Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... (33260 Views)

I Need Recommendation For A Tecno Phone For My Son Of 17yrs, For 25/30000 / Tecno Phone With 18 Karat Gold Cover. See Reactions (Photos) / I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by princetom1(m): 8:15am On Aug 31, 2017
FellaL:
Words are cheap. So, I'll let this slide.

He is saying the truth, u can't find tecno and infinix in china. People in China don't know such brand exist

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by Mac2016(m): 8:18am On Aug 31, 2017
Adeolaraji:
Carlcare service is a scam. Why give a warranty when you have incompetent engineers at your centres. Why give a waranty when your product are not a guaranteed. I bought a Camon cx not up to 3months and it's faulty.. A functional fault for which the screen is no more working without a scratch or a physical defect. Then I took the phone to carlcare office ilorin they collected and registered my phone but the phone was returned to me the next day that they couldn't fix it. Why would carlcare tell me that they couldn't fix a phone that I bought. I lost my money on tecno flagship phone. I have been calling the phone( 08138615848) of the headquarter and no one is picking up the calls. I keep calling, calling and calling. I also went back to 3C Hub where I bought the phone and they said there is nothing they can do about it since its a tecno phone, I have to go to carlcare for any complain.
We need to escalate your issue so that they will fix the problem for you as you are still under warranty they shd give u a new phone Camon CX as replacement.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by Damfostopper(m): 8:19am On Aug 31, 2017
I started using Techno when Nokia was not bringing out Android phones... my first Techno was P9....i enjoyed it... I move to Techno G9.....i enjoyed it until the malware attack which was my fault.... I sold it and bought Techno droidpad 8D for 48k last year... August.... it's one year plus now... am enjoying.... Dont know where you guys buy ur phone.... after reading all the bash against Techno.... e weak me.... I might return to Nokia Android or HTC...... as for Samsung .....xaomi.... itel.... and other rubbish phones....i can't recommend it even to my enemy... I hate Samsung die

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by hotwax: 8:20am On Aug 31, 2017
Techno C8 nearly killed me last year. My wife's infinix phone was the same. Me and my family has vowed never to go back to those useless brands again.
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by slenjaman(m): 8:21am On Aug 31, 2017
let us not outrightly rule out techno phones and the likes just because they are made from China. most of all the big name phones we see today will definitely have one or two input from Chinese company. it therefore means that all phones are China. there is no phone product that doesn't have their issues not minding the product.
What I see is that they need to improve in there calcare centers.
let us not be deceived, the Chinese are genius when it comes to technology. in fact we cannot trace the history of technology and not make reference to China.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 31, 2017
Na correct you talk bro they no they use that phone in China at all. Even they no dey sell am in Asia na Africa market them they sell am too mostly west Africa and east Nigeria na their number one customer
ThatCEO:

And who told you Tecno is a Chinese brand? Go to China or ask anyone who is China to help you buy a Tecno or Infinix. If they can find Tecno or Infinix in China, I will donate my 2 balls to you. shocked Funny how people think the Chinese have low standards that they will use a fukNo.

That shit is just being packaged in one garage. Nothing more.

The only reason why I pity the OP is that he has enough money to buy from a good brand, but chose to gamble with Tecno. Penny wise, pound foolish.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by CIOSYLVA(m): 8:24am On Aug 31, 2017
So u think making front page on Nairaland will make u get ur phone or money back..

My friend be serious and return the phone to the place u bought and arrest them.

It can happen in any product.. And no biz venture will want to lose by replacing the product. But if u shout for them they know wot to do.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by avicky(f): 8:25am On Aug 31, 2017
Adeolaraji:
I have been using TECNO phones since the phantom A1 comes on board.

I have used Alot of TECNO phones from H7, R7, Phantom z and the great camon c9 and I never had the cause to go to carlcare.

This camon cx is something I swear. I have seen a lot more owner having the same Problem with mine.

