Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,679 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown (21834 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Captain Who Exposed Ekiti Electoral Fraud Returns To Nigeria / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by MrCartha: 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2010
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
To me,yaradua doesnt know what he is doing at all.He is a dead man alive.It is turai that is in charge.I dont want to blame good luck for being slow asper the impeachment.
The same thing happened when i was in Bayelsa whn alams came back.
But these pple may force or frustrate Joe boy to resign.
Turai brought him back cos of the oil deal coming up in March
Am scared now of what will happen ds coming week.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Solozzo(m): 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
He is kind of trying to use the loophole in the terms of Jonathan's acting presidency to displace him off - the terms simly said if he returns to the country in what ever state Jonathan 's presidency ceases. However the FEC could react by making him undergo a medical check and report if they can smartly declare him unfit to rule.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by edoyad(m): 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
Yaradua is either dead or is comatose. Either way he cannot govern so these monkeys should keep putting up every smoke screen they know but we will see which miracle they'll use to heal him.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Princek12(m): 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2010
Could it be a coincidence that for most of Nigeria's history, She has been ruled by Northerners, all of whom have destroyed Nigeria's economy and created an environment in which corruption thrives? No. As a result, I am sick and tired of Northern presidents. It is time Nigeria splits so that these Northerners can corrupt their region, practice Sharia law, and create for themselves an economy in which transparency in government is not practiced, and where people are ready to fight a Jihad with the hopes that they will be rewarded with seventy two virgins upon their death.

Northerners will continue to destroy Nigeria. You guys should phucking go, for real. Arrrrrhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by emma2002(m): 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
HEY GUYS! BEEN OUTTA HERE FOR A WHILE, PLEASE WHAT SEASON ARE WE IN NOW, LOOKS LIKE TWILL SOON END, GREY ANATOMY EVENTUALLY ENDED, PRISON BREAK DID, HOW ABOUT THIS NIGERIAN VERSION OF SNAKE IN THE MONKEY SHADOW, ?[size=8pt][/size][color=#000099]
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Feb 24, 2010
Princek12:

Could it be a coincidence that for most of Nigeria's history, She has been ruled by Northerners, all of whom have destroyed Nigeria's economy and created an environment in which corruption thrives? No. As a result, I am sick and tired of Northern presidents. It is time Nigeria splits so that these Northerners can corrupt their region, practice Sharia law, and create for themselves an economy in which transparency in government is not practiced, and where people are ready to fight a Jihad with the hopes that they will be rewarded with seventy two virgins upon their death.

Northerners will continue to destroy Nigeria. You guys should phucking go, for real. Arrrrrhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

And OBJ is from the North too?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Feb 24, 2010
emma2002:

HEY GUYS! BEEN OUTTA HERE FOR A WHILE, PLEASE WHAT SEASON ARE WE IN NOW, LOOKS LIKE TWILL SOON END, GREY ANATOMY EVENTUALLY ENDED, PRISON BREAK DID, HOW ABOUT THIS NIGERIAN VERSION OF SNAKE IN THE MONKEY SHADOW, ?[size=8pt][/size][color=#000099]

I am sure nothing lasts forever.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Danmasani(m): 5:57pm On Feb 24, 2010
MsTom:

@Danmasani,

The underlining problem is a North-South issue. The northerners want Yaradua to continue as president whether fit or not cos he is from the north. Would their reaction be different is the VP had been from the north? YES. The southerners want Jonathan to be President cos he is from the south. Only few support cos of the constitution or for the stability of the country. How many northerners did you see or hear who joined the protest against Yaradua?

I agree we need to take a stand but, are we ready for a revolution? Are we ready for the aftermath of our stand?Do we know who the enemies are? Cos in politics of today, people are easily bought over becos of greed. Talk is cheap. Action is very costly

MsTom

I really get riled up when things are blown up and taken out of proportion. We Nigerians need to become rational in our judgement. You say Northerners are hook, line and sinker in seeing Yar'adua return, even though he is incapacitated at the moment. I now ask, what North are you referring to? The North that has molded and represented distinguished people such as Ahmadu Bello,Murtala Muhammed, Aminu Kano,Shehu Sani, Helon Habila, Nuhu Ribadu, M.I, Ladi Kwali among others or the one that churned despots and miscreants such as Abacha, Babangida, Buhari, Turai, Abdulahi Adamu, Joshua Dariye ad nauseum. My point is that you cannot paint Northern Nigeria with a single brush. It is not monolithic, extremely diverse in culture, religion and attitudes from the Benue to Sokoto and will never stand by an sick man ruling Nigeria.

Secondly, Mstom and Fhemmmy attest that talk is cheap. I agree. But they failed to understand that what i mean by Nigerians taking a stand is through constant protest and civil disobedience at home and abroad  to put pressure on the cabal that strangles Nigeria. I have participated in such numerous times- what have you done? It is simply time to amp it up. I agree that alot of Nigerians care about themselves, but for how long will that continue. How far can we be pushed and beaten like donkeys? Mandela, Gandhi and Martin Luther King are clear examples that progress can be achieved  in a civil way.

We can keep suffering while business as usual continue or we can choose to stand up and say no more!
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by vigasimple(m): 5:58pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

A statement was release on his behalf, that Jonathan will hold the mantle while he feels better, how long that would be, we all dont know and we all just have to watch

According to the law passed by NASS, YAR A'LIAR MUST WRITE TO NASS to resume, he has not done so. He is not the President and CIC until then, now, will NASS asked for medical report to acept the letter of a liar and dishonest man who left the country in jeopardy and cannot write for medical leave according to the constitution.

A law breaker President who will now want ordinary citizen to obey the law. DUE PROCESS, RULE OF LAW? That is why international community ridicules Nigerians because those leading us are super liars.

