Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Three Sides Of A Coin - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Sides Of A Coin (156815 Views)

Messiah's Poem: The Poverty Alleviation Coin (PAC) & Naira Marley Coin (NMC). / *sides Of Love* / sides Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by iiru: 7:38am On Nov 04, 2017
nice one fiyah

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bimberry1307(f): 11:05am On Nov 04, 2017
RolaDiva:

Don't cum here o...
Go and cum in ya bedroom tongue
hmmm! dis girl yaf spoil finish
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by olatex25(m): 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2017
where's fiyah na angry
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
fiyah tomorrow is my birthday.....pls use update and make my day pls
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by seun9303: 11:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
bellefidel:
lol... Happy birthday in advance.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by gameboy727(m): 8:17am On Nov 07, 2017
bellefidel:

Happy birthday to ya. If you had came out a few hours earlier we woulda been birthday mates(Nov. 6). Anyways, have fun.

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by pitlaterine(f): 10:13am On Nov 07, 2017
Are you a freelance writer? Do you want to earn money by writing articles?

Join www.ni-lance.com now and write yourself into fame.

P.S: www.ni-lance.com is a Nigerian freelance website.
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2017
gameboy727:

Happy birthday to ya. If you had came out a few hours earlier we woulda been birthday mates(Nov. 6). Anyways, have fun.
awwwwwww that would be nice....or ur mama could have delayed small

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 3:59pm On Nov 07, 2017
seun9303:
lol... Happy birthday in advance.
thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by gameboy727(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
bellefidel:
awwwwwww that would be nice....or ur mama could have delayed small

Lol. It goes both ways. Happy birthday once again.

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by olatex25(m): 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2017
bellefidel:
in a marvelous addy to u dear

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by RolaDiva(f): 7:10pm On Nov 07, 2017
bellefidel:

Happy buffday sweedie
Wullnp

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 8:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
RolaDiva:

Happy buffday sweedie Wullnp
thanks darling

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2017
olatex25:
in a marvelous addy to u dear
thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by olatex25(m): 10:17am On Nov 08, 2017
bellefidel:
thanks dear
u welcum.. happy blissful belated birthday dear, long life and prosperity. age with grace.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 10:39am On Nov 08, 2017
olatex25:

u welcum..
happy blissful belated birthday dear, long life and prosperity. age with grace.
thank u grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Nwabundo38(f): 10:59am On Nov 08, 2017
Abeg update o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Xteljay(f): 10:13am On Nov 09, 2017
Fiyah abeg cum update na abi u wan make i cum carry u 4 ur house ni

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by itsandi(m): 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
All we are saying, give us update! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by ftosino(m): 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2017
lovely work of literature, i really love your style of writing, its beautiful. whedhone mha.

I Don Join Una For Waiting Zone, Hajia Fiyah, Pls Comman update na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 6:40pm On Nov 11, 2017
*Peter*

For the umpteenth time, I lost the game I was playing on my phone. The football game had been the only thing that kept me company while leaning across the wall close to Ehi's office, waiting for her to end the conversation she was having behind closed doors with her ex fiancée. I don't need an emotional scanner to deduce the meaning of the expressions gracing the faces of the few staff members that saw me standing there like one of the statues erected in Imo state to know they all were curious.

It wasn't until one of the staff members curiously asked me what I was doing there that I decided to maybe check on those two.

I was going to head in when the door to her office slid open and Francis exited. I wasn't quick enough to read his face as he walked rather too fast completely oblivious of my presence or existence.

'Were you standing outside the whole time?' Ehi asked immediately I entered the office. She was on her feet and she had her jacket flung accross her left shoulder while closing the drawer attached to her desk.

I rubbed my palm across my tired face while I solidly placed myself behind the closed door.

'I figured you could use some help if at all anything decides to go wrong. Considering proximity and also not getting involved in your conversation, I observed that outside is the best place to be if I want to be of help.' I managed to not stammer my answer through after which I tucked my hands in my trouser's pocket, trying hard to hide the nervousness and tingling in my fingers.

Why was I feeling this way?

It wasn't like I was meeting her for the first time or anything.

'You shouldn't have bothered. I can handle it.'. She said, picking up a yellow, leather handbag on her desk. ' I handled it already.' She added glacing at me briefly before heading towards the huge window behind her desk.

'I guess you did. So, how did it go?' I asked as I walked to her desk. My palms were wet and I couldn't help wondering where the fluids keep coming from.

I wasn't even sweating!

'Well, it went the same way any conversation with someone you've considered marrying in the past would have gone.' She answered, turning her back at me to close the blind.

'Could you be more specific? I certainly don't know how a conversation with someone you've considered marrying would go.' With an arched eyebrow and fingers tapping on her desk, I asked.

'Okay,' Clasping her palm together as she turned to face me, she started. 'He came here to tell me he called the wedding off because an affair he had while we were together apparently turned into pregnancy. He got informed about the baby a day before the wedding and he thought it right to call it off. He thought I deserved better. Better than him. So, he came to apologise for having an affair, for not telling me about the affair and also for making a decision to leave on our supposed wedding day.' She paused for air while she maintained eye contact with me. 'He also said he is currently involved with his child's mother.' She added then stayed at the same spot for a few minute with a plastic smile etched on her lips.

Silence enveloped the atmosphere for a brief moment and she ended it with the clicking sound her shoes made as she walked back to her desk, sitting on it just right beside me.

'I'm sorry.' I don't know why or how I said that but I did say it and there was no retracting.

It wasn't even like I ever want to retract it.

