Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years (40259 Views)

Update: Reasons My Ex's Mother Rejected Me And Aborted Our Baby / My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts / Nigerian Man Set To Wed Fiancee After Their Wedding Was Delayed 7 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Olanrefront3355(m): 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

Passy.089, let me add to what he has typed.

I heard a story of a lady that wanted to married an OSU man. We all know the stigma those tagged OSU face. Her father flatly disapproved of the man.

After begging the man several times and he maintained his stand, the lady had a heart to heart talk with her father and said she wouldn't want to disobey and dishonour him as stated in the Bible by going ahead to marry her choice. She said she wouldn't marry the guy neither would she accept marriage proposal from any would be suitor.

The man too didn't consider any woman. They both prayed for God to change the father's stand.

When the father saw that she wasn't kidding, he called both of them and gave them the go ahead to marry.

So Passy.089, maybe you and your fiancé should tow that line. Have an intimate talk with mummy, tell her if she doesn't allow you marry her, you won't MARRY ANY OTHER WOMAN and make sure you stick to it.

When mummy sees you are dead serious, she will be the one to beg you to go ahead and marry your choice. At least you have someone and she's doing shakara, by the time she sees no one, she will beg you to marry the one you want.

Something similar happened to someone I know, the mom kept rejecting his choice till the guy lost interest in getting married. When this happened, mummy beg him to marry any woman he likes.

If you truly love this lady and want to be with her, you have to fight for her, with serious prayers too.

Sometimes, we need to be STRONG, FOCUSED AND DETERMINED to get what we want.

Thank you
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by ikp120(m): 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2017
Your is a typical petty woman. She's angry because the girl never came to visit or see her throughout the 9 years you guys have been dating. There's no such thing her spirit is saying, she is being petty.

Let me help you. Just tell your mum that the girl has always wanted to come visit her but you said "no".

If she is still against it, ignore her. Cmon back in the days, it's the father that has a say, not really your mother. Yeah, go figure that out!

I repeat, your mum has absolutely no say in this! You're no longer a kid for fvcking sake mehn! Grow some ball!
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Karleb(m): 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2017
HARDDON:

Women have six sence men don't.

As much as i wud advise you be ur own man n stew ur own soup, Neva take ur momma's foresight for granted!

This is no war times gee. This is wisdom time because d worst time to make a decision is war times.

Momma don't hate u, she wants d best for u. Yea, given, they reacts most times wen they come to d crude realization that some gurl is gono be hvin d bulk of your luv now that does not mean she wud be this blunt!

Op, take it from a gee that hates momma's awkward inputs into his life, but u can't take this for granted!
The woman is seeing things you n ur dad aint.

Apply wisdom, sweet up to her wen she least expect n try to pick her brains why she isnt down wit your choice.

YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE U TAKE UR NXT STEP

Thank you for this input!

That was exactly what came to my mind when I saw the thread.

You might be thinking you're in love now, she's invested and you can't let her go but you have to realize that parental consent and advice matters a whole lot in the life of children. Try listening to 'it is not easy' by lucky dube.

Don't disobey mama!
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Sike(m): 7:05pm On Sep 02, 2017
Eleyi gidi gan oh
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by jaychubi: 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
Passy089:
I've dated my fiancee from my year 1 in the university that's 9years now, she stood with me through thick and thin, never left me for ready made guys, she trusted and supported me and I promised myself no woman will make me happier than her so I proposed to marry her....

So I took her to see my parents for the first time, but I got the shock of my life when my mum rejected her at 1st sight for no particular reason her word was "my spirit just don't accept her" my dad was cool about my choice as long as I'm happy, I've been begging my mother to reconsider but she has made it clear she won't have anything to do with her or me if I go ahead and marry her.

I'm just confused,the last person I'll leave is my fiancee but my mum too is very special to me.
what should I do??

