Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,329 members, 7,819,131 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched (2853 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Femi Fani Kayode Emerges The New Yoruba Leader(pix) / Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried / How A New Yoruba Leader Will Emerge, By Sijuwade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 7:10am On Feb 22, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Yes igbo people ruined Nigeria
acred when their guardian angel filled with Yoruba love, babapupa is alive. Talk is cheap, action speaks louder than words.[/b][/size][/color]

Dispute/challenge my facts or keep it moving. I just can't be bothered with your loony talk.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by Abagworo(m): 7:31am On Feb 22, 2010
Inspite of the internet,intellectual and economic fight between yorubas and igbos,has anyone ever heard of yorubas killing igbos or vise versa?that is what we call healthy competition.abeg igbos,yorubas,ijaws and other southern minorities can co-exist.our major problem is the north.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by aloyemeka2: 7:40am On Feb 22, 2010
babapupa:

Dispute/challenge my facts or keep it moving. I just can't be bothered with your loony talk.

[size=14pt]This issue has been beaten to death here many times. There is no time to engage in this Yoruba/igbo discourse. As a matter of fact, I don't know how this issue concerns Igbos just like tpia has been chanting. The time is ripe for your action. You saw what Wyclef did for his Haiti people?. Your love for Yoruba should not only be in theory and limited to  nairaland rather, it's time to put it in practice. Garner your loins and head to Jos for the emancipation of your people if you are truly a man of your word. Enough of this online bickering and get to work else, you will remain a bloody schmuck like your minions.[/size]
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 22, 2010
[size=16pt]WHAT TPIA HAS BEEN CHANTING IS HOW DOES YORUBA MATTER CONCERN ALOY EMEKA.

DOES SHE (ALOY EMEKA) NOT KNOW WHERE SHE COMES FROM?

WHY MUST SHE ATTACH HERSELF TO YORUBA ALL THE TIME?

DEM SWEAR FOR AM?
[/size]
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 7:50am On Feb 22, 2010
aloy-emeka:

[size=14pt]This issue has been beaten to death here many times.[/size]

Like I said, chalenge my facts or keep it moving. I don't have time for your loony talk.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by aloyemeka2: 8:01am On Feb 22, 2010
babapupa:

Like I said, chalenge  my facts or keep it moving. I don't have time for your loony talk.

Why do you keep diverting this thread?. Your initial was that the Yoruba chief is useless and should be thinking of how to evacuate his people back to Yoruba land. Since he is not here to read your suggestion and anger towards him, why not lead the crusade?. Do you need two heads to lead your people out of danger?. This goes to show the hypocrisy underlined in your suggestion here. Let them do it while I issue ordfers online. Bloody coward.

Instead of addressing the issue at hand, you are more interested in unleashing your generic animosity on Igbos by starting a vain arguement. Are Igbos the ones killing your brothers in Jos?. Go and check Nairaland history and read pages where this issue has been beatren to death. Its like the Biafra/Ojukwu saga. If you want the pages, I can exhume them and let you read at your best. I do not indulge in beating a dead horse. we are in 2010 and the Yorubas in Jos are in danger in 2010 and not in 1966. Geddit?
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by RichyBlacK(m): 8:08am On Feb 22, 2010
babapupa:

Well said, except that Igbo people before and after the war were blessed with the same rights enjoyed by the westerners and northerners.
Just because Igbo people and Huasa people in the north weren't getting along doesn't mean they were not part of Nigeria or were denied any kind of rights. What happened was limited to the northern part of Nigeria.

An Igbo man was the president of Nigeria, an Igbo man was the vice presidents of Nigeria, Igbo men were and still are ministers, senators, governors permanent secretaries, managers and directors of paratatals all over the country, Igbo men are major power brokers in the same Nigeria.

All your paranoia talk just doesn't hold any water, just the same selfish and preferential treatment talk.

Which of these principles do you disagree with?

1. All citizens are guaranteed equal rights.
2. The rights of citizens are not dependent on the geographical location they find themselves, except if explicitly stated.
3. Every citizen has the right to do business any where in the nation.
4. Citizens reserve the right to self-defense to save life and property.