And carlcare customer care isn't friendly... Don't know maybe it's the Nigerian office or carlcare generally
Why can't you send it to carlcare Lagos yourself? And see what they have to say.
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by ExInferis(m): 8:27am On Aug 31, 2017
FellaL:
China this.. China that... Even Samsung phones are manufactured in Asian countries. China, is part of the 6. If Calcare should replace their Nigerian workforce with Chinese people, we would complain. We would cast the Chinese. Whereas, Nigerians just have a knack for spoiling things. We hadly ever manage systems, structures, organisations like they were ours.

Poor Services are not a Chinese problem, they are a Nigerian problem, everybody in this country is angry and rude. Sigh! I need to exit this country though.

Shitty product is shitty product, don't blame nigerians for being shafted by the chinese.

These people ship in substandard products and have been doing so since the time of Moses.

And it's not just in Nigeria. Go to Shenzhen and see how some of these phones are made in dark alleys and corner shops.

They sell them all over underdeveloped countries.

By the way Infinix, Tecno, Itel, and CarlCare are all one and the same under the same company, Transsion.

Like I said elsewhere before:

CHEAP IS NEVER GOOD, GOOD IS NEVER CHEAP.
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by xtborn(m): 8:32am On Aug 31, 2017
Adeolaraji:
Carlcare service is a scam. Why give a warranty when you have incompetent engineers at your centres. Why give a waranty when your product are not a guaranteed. I bought a Camon cx not up to 3months and it's faulty.. A functional fault for which the screen is no more working without a scratch or a physical defect. Then I took the phone to carlcare office ilorin they collected and registered my phone but the phone was returned to me the next day that they couldn't fix it. Why would carlcare tell me that they couldn't fix a phone that I bought. I lost my money on tecno flagship phone. I have been calling the phone( 08138615848) of the headquarter and no one is picking up the calls. I keep calling, calling and calling. I also went back to 3C Hub where I bought the phone and they said there is nothing they can do about it since its a tecno phone, I have to go to carlcare for any complain.

I had exactly the same problem after I got my Techno Phantom 6 - the screen just went blank within one week and it did not fall on the ground or anything like that. I took it to carlcare in PH and luckily for me, they fixed it without any hassle. Have been using it since then. Lucky me.
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by lalabrother: 8:32am On Aug 31, 2017
Bro am typing from my tecno c8 that I've been using since November 2015. I've never taken it to any engineer neither have I had a regret. I think your case is something that happens sometimes.

I have an iPhone 4 that's less than 2years old but its dead and computer village people said that there's nothing they can do about except if I want to change the panel which will cost same price as another tokunbo iphone4.

So these things happen...
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by buchilino(m): 8:33am On Aug 31, 2017
AS 4 ME, AM USING "PHARAOH LET MY PPLE GO", (FERO). N I MUST SAY IT'S NOT A BAD PHONE.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2017
Typing with my tecno y3 since may 2015 till now.. Op may I sell you my y3 or make we swap. Gimme ur canon cx and take y3.but you go and like 5k oo

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2017
The truth of the matter is that Nigerians have a very bad maintainance culture.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by wordsplay(m): 8:36am On Aug 31, 2017
ThatCEO:

And who told you Tecno is a Chinese brand? Go to China or ask anyone who is China to help you buy a Tecno or Infinix. If they can find Tecno or Infinix in China, I will donate my 2 balls to you. shocked Funny how people think the Chinese have low standards that they will use a fukNo.

The only reason why I pity the OP is that he has enough money to buy from a good brand, but chose to gamble with Tecno. Penny wise, pound foolish.
this is what i keep telling techno/infinix faithfuls. those phones cant even see the light of day in china, they aint qualified thats why the sell ONLY in Africa (the dumping ground). Google is ur friend, try searching for those phones in chinese stores like aliexpress and the likes, na only for here we sabi the nonsense
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by Sike(m): 8:37am On Aug 31, 2017
To me, Tecno has come and go. Over to Xiaomi...............