Unless YAR A'CLUELESS is impeached I am certain in mind that NIGERIA as a country has come to an end.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 5:59pm On Feb 24, 2010
vigasimple:

According to the law passed by NASS, YAR A'LIAR MUST WRITE TO NASS to resume, he has not done so. He is not the President and CIC until then, now, will NASS asked for medical report to acept the letter of a liar and dishonest man who left the country in jeopardy and cannot write for medical leave according to the constitution.

A law breaker President who will now want ordinary citizen to obey the law. DUE PROCESS, RULE OF LAW? That is why international community ridicules Nigerians because those leading us are super liars.

Unless YAR A'CLUELESS is impeached I am certain in mind that NIGERIA as a country has come to an end.

He is yet to say, he wanna take over, he is just back to let Jonathan be scared and i think Jonathan will play into his hands
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by MsTom(f): 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Lol

Fela was so right. In the face, of all these, we laugh

Jaylone:

cry cry cry Nigeria sorry for you

A country consist of individuals.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Solozzo(m): 6:03pm On Feb 24, 2010
The terms of Jonathan's acting presidency were flawed No thanks to the senate who assumed that Yar'adua can only come back from SA in a healthy state. Now he has to explain his whereabouts to Nigeria and obtain a certificate of fitness to rule Nigeria. The current FEC should move fast and declare him unfit but I think Jonathan may lack the guts to challenge his boss. We would be back to the same cycle of a sick president in power and nothing going on except corruption and looting of the treasury. Somebody got to stop this from happening I hope the Senate would be up to their tasks.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 6:04pm On Feb 24, 2010
MsTom:

Fela was so right. In the face, of all these, we laugh

A country consist of individuals.

I agree with you, fela said it all, but we all thot he was a mad man then.
Solozzo:

The terms of Jonathan's acting presidency were flawed No thanks to the senate who assumed that Yar'adua can only come back from SA in a healthy state. Now he has to explain his whereabouts to Nigeria and obtain a certificate of fitness to rule Nigeria. The current FEC should move fast and declare him unfit but I think Jonathan may lack the guts to challenge his boss. We would be back to the same cycle of a sick president in power and nothing going on except corruption and looting of the treasury. Somebody got to stop this from happening I hope the Senate would be up to their tasks.

And i am sure, he will get it, if he need one, he is charge of the money.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Phemytrend: 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2010
emma2002:

We are now in Season 2, the first season their was too much anxiety but now we getting to the root of the matter. it might have season 3 but let us watch and see
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2010
Phemytrend:

We are now in Season 2, the first season their was too much anxiety but now we getting to the root of the matter. it might have season 3 but let us watch and see  

A thrilling suspense of a movie, i will say
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by doyin13(m): 6:09pm On Feb 24, 2010
The National Assembly is the one that needs to stand up now.

The Yaradua's are attempting to rubbish their resolution that
made Jonathan acting president without acknowledging the
requirements they stated for him to regain his post.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by collinx(m): 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2010
Whether dead or alife, more patience my people!
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by edoyad(m): 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2010
@danmasani never in your life mistake the generalisation of the north to mean that hausa people are one with other tribes in the middle belt. I noticed you mentioned Dariye among your "NORTHERN" despots knowing fully well the specific bane being referred to here is the HAUSA man. Dariye's people are already cleansing their land of the hausa malaise so never try categorize people of other ethnicities with Hausas whether out of ignorance or otherwise
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by mykali(m): 6:29pm On Feb 24, 2010
@topic

waiting to see him on live t.v.
if he still has any flesh on those bones.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2010
mykali:

@topic

waiting to see him on live t.v.
if he still has any flesh on those bones.

Dont be too sure that you will see him live on TV. . . .for him to be smuggled into the nation, then, there is more to what we have been told.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by safeact(m): 6:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
I wonder why we should not say enough is enough! What kind of cowardise is dis? If dis is happening in USA , what do u think that d masses will do? Will they fold their hands and leave for particular person(s) to solve dis? We all know that d man is not fit even if he comes 2morow walking and jogging, he is not suppose to be allowed to b d president again and yet we still keep mute hoping for wonders to happen thereby prolonging our days of dependency on him and his cabals! We all have a share of dis blame in our respective ways. Ignorantium legem non argumentus est.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by presido1: 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2010
Did they quarantine him b4 allowing him inside the country. For our own health as we all can not die together.

I believe he came home to die as our medical facility can never cope with all those sickness attributed to him.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by marcdunu: 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2010
You just have to look at the kind of provocations Jonathan is faced with today to understand what Ojukwu faced so many years ago.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Gekko(m): 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2010
presido1:

Did they quarantine him b4 allowing him inside the country. For our own health as we all can not die together.

I believe he came home to die as our medical facility can never cope with all those sickness attributed to him.

LWKMD. pls take it easy on my stomach, u wan kill pesin.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by DRCROSS: 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2010
part one,we are waiting for part two grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by PStacks(m): 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2010
if nobody knows when he left. i think evrybody should atleast know the truth as to whether or not hes truely back.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by maximized(m): 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2010
Let him address nigerians first before i can say anything.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by tolly4real(f): 7:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
Whoa!dis is another thriller coming from the House. Lets see how things goes
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by largie(f): 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
I am almost asking God why am i a Nigerian becos this is disheartening.This is one of those periods i am not proud to be a Nigerian
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Titto(f): 7:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
What kind of power play is this, It should not be allowed in any civilized society.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 7:46pm On Feb 24, 2010
Titto:

What kind of power play is this, It should not be allowed in any civilized society.

I guess that means, we are not civilized enough to reject it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi / Aisha Buhari Distributes Supplements To Pregnant, Nursing Mums / Tighter Security For Magu After Gun Attack On EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.