Try answering this simple question.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 8:09am On Feb 22, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Why do you keep diverting this thread?. Your initial was that the Yoruba chief is useless and should be thinking of how to evacuate his people back to Yoruba land. Since he is not here to read your suggestion and anger towards him, why not lead the crusade?. Do you need two heads to lead your people out of danger?. This goes to show the hypocrisy underlined in your suggestion here. Let them do it while I issue ordfers online. Bloody coward.

Instead of addressing the issue at hand, you are more interested in unleashing your generic animosity on Igbos by starting a vain arguement. Are Igbos the ones killing your brothers in Jos?. Go and check Nairaland history and read pages where this issue has been beatren to death. Its like the Biafra/Ojukwu saga. If you want the pages, I can exhume them and let you read at your best. I do not indulge in beating a dead horse. we are in 2010 and the Yorubas in Jos are in danger in 2010 and not in 1966. Geddit?

Your kinfolks diverted the thread with their Igbo against the world crap as usual. So, you might want to keep quiet and redirect your meaningless rant to them.

And you still haven't produced the population numbers I asked you to produce. Please do that instead of posting worthless nonsense all over the place.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 8:13am On Feb 22, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Which of these principles do you disagree with?

1. All citizens are guaranteed equal rights.
2. The rights of citizens are not dependent on the geographical location they find themselves, except it explicitly stated.
3. Every citizen has the right to do business any where in the nation.
4. Citizens reserve the right to self-defense to save life and property.

Try answering this simple question.

Are you saying Igbo people were denied their rights before the civil war or at anytime? What's your point really?

Obviously, I didn't disagree with anything, I basically pointed out that Igbo people before and after the war were blessed with the same rights enjoyed by the westerners and northerners.

Also that just because Igbo people and Huasa people in the north weren't getting along doesn't mean they were not part of Nigeria or were denied any kind of rights. What happened was limited to the northern part of Nigeria.

And Igbo man was the president of Nigeria, an Igbo man was the vice presidents of Nigeria, Igbo men were and still are ministers, senators, governors permanent secretaries, managers and directors of paratatals all over the country, Igbo men are major power brokers in the same Nigeria.

True or false?
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by RichyBlacK(m): 8:16am On Feb 22, 2010
babapupa:

Are you saying Igbo people were denied their rights before the civil war or at anytime? What's your point really?

Obviously, I didn't disagree with anything, I basically pointed out that Igbo people before and after the war were blessed with the same rights enjoyed by the westerners and northerners.

Also that just because Igbo people and Huasa people in the north weren't getting along doesn't mean they were not part of Nigeria or were denied any kind of rights. What happened was limited to the northern part of Nigeria.

And Igbo man was the president of Nigeria, an Igbo man was the vice presidents of Nigeria, Igbo men were and still are ministers, senators, governors permanent secretaries, managers and directors of paratatals all over the country, Igbo men are major power brokers in the same Nigeria.

True or false?

So, if you do not "disagree with anything", then why are you suggesting that fellow Nigerians should abandon their property and leave their places of residence because of the criminal activities of a few miscreants?
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by Justcash(m): 8:28am On Feb 22, 2010
Babapupa will you shut up!

Yorubas are Nigerians. They must stay in Jos whether good or bad, till death does Nigeria part.  grin

You guys fought to keep Nigeria one. That is very brave of the Yorubas. Oya! it is time to co-exist as one!  grin

Coward like you!

How did Igbo get into this topic? Abeg, leave my people alone o. We are very much in the North and West. We are ready to remain in Nigeria whether by Peace, money or guns. However We will leave the day Yorubas see the uselessness of the Entity called Nigeria.

As for Now, Yorubas must stay where they want to live in Nigeria, and be killed by the Mugus that sucked Awo's d.i.c-k to make him betray the people that set him free from the prison that the same Mugus put him in.

Nonsense!!!

Oya let's chant, "ONE NIGERIA!!!!!!!"
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 8:31am On Feb 22, 2010
RichyBlacK:

So, if you do not "disagree with anything", then why are you suggesting that fellow Nigerians should abandon their property and leave their places of residence because of the criminal activities of a few miscreants?

Hundreds of people died because of the actions of the same few miscreants abeg.

What's your point? Are you suggesting that unarmed innocent people should confront violence because they have rights? Why do people flee areas of violence and unrest? What is the meaning of and what causes human displacement and refugees? You think they don't have rights.

