Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity (43971 Views)

Premature Baby Girl Rescued From Her Dead Mom's Womb Dies In Gaza After 5 Days / Texans Can Now Openly Carry Guns In Public Without A Permit Or Training / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by diegwu01: 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2017
Nigerians and their bigoted and hate filled minds.
I guess many children of hate view these pictures with so much disgust and scorn.
Same pictures been applauded all over the world for sending messages of hope and love, is viewed for few minutes on Nairaland
and a racist angle is drawn to it.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by figure007(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
Learnstuffs:
Nigeria is blessed oo. We don't have much natural disaster like earthquake, hurricane. Na only human disaster come be our problem
i am telling you. ..not a single disaster we've got. ..not one but we keep killing ourself and tribalism is on the rise. .. No single love anymore.. . Weapon of destruction has brought about human extinction *we Nigerians are the weapon of destruction on ourself* I pray God have mercy on us in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
leofab:
Just imagine how many deaths of its Nigeria and I know that within two weeks Houston will neater and better than the place in Nigeria..

Infact if they said all Nigeria citizens should move to USA while their citizens moves to Nigeria within ten years we will start struggling for visa to Nigeria

That should tell you there's something wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by thesicilian: 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2017
Flaghouse1:
y

We as in "Nigerians " should help them with @bolded food, money and medical supplies

We should sending them Nigerian Naira or Biafra dollar,Alabukun or Paadol extra,tuwo,Amala,abakaliki rice ,please which kind weed you dey smoke ,wake and smell the coffe my dear they don't need anything from us ,as we speak celebrities are already donating dollars to the pool of fund .
There are many individuals and organizations that make it a point of habit to help out the less privileged and those in acute need, no matter the location. They have been and will continue doing so, be it in North Eastern Nigeria, Sudan, East Asia or USA. That Nigeria is reportedly poor does not mean the inhabitants are eating sand.
In life some chose to sit and wail, while others prefer to live above the economy of their immediate environments.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ugosample(m): 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2017
diegwu01:
I guess many children of hate view these pictures with so much disgust and scorn.
Same pictures been applauded all over the world for sending messages of hope and love, is viewed for few minutes on Nairaland

Don't mind them

Mumu people

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2017
We mocked Lekki residents, especially the Nigerians living abroad. Well here we are, US is under water and someone wants me to see humanity in this? Same stupid Nigerians who mocked my fellow country men and women, it shall not be well with the wicked

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2017
sukkot:
and ? obama was the black president and under his reign was the most atrocities committed by whites on blacks. many white cops killed blacks under his reign. please dont disgrace yasef for here. they only put black leaders there to appease the blacks but the real controllers are whites. under obamas reign we had BLACK LIVES MATTER MOVEMENT because white cops where killing many blacks

And I'm sure many cops weren't killed by blacks.

Stop viewing the world through race tinted lenses.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by eaglechild: 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2017
mexxmoney:
The mayor of Houston was an idiot for telling people not to evacuate
No he wasn't. Houston has over 2 million people and the metropolitan area over 6 million.

It would be a logistical nightmare to evacuate within days of the storm. You will have thousands caught up in traffic gridlock and invariably in the hurricane leading to more loss of lives.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
diegwu01:

I'm sure you called Nigeria a Zoo when Lekki and some parts of the country experienced flood, stop hypocrisy, it kills
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ugosample:

Your world view is very narrow.

Big shame

I doubt you are full blooded Nigerian, you must be Biafran to hate Nigeria this much. To hell with whites Jor,while I sympathize with every one involved in this disaster, it is clear that more focus is on rescuing white skinned individuals and their pets

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by codemaniacs: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2017
kk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ichietome: 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
They are now over blowing it and it has become world news but if it is Nigeria the news would have already fizzled out.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ugosample(m): 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2017
Pidgin2:

I doubt you are full blooded Nigerian, you must be Biafran to hate Nigeria this much. To hell with whites Jor,while I sympathize with every one involved in this disaster, it is clear that more focus is on rescuing white skinned individuals and their pets

Everything does not have to be about race

When will you Africans get that.
Houston is a big city (one of the top 5 in the U.S. ), and the pics you are here are just few out of many out there

Blacks were also.saved too, and we're given relief and aid materials.
Okay, let us use you people's faulty analysis....
White was saving white, why not black save his fellow black (using the crooked analysis)
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ugosample(m): 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
codemaniacs:

stop rambling on this thread.... from the OP to the comments, you should know that a lot of N:igerians don't know how e:vil w:hyte people are due to what they see on tv, religion..e.t.c If this had happened in u.a.e you'll see a lot of people typing in:sha a:llah...

stop disturbing yourself... most of them are mentally enslaved...

