Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date (734 Views)

Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him / Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding / 60-year-old Man Sues Girlfriend For Refusing To Marry Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by ajokebelle(f): 11:39am On Sep 04, 2017
Brandon Vezmar, 37, of Austin Texas,sued Cystal Cruz, 35, saying she was "a threat to civilised society".

He sued her for $17.31 - the price of a cinema ticket he got for her to watch 'Guardian of the Galaxy' Vol 2.
“It was kind of a first date from hell,” he said, saying she started about 15 minutes after the movie began.

Cruz also drove away in her car, in which she had driven them both, leaving him without a ride home,when he suggested she step outside to use her phone.
A few days later, he messaged her asking for the price of a ticket but she refused because "he took me out on a date", she said.
“This is crazy,” she told the newspaper. “I’m not a bad woman. I just went out on a date.”

The case even attracted the attention of the film's director, James Gunn, who tweeted: "Why stop at suing? She deserves jail time!"
Mr Vezmar filed the petition in the small claims court in Travis County.
The texting was a “direct violation” of the cinema's policy and the woman “adversely” affected Mr Vezmar’s viewing experience and that of other patrons, the petition states.
“While damages sought are modest, the principle is important as defendant’s behaviour is a threat to civilised society,” it says.
The pair were reunited at the cinema on Thursday in an attempt to sort out the dispute.
“The date just didn't work out," she told him during the reunion, according to Inside Edition, which arranged the meeting.
She also apologised and handed him money, asking him to "just leave this alone."
Mr Vezmar accepted the apology and said he would withdraw the lawsuit. He also said he would donate the money to charity.

source:http://topnaija.ng/lady-sued-chatting-date/

1 Like

Re: Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by heffem(m): 11:43am On Sep 04, 2017
I swear una no get work....

2 Likes

Re: Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by fk001(m): 11:58am On Sep 04, 2017
Na by force to date
Re: Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by fk001(m): 11:59am On Sep 04, 2017
Na by force to date.
Re: Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by elderhimself(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
I'd sue her for damages if it were me

1 Like

Re: Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by massive1019(m): 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
ajokebelle:
Brandon Vezmar, 37, of Austin Texas,sued Cystal Cruz, 35, saying she was "a threat to civilised society".

He sued her for $17.31 - the price of a cinema ticket he got for her to watch 'Guardian of the Galaxy' Vol 2.
“It was kind of a first date from hell,” he said, saying she started about 15 minutes after the movie began.

Cruz also drove away in her car, in which she had driven them both, leaving him without a ride home,when he suggested she step outside to use her phone.
A few days later, he messaged her asking for the price of a ticket but she refused because "he took me out on a date", she said.
“This is crazy,” she told the newspaper. “I’m not a bad woman. I just went out on a date.”

The case even attracted the attention of the film's director, James Gunn, who tweeted: "Why stop at suing? She deserves jail time!"
Mr Vezmar filed the petition in the small claims court in Travis County.
The texting was a “direct violation” of the cinema's policy and the woman “adversely” affected Mr Vezmar’s viewing experience and that of other patrons, the petition states.
“While damages sought are modest, the principle is important as defendant’s behaviour is a threat to civilised society,” it says.
The pair were reunited at the cinema on Thursday in an attempt to sort out the dispute.
“The date just didn't work out," she told him during the reunion, according to Inside Edition, which arranged the meeting.
She also apologised and handed him money, asking him to "just leave this alone."
Mr Vezmar accepted the apology and said he would withdraw the lawsuit. He also said he would donate the money to charity.

source:http://topnaija.ng/lady-sued-chatting-date/
oyinbo and their mumu ways of life. this op sef nah one of them.

Re: Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by vchykp(m): 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
Iranu
Re: Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by JaffyJoe(m): 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2017
Lol can be so annoying when the other person, in the course of a date is a bit uninterested/distracted. But sue biti bawo, that's pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by ajokebelle(f): 2:02pm On Sep 04, 2017
massive1019:
oyinbo and their mumu ways of life. this op sef nah one of them.
What is it?

Re: Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2017
ajokebelle:

What is it?
That pix (meme) look like you grin
Re: Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by McBrooklyn(m): 3:19pm On Sep 13, 2017

Re: Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by ajokebelle(f): 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2017
eni4real:
That pix (meme) look like you grin

Lol.
It's been a while.
Re: Man Sues Lady For Chatting,texting During A Date by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 21, 2017
ajokebelle:

Lol.
It's been a while.
grin grin grin grin. Quite an age!

(1) (Reply)

Best Father Ever: Nigeria Man Seen Backing His Baby / Romantic Story: Unholy Pleasures (the Series) / A Friend Has Refused To Go To His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.