Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice (10470 Views)

Resident Doctors Issue 14-day Ultimatum To Enugu Govt To Employ More Doctors / Court Restrains Resident Doctors In ESUT Teaching Hospital From Strike / Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by opribo(m): 10:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
ASUU on strike
Doctors pending
NUPENG loading
PENGASAN to follow soon
NURTW and NLC to round it off

Thats the normal trend

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by GreatMahmud: 10:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
Doctors are really suffering in this country. The dignity of this noble profession has been relegated so low.

4 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by soflygerian(m): 10:36pm On Aug 30, 2017
Labour union should just shutdown this country so we know things are not working. Minimum wage strike loading

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Famocious(m): 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
GreatMahmud:
Doctors are really suffering in this country. The dignity of this noble profession has been relegated so low.

Who else is not suffering in this country ? The system is not working , simple !

High time the major players in the system sat down and reassess the whole structure !
It's simply not working . undecided

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by claremont(m): 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2017
fratermathy:

No one would have known things would turn out this way. PMB himself is good hearted but not effective enough. The Nigeria we all envision needs an effective leader.

GEJ was no better so the last election was a choice between the devil and deep blue sea. PMB capitalised on GEJ's cluelessness to ride to power and now he's not only clueless but also sick, ineffective, and insensitive.

God help us all.

GMB campaigned on the basis of an aggressive anti-corruption drive, fight against Boko Haram, revival of the economy. I think he has actually done a good job on these 3 fronts. There are a lot of graduates who earn a decent living via the Npower programme, the Npower programme alone is one of the most aggressive mass employment programmes by any government in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Praissey: 11:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
grin After them make another sector strike too
;-D ;-D
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
So what you mean to say na is that the lady in front na doctor too Abi auxiliary nurse undecided

If them like make dem strike in as much as my chinedu the chemis boi no strike too

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by gbaliciousgbali: 12:37am On Aug 31, 2017
Time for those of us on nairaland to issue seun and his mods especially lala our own strike notice and our strike would be for one year. tongue tongue
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by JaffyJoe(m): 2:14am On Aug 31, 2017
Saw it coming. It's a known pattern. Either doctors go first or ASUU, then their numerous sister bodies follow suit. All asking for more cheddar smh.
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:37am On Aug 31, 2017
Medicine in Nigeria is rubbish. Nigerian doctors are the least motivated doctors in the modern world. It's actually a big shame. Those days it was a thing of pride to study medicine, now medical doctor no get any single weight.. The government should pls empower them, they need it than N-power youths.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by bozoforce: 4:29am On Aug 31, 2017
ff
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by cheezy4real(m): 5:12am On Aug 31, 2017
fratermathy:

No one would have known things would turn out this way. PMB himself is good hearted but not effective enough. The Nigeria we all envision needs an effective leader.

GEJ was no better so the last election was a choice between the devil and deep blue sea. PMB capitalised on GEJ's cluelessness to ride to power and now he's not only clueless but also sick, ineffective, and insensitive.

God help us all.

You lied. Learn to say the truth. GEJ is far much better than BUHARI. The doctors campaigned for him. Its good as the whole system feels our collective wrong decision. Stop facing the truth sir but man up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Mcreloaded(m): 7:04am On Aug 31, 2017
Native doctors will be happy as this is good news to them and all local chemists that administer over the counter medication

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by talk2emma: 7:25am On Aug 31, 2017
Buhari you think say e easy abi
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by mostcerebral: 7:45am On Aug 31, 2017
eezeribe:
See as them be like final year students...
lalasticlala,Mynd44.
so that is the only thing ur lame and weak brain allowed u to type. Fool!!!
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by cstr1000: 8:41am On Aug 31, 2017
claremont:

GMB campaigned on the basis of an aggressive anti-corruption drive, fight against Boko Haram, revival of the economy. I think he has actually done a good job on these 3 fronts. There are a lot of graduates who earn a decent living via the Npower programme, the Npower programme alone is one of the most aggressive mass employment programmes by any government in Africa.
lol.
You just can't make this shitt up.
Are you in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by mechanics(m): 9:55am On Aug 31, 2017
strike,strike strike, that's serious o.
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2017
eezeribe:
See as them be like final year students...
lalasticlala,Mynd44.
it is obvious you are beefing
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 31, 2017
SenorFax:
Wetin we no see for this life, they are tired of saving life or what??
what doctor would be happy to save your life when his child is being chased out of school because he cannot afford school fee. the fact that doctors swore the Hippocratic oath, doesn't translate to working for free at their detriment, pls get that straight.