What is this one saying?
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by kazy1979: 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
I read people's comments and I discovered many don't really know what they are saying.
1. Houston mayor told people to evacuate but only people in flood prone areas. I knew some whites that said they are not leaving their house till it got to the level life threatening situation.
2. Many blacks were evacuated in galveston, corpus christi even in houston. So if u don't see it in tour pics doesnt mean they are not.
3. Concerning looting, there was looting know some places like Tidwell area and many other places. It happen here the way it happen s in naija too.
4. Not everybody in US has that level of love/ humanity in they be u black or white. When airport, schools and restaurants turned their various properties to shelter for people, a church lied that there property was flooded so they can't open it to be used for shelter not until people started posting videoes of the church before it was opened.
Mind u disaster alert had been sent to if not all most phone number since thursday that houston will experience hurricane but Houston started experiencing tropical storm harvey on saturday morning.
Am in Houston so I saw everything

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Flaghouse1: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
thesicilian:

There are many individuals and organizations that make it a point of habit to help out the less privileged and those in acute need, no matter the location. They have been and will continue doing so, be it in North Eastern Nigeria, Sudan, East Asia or USA. That Nigeria is reportedly poor does not mean the inhabitants are eating sand.
In life some chose to sit and wail, while others prefer to live above the economy of their immediate environments.

Your philosophy of life is commendable,it's really in our nature as humans to help others in distress, but looking at this situation the distance is may be a hindrerance to achieve immediate solution to some of their basic needs at time like this, when we had similar situation here in Lagos what help was provided for the poor masses of lekki Ajax axis either by individuals or government I am not talking of people living in VGC and other posh estates within that locale , other poor people were affected by the flood , you only get to see videos and pictures of VGC ,Victoria island flooding the scrap media, till date I have not heard of any assistance rendered to the middle class in that local.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ugosample(m): 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2017
Pidgin2:
We mocked Lekki residents, especially the Nigerians living abroad. Well here we are, US is under water and someone wants me to see humanity in this? Same stupid Nigerians who mocked my fellow country men and women, it shall not be well with the wicked

How can you compare a man made disaster in Lekki to the hurricane in Houston?

You dey reason at all?

Lekki's nemesis is that the drains are properly constructed, and some parts of it are even blocked due to monkey behaviour of some Nigerians.

If there were proper drains, and our people don't behave like animals by blocking the drains, Lekki would have got more sympathy

It's still a tragedy tho

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ugosample(m): 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2017
kazy1979:
I read people's comments and I discovered many don't really know what they are saying.
1. Houston mayor told people to evacuate but only people in flood prone areas. I knew some whites that said they are not leaving their house till it got to the level life threatening situation.
2. Many blacks were evacuated in galveston, corpus christi even in houston. So if u don't see it in tour pics doesnt mean they are not.
3. Concerning looting, there was looting know some places like Tidwell area and many other places. It happen here the way it happen s in naija too.
4. Not everybody in US has that level of love/ humanity in they be u black or white. When airport, schools and restaurants turned their various properties to shelter for people, a church lied that there property was flooded so they can't open it to be used for shelter not until people started posting videoes of the church before it was opened.
Mind u disaster alert had been sent to if not all most phone number since thursday that houston will experience hurricane but Houston started experiencing tropical storm harvey on saturday morning.
Am in Houston so I saw everything

That's nice.
They did well.

If it were to be in Ng, it would have been far worse.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by diegwu01: 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2017
Pidgin2:

I'm sure you called Nigeria a Zoo when Lekki and some parts of the country experienced flood, stop hypocrisy, it kills

you're sure?...And if you're wrong you die, Agreed?
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by kazy1979: 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ichietome:
They are now over blowing it and it has become world news but if it is Nigeria the news would have already fizzled out.