Safety and protection of life and property mean anything to you? As a leader, what would you do? Tell your unarmed men, women and children to confront bloody violence because they have rights?  Are you even reading and making sense of what you're posting and asking people to do?
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 8:33am On Feb 22, 2010
Justcash:

Yorubas are Nigerians. They must stay in Jos whether good or bad, till death does Nigeria part.  grin

You guys fought to keep Nigeria one. That is very brave of the Yorubas. Oya! it is time to co-exist as one!  grin

Coward like you!

How did Igbo get into this topic? Abeg, leave my people alone o. We are very much in the North and West. We are ready to remain in Nigeria whether by Peace, money or guns. However We will leave the day Yorubas see the uselessness of the Entity called Nigeria.

As for Now, Yorubas must stay where they want to live in Nigeria, and be killed by the Mugus that sucked Awo's  manliness to make him betray the people that set him free from prison that the same Mugus put him in.

Nonsense!!!

What else is new? Just another loud mouth spitting the same odious I guess.

NEXT>>>>>>.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by Justcash(m): 8:40am On Feb 22, 2010
babapupa:

What else is new? Just another loud mouth spitting the same odious I guess.

NEXT>>>>>>.

I would have been surprised if you had a good response. The best you can do is to do what typical cowards do, Run!!!!

Chant "One Nigeria!!!"
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by RichyBlacK(m): 8:45am On Feb 22, 2010
babapupa:

Hundreds of people died because of the actions of the same few miscreants abeg.

What's your point? Are you suggesting that unarmed innocent people should confront violence because they have rights? Why do people flee areas of violence and unrest? What is the meaning of and what causes human displacement of refugees? You think they don't have rights.

Safety and protection of life and property mean anything to you? As a leader, what would you do? Tell your unarmed men, women and children to confront bloody violence because they have rights?  Are you even reading and making sense of what you're posting and asking people to do?

Alright, I agree with you that the protection of life and property is very important, however, guaranteeing such protection may come at a cost, a cost that the entities involved must be willing to pay.

Those unarmed civilians can get armed. Running away from crime is not always the best response because it emboldens the perpetrators of such crime.

Nigeria is our country, equally. We all have rights to live anywhere in Nigeria. You suggesting that people leave their business, property and jobs, instead of fighting back the criminals (even if inviting fellow Nigerians to join in the fight), is most insensitive.

Your suggestion will only worsen things.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 8:53am On Feb 22, 2010
Justcash:

I would have been surprised if you had a good response. The best you can do is to do what typical cowards do, Run!!!!

Chant "One Nigeria!!!"

So far according to the history of our great Nation, we have just one coward on record, I believe his name is Ojukwu. The number one cut and run expert.

We, don't run, we pick and chose our fights like reasonable people with wisdom. We didn't run away from the the Biafran army, we not only confronted them, we kicked their a.!s.s till they surrendered to a Yoruba man.

You see, it doesn't matter how many times you repeat the coward nonsense, we both know who the coward is, it's in history books and that you can not erase.

There you have it, are you satisfied now?
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by Sonofpeace(m): 9:01am On Feb 22, 2010
Justcash:

Coward like you!

As for Now, Yorubas must stay where they want to live in Nigeria, and be killed by the Mugus that sucked Awo's d.i.c-k to make him betray the people that set him free from the prison that the same Mugus put him in.

Nonsense!!!

i guess you make sense shaa this is the end of discussion
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 9:02am On Feb 22, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Alright, I agree with you that the protection of life and property is very important, however, guaranteeing such protection may come at a cost, a cost that the entities involved must be willing to pay.

Those unarmed civilians can get armed. Running away from crime is not always the best response because it emboldens the perpetrators of such crime.

Nigeria is our country, equally. We all have rights to live anywhere in Nigeria. You suggesting that people leave their business, property and jobs, instead of fighting back the criminals (even if inviting fellow Nigerians to join in the fight), is most insensitive.

Your suggestion will only worsen things.

You can not cut and dice safety and security of innocent people, your job as a leader is to secure their safety, not to kill them, not to jeopardize their lives by inserting them in the middle of violence, they are not the army, police, militia or para military. There are refugees during unrests for a reason, you don't tell them to stand and fight because hey have rights or you're trying to prove a point. Innocent and unarmed  people are not political or ideological fighting army.

