Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? (5412 Views)

Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials / Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi / Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by BlueMurder(m): 4:09pm On Jun 13, 2012
With the alarming number of reports of sleaze, fraud and outright theft coming out of high places on a daily basis, shouldn't we just adopt the Chinese model by wiping culprits out of the face of the earth? If convicted armed robbers can be sentenced to death by hanging, i see no logic in sparing the lives of pen robbers, whose imbecilic greed emasculates and endangers the entire populace. We must get harsher on these criminals. Or what do nairalanders think?

2 Likes

Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by juman(m): 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2012
One nigeria has proven to be bad idea.
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by BlueMurder(m): 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2012
juman: One nigeria is craziness.

You are entitled to your opinion. For now though, we must accept that we have no other country and must bring up new ideas to fight this hydra-headed monster called corruption. I look back few years ago and see Tafa Balogun sentenced to only 6 months imprisonment, and i shake my head in disgust. We really need the death penalty for this crime.

1 Like

Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by laurelxy(m): 10:09am On Jun 14, 2012
BlueMurder: With the alarming number of reports of sleaze, fraud and outright theft coming out of high places on a daily basis, shouldn't we just adopt the Chinese model by wiping culprits out of the face of the earth? If convicted armed robbers can be sentenced to death by hanging, i see no logic in sparing the lives of pen robbers, whose imbecilic greed emasculates and endangers the entire populace. We must get harsher on these criminals. Or what do nairalanders think?
I support you 100%. That's the only solution to corruption in nigeria
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by TechRev: 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2012
Get what the law interprets as corruption first. Mind you corruption does not just end in giving or taking bribe money.
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by Afam4eva(m): 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by inspirenet: 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2012
TechRev: Get what the law interprets as corruption first. Mind you corruption does not just end in giving or taking bribe money.
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by inspirenet: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
BlueMurder:

You are entitled to your opinion. For now though, we must accept that we have no other country and must bring up new ideas to fight this hydra-headed monster called corruption. I look back few years ago and see Tafa Balogun sentenced to only 6 months imprisonment, and i shake my head in disgust. We really need the death penalty for this crime.

Real serious
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by Gentleboby: 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
Total revolution is needed.
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by tribalism(m): 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
which country?
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by niddamugu(m): 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2012
If we must move forward - YES
If we want to stay where we are - NOT TO BE DISCUSSED
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by ismhab(m): 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2012
Thas the only solution.
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by Denningtedy(m): 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
This menace of corruption is really stripping us off our identity as corruption nations in the national congress I think we have to imbibe the Chinese mode of hanging pen corrupt culprits.
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by megxo(m): 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2012
YES.......................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LYK IN CHINA
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2012
BlueMurder:

u are right tho...bt yhur wrng in d we hav no other country part........ Me iz got two countries and plan to make em three when i get married
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by brightmon: 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2012
Thats why Gen Buhari remains my man. All of them will run if he becomes the President.
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by megxo(m): 12:41pm On Jun 14, 2012
KILLEM ALLL LYK CHINA DID
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by megxo(m): 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2012
IF ONLY OKAR'S COUP WORKED cry
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2012
OFCOURSE Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ º°˚˚°º , kill dem all n burn dier corpse
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by jawjaw1: 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2012
The Chinese with a population that is more than 6 times Nigeria's and an economy over 20 times bigger (which means a larger potential to be corrupt and also not be caught) realized it decades ago that corruption had to be killed at all cost.

The proscribed execution once you are caught and convicted.

Once a chinese is caught a swift and effective trial is done. If the verdict is 'guilty' they execute you immediately with a bullet to the back of the head. No time wasting. It is an effective way to stamp out corruption and is still in practice today.

That on its on explains why their economy is growing in leaps and bounds without suffering the draw back of corruption like Nigeria.

I hope for the day we will have the courage to fight corruption head-on.
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by BlueMurder(m): 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2012
niddamugu: If we must move forward - YES
If we want to stay where we are - NOT TO BE DISCUSSED
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided

Indeed. It is very clear that a great number of people would rather we perpetuate ourselves at this stage of arrested development. I am beginning to think that, like smacking a hysteric person in order to bring him back to his senses, Nigeria needs a shock treatment to restore her equilibrium.

1 Like

Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by BlueMurder(m): 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2012
jaw jaw: The Chinese with a population that is more than 6 times Nigeria's and an economy over 20 times bigger (which means a larger potential to be corrupt and also not be caught) realized it decades ago that corruption had to be killed at all cost.