MOD please help forward this to FP

Did u say 9 years dating n u must have bleeped over a 1000 times

And all along none of ur parents ve seen her

I will personally give her otapiapia for u if u leave her rubbish
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2017
karrengold:
argue on what and with who precisely?self acclaimed minister,i think you need to start seeing things from the spiritual and not the physical alone... the guy's mother might be right or wrong in her perception, only prayers can unravel the deep secret things..

Child..if me comes to me, i'll collect the blessings and hand it to him on a paltter of gold..go rest jooor.. the forum is annoying..going on sabatical
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Prosperousman(m): 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2017
it only takes woman to know a woman, I believe you mum saw something in your fiancée that you and your dad couldn't see. or maybe your mum is testing you
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Nmanuanu(f): 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2017
quote author=Passy089 post=60045040]I've dated my fiancee from my year 1 in the university that's 9years now, she stood with me through thick and thin, never left me for ready made guys, she trusted and supported me and I promised myself no woman will make me happier than her so I proposed to marry her....

So I took her to see my parents for the first time, but I got the shock of my life when my mum rejected her at 1st sight for no particular reason her word was "my spirit just don't accept her" my dad was cool about my choice as long as I'm happy, I've been begging my mother to reconsider but she has made it clear she won't have anything to do with her or me if I go ahead and marry her.

I'm just confused,the last person I'll leave is my fiancee but my mum too is very special to me.
what should I do??

MOD please help forward this to FP[/quote]

You dated a woman for 9yrs and you took her home for the first time ever? You are a very wicked person... Didn't she ever ask to go to your house even once? I have another question... did you ever go to her own house? How is it that you will know someone for NINE YEARS and never invite her to your house even once Was she at least speaking to your sisters or brothers or even the parents "my spirit just don't accept her" that is a reason na and you said she didn't give you a reason... that is a good enough reason for even shocking the poor woman... you bring a woman to her for the first time and tell her this is who I want to marry? My brother, think this thing na, you sef no try abeg

1 Like

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by khiaa(f): 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2017
truthsayer009:

I think the story is false. I mean, in this day and age. A girl would date you for 9 years without asking to see your parents.

Habba! 9 years na beans? If na play make dem stop am abeg !

Ok I thought about that too but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. smiley
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by khiaa(f): 10:21pm On Sep 02, 2017
Karleb:

You might be thinking you're in love now, she's invested and you can't let her go but you have to realize that parental consent and advice matters a whole lot in the life of children. Try listening to 'it is not easy' by lucky dube.

Don't disobey mama!

Seriously? Don't disobey mom! When does a boy become a man and make his own decisions? What about leaving mom and dad and cleaving to your wife?

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by TheeDetective: 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2017
NL these days have become the den of fake and fictions stories . People just come up and make up stories and expect us to believe them angry. Anyone who believes this story can believe anything they are told. How can a man date a woman for 9 years and he never saw it fit to take her to meet his family members undecided? As if that is not bad enough, his fiancee dates him for 9 solid years and she never thought it important to know his family members and someone wants us to believe that this is true undecided? Abeg OP, tell us another story jare.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by afroxyz: 10:41pm On Sep 02, 2017
Funkybabee:
Wonder why some girls are so dull all to the existence to date a man for 9 years and don't even know his parents especially mother because they are the only problem woman have in marriage

This is really stupid......

My advice for you is that think and pray very well, because if you don't hear your mother word and it backfire you later in future she will be head responsible and I don't wish her to face trouble after all her 9 years suffer !!!! Marriage a school you will never graduate

Do as one guy said before give yourself a space I mean you should tell her to give a space so that you will know reason why ur mum don't support it

Yoruba's say 'iriri lagba' maybe she saw something you couldn't see

Just keep praying....