'I don't understand why you are sorry.' Her forehead creased in surprise as she placed her palm beside her for support. 'You don't have to be sorry for me. I am fine and you really have to trust me when I say I have never felt any better. You wanna know why? The thing is, ever since the day I got dumped, I've always thought I was the reason why. I thought I was a mess that is unfixable and every guy I date just have to leave me as they can't deal with me. You should have imagined how happy I was when it turned out he left me at the alter because he felt guilty. I know it seems like I'm rambling and all… you may not understand how I feel right now but I feel good and I don't want you to be sorry for my predicament.' She completed her statement with a bright smile.

I listened to her with rapt attention and I suddenly became tongue tied for no specific reason at all.

I wanted to say something but a cowardice feeling held me back.

'I need to get home now.' I'm suddenly weak and tired.' She broke the silence once again as she lifted herself off the desk then proceed to the door while I followed closely.

'I'm sorry.' I said again just right before she opened the door. She turned and tried to say something but I stopped her by placing my finger on her lips.

'I am sorry for everything I did.' I paused to take a deep breath before proceeding. Bravely.

'I was wrong. I've always been. I know I'm all messed up and crazy but I should have known better than getting you involved in my personal problems. I've got issues. Huge ones. And I can't help the way they control my emotions which makes me a very despicable person. I was supposed to not let my problems define me but I did let them and I hate myself for that. I kept you waiting at the restaurant after which I eventually didn't show up and yet, the best thing I could do as the jerk that I was was yell at you and use your weakness against you. I kind of disgust myself right now and I don't think I will ever forgive me if you don't. I'm so sorry for every single way I've wronged you.' I lifted my hands off her inviting lips as I waited for her to say something.

'I don't… you are… I have…' She took a break to coordinate her speech. 'Peter, we don't….'I didn't let her finish that before reflexively pinning her body against the door, my chest pressed against the bulge and softness of hers.

My mouth lips wasted no time in finding hers whilst savoring the caramel sweetness on them. My tongue dug into the wetness of her mouth, enjoying every blissful moment. It took her a while to overcome the shock she had spread across her face and instead of punching or pushing me away like I've feared, she leaned in to the kiss, flipping and exchanging positions with me as she now had me pressed against the door, my head between her palms, reciprocating every move I make much more aggressively than I did.

'What just happened!' It wasn't actually a question as the statement literally protrayed. I bet she was trying to fathom how, why and when we started kissing. Ehi leaned away from me, taking slow strides backwards while holding her flushed face in her palm, embrassed.

'I didn't mean to assault you like that. It was a reflex, I couldn't help it. I apologize if that makes you feel uncomfortable.' I quickly said, hoping I didn't get her all wired up with the idea that I was taking advantage of her.

'No, it's fine.' She hurriedly dismissed the apology as she released her face from her palm. 'It wasn't an assualt in any way. I kind of kissed you back you know…' she added, avoiding eye contact.

My lips still tasted of caramel and I couldn't help licking it while rubbing my eyes lightly, trying to pretend the atmosphere around us didn't have this air of awkwardness filling it up.

'Do you mind going to see a movie with me like right now? Like a real date? Please, don't say no.' I was so fast saying that that I could barely hear myself. Saying that must have been so hard for me because I realised I closed my eyes while saying it.

'I don't….' She tried to say but I stopped her knowing her statement might not end so well for me.

'You don't have to say anything. Trust me, I won't bail on you like I did the last time. Just give me another chance and I won't screw it up. All you have to do is come with me and we'd be at the cinema in no time…' she didn't let me finish before interrupting.

'I am not saying I don't want to go. I am saying I don't want to go right now. Not like this anyway.' She pointed at her dress.

'But nothing is wrong with you or your dress.' I commented, confusion creeping up my face.

'Everything is wrong with my dress, Silly. You said it's like a real date. I want to freshen up and not look all stressed out plus have my dress changed.' She argued.

'Okay. I guess you would be ready by 8 then?' I asked and I watched her nod affirmatively. 'I'd be at your place 8:00 sharp!' I said with a will so strong, I was so sure nothing could screw it up.

Or so I thought…

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Olabantu(m): 6:42pm On Nov 11, 2017
Thanks sis for the update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2017
Happy Birthday Bellefidel. For your special day, I tried to find the right words to describe you and I could only think of one: amazing. To me, you're an amazing friend slash sister slash blood. Happy birthday in arrears.

I am so sorry this is coming late...

3 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2017
ftosino:
lovely work of literature, i really love your style of writing, its beautiful. whedhone mha.

I Don Join Una For Waiting Zone, Hajia Fiyah, Pls Comman update na.

Thanks so much sir. You are welcome on board
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2017
Hey guys.

I am terribly sorry about releasing this update so late. I want you to know it wasn't intentional and it was because I had stuff to attend to

3 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2017
Olabantu:
Thanks sis for the update
You are welcome bro
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by abubakarbabang7(m): 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
fiyah we are not angry just take your time we will wait as long as u will keep posting no matter the time

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2017
fiyah:
Happy Birthday Bellefidel. For your special day, I tried to find the right words to describe you and I could only think of one: amazing. To me, you're an amazing friend slash sister slash blood. Happy birthday in arrears.

I am so sorry this is coming late...
O.M.G am getting emotional nw...which is really rare......u sure do knw the right word to put in,.to make me feel special..... thank you so much .....

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2017
cheii......oya let's begin to pray.......any bad gang,any bad news both from Rhoda and David...in fact Rhoda we don't need u, any interruption that is going to interrupt ehi/Peter's date .... scatter , scatter, scatter.....it shall never come to past, we shall enjoy together the romantic date between Peter and ehi whether Satan like it or not....................

fiyah thank you so much for this masterpiece.

5 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by jupitre(m): 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2017
Been a while... What a wonderful update

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Xteljay(f): 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
Finally, madam fiyah don update o

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by seun9303: 2:26am On Nov 12, 2017
oya make una come ooo, she don update ooo.

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control / Delayed Diagnosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.