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 31, 2017
i said it to my classmates in medical school and i will repeat it here, any doctor who wants to prctice in this country all their lives is high on cocaine. there was even a consultant endocrinologist who wrote PLAB passed and has left this jungle to start from scratch and is doing better than when he was in this country.

Go to the career and health sections,go to the doctors thread, they all want to leave. the average Nigerian patient is opportunistic, frustrated and deceitful, interacting with them day after day puts a strain on ones sanity.

Everyone knows the system is messed up, but it is messed up because we individuals are messed up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by 400billionman: 10:41am On Aug 31, 2017
In the last thread someone said Bugati is God sent and Jonathan is devil sent.

They also said Ibrahim Magu has recovered one trillion naira from Diezani and other political thieves in 2017 alone.

It will be wicked if the Bugati administration does not use this one trillion naira to pay these striking doctors and ASUU.

Propaganda administration..

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 31, 2017
funmisticqueen:
i said it to my classmates in medical school and i will repeat it here, any doctor who wants to prctice in this country all their lives is high on cocaine. there was even a consultant endocrinologist who wrote PLAB passed and has left this jungle to start from scratch and is doing better than when he was in this country.

Go to the career and health sections,go to the doctors thread, they all want to leave. the average Nigerian patient is opportunistic, frustrated and deceitful, interacting with them day after day puts a strain on ones sanity.

Everyone knows the system is messed up, but it is messed up because we individuals are messed up
Patients think you are trying to extort them of their hard-earned Money. A patient told one my Doctor friend that "Medicine is for humanitarian service"...

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by alienware(m): 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Medicine in Nigeria is rubbish. Nigerian doctors are the least motivated doctors in the modern world. It's actually a big shame. Those days it was a thing of pride to study medicine, now medical doctor no get any single weight.. The government should pls empower them, they need it than N-power youths.

You just being jealous ... you were no lucky to be a doc..
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by birdsview(m): 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
kafiz1:

y nt say tank u fr informin yhur belated brainz sme sense of belongings
insults are not good.I didn't spite you.so it's not cool to insult me.thank you
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by birdsview(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
kafiz1:

y nt say tank u fr informin yhur belated brainz sme sense of belongings
insults are not good
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by kafiz1(m): 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
birdsview:
insults are not good
same here
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by kafiz1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 31, 2017
birdsview:
insults are not good.I didn't spite you.so it's not cool to insult me.thank you
yhu initialy insulted yhursef n also yhur brain
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by onyxo76(m): 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2017
eni4real:
Patients think you are trying to extort them of their hard-earned Money. A patient told one my Doctor friend that "Medicine is for humanitarian service"...
humanitarian service, no problem when your son is of age and you send him to study medicine with all your savings and loans and when he starts working and sends you 5k for the month, you go understand the meaning of humaanitarian service then.
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by birdsview(m): 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2017
kafiz1:

yhu initialy insulted yhursef n also yhur brain
all I said here was in humor.I have very sound college degrees.. shut up and stop commenting..you cretin
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
onyxo76:
humanitarian service, no problem when your son is of age and you send him to study medicine with all your savings and loans and when he starts working and sends you 5k for the month, you go understand the meaning of humaanitarian service then.
I was only emphasizing misconception of patients about hospital bill. Some will even call a doctor that just save them from an emergency condition "wicked and heartless" because he is not yielding to their so called "negotiations"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10,000 Nigerians Regain Sight Through Free Cataract Surgery By Federal Ministry / 17 Best Benefits And Uses Of Noni For Skin, Hair And Health / Is Moi-moi Healthy? All Ideas And Suggestions Are Welcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.