Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,215 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown (21808 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Captain Who Exposed Ekiti Electoral Fraud Returns To Nigeria / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by aahmed112: 11:37pm On Feb 23, 2010
The story is just developing in Abuja and very reliable sources have confirmed Yar'adua is currently airborne to Abuja and arrives at 2am.Story is up on saharareporters, but site is down due to maintenance.

New dynamics, my thought - he should tender his resignation asap  undecided
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by oderemo(m): 11:40pm On Feb 23, 2010
Yar'adua is currently airborne

airborne to his grave. ahhahahahahahahah grin grin grin
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 23, 2010
He is very much welcomed back home

Now this is what you call a President playing 'Hide and Seek' or 'Hanky Panky' with the people.

Is this not a direct result of the fact that the Saudis may have decided that Turai should take her husband home in order not to be caught in a diplomatic impasse by being accused of kidnapping our President.

Who says official diplomatic lines was never the answer to the Jeddah imbroglio, lets see if the President will be hidden in a hole. Nigerians should fill the streets untill he comes out to prove his fitness, resigns, declared incapacitated or is impeached by the NASS.

I think if this news is true, then its the best in the last 90days. The confusion will now come to a head.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by jesuseun1(m): 11:55pm On Feb 23, 2010
IT COULD BE true ,one of our reporter just went to d airport with his camera.he told me ,but i said i did not believe it.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by OgidiBoy(m): 11:58pm On Feb 23, 2010
jesu seun:

IT COULD BE true ,one of our reporter just went to d airport with his camera.he told me ,but i said i did not believe it.

Do you work for a TV station ?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by jesuseun1(m): 11:59pm On Feb 23, 2010
yes
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by CyberG: 12:01am On Feb 24, 2010
DEADYBODI flying from Saudi to Naija. . .let's see how this plays out. . .HAHAHA.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by xterra2(m): 12:09am On Feb 24, 2010
[del]developing story[/del] developing LIE .
pls we are not 6yrs old at least am not how can we believ that.
we heard all manners of lies for more than 80 days we are tired.
He is not coming back now he is seriously sick clinically dead
Even though he recovers,he has to rest for a while

Fxcking LIE
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by aahmed112: 12:16am On Feb 24, 2010
http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/5261-abuja-on-overdrive-yaradua-on-his-way-home.html

[size=14pt]Abuja on overdrive: Yar’Adua “on his way home”[/size]

Nigeria’s federal capital, Abuja, is awake and buzzing at this hour with the startling information that Umaru Yar’Adua is on his way back Nigeria, 90 days after he was evacuated in a medical emergency. Some officials claim to have received text messages from some of Yar’Adua’s aides in Jeddah claiming that Nigeria’s sick “leader” would arrive at 2:00 AM, Nigeria time.
Although guarded Saharareporters sources had first claimed they were not officially aware of Yar’Adua’s return, they have been more forthcoming in the past hour that the story is true. Panic-stricken ministers and officials are in the dark about the latest information regarding Yar’Adua.
On the ground as of the time of writing this report, there are no reported troop movements or any airport ceremony that may indicate such an event, but the strong rumours are taking on a life of their own in Abuja.

The equally bizarre development is that Nigeria’s six–man ministerial delegation to Saudi Arabia arrived Riyadh at 6:00 AM (Nigerian time) today to find itself in an embarrassing effort to reach the King of Saudi Arabia, which was to be a step towards reaching Yar’Adua.

Their first order of business was to deliver a goodwill message to the King after which they were to have proceeded to Jeddah to meet Yar’Adua but they were shocked when the Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs told the delegation that the King could not meet with them. He reportedly accepted their good will letters, thanked them for coming and told them that Yar’Adua had been “discharged” from hospital and was “on his way to Nigeria.”

The response of the Saudi authorities left the ministerial delegation stranded in Riyadh as they didn’t know what to do. It is now expected that they will return to Abuja early tomorrow.

