Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Three Sides Of A Coin - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Sides Of A Coin (156844 Views)

Messiah's Poem: The Poverty Alleviation Coin (PAC) & Naira Marley Coin (NMC). / *sides Of Love* / sides Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bimberry1307(f): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
"or so I thought " Hmmmm! I hope Peter won't bail this time around.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by abasu(m): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
ur posts are alwayx wow .... tnx

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by swankmee(f): 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
I just hope he won't disappoint her......

Weldone fiyah.... More ink to ur pen

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Ayomicome(m): 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
I won't forgive this guy if he beeps up the second time.....more updates abeg

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by itsandi(m): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2017
interesting smiley

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Xteljay(f): 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2017
Fiyah, do u want me to cum and carry u b4 u cum and update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by greatface(m): 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
Good Work Fiyah.

Is it infatuation that made Francis fix a wedding date with Ehi when he so much know he is in love with another Juliet?

Good luck Peter and Ehi.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Adesina12: 11:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
Even Rafiyah is sleeping now
No more update

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Creamyebony2017(f): 10:46am On Nov 17, 2017
Wooooow this story is da bomb....pretty much like am seeing a movie.....keep it up darling and please update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Rukkydelta(f): 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2017
Nice write up
Following bomber to bomber

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2017
*Rhoda*

Angrily unwinding the shawl tied around my neck and removing the shades on my eyes, I slowed down to pause before the room I share with David.

There was a loud noise coming from in there and Rachel's voice, which was surprisingly overshadowed by David's, kind of got me curious as to what could possibly be happening.

I've never seen her enter the room ever before.

Not when I am around though.

At first, I thought whatever led to the argument must have everything to do with Rachael making things up and throwing tantrums about me.

Again.

But as I inched closer, I noticed from the door left wide open to the way they looked each other in the eye that David and his sister were too engorged in their heated argument to notice my presence. Their argument, from the little I overheard, had little or nothing to do with me or maybe it did have something to do with me.

'… I never gave you permission to give her my number! I am done ignoring your immature attitudes and childish acts cos it isn't funny anymore! You have just gone way overboard with this and you need to understand the magnitude of what you've done and take responsibilities for your actions!' David was yelling at the top of his lungs with his fingers gesticulating in different directions as he tried to make his point.

I do say he looks scary whenever he is angry but looking at him right now, scary would be an understatement for whatever the scowl plus the mixture of rage and fury adorning his face suggest.

'I am still trying to comprehend why we are even having this conversation. Who could have thought there was some sort of restriction on when and who gets your number...' Rachael defended, rolling her eyes as she placed her hands on her hip for support.

She looked all shades of unfazed by David's show of anger. I could tell that her calmness and lack of show of remorse completely pissed David off.

'You know what is annoying about this whole thing? The obvious lack of penance from your part! You are taking this so lightly that you see no need for an apology…' David wasn't allowed to finish his statement before Rachael interjected. He was shirtless and only had a pair of shorts on.

'I see no need for an apology because nothing warrants I apologize! I see nothing wrong in giving someone you obviously know your number when she asked for it. You never made any rules on who and who not to give your number! So, it beats me why you are getting all worked up over something as bland as this!' Rachael was equally raising voice now.

'I am getting worked up knowing fully well you are not doing this because it's right or because you really want to be nice or anything. You are doing this because you are suddenly out of tactics on how to keep bugging Rhoda and I that you are ready to stoop this low!' He paused for air while a huge string of amusing disbelief hung on Rachael's lips.

'When will it eventually dawn on you that irrespective of how hard or the number of times you try, irrespective of the way, irrespective of the tool you use, you are not ever going to create a dent in our relationship' He opined leaving Rachael a space to chip in her own part.

'So you thought this is all about you and your girlfriend?…'

'Fiancée!' David corrected, interrupting her.

'Whatever, I don't care about you two! Bugging you two or whatever the hell you called it, is the last thing I want to do because I have no business with you two. Your relationship is so silly and disgusting that the last person you'd want pointing that out for you is a third party, most importantly, me!' She spoke so fast and irritably that it was hard making out what she was saying.

'If you are going to make a big deal about giving someone your number,…' She put an air quote around the last three words. '…then, trust me to never again step into your business. With that duly said, I'm gonna leave you to grovel on how very pathetic you seem right now.' She completed her statement, then stumped out of the room as she brushed past me acting like she wasn't seeing me for the first time when she turned around.

David watched her leave and his eyes fell on me as well.

Surprise!

'What was that about?' I asked as I took slow but casual strides inside the room, acting like I wasn't all that curious as I tore my gaze off him to stare on the plain wall.

'You don't have to worry about that. It's Rachael bringing up her dramas again. Where have you been?' He didn't even pause before asking a diverting question.

