather than siting the projects in the areas that produce the resources.

SMELL THE COFFE.NIGERIA DOS NOT BELONG TO YOU .IT MAKES ECONOMIC SENSE TO SITE INDUSTRIES NEAR RAW MATERIALS,BUT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WOULD RATHER SITE INDUSTRIES IN THEIR 'PREFERRED ' LOCATIONS AND SPEND BILLIONS TO LAY THE PIPELINES.

(4). To continue to subscribe our faith to the destiny and greatness of Nigeria and call upon Nigerians to put their hands on the plough and rise to claim our rightful place in the Comity of Nations.

BIG NAME WEY DEY KILL SMALL DOG.NIGERIA IS NOT GREAT AND WILL NEVER BE GREAT,AFTER 50 YEARS IT IS STILL MOVING IN REVERSE GEAR.CHAMPION A BETTER COURSE AND LEAVE THE 'DESTINY AND GREATNESS OF NIGERIA'.MAYBE BECAUSE THE STATUS QUO FAVORS YOU.

5. To condemn hate speech in national discourse whether in individual communication, or utterances of political actors or parties.

TELL THAT TO BUHARI,THE 'AUTHOR' AND 'FINISHER' OF HATE SPEECH

(6) To urge security agencies to set up joint border patrols and develop more proactive strategies in combating crime and criminality.

MORE ROAD BLOCKS FOR THE SECURITY AGENCIES YOU MEAN?MORE EGUNJE FOR THEM

THE SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN
reason why I am angry...the governors are still daft not to know the real solution to our problems...how can our airports and seaports work when we ain't practicing true federalism......daft governors...freaks...

2 Likes

Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by omenkaLives(m): 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
Bolustical:

That is the main reason the SE particularly gave the Otuoke man over 95% of their votes.

The kids on this forum are obsessed with the name Buhari honestly. How is Buhari responsible for the alleged lack of federal presence in the SE or SS?

They had a Jonathan who was there for almost six years and baba is barely over two years yet they prefer to blame Buhari.

What a funny bunch of delusional ignoramuses.

2 Likes

Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by ProWalker: 6:52pm On Aug 28, 2017
Unimaginable123:
All these resolutions are useless. We need something practical

What you need is Biafra
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by unohbethel(m): 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
onyenze123:

Which tension?

You mean asking for referendum/pursuing self determination generates tension?

my bros i mean the tension generated from demanding of referendum by SEners and SSners..also why didnt they mentioned about it?
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by zionmade1: 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nword22:

Call your mama, ban or no ban I will speak my mind.
kids everywhere
how old are u?
i think NL mods should put up this question "are u insane? Yes/No" before anybody can register a new moniker.its probobly possible many deranged persons who luckily picked up a camera phones in the waste dumps are here

2 Likes

Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by jbhill(m): 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
Bolustical:

How would the SE think of anything called SEAPORTS when the region does not have ANY access to the SEA i.e LANDLOCKED? grin grin grin

Please tell me.

And GEJ completed the East-West Road now grin grin grin
what do you mean mr?
Re: Communique Of The Meeting Of South-east/ South-south Governors Forum by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
unohbethel:

my bros i mean the tension generated from demanding of referendum by SEners and SSners..also why didnt they mentioned about it?

Nigerians are not civilised people that's why call for self determination/referendum generates tension.

They Governors know that Nnamdi Kanu is saying the truth and the truth is about to set the people free. They are careful because He (KANU) can shut down the entire eastern region. The people are solidly behind KANU and they (governors) don't want to lose their base supporters and they (being cowards) don't want to upset the Hausa-Fulani hegemony. So they usually make general statements (which are useless by the way) when pressed.

My neighbor who is against Biafra but supports referendum change his position quickly after traveling to Enugu from PH last weekend. He was greatly massaged by the horrible road they called federal road. He is now a full fledge IPOB grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Will Fund Aisha’s Office? – PDP / Nigeria Joins OPEC To Cut Crude Oil Production / We’re Ready To Be Aso Rock Sweepers, Miyetti Allah Begs Tinubu For Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.