Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? (7252 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Renewing Nigerian E-passport In London / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? by justwise(m): 12:01pm On Mar 03, 2010
peruso:

you are very welcome to the WORLD called nigeria ,,,

what never sizes to amaze me the speed with which some of these same pple will rush to condemn politicians allege to be involved in any thing shady even if it may be political. (THEY DONT CARE).

MY BRODA WELLCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And things are getting worst by day, we keep praying to God for a change while we are actually the problem. Some pple are so shameless that they don't see anything wrong in coming here to discuss how to forge and delete finger print and both Nigerians and foreign readers are reading this. Its a shame to be honest.
Re: Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? by peruso: 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2010
justwise:

We live in Nigeria and we know what goes down in Nigeria. A very close friend of mine got another e-passport, how they do it, i don't know but in Nigeria, there is always a way around things,   IN NIGERIA ,  EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE well almost everything!! as long as you got money to blow!

Now this is sad, a website with 485248 members and some Nigerians are discusing how finger print can be deleted or messed about. This shows how silly some of u can be, he has one e-passport which is in the system somewhere with all his personal details in the chips AND he wants another one with completely different  detail but the finger print remain the SAME, what this means is that, there will be 2 passports out there with the SAME finger print but different personal details. Yes u can help him to delete it or whatever u think u can do but the fact still remain that he will be caught up when check is done on him electronically.

WHEN? AND AGAIN I ASK WHEN?
when do pple think the west and the rest of the world  will ever take us serious, when we ve a website with 485248 as members excluding those that browse by everyday(i know lots) and pple are giving info that depict fraud and even having the guts to defend it.
sony did one totally irresponsible  PSP advert we were angry at them, they produce anoder movie DISTRICT 9 of which the BAD  (exceptionally ugly) GUY had to bear nigerian former presidents name, we were still angry. now there's anoder one i just saw THE INFORMANT guess the part o f the movie they mentioned nigeria   (watch it ur self)

but yet, here are nijaerians on the INTERNET on a site that can be viewed from any where in the freely dishing out advice onhow to go about something that is FIRST MORALLY WRONG, fraudULENT AND ILLEGAL,

yes i agree wit money anything is posible in 9ja,,,, BUT PLEASE WAKE UP WIT MONEY ANY THING IS POSSIBLE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
HOPE U SAW WHAT HAPPENED IN NEW JERSEY RECENTLY AND WHAT IS  HAPPENING( AND STILL HAPPENING) IN THE UK PARLIAMENT, OR WHAT HAPPENED IN ENRON OR THE MADOFF CASE(these were nt nigerians) fraud can happen and is happening everywhere and anywhere .

the change we desire( for those that desire it only pls!!!!!!!) can only start with you and me

GOD CONTINUALLY BLESS NIGERIAN

Re: Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2010
If u guyz lyk, shout frm nw til "thy kingdom come," nigeria wil stil be nigeria where al tins r taken 4 granted. U and i knw that shouting here wil never solve anytin. If u want a change, u knw where to take d step 4rm & nt come here to spew trash. Come home & xperience d s.hit and u'll knw xactly what i mean.
*Hissed, n walked out*
Re: Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? by suxes2005(m): 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2010
Tamita:

If u guyz lyk, shout frm nw til "thy kingdom come," nigeria wil stil be nigeria where al tins r taken 4 granted. U and i knw that shouting here wil never solve anytin. If u want a change, u knw where to take d step 4rm & nt come here to spew trash. Come home & xperience d s.hit and u'll knw xactly what i mean.
*Hissed, n walked out*

===== coughing =====
Re: Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? by justwise(m): 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2010
Tamita:

*Hissed, n walked out*

And Tamita keeping quiet will not solve the prob either, maybe just maybe somebody will read or hear our trash and have a change of mind, u never know but another thing is Tamita, when chicken comes home to roast we will all suffer it, infact we are suffering it now both the quiet ones and the trashy talkers
Re: Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? by jameez: 12:16am On Mar 05, 2010
Tamita no blame o!, NA real fun i swear!

I concur with Justwise , but Yemiking is only trying to make us understand there's nothing impossible in our Nigeria as long as you are ready to dance,
Re: Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? by 360command: 1:03am On Mar 05, 2010
The idea of the e-passport is to avoid multi identification by a particular person.so having a new e-passport with details different from the initial is more like a fraud.if an error is made on the initial,it should be returned.and cancelled on computer before a new one is give.terms and condition applies when something like this happens.
Re: Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? by thejudge: 2:09pm On Jan 25, 2011
Hey guyz, the judge is here!! i really appreciate the understanding shown in Justwise' comments also would like to let him know that there are several genuine reasons why some people would want to change there P but i do not encourage any whoever to be in custody of two P' irrespective of the reasons. As you get a new one destroy the other lets take our country to greater Heights!!!! thnks guyzz
Re: Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? by jaydude(f): 6:56pm On May 21, 2012
Pls is der anyone that works wit NIS here? I hv sum issues wit my passport. Tnx
Re: Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? by sweetnekys: 2:11am On Nov 19, 2012
justwise:you re really a wise man , dont mind dem because dem be my papa tell me say i be nigerian , forget say 9ja done corrupt before dem born .

anyway i will soon be back 4 another E_passport and dont send to anyone who claims to be mr.perfect. if they want to fight Nigeria corruption , they should start from our government leaders.

and if possible send me your number so i can call you when am around.
Re: Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? by Wardi: 12:47am On Aug 16, 2014
I found this thread when I searched, because in 2007 or 2008 I applied for a passport, was asked for some extra money for it by an official in Lagos, then when they asked for more money when I went back to collect it because it had the wrong details on it I refused: it had the wrong name and wrong date of birth, so no passport was issued to me. I then reapplied for a passport last week only to find that there is another passport with different surname, different date of birth (3 years younger), with my biometrics, in issue from 2008.

Not sure how that passport would be useful to anyone, unless they have a means to reprogram the passport chip with new biometrics. However, it causes me a problem now I applied for a new passport, even though a passport issued in 2008 would have expired by now (I assume). When I applied in 2007 or 2008, I used the same name and date of birth that I am using now (I was only born once :-) ). Last week when I applied for a passport, the official wanted 100,000 Naira extra to issue me my passport (in addition to the official fee, bank fee etc I paid of just under 10,000 Naira). Accidental or deliberate errors they make on passports is clearly a very profitable business opportunity for officials! I am not sure whether their process at the time was just sloppy or they were trying to hang onto the bribed income they had with the old passports. Errors with spelling or a date seem common with their system based on other reports, but in my case the whole surname is totally different and the year of birth is 3 years younger than I am! Or perhaps the reason I am being asked for 100,000 Naira now is there is something on the computer that I refused to pay the 2nd extra unofficial fee they wanted?

My name and date of birth is attested by the national ID card confirmation papers, the birth registration certificate, the declaration of origin papers from my village, my driving license. But to get a new passport will cost me 110,000 Naira, all due to a corrupt official 6 or 7 years ago when the biometric passports were being introduced.

I do not want to pay anything to any official, other than the proper fees which I have already paid. Paying extra from my experience last time is probably no guarantee that I will actually get a correct passport.

The passport must have the right name on it, because I am not using it for travel: I need it to sit the exams - only a passport is recognised as ID in Lagos by the examination board.

Is there a proper and correct way to get this sort of problem sorted out?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Green Africa Airline Ticket Booking Is A Scam / No Plan To Convert Arik To National Carrier — FG / Top 10 Longest And Straightest Highways In The World(Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.