Btw, who do your surggest arming them? The government? Who really?
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by Sonofpeace(m): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2010
babapupa:

You can not cut and dice safety and security of innocent people, your job as a leader is to secure their safety, not to kill them, not to jeopardize their lives by inserting them in the middle of violence, they are not the army, police, militia or para military. There are refugees during unrests for a reason, you don't tell them to stand and fight because hey have rights or you're trying to prove a point. Innocent and unarmed  people are not political or ideological fighting army.

Btw, who do your surggest arming them? The government? Who really?

for your info baba whatever Ojukwu did not run away rather he was compelled by colleagues including effiong to escape to ivory coast via biafra jet for his safety en that of the igbos. This is not even the issue the issue is that your people are being killed in jos en what are your plan and that of your kinsmen to save them from possible extamination from north?
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by Justcash(m): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2010
babapupa:

So far according to the history of our great Nation, we have just one coward on record, I believe his name is Ojukwu. The number one cut and run expert.
We, don't run, we pick and chose our fights like reasonable people with wisdom. We didn't run away from the the Biafran army, we not only confronted them, we kicked their a.!s.s till they surrendered to a Yoruba man.
You see, it doesn't matter how many times you repeat the coward nonsense, we both know who the coward is, it's in history books and that you can not erase.
There you have it, are you satisfied now?

The fact that you consciously suggested that the Yorubas who made Jos their home in their country (Nigeria) should run back to their villages because they are being attacked shows that you are an unrepentant coward.
Don't try to deviate the topic by looking for a way to bring Igbos into it.
My point is that Yorubas must stay in Jos. They must protect themselves and die if possible protecting themselves. The Hausa's fought in Idi araba (Remember?) Igbo's also fought in Kano and retaliated in the East to stem the frequent attacks on us  in other parts of our so called country. Yorubas must be able to do same, especially considering that they also fought to keep Nigeria as one.
Stop praising a Yoruba/Hausa army that had "Oyibo" backing and seek for a way to fight for your right without "Oyibo" backing.
There may be no D-i.c-ks for you to suck this time. Lol!
You are a Coward!
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 9:37am On Feb 22, 2010
Sonofpeace:

for your info baba whatever Ojukwu did not run away rather he was compelled by colleagues including effiong to escape to ivory coast via biafra jet for his safety en that of the igbos.

This is like the hundredth reason why he ran, I believe there's is another hundred out there.

Captains don't abandon ships, they are the last to leave. Ojukwu not only cowardly betrayed the people he lead to their deaths, he returned to mock their deaths by collecting pensions from the same Nigerian government he sacrificed his people's life and property for, he even asked to be paid a general's rank pensions even though he was not a General in the Nigerian army. He is out there smooching and having a good time with the same people he fought against and contributing to the on going mess.

Where is the dignity and honor?

Where is the core conviction?

What did the innocent died for?

1 Like

Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 9:47am On Feb 22, 2010
Justcash:

The fact that you consciously suggested that the Yorubas who made Jos their home in their country (Nigeria) should run back to their villages because they are being attacked shows that you are an unrepentant coward.
Don't try to deviate the topic by looking for a way to bring Igbos into it.
My point is that Yorubas must stay in Jos. They must protect themselves and die if possible protecting themselves. The Hausa's fought in Idi araba (Remember?) Igbo's also fought in Kano and retaliated in the East to stem the frequent attacks on us  in other parts of our so called country. Yorubas must be able to do same, especially considering that they also fought to keep Nigeria as one.
Stop praising a Yoruba/Hausa army that had "Oyibo" backing and seek for a way to fight for your right without "Oyibo" backing.
There may be no D-i.c-ks for you to suck this time. Lol!
You are a Coward!

Like I said, wise people pick and chose their battle, we are not zombies and we don't do follow follow. You're not making any sense.

I'd still love to know why the million igbo folks that migrated back east did not stay and fight up north. Abi den just develop weak liver after seeing thousands of Igbo people bleeding and dying?

You are not making any sense. Some Igbo leader made the right decision back then and called for Igbo people up north to move back east.

Btw, Oyibo did not back the 3rd MC that whooped you, a Yoruba man was in charged and you surrendered to him. Always remember that or I'll keep reminding you. We fight to win when it counts.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by Justcash(m): 9:53am On Feb 22, 2010
babapupa:

This is like the hundredth reason why he ran, I believe there's is another hundred out there.
Captains don't abandon ships, they are the last to leave. Ojukwu not only cowardly betrayed the people he lead to their deaths, he returned to mock their deaths by collecting pensions from the same Nigerian government he sacrificed his people's life and property for, he even asked to be paid a general's rank pensions even though he was not a General in the Nigerian army. He is out there smooching and having a good time with the same people he fought against and contributing to the on going mess.
Where is the dignity and honor?
Where is the core conviction?
What did the innocent died for?

