Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him (57815 Views)

Reply From The Guy Whose Claim To Jilt A Girl On His Wedding Day!! / Ugandan Married Woman Gets Stuck To Her Lover During Sex (Pictures) / Older Nigerian Woman Gets Married To Her Childhood Sweetheart In US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
Sally shared a screenshot of the message exchange between her and a guy she fancied - but it didn't end well

Messaging somebody you fancy is exciting, but it can always be a bit nerve-racking as you wait patiently and hope they reply.

Regardless of how funny your banter or how good your hair looked on that date, sometimes it just isn't meant to be and you can end up getting ghosted.

One woman was left completely shocked when she received a reply to the text she sent her crush - eight years and seven months later.

Sally, from Australia, shared a screenshot of their conversation - which started with a message from the anonymous guy on July 17, 2011.

He said: "Hey gorgeous, how are ya?" with a winking emoji, reports news.com.au.

Sally played it cool and waited a few days before replying, sending her message on July 20.

She said: "Hay [his name] I'm good thanks. What you been up to?" with a smiley face."

But that was where the conversation ended - until recently.

The man sent his reply a few days ago, claiming he only just got her message as he had an update on his phone.

Hmmm...

Sally's post has been widely shared on social media, with people taking to the comments section to question the man's excuse.

While many joked that he had really committed to playing hard to get, others accused him of ghosting.

One wrote: “He is a man of focus and sheer commitment.”

Others had different issues with the post, with one commenting: “Even after updating, the autocorrect function is still not working for him.”

Sally is the latest in a line of people to share their dating horror stories online, but her experience wasn't anywhere near as bad as what Kimberley Latham-Hawkesford.

The 24-year-old was sent a list of the ways she could "improve herself" after a horrible Tinder date.

She realised he probably wasn't 'The One' when he started asking if she would consider plastic surgery and kicked off when she offered to pay, showing her his bank balance to show how much money he had.

They said their goodbyes and she didn't think much more of it, until she received an unbelievable message out of the blue three months later.

The man says he wanted to explain why he didn't message her after the date, revealing he believed she "could have made the date much better".

He then listed a number of things she should change about herself, including numerous things about her appearance and her personality.
Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/woman-gets-reply-crush-eight-21566320

1 Share

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by chatinent: 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2020
So what solid evidence do you have that they haven't been conversing away from Messenger?

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by decatalyst(m): 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
Lying like and almost pass our very own Lie Machine? grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by chical: 10:30pm On Feb 24, 2020
The Bros just noticed how beautiful she has become

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by IeatPussy: 10:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
The reply was 3 days after not 8 years.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
IeatPussy:
The reply was 3 days after not 8 years.
The last response was this morning, previous message was 2011

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by sparog(m): 7:02am On Feb 25, 2020
grin
Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by crackkhaus: 7:10am On Feb 25, 2020
Well she took 3days to respond to his first message, it's only fair she got her own response 8years later.

305 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by babyfaceafrica: 7:27am On Feb 25, 2020
How is that our problem?

5 Likes

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by Techdra: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2020
So she kept this conversation for the past 8 years rather than just delete it since it was dormant? I think she was actually expecting a response...
Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by Techdra: 11:01am On Feb 25, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
How is that our problem?

Since you have one, what is your problem?

3 Likes

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by BlackfireX: 11:13am On Feb 25, 2020
Girl: I took three days to reply his hi.

Boy: I took 8 years to reply her the 'hi'

Some people are just born savage

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:23am On Feb 25, 2020
Funny World of Social Media.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by lonelydora: 11:23am On Feb 25, 2020
What exactly are we to do with this?

6 Likes

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by LosC: 11:23am On Feb 25, 2020
When will Nigerian Men adopt this system

6 Likes

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by money121(m): 11:24am On Feb 25, 2020
Ok
Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by OBTMOS(m): 11:24am On Feb 25, 2020
Not in Nigeria
Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by OnpointDesign(m): 11:25am On Feb 25, 2020
grin

Na only girls been dey do am before.

Good to see a dude try it.

5 Likes

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by Caseless: 11:25am On Feb 25, 2020
grin

Like Kanu Nwankwo, be determeeeeeeen to nefa gif up. Your time will come.
Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by ArmaniUhuru: 11:25am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
post=86940690:
Moral of the story : NEVER GIVE UP!
[/s]

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by salbis(m): 11:25am On Feb 25, 2020
No time to lazy around. Kudos to this alpha male.

1 Like

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by AkuluAmu: 11:25am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
post=86940690:
Moral of the story : NEVER GIVE UP!
[/s]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by Adam00(m): 11:25am On Feb 25, 2020
Hmm
Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by Elxandre(m): 11:25am On Feb 25, 2020
Why is this our concern?
Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by Princesaha: 11:25am On Feb 25, 2020
Lie Mohammed everywhere.
Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by themonk(m): 11:26am On Feb 25, 2020
Someone probably hacked the Facebook account and replied.
Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by SouthNigerian: 11:26am On Feb 25, 2020
Gosh! I'm just like that dude. I got more than a hundred inbox messages on messenger which I failed to reply,

So many conversations I started with the opposite sex, the next minute I ask myself why I started the convo at first and hey I'm out with no reply.

2 Likes

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by wishgit: 11:26am On Feb 25, 2020
Good, but that's whole lot of time.
check my signature for quality foreign wears

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him by ursullalinda(f): 11:26am On Feb 25, 2020
Big achievement for her.....hahaha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies / Unilag Student Gets Bouquet Of Dollars From Her Crush (video) / Proposal Goes Wrong As Side Chick Appears And Ruins Beautiful Marriage Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.