The proscribed execution once you are caught and convicted.

Once a chinese is caught a swift and effective trial is done. If the verdict is 'guilty' they execute you immediately with a bullet to the back of the head. No time wasting. It is an effective way to stamp out corruption and is still in practice today.

That on its on explains why their economy is growing in leaps and bounds without suffering the draw back of corruption like Nigeria.

I hope for the day we will have the courage to fight corruption head-on.

I hope so too, but how will this hope translate to reality when the National Assembly whose duty it is to make such laws, is itself a bastion of corruption? Now i understand why that Lagos guy threatened to send them a nuclear warhead. Imagine the damage they are doing to our collective psyche and heritage.
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by simongbafe: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2012
YES! I would support death penalty for corrupt and fraudulent persons. Corruption is a colossal monster in Nigeria and if we fail to follow the Chinese model then perpetrators will forever abound!! In the last 50yrs, we have never been able to prosecute offenders and yet our hard-earned monies are being stolen out through conduit pipes to other countries to develop those countries and yet our country, Nigeria, has failed to materialize...
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by mikron(m): 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2012
I DEY YA SIDE 100 PERCENT. KILL THEM ALL MODA FVCKERS
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by ariyebaba(m): 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2012
I support "SHARIA".................cut d damn hand off......:..................
smileycheesywink
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by kaysy(m): 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2012
BlueMurder: With the alarming number of reports of sleaze, fraud and outright theft coming out of high places on a daily basis, shouldn't we just adopt the Chinese model by wiping culprits out of the face of the earth? If convicted armed robbers can be sentenced to death by hanging, i see no logic in sparing the lives of pen robbers, whose imbecilic greed emasculates and endangers the entire populace. We must get harsher on these criminals. Or what do nairalanders think?

This should be signed into law with immediate effect!
Senate what are you guys doing

i also thing the house or rep should be scraped... dnt u think so?

1 Like

Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by Demdem(m): 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2012
Yes
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by vicoloni(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2012
No, cos all Nigerians will die!
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by hakanai(m): 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2012
It's about will anybody ever be convicted under such a law and the punishment be carried out without any form of fear or favor? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Few corrupt folks are penalized considering the magnitude of corruption in Nigeria.Little is done to punish any haevy looting.In short anti-corruption works only for anyone who doesn't go with the powers that be.When will it be a thing that as rumor of facts of corruption spread EFCC or ICPC will instantly investigate,detain and prosecute??They always wait for Aso rock to give them matching orders.They are enforcers guided by law.meaning they are to respond automatically to any such acts of corruption not wait until told.
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by ellipizle: 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2012
the problem is who will implement the death penalty, is it the criminals themselve.
Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by Ijebulogic(m): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2012
Only God has the right to give or take life. Ans lets be honest, corruption is so endemic that the executioners will be very busy my dear friend. What will work however is the following: The worst thing you can do to a man who craves riches and relevance is to make him poor and irrelevant. Corrupt officials should get 21 years imprisonment and given public manual labour assignments so school children and tourists can come and watch former ministers and governors wearing LAWMA outfits and sweeping the streets. Sometimes death is to "easy" a punishment when compared to 21 years of public ridicule. Having said all the above, I still do not understand why for example, Bernie Madoff has been sentenced to life imprisonment while our corrupt bankers here plea bargained and are still flying 1st class and living a life of luxury? The system is beyond repair!

3 Likes

Re: Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? by bisiaet: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2012
Please please guys stop all these death penalty of a thing all we want is collect the all the loots back from them and put them in jail that is all enough blood has be shed in this country we dont want more blood.

If death is now the way out how many politician will remain in Nigeria, how many Judge will remain, how many former head of state will remain, how many police will remain and how many govt official will remain, corruption has eaten up the flesh of Nigerians and its every where so if all these people are killed remember that they are human like you and parent to so many kids. Cutting the head is never a solution to headache.

I hate corruption with passion but killing is not solution to it because thousands if not millions of Nigerians are guilty of it. Let them vomit all they stole and jail them as punishment rather than insunuating more orphanage around every corner of the country, what sense is in this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia Flags Off Cocoa Growth Enhancement Support Scheme / Governors Houses That Are Expensive Than Private Universities / Banks Not Operating Today In Aba Because Of Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.