@Babapupaua: You are crying more than the affected people. You are against the view of the surpposedly affected people. Ojukwu is the hero of Igbo people. We want it that way. It was the Igbos that wanted him to escape. Is that surpposed to be a problem? Lol! Or you wanted him to be disgraced? Sorry he wasn't.
From all indications you are in surpport of the massacre of Igbos for trying to form Biafra. I respect your view. Why then do you want Yorubas to leave a Land that they have lived in their country for more than 15 yrs, back to their villages? Are we not one Nigeria anymore? Or is it because it is the Yorubas that are the victims now?

However, you need to explain your show of cowardice, for wanting the yoruba people to leave Jos just because they are being killed.

Untill you stop deviating, you remain Oba Coward 1 of Yoruba land!  grin
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by Justcash(m): 10:07am On Feb 22, 2010
babapupa:

Like I said, wise people pick and chose their battle, we are not zombies and we don't do follow follow. You're not making any sense.
I'd still love to know why the million igbo folks that migrated back east did not stay and fight up north. Abi den just develop weak liver after seeing thousands of Igbo people bleeding and dying?
You are not making any sense. Some Igbo leader made the right decision back then and called for Igbo people up north to move back east.
Btw, Oyibo did not back the 3rd MC that whooped you, a Yoruba man was in charged and you surrendered to him. Always remember that or I'll keep reminding you. We fight to win when it counts.

Are the Igbos not in Jos? Is it only the Yorubas that are in Jos? Which battle have the Yorubas ever chosen to fight? You are a damn jack! Lol!
What do you know about the 3rd Mc? Hahahahahahahaah! Oyibo did not back the 3rd Mc? hahahahahahahahaha! You are a Jack!
Okay agreed, you won the civil war. Now we need to co-exist together. Since after the Civil war Igbos have moved deep into the North and West. We have been protecting ourselves, and killed in Most cases. No wahala, but we remained in one Nigeria. Ok.

Yorubas must also remain in Jos. Whether they are been wiped out on daily basis, they must remain there. It is their country. They must not be looking for D.I.C.Ks to suck in order to appeal for help from strong minded people from other ethnic groups. They need to fight and remain strong in one Nigeria. If the Yorubas were murdered like the Igbos after the failed coup plot, mybe I'd suggest that they leave. But this is different, because it is more religiouse and social than a pre-meditated ethnic cleansing.

I just wanted to let you know that you showed the type of big coward you are with your childish suggestion.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 10:35am On Feb 22, 2010
Dude, too bad you're no making any sense. Going back n forth with you is torture,

Next abeg,
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by Justcash(m): 11:18am On Feb 22, 2010
babapupa:

Dude, too bad you're no making any sense. Going back n forth with you is torture,
Next abeg,

Babapupa:

If I aint making sense to you, then four things must be wrong;

1. You simply can't defend your view, and deny that you are a coward.
2. You have been visited by your wish for the extermination and surbordination of an ethnic group that you don't like.
3. You don't understand the meaning of simple basic words that I used
4. You'v decided to be cunning, to escape your mistake, instead of owning up to it.

I am not into ethnic hatred like you, but I m factual. I don't fake reality.

My take:
Nigerians must stay as one, in any part that they wish to stay in the country. Whether in conflict or in peace.
Or
Divide into different countries and mind the boundaries of the neigbours. This will allow any group of people to go back to their country if they are maltreated.

We cannot have the two of the them at the same time.

I am satisfied that I'v confirmed that you are a real Coward!
It's not an insult because that is what you are.
It is only a coward that will join forces with an enemy to butcher a strong smaller ethnic group that stood to fight back, only to run when attacked by the same enemy that he joined forces with.
Stand and fight  like the people that you claimed to defeat.
coward!!!
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by KnowAll(m): 11:35am On Feb 22, 2010
That Yoruba King in Jos is on his own, if the berom’s or is it the Hausa’s if they like they should kill him and make suya from his body it would not move a hair from my head. The Igbos started this stupid parallel kingship in Nigerian Towns and Cities. How can u have the Gwom Gwon of Jos as the King of the Beroms and in the same town have a Yoruba King, an Igbo King and a Seriki Hausawa in Jos. I think all these minor Kings are undermining the authority of the Gwom Gwon of Jos, the State goverment or is it the LG Chairman that has the power should disband this rival Kings from parading themselves as Kings henceforth.