Abeg make we hear word. Backfire indeed. What about the unions approved by parents and it did not work out?
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Alezy(m): 10:51pm On Sep 02, 2017
khiaa:

Stop being ridiculous, he's known her for nine years and mommy just laid her eyes on her. Mommy knows nothing about this woman and mommy should be happy that a woman cares so much about her son that she was willing to stick with him through thick and thin for nine years without being his wife
hnmmmm
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2017
Passy089:

Not really...we re catholics

LOL didn't think catholics were these picky when it comes to spirituality like this, thought you guys were like pseudo-pagans. eyah you've wasted a poor girls 9 years next time speed up the process, 9 years is a lot.
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Gentkode(m): 10:56pm On Sep 02, 2017
OP u know ur mom and gf better than all of us here. u need to first determine the reason ur mom didn't approve of ur girl. could it be tribal, caste, religious, moral, spiritual or perhaps they even knew before you introduced them(no one truly knows, maybe even you).
Behind every successful man is a woman(his wife). if you've been with this girl 9 years, probability is that you guys will have a happy and blessed marriage. Marriage is an institution and its for the rest of your life.
My decisions and choices are respected in my family and i'm also stubborn, but i won't just get married to my girl without my mom's approval. Plus my mom already knows my girl, but once it gets to marriage, i know she'll turn detective then. so get to the bottom of the issue immediately. your mom is still a woman, after some small small petting and begging, she must change her mind or at least make a shift. But leaving the girl because your mom doesn't approve, is a no no.
There's nothing worse than getting married to the wrong woman. Peace bro

1 Like

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by khiaa(f): 10:57pm On Sep 02, 2017
[quote author=Alezy post=60077737] hnmmmm[/quote

Where have you been and why haven't you contacted me? I'm very upset with you right now. sad]
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Alezy(m): 12:31am On Sep 03, 2017
[quote author=khiaa post=60077880][/quote] Am so sorry dear, told u i lost my phone again, gotten a new one now though. No need to be pissed, am here now.

How have you been?
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Empressabbie(f): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
Evaberry:

Dear op

let me be honest with you, I really won't advise you to marry someone your mum doesn't approve of because most parents are usually right about spouses. what about your siblings do they like the, do they agree? if your siblings like her and your mum doesn't like her, your siblings can help turn your mum around but if your sibling and mom doesn't like or are indifferent towards her then it's big problem.

do you want to have MIL clashes, do you want your wife to be depressed when your family don't put a single interest in your marriage

You don't even think of the lady, after 9 years? Where is she going to start from? Why don't u put urself in her shoe? after investing in a relationship for 9 years? after everything they've gone through together? That's so damn selfish. His mother can not chose for him
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Empressabbie(f): 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
Karleb:

Don't disobey mama!
You don't know how far women can go because of jealousy. His mother is just jealous, if she sees something then she should come out and say it. Good women are hard to find these days

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Empressabbie(f): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2017
Prosperousman:
it only takes woman to know a woman, I believe you mum saw something in your fiancée that you and your dad couldn't see. or maybe your mum is testing you
Women don't know women, she doesn't even know herself. If he should ask her 'who else do u want me to marry'? She won't have an answer to it. Some mothers always judge a book by it's cover, she may not like the way the lady dresses, speaks or even the way she looks
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Karleb(m): 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2017
Empressabbie:
You don't know how far women can go because of jealousy. His mother is just jealous, if she sees something then she should come out and say it. Good women are hard to find these days

Her mother jealous?! shocked shocked shocked

Don't worry ma'am, you're going to get old, have children especially boys and by the time you're in your late 40's or 50's you would have developed up to the 13th sense to detect anything fake at first glance.
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by sircrabo: 6:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
This is very dicey. Africans and our mentality of " my mom/dad knows best " , " let's go and see a pastor ". Hre in Africa, opinions aren't counted unlss approved by paarents or pastors. This is a job for a marriage counsellor, not all pastors are qualified counsellors. Moms think they know what's best for their sons but its not true anymore. A 22yrs old male is old enough to take certain decisions. If I were the OP, I won't discard my moms opinion just like that. I will ask myslf some deep questions lik : " do I really love this girl ? ", are we compatible ? Is she goin my way in life ? Am I ok with her weakness ? Is she proud of me ? If I am am convinced that she'll make a good wife, then I will hve to put momsy aside. Sad as it sounds, its a road you both will hve to ply. After the wedding ceremony, dad, mom, pastors will leave. And the reality of the decision you took ( good or bad )will set in. On the other hand, if you aren't sure of the girl or you just met, don't rush in so you don't regret and have ur mom laugh at you. Don't get carried away by beauty, boobs, big waist, pussy,.... All ladies have them. At this point you shld stretch th relationship a lil further so you can confirm.