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by Buffalo2(m): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2017
Take ur case to their twitter handle and if deres no response, sue dem.
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:02am On Aug 31, 2017
bastien:
have you been to China before before arriving at your conclusion? Tecno is being sold in UK now,let alone China.

If you don't know, all smartphone are being assembled in Asia countries.
Lol, who is deceiving you, please who, when my sister's phone (tecno) fell inside water by seaside in portsmouth when she went to slay, she took it to an engineer, the engineer blatantly refused to touch it, said it's an "unknown brand", even when she just got there, the phone wasn't roaming, she couldn't use it
Lastly, if tecno is well known in China then it should be on aliexpress na abi
Wake up and stop sleeping on okada

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by sweetkev(m): 9:02am On Aug 31, 2017
Realkenny:
If you are looking for a low end phone with good hardware and manageable software then buy GIONEE
The only substandard China phone I can recommend is GIONEE. They are way better than Tecno, infinix and the rest.
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by sod09(m): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2017
i Have updated on Tecno Wen I used c8 that phone wanted to kill me
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2017
sweetkev:
The only substandard China phone I can recommend is GIONEE. They are way better than Tecno, infinix and the rest.
True
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 31, 2017
wordsplay:

this is what i keep telling techno/infinix faithfuls. those phones cant even see the light of day in china, they aint qualified thats why the sell ONLY in Africa (the dumping ground). Google is ur friend, try searching for those phones in chinese stores like aliexpress and the likes, na only for here we sabi the nonsense

It is on Amazon ooo... I'm also surprised.

Both tecno and infinix

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by yankison(m): 9:05am On Aug 31, 2017
See down post
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by yankison(m): 9:05am On Aug 31, 2017
Adeolaraji:

Please you people should go for Huawei phones they are just too good in all ramifications than tekno or infinite combined.. Too bad I heard they stopped producing phones for Africa.. Their phone are used mostly in the United States and UK, rocking my honor 8 too bad
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by sikells(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2017
ThatCEO:

TECNO Mobile is a Chinese mobile phone manufacturer. Tecno began operations in July 2006 in Hong Kong. With its first research and development centre in Shanghai , China, Tecno Mobile was founded as Tecno Telecom Limited, but later changed its name to Transsion Holdings with Tecno Mobile serving as one of its subsidiaries. Tecno focused its business on Africa and the South Asian market.... na Google talk am

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by yankison(m): 9:10am On Aug 31, 2017
sweetkev:

Your are wrong, Huawei phone are the best
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by onilanre(m): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2017
the same way im feeling right now... they couldnt fix mine too and the phone is next than 6 months. im thinking of going to gsm village.
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by ipledge10(m): 9:12am On Aug 31, 2017
ThatCEO:

when I was in South Dakota, I was telling one Chinese girl how big tecno is in Nigeria. She told me, she hasn't heard anything like that before. So I decided to press tecno on google, the first google suggestion was tecno Nigeria twitter account.
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:13am On Aug 31, 2017
Riyikebaby:
My C9 is almost a year and I'm still rocking it well, sorry about your phone OP
Just hold on to your c9, it's a very good phone
I enjoyed it, but i thought cx will be better so i sold my c9 to get this kpangolo camon cx
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:14am On Aug 31, 2017
yankison:

Huawei is not substandard
Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by yankison(m): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2017
OHIsIManuEL:

Huawei is not substandard

Sorry wrong comprehension... They are a top notch phones.. Rocking my Honor 8..they are even better than Samsung in all

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... by sweetkev(m): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2017
yankison:

I said substandard phones for low budget. Huawei is a standard Chinese phone nao.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The USB Power Adapter Charger I Bought In Gombe Today(pics) Advice pls! / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria / Latest Glo Data Plan 2018, Prices, Codes To Subscribe And Activate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.