Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days (2275 Views)

My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal / My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling / What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by xyoung: 9:39am On Aug 29, 2017
Just wondering why this is happening.

though 2 months ago, i noticed after buying fuel from a particular filling station close to my house, it doesnt last. i stopped buying from them. i also realized whenever my brake pad is getting to iron-iron stage, my fuel finish faster and thirdly my O2 sensor also played a part in running my tank empty.

But i just changed brake pad and O2 sensor 3 weeks ago. Why is it still running dry so fast?
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by kollysnut(m): 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
Oga, drop details of ur car,
No name, no model, no year.... u won't get reply from guru help. Help us will help u.
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by diportivo: 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
xyoung:
Just wondering why this is happening.

though 2 months ago, i noticed after buying fuel from a particular filling station close to my house, it doesnt last. i stopped buying from them. i also realized whenever my brake pad is getting to iron-iron stage, my fuel finish faster and thirdly my O2 sensor also played a part in running my tank empty.

But i just changed brake pad and O2 sensor 3 weeks ago. Why is it still running dry so fast?

its a general factory issue with the CHERY QQ

post a pic of ur dashboard after the engine might av run for 30mins
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by xyoung: 9:32am On Sep 19, 2017
kollysnut:
Oga, drop details of ur car,
No name, no model, no year.... u won't get reply from guru help. Help us will help u.

ok so sorry i forgot to mention details of my car
it is toyota camry 2005 aka Big daddy
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by kollysnut(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2017
xyoung:

ok so sorry i forgot to mention details of my car
it is toyota camry 2005 aka Big daddy

Engine capacity pls.....r u driving a V6 or 4 cylinder.
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by nurey(m): 11:01am On Sep 19, 2017
so if my fuel finish compared to before, its time to start diagnosis and try to pinpoint what the issue is

-my first point of call would be to confirm the fuel tank isn't leaking
-Then i move next to the real calculation, if my calculation is more than +2L to manufacturer quoted stats, then i am not satisfied i move next to another diagnosis
- I confirm i am running the recommended tyre and pressure, using the right oil weight and not heavy on the foot. if all these checks out and still no improvement, then i go deeper
- First deeper steps is to run a scan if no codes then
- Service maintenance have i changed the spark plug, is it the recommended one? Has the air filter been changed, have i cleaned the throttle body thoroughly if after all these i am not satisfied
- A high level diagnosis is involved and an updated technician, he has to check the engine condition, once an engine has ran so many miles and alot of work has been done, it loses its agility, just like we humans, the older we get, the more we cant perform some Youngy work. All these combined will pinpoint the issue.
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by xyoung: 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
kollysnut:

Engine capacity pls.....r u driving a V6 or 4 cylinder.
V4

1 Like

Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by xyoung: 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
I cleaned the air filter to be sure it isnt from there, replaced O2 sensor, balanced my tyres pressure and cleaned the injector nozzle
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by xyoung: 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
nurey:
so if my fuel finish compared to before, its time to start diagnosis and try to pinpoint what the issue is

-Then i move next to the real calculation, if my calculation is more than +2L to manufacturer quoted stats, then i am not satisfied i move next to another diagnosis
- I confirm i am running the recommended tyre and pressure, using the right oil weight and not heavy on the foot. if all these checks out and still no improvement, then i go deeper
- Service maintenance have i changed the spark plug, is it the recommended one? Has the air filter been changed, have i cleaned the throttle body thoroughly if after all these i am not satisfied
- A high level diagnosis is involved and an updated technician, he has to check the engine condition, once an engine has ran so many miles and alot of work has been done, it loses its agility, just like we humans, the older we get, the more we cant perform some Youngy work. All these combined will pinpoint the issue.

i will have to do the highlighted point. Thanks man
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by xyoung: 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
nurey:

the recommended tyre size online is P205/65R15 but i am using P205/70R15. What is the effect of this difference?
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by nurey(m): 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
xyoung:

the recommended tyre size online is P205/65R15 but i am using P205/70R15. What is the effect of this difference?

i dont think that is the result of your fuel consumption, this will only affect speedometer reading the fuel effect is highly negligible. Start with the calculation first to determine what you running for every 100km, also do you have your check engine light on?
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by xyoung: 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
nurey:

i dont think that is the result of your fuel consumption, this will only affect speedometer reading the fuel effect is highly negligible. Start with the calculation first to determine what you running for every 100km, also do you have your check engine light on?
Yes Engine Check light sign is ON

and i am wondering how i will do this calculation. How do i get the exact fuel capacity lost in litres for every 100km covered? My gauge is the analogue pointer type, not digital
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by nurey(m): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
xyoung:

Yes Engine Check light sign is ON

and i am wondering how i will do this calculation. How do i get the exact fuel capacity lost in litres for every 100km covered? My gauge is the analogue pointer type, not digital

Your check engine light ON means there are still pending issues with the car, scan and post codes.

for the fuel thing, the right way is to full your tank, drive for 100km exactly using your odometer readings A or B (i hope you know how to reset these) then buy full tank again and note how many litres on the dispensing machine. you can do this three times to get something tangible as your reading.
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by Deprofessional(m): 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
xyoung:

Please I am a novice. Did you notice any change in ground clearance when you change your tyres to P205/65R15?
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by NLOwner(m): 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
nurey:

Bro please explain the bolded..

I would like to learn, how do car tyre size affect speedometer reading?
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by nurey(m): 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
NLOwner:

Bro please explain the bolded..

I would like to learn, how do car tyre size affect speedometer reading?

here you go

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-driving-safety/safety-regulatory-devices/speedometer4.htm
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by NLOwner(m): 4:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Re: My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days by Originalsly: 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
xyoung:

though 2 months ago, i noticed after buying fuel from a particular filling station close to my house, it doesnt last.
I strongly believe this is the main cause of your problem. If you always filled your tank..... and are sure the same is being done at this station then most likely the problem lies somewhere else. If you buy fuel in terms of X liters or x Naira worth then most likely you are being cheated at the pump.I suggest you compare how far the needle moves when X litres/X Naira worth of fuel is put at each station. You may see a big difference.

(1) (Reply)

I Got Gifted This As Prophet Gazzuzz Said / Rolls-Royce Cullinan: World’s Most Luxurious SUV Debuts In Nigeria / BMW I8 Vs 2015 Corvette Stringray? (IMAGE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.