Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Three Sides Of A Coin - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Sides Of A Coin (156774 Views)

Messiah's Poem: The Poverty Alleviation Coin (PAC) & Naira Marley Coin (NMC). / *sides Of Love* / sides Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by gameboy727(m): 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
You are a marvellous writer. I am totally hooked on this.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Melonny(m): 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
this is a good one. Fiyah, you are doing a good job.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
embarassed embarassedyes oh..give it to him who.... dumbass fool....
am sorry to say this but anybody (most of people) answering Peter get hw they do behave...

Peter sef anyway knw u have a very good reason for behaving like psycho if not .... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Gloria007(f): 5:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
My mouth was opened while reading this.....
'Hold on a sec, is there more to this than signing a
file?' He paused to catch my attention. 'Okay, this is
about the dinner. Right? I didn't show up and we
get it. Get over it and sign already.' He said.

I think Peter is under duress and is only trying to protect Ehi.Well done ooo and don't starve us with updates.

3 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Lildiamond: 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
Poor Ehi

3 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Twinkle004(f): 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
I think Peter is going through something tough and he is finding it hard to share

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Pinkfeet: 5:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
hmmmm ... am speechless
sorry EHI
it hurt alot

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Pinkfeet: 7:07pm On Oct 16, 2017
Twinkle004:
I think Peter is going through something tough and he is finding it hard to share

even do his going through tough time or whatever , what he did to her is not good .

soooooo peter is crazy wit that behaviour .

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by wizsolzy(m): 4:13am On Oct 17, 2017
Ok a certified cycho on d loose (Peter)...

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Pricelessangel0(f): 9:06am On Oct 17, 2017
Cant imagine what Ehi is going through but this there best friends does not understand each other. they are just symbiotic. but this Mr peter is not helping matters cos you don't treat a lady like that cos that's why you are a man. you should be able to mask your feelings.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Dynamik007(m): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
Pricelessangel0:
Cant imagine what Ehi is going through but this there best friends does not understand each other. they are just symbiotic. but this Mr peter is not helping matters cos you don't treat a lady like that cos that's why you are a man. you should be able to mask your feelings.

@ pricelessangle0... your thoughts is quite far from their shadows... I like your way of reasoning... @Fiyah!!!!!!!��������!!!!

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by itsandi(m): 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
Interesting! Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by abasu(m): 11:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
grin grin God bless yhu for this wonderful story fiyah.... #waiting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by greatface(m): 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
Even though Peter wasn't acting as desired, we shouldn't forget totally that he grew up in an environment and condition that will leave many people as serial killers, drug addicts, merciless humans and or just anything bad.

Someone said Peter may be under dures and if so, which I also believe, the culprit most likely will be David.

As for Ehi, when trouble and temptation comes visiting, they shatters almost every mirror of joy you hold dear. She just need to be strong now than ever.

Good Work Fiyah!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Slimeesha(f): 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2017
I can smell an update,lemme goan look for my glasses.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by HelenBee(f): 8:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
Fiyah I'm hungry �

3 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by donblazer10(m): 11:07pm On Oct 19, 2017
HelenBee:
Fiyah I'm hungry �
goan eat

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by abubakarbabang7(m): 7:56am On Oct 22, 2017
fiyah come naaaaa...........

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by iiru: 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
fiyah dear, hope you are fine?

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Horlar995(m): 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
Fiyah..... Abeg update na

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Slimeesha(f): 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
fiyah please coman update naw

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 10:43am On Oct 23, 2017
Biko take y time fiyah.....so that when u update it will be long, captivating and satisfying......pls don't leave us hanging as usual..

p.s pls make Peter and ehi to be friends in the nxt update so that I can feel the chemistry.....

thanks in-between

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Melonny(m): 6:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
Tired of waiting jare.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by RolaDiva(f): 9:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
Melonny:
Tired of waiting jare.

Kpele dear...

Just give her time so she can deliver the best for us

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by WHOcarex: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2017
Nice story. But my problem with some of these writers, is that the don't complete their stories which is very annoying. Won't be surprised if this one end up not completed. She has been trying with her update tho

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 9:37pm On Oct 24, 2017
*PETER*

'Wow… Isn't that too harsh? I may not be a perfect judge of what is right and what isn't but that is simply inhumane even from someone like you.' David was leaning across the wall just beside the door and my eyes caught him the moment I exited Ehi's office. He was wearing a white T-shirt which had a black tie held with a tie clip and a grey pair of trousers.

His hand held blue binders gingerly and he had this sly and mischievous smile on his lips.

I gripped the blue file in my right hand tighter as I became suddenly nauseated by his presence. Tucking my left and empty hand inside my left trouser's pocket, I finally turned to meet his gaze.

'I can't remember having your office etched right where you are comfortably perched or has stalking your boss become one of those things you do now?' I attacked him making sure the scowl on my face did so much as convey enough meaning as well.

I watched his lips curved into an amused smile. A very annoying smile.

This guy just knows the right way and the right time to be so annoying. I couldn't help wondering if I actually did a good job concealing my anger or he just thought it right to ignore the well placed crankiness in my physique and actions

'There are times when I want to believe you deliberately act like you don't have a conscience. I don't know why I chose to believe that. I guess I am just scared of the realisation that you might actually not have a conscience.' He was now in front of me, slapping the binder in his right hand across his left palm repeatedly as he talked.

I could sense my forehead crease in surprise as I was simply amused by his show of confidence in confronting me.

'How long have you been standing there?' I ignored his deliberate attempt to make me feel guilty or whatnot.

Why the hell would he even want me to feel guilty? It wasn't like he really cared or anything.

