Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? (2828 Views)

What Age Is Best For Marriage For Ladies And Guys? Your Opinion... / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / 10 Signs He Wants To Marry You - For Ladies Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by jeebeewell: 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2010
This lady is not yet married to this guy but she her started living in the guy's parent house. she now lives and acts as a wife to the guy even when nothing has been done as relating to marriage rites.
Please, ladies in the house can you do this? I need your sincere contributions and advice.
Thanks
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by isobel: 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2010
Never! dats so cheap. i guess the tot on the guy's mind is "why buy the cow if the milk is free".
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 23, 2010
Never been a supporter of cohabitation

edit
lol parents' house?
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by agathamari(f): 12:14am On Feb 23, 2010
isobel:

Never! dats so cheap. i guess the tot on the guy's mind is "why buy the cow if the milk is free".
why buy the pig for just a little sausage?
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by H2O2: 12:17am On Feb 23, 2010
We never hear this one before, we are just using it to scare the sayer cheesy
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by Rehana2: 1:55am On Feb 23, 2010
I could not tolerate my adult sons/daughters bringing a 'partner' to live in my house, call me old fashioned.
If they did want to have a prospective partner live with us for some reason, which would have to be good reason, ,I would want to know their parents and agree the arrangement, though they would have to be in separate rooms.
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by na2day2(m): 7:29am On Feb 24, 2010
hope she is paying rent lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2010
Such a lady is only fooling herself.
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2010
Trial Marriage- that is what it is called. MuMu girl. angry angry angry
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by galatico(m): 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
That's share stupidity on the ladies part, she's so cheap, if my sister tries that well thank God they are married, I would have killed her .
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by iice(f): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
Yes! cool
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by nana(f): 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2010
Not when there are still many rooms in my daddy's house. cheesy
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by puskin: 6:10pm On Feb 24, 2010
She ain't living with the guy in the parent' s permanently. . . . . . . .so wats the fuss!!!!

Prolly . . . . the parents are checking the babe out.
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by daylae(m): 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2010
@nana Hello! How're u doing? @topic many ladies do this,but i think is not right!
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by Decryptor(m): 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2010
A lot of ladies do it nowadays. It's so lame to me. Why move your ar$e to the home of a man you are not yet married to and to make matters worse, his parents' house? Where will the bliss of marriage be after the wedding since it has been all outlived during the courtship. I mean, weekends are okay but permanently moving to the guys house is so retarded. Ladies who do it to me are insecure. Period!
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by kokoye(m): 7:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
na2day?:

hope she is paying rent

grin
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
Meanwhile he is planning his wedding to the other girl on the side. Poor girl, may God be with her.
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by na2day2(m): 11:32pm On Feb 24, 2010
iice:

Yes! cool

ur keyboard is acting up again
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by Akinagirl(f): 12:09am On Feb 25, 2010
Sadly its done all the time. I never will. I think its useless, why would I be trapped with a man living in his house, worse his parents house, him tieing me down calling me wifey and not put a ring on it. Heck no!
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by Donvilo(m): 12:37am On Feb 25, 2010
***comment reserved***
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by mamagee3(f): 1:02am On Feb 25, 2010
Poster. . .
Tell me the Century we are in
and I'll give you my response
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by na2day2(m): 1:11am On Feb 25, 2010
Akinagirl:

Sadly its done all the time. I never will. I think its useless, why would I be trapped with a man living in his house, worse his parents house, him tieing me down calling me wifey and not put a ring on it. Heck no!

u can always buy ur own ring wink wink wink

mama-gee:

Poster. . .
Tell me the Century we are in
and I'll give you my response

12th century, now what is ur response?
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 25, 2010
is dat desperation or wot abi is she trying 2 impress her imaginary inlaws or her imaginary husband.d day d guy sees a finer gal or he impregnates anoda gal nobody will teach her b4 she leaves d house.orisirisi wonders shall never end. no bride price,no introduction,notin shocked shocked shocked shocked i want 2 ask mr poster a question WHEN D GUY IN QUESTION IS Hot DOES HE HAVE SEX WITH HER FREQUENTLY?if d answer is yes.i pity d gal 10yrs from now.God helps her if she's pregnant shocked shocked shocked shocked dis one is know more cheap she's now selling 20 naira vagina shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.wen her expiry date comes she will feel like crying water wont come out of her eyes.dis r d kind of galz dat make dose stupid men generalise dat all naija babes are cheap.as 4 d guys parents dat r harboring her na wa 4 dem o.even if d guys father cannot talk cant d mother talk.even if she doesnt have any dota cant she use her motherly instinct 2 tell her dat her son is just using d gal 2 catch trips n doesnt have any plan 4 her (d guys parents have a voluntary house gal,free of charge)!!!! chai!!! d mother will just be relaxing while d gal is doing all d house chores wot a pity.d person dat cursed dat gal is wicked o shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by topup: 5:55am On Feb 25, 2010
I wouldn't want to, but I can see why it happens to women. With so many stages in a relationship it is easy to think "we've come so far, nothing can go wrong now" or "I don't want to start asking questions like I don't know him now."

It's this idea of; "If I complain, I run the chance of jeopardising everything I've worked so hard to maintain." alternatively, she doesn't realise what she's doing, sometimes when you go from 0 - 100 it's difficult to see how fast you've moved because you think you'll wait and see how things continue not knowing you've travelled straight to the end of the scale already.

I could easily move into a flat with my boyfriend and it would feel natural, but what wise people have told me (and religious beliefs) would be the only thing holding me back, and since it is not completely ingrained in my moral compass, it would have to be a conscious effort not to slip into that state.
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by FMK(m): 7:09am On Feb 25, 2010
that's called realy Love without interest that's not for sale tongue
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by echobee(f): 7:21am On Feb 25, 2010
for wetin?
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by iice(f): 8:21pm On Feb 27, 2010
na2day?:

your keyboard is acting up again

No it's not cheesy
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by na2day2(m): 9:17pm On Feb 27, 2010
iice:

No it's not cheesy

stop being modest, ur keyboard was acting up 4 real
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by iice(f): 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2010
My keyboard is fine jare.
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by googles: 9:22pm On Feb 27, 2010
[size=13pt]lol
am sure the babe will be doing some serious washing o
cater to the boy's family all round,cook,sweep
be kneeling up and down the compound to greet everybody, even the gateman
na wa o your friend go pick beans tire
shior  sad sad [/size]
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by na2day2(m): 4:21am On Feb 28, 2010
iice:

My keyboard is fine jare.

ah! then ur medication has expired lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: For Ladies Only: Can You Do This? by ThePelican(m): 4:59am On Feb 28, 2010
It's not such a good idea but that's not to conclude it doesn't happen. Many factors can play out in this scheme. Some girls who are doing this are blinded, for instance, by thinking they've gone far too deep into the relationship to experience any breakup--this is a wrong assumption but it's always what some girls do.

Another feature is that instances have been witnessed where girls did this successfully and they got married eventually. Some parents can't help thinking that this is a modest way for a girl to prove her worth to the man to determine, and in furtherance, prove that she's going to be a worthy wife. With the kind of mentality some girls possess, this happens predominantly in a lot of places, Nigeria especially.

Truth is, co-habitation isn't a good idea, never have been. Some relationships crash at this point because only then the prospective mother-in-law starts to see faults and shortcomings of the girl in question; negative comments are made and a lot of misunderstanding ensue which truncates the relationship eventually.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do They Have The Same Effect? / A Poem For Her! / My List Of The Qualities I Want In A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.