Let your happiness come first to avoid stories that touch
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Femistico(m): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
you dated her for nine years and you have not for one day taken her to your house? then it means you dont love her
Imagine!!! Maybe that's the reason ur mum doesn't want her..she stays with a man for 9 good years without her requesting for once to come meet you and ur famz in ur house, and now it's ripe to get engaged she's just coming with her two legs, ogbeni go siddon for one place.
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by khiaa(f): 11:45pm On Sep 03, 2017
Alezy:
Am so sorry dear, told u i lost my phone again, gotten a new one now though. No need to be pissed, am here now.

How have you been?

Ok, I feel better now that you are here. You see, all it takes is a few words from you to calm my spirit. smiley I have been pretty good and you?
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by khiaa(f): 11:59pm On Sep 03, 2017
Karleb:

Her mother jealous?! shocked shocked shocked

Don't worry ma'am, you're going to get old, have children especially boys and by the time you're in your late 40's or 50's you would have developed up to the 13th sense to detect anything fake at first glance.

The sooner some people realize that our parents are humans created by the same God as we all are the sooner people will stop worshipping their parents as all knowing.
There is only one GOD and our parents do not fall under that category. Our parents married who they chose (hopefully) so our parents should have enough confidence that they raised us with enough knowledge and wisdom to choose a partner for OURSELVES not to please our parents.
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by khiaa(f): 12:23am On Sep 04, 2017
HARDDON:

Women have six sence men don't.

As much as i wud advise you be ur own man n stew ur own soup, Neva take ur momma's foresight for granted!

This is no war times gee. This is wisdom time because d worst time to make a decision is war times.

Momma don't hate u, she wants d best for u. Yea, given, they reacts most times wen they come to d crude realization that some gurl is gono be hvin d bulk of your luv now that does not mean she wud be this blunt!

Op, take it from a gee that hates momma's awkward inputs into his life, but u can't take this for granted!
The woman is seeing things you n ur dad aint.

Apply wisdom, sweet up to her wen she least expect n try to pick her brains why she isnt down wit your choice.

YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE U TAKE UR NXT STEP

His mother isn't seeing anything that's why she can't give him an answer this is mommy's way of controlling the situation.
Mommy needs to go sit down somewhere and let her son be happy.
Our parents can't live our lives for us neither can they save us from the world, remember mommy was daddy's girlfriend once upon a time and was in this girl's shoes.
Now I said all of that to say *long time no see* how have you been?
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Alezy(m): 8:02am On Sep 04, 2017
khiaa:

Ok, I feel better now that you are here. You see, all it takes is a few words from you to calm my spirit. smiley I have been pretty good and you?
nice to hear u re fine, Am great too.

Was a wonderful Sunday. I saw an hilarious comment about you and me on another post. Is that true?
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Irenemmeso(f): 10:43am On Sep 04, 2017
Dating for 9 years,Is it really possible?. I though t it was all joke
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Kobicove(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
Is she from a different tribe or religion?
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by shege45: 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
Stevengerd:
E get as e be ooo.. am sure u mom saw something. just tok to her bro!
saw wetin? if she saw y she no talk?
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by khiaa(f): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
Alezy:
nice to hear u re fine, Am great too.

Was a wonderful Sunday. I saw an hilarious comment about you and me on another post. Is that true?

Which comment was that, was it the one by luminouz?
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by luminouz(m): 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2017
khiaa:

Which comment was that, was it the one by luminouz?
Someborri call d luminouz gangsta tongue cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Just Married 50 Years Ago: Cute Pictures Of My Parents' Wedding Anniversary. / Update On Woman Who Slapped Her Husband At LUTH / checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.