His actions all seemed suspicious to me.

'I went to see my mom.' I folded my shawl as I neared the closet. Opening the door, I placed it on a pile of neatly folded cloths. 'Is Rachael's drama something I should worry about?'

'Rachael's repugnant ways of showing her dissatisfaction about our relationship hasn't changed from being something not worth discussing.' He replied, not looking at me as he stripped himself off the last piece of clothing on his body, his shorts; I watched him stood stark naked before me.

'You not reprimanding me when I said I went to see my mum and also your tireless effort in trying to change the topic makes me think it might just be worthy of being discussed. You can't really tell you know. Let me be the judge of whether it is worthy or not.' I said, closing the closet door behind me as I turned to face him, hands folded

'Your posture, your persistence and bothersome questioning have got me thinking this is some interrogation of some sort. I didn't ask about the outcome of the conversation with your mum because I can tell it ended badly just like I said it would. Your sullen face and pissed expression gives you away and me not asking is not because I'm avoiding your question' He answered, folding his short as he spoke. 'You shouldn't have gone.' He added.

I swallowed hard, his words hurt even though I knew I deserved it.

'But, about Rachael…' I tried my luck again.

'About Rachael, you are obsessing with that because you are looking for ways to vent your anger. The anger you left with after conversing with your mum! You are doing it all wrong cos there is nothing about what Rachael said… if at all you didn't hear anything Rachael and I talked about, I hope you heard the part where I said whatever her tactics is, it has got nothing on us. Bite and chew on that.' He said as he head towards the bathroom, his towel hanging loosely on his shoulder.

'Wait…' I stopped him right before he entered the bathroom. 'Before you go in there…' I paused, suddenly feeling light headed because of what I was about to say. 'I've been thinking a lot about what you said and I think I am ready. I am just not all that sure if there is any way we can get the board to vote my dad and his son out. It seems so impossible because my Dad is like invincible. There is no way we can stage a coup…' I was interrupted by the shushing sound David made as he let his eyes feed delightedly on me.

'Everything is possible cookie jar. You Dad has allies, a lot of them, yes. But one thing he isn't, is invincible or untouchable. He may seem like it but he isn't.' He was almost whispering as he said this.

'Amongst his allies, there are the weak ones who all it takes is a little convincing here and there. And for the strong allies whose loyalty lie in the company, all it takes is a tarnishing record of your dad or his son's administration. Something, I've luckily come to lay my hands on. The Company would be yours in no time. ' He smirked at me but his smirk was weirdly unamusing to me.

'I am glad you finally consented.' He said, flashing me an encouraging smile.

'David…. I'm not so sure… I have a bad feeling about this. I feel bad about this.' I stammered as I suddenly felt jittery.

'No, Baby. You don't have to be. Trust me, you are doing your Dad a favour by taking the company away from him. Peter has created a dent in the company's finance. From my findings, he is trying to embezzle a huge sum of money...Nobody knows what it is for but we don't have to. What we should be concerned about is the fact that he has compromised your dad's leadership. Which is good for us... That is what we are going to use against him. We are going to save your Dad's company while we still can. Okay?' He gently coaxed and I nodded after what seemed like eternity.

'I m going to go shower now and when I come out, we'd discuss this together... and most importantly, with my dad. We are going to need him on this. You know right?' He added.

I forced a smile and watched him enter the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

I can't believe I am doing this?

Doesn't it sound so desperate?

But if whatever David said about Peter embezzling is true, I would actually be doing my Dad a favour.

My chain of thought got interrupted by the a vibration coming from the bed.

It was David's phone.

I ignored it but it vibrated again, getting me curious.

What if this has anything to do with the conversation with Rachael?

I edged closer to the bed and reluctantly picked up the phone.

It was a pop up SMS text from a strange number and it read;

'You don't need to pick up the call. All I want is to just meet up for a talk. Please, it's really urgent.'

I dropped the phone, face down on the bed as I thought about how the text is related to the conversation I overheard

5 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by abubakarbabang7(m): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
fiyah one update is not enough plsssss

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by jupitre(m): 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
one update isn't enough ooooooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Taiofil(m): 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
Fiyah your ur story is very very cool... Buh ur updates are always coming too late and the "story don dey taay kinda sha" my opinion though.

But please if u can't make regular updates den try n. Make 3 or 4 updates shey u get... Nice 1 fiyah.. More stories to ur brain n ink to ur pen...lol

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Eddyella(f): 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
I av dis feeling dat Rhoda z going 2 text back 2 d strange number.Pls,Mhiz Fiyah we need updates,I personally need an update.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by itsandi(m): 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
Nice update! cheesy Continue please...