'Long enough to hear you say whatever on earth that was with your girlfriend back there.' He paused to moisten his lips for reasons best known to him then continued.

'She just lost a girlfriend! Her freaking best friend. You may not know it and I don't know why she is being too modest to tell you but you are the reason behind that!' He was speaking fast now. And for a moment, I thought I sensed some passion and sincerity in his voice.

'The least she deserves right now is some comforting from you and you are even too pompous to give her that? Just how selfish could you get?' He yelled it in my face.

I couldn't help it. I blinked twice to be sure I heard him right.

I don't know if it was the fact that Ehi and Rhoda reportedly got into a big fight because of me or because my supposed sister's fiancé was yelling at me for acting 'inhumane'.

Shocked would be an understatement, I was simply flabbergasted and if I hadn't known better, I would have thought he really cared about my reputation and Ehi's feelings which he clearcut doesn't.

I have always thought him to be the ambitious type.

Judging by his strong opposition towards me during board the meeting and the personal beefs afterwards, I had no choice but to believe he has more than an ace up his sleeves and none of those aces was in Rhoda's interest.

And he just had to prove me right by the statement he made.

Something was off about the dude. I don't know what it was but I knew something was.

'Hold on a second, if I heard you correctly, you are trying to tell me to make things right with Ehi?' I wasn't expecting an answer and he gave none.

'You know what is weird? What is weird is you don't care about us two. It isn't like you are doing it for either of us yet you want us to make things right?' I was lost then I suddenly paused in realization before continuing.

'Ridiculous as this may sound, I can't help thinking that's one of your tactics to get Rhoda to hate Ehi more. Your tactic is to push both girls farther away from each other. Rhoda would be infuriated if she learns Ehi replaced her with me. She wouldn't be willing to mend whatever they had going between them and that would be a cue for you to act. It would be a cue for you to carry out whatever you had planned. I don't know what it is but I can't help getting this evil vibes whenever I'm around you.' He couldn't even wait till I finish my statement before bursting into bouts of throaty laughter which ended almost as soon as it started.

'You are really one funny dude. Thank God you pointed out earlier that you sound ridiculous.. oh wait...' He paused in some pretense thoughtfulness. 'Even if that was really true, who would believe you?' He added chuckling.

'Okay. The thing is, I have this thing called compassion. You may not know what it is, I heard it is only meant for humans. So, you may decide to not take my advice which isn't a problem by the way. As long as that weird slash ridiculous theory you made up makes you sleep at night and doesn't prick your conscience in any way, I guess you are fine.' The amusement had completely disappeared from his eyes and he had his hand stretched out. He was holding out the binder while his other hand remained in his trouser's pocket.

'I signed it already. You can have it.' He added when I made no move to take the binder from him.

I took the binder off his hands and flipped to the last page where he had his signature inscribed in black ink whilst tucking his other hand in his pocket.

'Okay.' I said flipping the binder closed.

He stayed rooted to a spot for a moment before eventually turning and heading towards his office.

'You were the one, right?' I had been doing a lot of thinking within the short moment of him handing me the binder and it all just suddenly occurred to me.

He stopped walking, then turned to look at me while a clueless expression hung on his face.

'You split those two up. You made them fight and put it all on me.' I announced and even though I expected him to be a bit shocked or amazed, he wasn't. He just maintained his cool, smiled at me, then finally walked off.

I knew something was off about that guy. As hard as I tried to stop him from getting in my head, he still manages to.

I tried to shut off my thoughts by closing my eyes. I opened them, then continued my trip down to my office and it was then I realised I couldn't shut the voices off. They were still there reprimanding me. Yelling and screaming at me.

I wasn't prepared to listen to David but even I know there was some sense in what he said.

I felt guilty for the first time today.

I really was harsh on Ehi.

She didn't deserve all that.

She doesn't in any way.

I shouldn't take out my frustration on anybody. Definitely not her. Somehow, she had managed to soften the blow I got dealt with in some ways and the least I should do is make things right with her.

Not minding the distractions I was trying to avoid,

Not caring whatever David's plan was and if I was acting in synch with it, I know I had to do the right thing.

Some things are just meant to be right and damn the consequences.

Before I knew what I was doing, I was on a U-turn tracing my way back to Ehi's office.

Before I knew it once again, I was standing fixedly before her door.

Maybe I actually have a conscience after all.

Turning the door handle, I started my impromptu planned speech.

'Ehi, I am...' I stopped midway around my sentence as my eyes suddenly adjusted to the scene before me.

There was a guy in her office.

He was wearing a plaid T-shirt over a pair of blue trousers.

He looked familiar.

Oh yeah! He was Ehi's Fiance… the Francis guy.

What could he possibly be doing here?

Which part of stay away does he not understand?.

Ehi was standing behind her desk, and for the first time since I entered her office, I realised she was actually staring at me.

Her eyes were red, flooded and damped with tears…

Tears from the bad memory standing before her…

She was staring at me. Not angrily or in disgust like i feared.

She was sad but I could sense the comfort while she had her eyes on me.

I could sense the pleading in her silence.

6 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 9:38pm On Oct 24, 2017
I have been in a network deprived area for a while now. So, I'm sorry about not updating
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by genius43(m): 9:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
Tnx for the update, keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Olabantu(m): 10:16pm On Oct 24, 2017
fiyah:
I have been in a network deprived area for a while now. So, I'm sorry about not updating
ok thanks. ..hope to get more ryt

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by abubakarbabang7(m): 10:21pm On Oct 24, 2017
fiyah we are expecting more o plssss

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Slimeesha(f): 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2017
Thanks for the update Fiyah, this David guy though

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Chigold121(f): 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
Tanks for the update fiyah, welcome back

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control / Delayed Diagnosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.