We should blame our own media houses too. All tv station in houston ( I don't know other cities in texas) did not show anything aside updates and live info on this disaster since friday till this morning. Can any of our tv station do the same, I don't blame them they run there media house to make more profit
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by codemaniacs: 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
kk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ugosample(m): 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2017
codemaniacs:

I shouldn't be responding to your kind, a paid w:hyte s:upremacist like you grin grin

you are very ignorant, w:hyte corporation would never show the true events of things on the media... same way you see d:ead bodies of a t:ieror ex:xplosion with no blood(just an actor paid to pose there for the camera/media).

O.K.; D cheesy

Suit yourself
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ugosample:

How can you compare a man made disaster in Lekki to the hurricane in Houston?

You dey reason at all?

Lekki's nemesis is that the drains are properly constructed, and some parts of it are even blocked due to monkey behaviour of some Nigerians.

If there were proper drains, and our people don't behave like animals by blocking the drains, Lekki would have got more sympathy

It's still a tragedy tho

If Lekki own is due to blocked drains, what of Abuja,Port Harcourt, Markudi, Uyo and other parts that experienced flooding?

You have no sympathy for your compatriots, many lost their properties and livelihoods but people like you will be sympathising with foreigners only, as long as it didn't happen in Nigeria then nature is solely to blame, nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by gentlegg(m): 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2017
Na every family get dog for America? And those dogs look more important to them,
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by DBlackCeazer(m): 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
My heart goes out to Texas.
Oan, If them give some of us visa to this same place, a lot go still accept with joyous joy.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ichietome: 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2017
kazy1979:

We should blame our own media houses too. All tv station in houston ( I don't know other cities in texas) did not show anything aside updates and live info on this disaster since friday till this morning. Can any of our tv station do the same, I don't blame them they run there media house to make more profit
You couldn't be more correct.
Our media should bear the brunt of the blame.
We lack professional journalism (and that includes investigative journalism)

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by samsobo24(m): 3:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
Until we sit up as a country and stop being inferior to this people, imagine a natural disaster like this and some people are still saying "no single bottle in the water ,no dirty" if we don't wake up to our slumber,we might keep on being like this.
We must stop tribal and sentimental idiosyrancies and help ourselves. We keep on Praising and glorifying these whites forgetting the fact that they have worked tirelessly for it.America and other countries did not wake up one day and meet their country luxurious and fine.
The government may not be meeting up to our expectations but can't we do a bit about ours rather than painting our country black, I still reinstate that if a youth leads this country, Nigeria will be a great.
I am a patriotic citizen that, no matter what happens to my country, no matter the hate speech, no matter how harsh the economy may be, I still stand with my country.

I Extend my Sympathy to Texans that might have been ravaged by the Natural disaster.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by samsobo24(m): 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ichietome:

You couldn't be more correct.
Our media should bear the brunt of the blame.
We lack professional journalism (and that includes investigative journalism)
Yes that's true, but watch tvc news investigates
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Penisman: 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ugosample:

I am not an IPOB please

You must be because you insult like one of them.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by dataking: 4:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ugosample:

The rescue mission had nothing to do with race.
Stop thinking like an African monkey

See the fund raising for these victims, is it only whites raising money? or is it only the whites that will benefit from it?

Imagine calling your fellow African an African monkey. That is to show how useless you have become and how brainwashed you are. You are in chains but don't realize it. You are worse than a piece of trash and a fucking ass licker. Poor mind. Poor soul

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by sukkot: 4:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
BuddhaPalm:

And I'm sure many cops weren't killed by blacks.

Stop viewing the world through race tinted lenses.
Its all about race and the sooner you embrace it the better for you. you will not find yourself in some arab country about to get killed because you are black.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by sukkot: 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2017
Sylverly:
Dear brother, what you are holding on strongly is deadly, this is what has hindered our progress as a nation.. Let go of it.
when you say our nation, you mean nigeria right ? grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Marina Ovsyannikova Resigns, Turns Down Asylum Offer (Photos) / Boy Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing In A Cameroonian Village (Graphic Pic) / Mozambique Scraps Ban On Same-sex Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.