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Xteljay(f): 11:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
Rhoda whatever step u are tryin to take think about it very so that u wont end up hurting urself
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by azeezat22(f): 5:46am On Nov 23, 2017
fiyah pls try to add to ur updates and u can select a day out of the week to give update and tell us when next u will be able to give update not necessarily every day but the duration u do give ur update is somehow long and kudos to u more ink to ur pen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bimberry1307(f): 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
fiyah please update nau.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by datjohn(m): 2:07am On Nov 25, 2017

Pls u pple shud reduce all d update ranting already!

Allow d Author to take her time n prepare d quality stuff she has been knwn for, rather than pressuring her to rush through d story as a result of our impatience, and compromise her standards.

The circumstance may not be all convenient for her at all times, if u really understand how it's like.
Its not easy combining all dese leisure stuff and d hectic school work y'knw... Not jst any school work, but a medical school work.

Pls, encouragement and perseverance wud really go a long way here.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Threebear(m): 6:56am On Nov 25, 2017
What on earth did I just read?
Shessh!

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by RolaDiva(f): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2017
Threebear:
What on earth did I just read?
Shessh!

Smh
Nobody begged you to read it..
Just carry yaself commot jare

Fiyah baby take your time and gives us the best..
I love you..#no_homo #kisses

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Eminembuz(m): 8:49am On Nov 25, 2017
I most admit, this are the organic thought you probably see in a whole food not withstanding facts that all this are coming from your hardworks and focus. It very remarkable, brilliant, epic and fruitful. My only crime is I love your write up.. This is the very first of your many congratulations..nice work and keep it up fiyah...!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 10:01am On Nov 25, 2017
am I de only one that Hates Rhoda and Davids part ....the two eh.....so so annoying

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by greatface(m): 10:10am On Nov 25, 2017
I think we made Front Page.
Fiyah we made FP again.
It calls for celebration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Slimeesha(f): 10:34am On Nov 25, 2017
Hip Hip Hip oya let's wash this with a very long update wink Wehdone dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Herdeybayo1(m): 11:27am On Nov 25, 2017
Waitin concern me.......

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by heemah(f): 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2017
bellefidel:
am I de only one that Hates Rhoda and Davids part ....the two eh.....so so annoying
We r on the same page..

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2017
EHI
I could tell the excitement was literally seaming off my pores and I couldn’t conceal it even though I tried.
I tried concealing it, because as crazy as this may sound, I felt I was betraying Rhoda. I don’t know if it was me trying to repress my guilt or if I was in denial, but I couldn’t lay my hands on which part of my actions was actually betrayal.
Rhoda may not know it but I can’t just hate her brother just because she wanted me to. I tried to hate him but it all just happened and I realized I can’t because there was actually nothing to hate aside the fact that he has his own personal issues which could be traced to his very horrible past.
He wasn’t even competing with her like she thought!
I kept asking myself why everything felt so wrong, yet so right?
Why do I feel warm all over even though a part of me was in ice?
I have never been at lost or more confused about my own emotions than I currently am right now and oddly as this may sound, it still felt so good that I could swear I have never felt better.
I can’t even tell if I was just scared of catching some feelings or if I was scared of getting hurt. Well that doesn’t matter because I certainly know I’m scared.
So scared yet I couldn’t stop the butterflies fluttering in my stomach whenever the image of Peter’s lips pressed to mine comes shuffling in my head. I shrugged of the slide show in my brain and turn off the shower.
I wasn’t with a wristwatch or anything but if at all I have to guess, I would say I have been in the shower for an hour. The greater part of which was literally spent reminiscing the kissing episodes and also humming a love song from the 90’s.
Who the hell have I suddenly become?
I shouldn’t be like that about a guy especially, if I have to consider the fact that he isn’t my first… or even my second!
Why does he feel so special even though he was just plain and simple?
And just cute…
… and has thin supple lips that perfectly align with his perfectly carved face, hiding whatever hardship he had to face in the past…
What is wrong with me?
I stepped out of the bath, shaking off the shameful thought I just had as I took my bathing robe off the hanger right before slipping it on. I entered the bedroom and glanced over the heart-shaped wall clock hanging over my bed. I realized I still had the time to damp my face in make-up and find something nice to wear before Peter arrives.
I took a little tour to my closet and the moment I opened the door, some hurtful but memorable memories came flooding. I could remember the first time I was supposed to go on a date with Peter. I had troubles deciding whether or not to go but Rhoda was here to encourage me. It’s amazing how everything changed with her discovering I was friends with her brother…. Or more like lovers… which we apparently seem to be.
I flipped through the dresses hanging in the closet until I stopped before the dress she picked for me the other day.

It was a few minutes to 10.
Ten, in the night.
I mean, ten pm and I was still in my red dress, sitting one of the seats in the dining room, phone tightly held in my right hand as I forcefully tried to refrain from calling him!

Again.

