Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity (43930 Views)

Texans Can Now Openly Carry Guns In Public Without A Permit Or Training / Pregnant Nigerian Woman Rescued From The Mediterranean Sea / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by sonnie10: 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2017
mexxmoney:
The mayor of Houston was an idiot for telling people not to evacuate

How do you put 6 million plus people on the road at the same time? More people will die from the chores
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2017
dataking:

Imagine calling your fellow African an African monkey. That is to show how useless you have become and how brainwashed you are. You are in chains but don't realize it. You are worse than a piece of trash and a fucking ass licker. Poor mind. Poor soul

I was shocked by his reference to another fellow black as "African Monkey" are we sure that he is not a white racist, posing as an IPOB?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by sonnie10: 4:32pm On Aug 30, 2017
Pidgin2:

I doubt you are full blooded Nigerian, you must be Biafran to hate Nigeria this much. To hell with whites Jor,while I sympathize with every one involved in this disaster, it is clear that more focus is on rescuing white skinned individuals and their pets
This is not true. Personally, I called the emergency number for a friend whose house got flooded and was trapped with his wife and kids, he is a Nigerian . Within a few minutes, he got help.

In fact I was still on the phone when he said that the emergency crew have arrived. He was rescued.

So stop coming here to talk trash that you know nothing about. Houston is a very diverse community of people from all nationality and the immigrant here are doing exceptionally well.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ugosample(m): 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
Penisman:
You must be because you insult like one of them.
no o
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Penisman: 4:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ugosample:

no o
Then tender your apology.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ugosample(m): 4:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
dataking:

Imagine calling your fellow African an African monkey. That is to show how useless you have become and how brainwashed you are. You are in chains but don't realize it. You are worse than a piece of trash and a fucking ass licker. Poor mind. Poor soul

If my fellow African think or acts like monkey, I will say it without reservation that he or she is a monkey
Simple and short without sentiments

Many of our people behave like animals, and that is what you are prevalent in many African communities, animal behaviour, channelling your sewage into the gutter, emptying your garbage in the canal, driving like animals, selfishness and unparalleled greed, hailing people of questionable character, selling your country short for personal and parochial gain, neck deep tribalism and hate among Africans, and the list is endless

Till our people start conducting themselves like humans and not animals, they remain nothing but animals, and I say this without sentiment again

You guys can insult me all you want, but compare the quality of comments and topics you see in say Reddit or Quora; and compare it with the garbage here in this forum, and that will give you an insight into how a good chunk of our people reason

Shame.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ugosample(m): 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
That's why I keep saying Nigeria is in her last days.
Nigeria value and respect people form other countries than her citizens.
The government protect foreigners with the police while the same police kill and extort the citizens
Nigeria government will have foreigners who beat their Nigerian workers under them in this same Nigeria and nothing is done to them.

Nigeria I tell you is in her last days.

It's a shame, but look at it from this angle....

Do we as a people have real love amongst each other as a people?

It is because they all show love (whether it is real or not is debatable) and help themselves in disasters like this, that is why the world also shows sympathy to them as well.
When you show yourselves love, others show you same, as it resonates

However in our corner of the world, we show it brazenly that we don't like each other (not all of us tho, but a good number of them) so how can the world even care about us.

If a disaster strikes, how mAny of our elite (stars, athletes, politicians etc) do fundraisers to help the affected,?
Even if fund raisers are done, there is the mistrust that, due to the corrupt nature of an average Nigerian (and other Africans too, see what happened in Sierra Leone during the ebola crisis, black man inhumanity to his fellow black man undecided) there is the fear that such money could also be stolen, in part, or all of it.

How many stations in Nigeria show extensive coverage of disaster in Nigeria?

How many churches, with their evil and thieving billionaire pastorrs living la vida loca open shelter homes to take care of victims when disaster strike?

Just leave story abeg, we need to change as a people
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by dami2boi(m): 5:35pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hmm, this is really nice especially the military that help in the evacuation.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by sonnie10: 5:38pm On Aug 30, 2017
dami2boi:
Hmm, this is really nice especially the military that help in the evacuation.

Nigeria military is only used for killing IPOB. I have never seen them participate in any humanitarian work
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by chiamaka4g: 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
Go help your lagos and Ibadan brothers first.
oladeebo:
a great lesson for biafran who think they didn't need help!
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Sylverly(m): 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2017
sukkot:
when you say our nation, you mean nigeria right ? grin
you know better..
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by dataking: 5:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ugosample:

If my fellow African think or acts like monkey, I will say it without reservation that he or she is a monkey
Simple and short without sentiments

Many of our people behave like animals, and that is what you are prevalent in many African communities, animal behaviour, channelling your sewage into the gutter, emptying your garbage in the canal, driving like animals, selfishness and unparalleled greed, hailing people of questionable character, selling your country short for personal and parochial gain, neck deep tribalism and hate among Africans, and the list is endless

Till our people start conducting themselves like humans and not animals, they remain nothing but animals, and I say this without sentiment again

You guys can insult me all you want, but compare the quality of comments and topics you see in say Reddit or Quora; and compare it with the garbage here in this forum, and that will give you an insight into how a good chunk of our people reason

Shame.