Is there an Hausa King in Oyo Town or an Igbo King in Ile-Ife the Ooni or the Alaafin would not allow such nonsense in their domain.

Secondly Yoruba’s believe in hierarchical Kingship not all Kings are the same. There are 1st class Kings and second class Kings, so also there are Baales who are not King but literally it means “ Father of the Land “. A King in Yoruba land wears a crown, this Idiots who travelled to other peoples land and start calling themselves King who Crowned them. Do they have any historical linage to this unknown or unheard throne if they do where is the proof.

They should not even attempt to call themselves Baale of the Yorubas in Jos because that would interpret to the Yoruba’s being landowners in Jos which would put them in a direct conflict with the locals. The Yorubas in Jos who came there as some kind of artisan or the other either as a driver, tailor, carpenter, bricklayer or businessman should face their businesses squarely and desist from getting themselves involve from this anomaly created by the Kingless Igbos.

Yorubas can have a Yoruba Society or club in Jos with a Chairman or President but King is a No-No and a no go area.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by aloyemeka2: 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2010
KnowAll:

That Yoruba King in Jos is on his own, if the berom’s or is it the Hausa’s if they like they should kill him and make suya from his body it would not move a hair from my head. [size=14pt]The Igbos started this silly parallel kingship in Nigerian Towns and Cities[/size]. How can u have the Gwom Gwon of Jos as the King of the Beroms and in the same town have a Yoruba King, an Igbo King and a Seriki Hausawa in Jos. I think all these minor Kings are undermining the authority of the Gwom Gwon of Jos,  the State goverment or is it the LG Chairman that has the power should disband this rival Kings from parading themselves as Kings  henceforth.

Is there an Hausa King in Oyo Town or an Igbo King in Ile-Ife the Ooni or the Alaafin would not allow such nonsense in their domain.

Secondly Yoruba’s believe in hierarchical Kingship not all Kings are the same. There are 1st class Kings and second class Kings, so also there are Baales who are not King but literally it means “ Father of the Land “. A King in Yoruba land wears a crown, this Idiots who travelled to other peoples land and start calling themselves King who Crowned them. Do they have any historical linage to this unknown or unheard throne if they do where is the proof.

They should not even attempt to call themselves Baale of the Yorubas in Jos because that would interpret to the Yoruba’s being landowners in Jos which would put them in a direct conflict with the locals. The Yorubas in Jos who came there as some kind of artisan or the other either as a driver, tailor, carpenter, bricklayer or businessman should face their businesses squarely and desist from getting themselves involve from this anomaly created by the Kingless Igbos.

Yorubas can have a Yoruba Society or club in Jos with a Chairman or President but King is a No-No and a no go area.

Blame everything on the igbo.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by edoyad(m): 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2010
It is of utmost importance that these almajiris be made to understand that a favour is being done them by the good people of plateau state by letting them live in their more modern communities. If they refuse to be civil then they should be sent back to their rural states of bauchi, zamfara , jigawa and all other wilderness they crawled out from.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2010
KnowAll:

That Yoruba King in Jos is on his own, .

You really can't put too much stock in these yeye naija journalist, especially the one in the article, may be he put his own Oba spin on it and the dude probably don't even call himself Oba.
Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by babapupa: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2010
Justcash:

Babapupa:

1. You simply can't defend your view, and deny that you are a coward.

Stand and fight  like the people that you claimed to defeat.
coward!!!

Again, so far according to the history of our great Nation, we have just one coward on record, I believe his name is Ojukwu. The number one cut and run expert.

Re: Jos Crisis: Yoruba Leader Escapes Death, House Torched by Akanbiedu(m): 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2010
Why do I get the feeling that some people are bent on subtly inciting Yorubas to fight their war for them by calling the Yorubas cowards? Its not going to work.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Set Up A Fish Farm In Nigeria / The Cpc Campaign Rally In Benin - Images / Election Updates From Edo, Kano, Ogun, Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.