Trying to be considerate, I even tried to pretend that I forgot the date was mutually agreed to start by 8 which he promised to come pick me from home! But it is a few minutes to 10 and he isn’t even picking his calls talk more of him showing up!

Was he probably preparing some sort of surprise?

This better not be a surprise because this is one hell of a crazy surprise… and I was so not feeling it.

I gritted my teeth hard until I was almost bleeding. All was just to stop myself from trying to call him again and be tagged desperate.

The knock on the door startled and got me excited so much that I almost slipped trying to stand up but I was lucky enough to hold the table for support just in time. I half ran to the door then stopped before it to take a deep breath and smoothen my dress. I slowly opened the door, with a pretend frown on my face.

Standing there, looking a bit disturbed was Rhoda’s mum.

I’ve never been so disappointed and unexcited seeing her than I was.

There was a car parked right beside mine in the compound and I could see a man in the driver’s seat as the light from the car reflected on his face.
Staring at her absentmindedly and still surprised, I ushered her in with a brusque and lifeless smile before closing the door behind her, noiselessly.

‘Were you expecting someone?’ She threw the question at me and I didn’t even know how to answer that.

‘Not really…’ I later replied as I followed closely behind her as she walked to one of the couches in the living room.

I tried to grasp what her mission at my place would be at 9:57pm.

I can’t even remember the last time she came here.

‘That’s relieving. I was so scared you might be sleeping but it just couldn’t wait. How have you been Ehi?’ She asked and I don’t need to a psychic to tell me she didn’t come all the way here, at his time, just to ask how I was.

‘I am fine… I am just pretty surprised you came here…. You know it’s late and you could have just called… or texted.’ I cringed after I said that. And even though I had a wide grin plastered on my face the whole time I said that, it felt like I was being rude. But I don’t know if there is any other way one could ask a middle aged woman who happened to be your best friend’s mother what she was doing at your place at 10pm. ‘Rhoda isn’t staying here anymore.’ I added and it wasn’t until I said it that I realized I might have been dropped off a cliff when I was young.

‘I know. I know I shouldn’t be here but I certainly wouldn’t take much of your time.’ She paused then continued. ‘Speaking of Rhoda, do you know if she had been up to something abnormal lately?’

Aside from hating me for being friends with her brother? No.

I never said that aloud though.

‘No. I don’t think so. She has been a lot bitter about the company lately but aside from that, she has pretty much been herself.’ I answered. ‘Why are you so curious?’ I supplemented.

‘Rhoda is up to something. I don’t know what it is exactly but I have guesses. But whatever it is, it isn’t going to end well for anybody most especially Rhoda.’

I tried to ruminate on what she said but it all didn’t quite mix.

‘Do you think Rhoda has suicidal plans?’ I asked and it sounded wrong again.

Like, who tells a mother her only daughter is planning a suicide?
‘I mean, trust me. I know Rhoda and the last thing she would do is hurt anybody or herself.’ I tried to assure the worried mother.

‘I don’t think Rhoda has a suicidal plan but I think she’s about to do something stupid.’ She said, flexing her arm nervously.

‘Ma, I know Rhoda is your daughter but she is my best friend and I know she would never do anything stupid irrespective of the magnitude. I know she’s just so mad at everything right now but all she needs is a little break and she’d be fine.’ I assured the worried woman before me who suddenly lapsed into silence.

I could tell she was a lot relaxed than she initially was.

‘Thanks, Ehi.’ She smiled at me and I smiled back.

We stayed rooted to a spot in silence for a few minutes before she eventually broke it.

‘I think I should get going. It’s late.’ She said then pulled me into a surprising hug which took me a few moments to reciprocate.

She released me from the embrace and headed for door just right after smiling at me.

‘You know Rhoda needs you right?’ She said, immediately she was outside the door and I was just behind her. ‘She doesn’t have any other friend. You just need to tolerate her until she gets over this childish act. Please do that for me.’ She was almost pleading.
‘I don’t know if she ever wants to see me but, I’ll try my best.’ I answered and gave her one last encouraging smile.

I watched her stepped inside the car, and also watched the car zoom out of my compound.

I ran back to the dining table where my phone laid face down. I picked it up and eventually succumbed to the pressure of dialing Peter’s number once again.

And again.

And again.

And for the fifth time in 10 minutes. Yet, he picked none of my calls.

Okay, Calm down Ehi. Nothing bad happened to him.

I dialed again and the phone rang for a few seconds and as I was about to hang up for the last time, he picked the call.

‘I don’t have time to talk right now. I will call you back? He said from the other end before I could even say HI!

I felt my lips freeze in a ‘WOW’

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
I am so sorry it took this long. I apologize. Again.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bimberry1307(f): 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
you're welcome baby, thanks for the update.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control / Delayed Diagnosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.