Every society as its ills. Don't justify calling a fellow African a monkey cause of all the ills you listed. Its so condescending and disgusting.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by brojoshua: 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2017
But we in Nigeria are our neighbours destroyers and betrayers and not keepers.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Kingbuhari(m): 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
I hope dullard buhari will send relief materials to them Onye Ala
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by GMBuhari: 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
onyenze123:

Love? No. It is the ability to reason like a human being. I will do a thread on that soon

OK, in your opinion
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by sonnie10: 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
Just took this picture of part of Houston barely 24hrs after the flood. It's not magic it's preparedness and evidence of a sane, neat society

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by planetx: 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2017
jashar:
they rescued dogs too.... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

awhh....... so touching..... at the core of oyibo people lies a very good heart.... cry cry cry

nigerians would have been looting undecided undecided undecided undecided

i remember an accident i witnessed and some boys were just raiding the vehicles, just imagine
angry
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by themanderon: 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2017
I shed as tear when I saw those old people trapped helplessly in water. So sad. embarassed
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by planetx: 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
Stupid Nigerians always very sympathetic to white people when tragedy strikes them but their fellow Nigerian it will all be afonja and ipob and other silly nomenclatures. Oyinbo that don't give a fuvk about you niggas they love their dogs more than you a million times I know cause I have lived with them.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Flintstone06(m): 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
mexxmoney:
The mayor of Houston was an idiot for telling people not to evacuate

You can't tell millions to evacuate... It would have lead to more death. In 2005, when the city was told to evacuate, there was a lot of accident and stampede that lead to high death toll.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Wisedove(m): 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2017
This is an example of what happened in the time of Noah where by he and some member of his family were saved by the so called ark. It was recorded as destrotion of the earth by water in some sacred texts because the writer believed no where else exist on earth aside there geographic location.
I do seat most of the time and think about the authentic of these so called texts (sacred texts) and my intuition told me that these books are mere Formulated hypothesis on which philosophers should make research so as to arrive at a reasonable conclusions.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by neighy(m): 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
But here every body wanna take pictures and upload on Facebook without giving a helping hand
u dey play ni?? I no follow u gree dat 1... Na when fire start u go know say area boiz useful
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by samsobo24(m): 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2017
sonnie10:
Just took this picture of part of Houston barely 24hrs after the flood. It's not magic it's preparedness and evidence of a sane, neat society
pls I ask politely,what is it going to add to the glory of our country
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by sonnie10: 9:04pm On Aug 30, 2017
samsobo24:
pls I ask politely,what is it going to add to the glory of our country

The day we begin to see ourselves as one and understand that the things that divide us are irrelevant.

The day we see ourselves as Nigerians first. Not igbo, Yoruba nor Hausa.

It starts by making conscious effort to suppress hate, bigotry and disdain for one another .
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by samsobo24(m): 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
sonnie10:

The day we begin to see ourselves as one and understand that the things that divide us are irrelevant.

It starts by making conscious effort to suppress hate, bigotry and disdain for one another .
well that's what I have been advocating for since this topic,in fact my major reason of coming to nairaland.
I have been a guest on nairaland for several months or if not a year because of the level of hate speeches, tribal comments,unpatriotism etc exhibited by some which made me sit back.
My main aim of being on this Forum is also to sanitize,orientate some that we should tolerate ourselves and put the interest of our country prior in the presence of any other country.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by akigbemaru: 2:19am On Aug 31, 2017
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by akigbemaru: 2:20am On Aug 31, 2017
Mandynews:
Texans have never seen anything like Hurricane Harvey. The storm pummeled the state with castastrophic flooding and winds topping 130 mph over the weekend.

Amid the devastation, the people of Texas and surrounding states have come together to rescue strangers from their homes and shelters. Their stories show tremendous bravery — and the photos and videos of the events will restore your faith in humanity.

Source: http://lifedrama.com.ng/photos-people-being-rescued-from-hurricane-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC1C0z9CMeQ

Moderator kindly move to the front page, let Nigerians see, and I hope that it will restore the love of humanity and peace in Nigeria.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by mecussey(m): 8:11am On Aug 31, 2017
MasViews:
Thats a country that knows the value of its citizens

Yea and here we are still talking 5% and 97%.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:52am On Aug 31, 2017
Ugosample:

It's a shame, but look at it from this angle....

Do we as a people have real love amongst each other as a people?

It is because they all show love (whether it is real or not is debatable) and help themselves in disasters like this, that is why the world also shows sympathy to them as well.
When you show yourselves love, others show you same, as it resonates

However in our corner of the world, we show it brazenly that we don't like each other (not all of us tho, but a good number of them) so how can the world even care about us.

If a disaster strikes, how mAny of our elite (stars, athletes, politicians etc) do fundraisers to help the affected,?
Even if fund raisers are done, there is the mistrust that, due to the corrupt nature of an average Nigerian (and other Africans too, see what happened in Sierra Leone during the ebola crisis, black man inhumanity to his fellow black man undecided) there is the fear that such money could also be stolen, in part, or all of it.

How many stations in Nigeria show extensive coverage of disaster in Nigeria?

How many churches, with their evil and thieving billionaire pastorrs living la vida loca open shelter homes to take care of victims when disaster strike?

Just leave story abeg, we need to change as a people
you are right. We don't love ourselves.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by jpphilips(m): 11:03am On Aug 31, 2017
Hopefully, Trump may finally realise climate change is no hoax, meanwhile, Nigeria will receive an influx of flooded vehicles real soon.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ugosample(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2017
brojoshua:
But we in Nigeria are our neighbours destroyers and betrayers and not keepers.

Don't mind those ones up there talking rubbish about why we pity them @Houston

When Black no like themselves how with others like you

At least in SE Asia, that is a 3rd world region too receive extensive coverage too.
Re: Photos: Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ugosample(m): 11:08am On Aug 31, 2017
sonnie10:

That's true sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Shame On You" - Piers Morgan Blasts Trump On His Final Day As US President / Husband, Wife Buried On Runway At US Airport Greet Thousands Of Planes Every Yea / Mozambique Scraps Ban On Same-sex Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.