Signs that new intrigues had crept into the ministerial trip emerged on Sunday night when a few minutes to departure to Saudi Arabia from Abuja, the ministers were denied departure as it was claimed that the Saudi authorities denied them landing rights, but the Saudi ambassador to Nigeria denied that claim.

When Nigeria’s Foreign Affairs Minister, Ojo Maduekwe, showed up on Monday at the Presidential Villa to address the media, he had changed both the itinerary and mission of the six-man team. In preparing the mind of the Nigeria public for what would happen, he shockingly said the trip to Saudi Arabia was aimed at visiting the King of Saudi Arabia to thank him for taking care of Yar’Adua, and not to visit him in the hospital. That was not exactly the mission when the delegation was set up last Wednesday at the weekly meeting of the Federal Executive Council.

This evening’s development is a strange development, as it comes only days after Turai Yar’Adua was quoted as saying her husband would be returning home in 10 days. There are no indications as to Yar’Adua’s exact health situation, but it curious that he will be arriving in dead of the night with any official airport ceremony planned which has heightened fears that he might returning as a “packaged” person. There is not any indication whether the National Assembly, which is dominated by the People’s Democratic Party, would be insisting on his being checked out by doctors before he can seek to take back power.

Goodluck Jonathan became Acting President two weeks ago. Saharareporters sources said Jonathan was informed about Yar’adua’s impending return only a few hours ago.

We ‘ll provide further updates as they become available to us-SR
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by oderemo(m): 12:18am On Feb 24, 2010
just confirmed the news on al- jazeera . yar a dull is been flown back to nigeria. its true.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Olayinkaoj(m): 12:19am On Feb 24, 2010
I just heard on Aljezeral breaking news about his return back home. I wish him recovery. There is nothing God cant do but if he realizes he is not fit, he does not need to be the president by force. Health is wealth
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 24, 2010
Olayinkaoj:

I just heard on Aljezeral breaking news about his return back home.

return as in what now? as "packaged" person according to SR or in white flowing agbada? will he even be able to stand at all?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by jaybee3(m): 12:24am On Feb 24, 2010
chei na true oh. d man was def chased outta KSA cos they don't wanna get involved with the looming diplomatic row.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by MrCrackles(m): 12:25am On Feb 24, 2010
Dead or alive, let Saudi release our man, Yaradunce!! grin
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by oderemo(m): 12:26am On Feb 24, 2010
There is nothing God cant do

can we pls leave GOD out of this for a minute.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by otawa: 12:26am On Feb 24, 2010
if this is true, let us see what becomes of GoodLuck.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Jaylon(m): 12:27am On Feb 24, 2010
It is official, Yar'adua is on his way back.

Reuters

ABUJA, Feb 23 (Reuters) - Nigerian President Umaru Yar'Adua was being flown back to the capital Abuja on Tuesday, three months after he left for medical treatment in Saudi Arabia, Nigerian government sources and a Saudi airport official said.

"The president left at 10:22 p.m. (1922 GMT) alone in a plane and another plane carried Nigerian government envoys," the official at Jeddah airport told Reuters.

Nigerian government and presidency officials could not immediately be reached for comment.

The 58-year-old leader left Nigeria in late November to receive medical treatment at a clinic in Jeddah for pericarditis, an inflammation of the membrane surrounding the heart that can restrict normal beating.

His absence brought Africa's most populous nation to the brink of constitutional crisis and threatened to paralyse the business of government, until Vice President Goodluck Jonathan was sworn in as acting leader two weeks ago
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by MrCrackles(m): 12:28am On Feb 24, 2010
otawa:

You know. .  .
Wondering how this will play out. . .
Will Goodluck vacate the seat if a fit Yaradunce turns up shocked grin
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by presido1: 12:28am On Feb 24, 2010
Am on the fence watching.  cool cool cool cool
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by doyin13(m): 12:28am On Feb 24, 2010
Na wa. . .  So he is not dead.

Let us see him stand in front of cameras first
for at least two minutes.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 24, 2010
otawa:

He will still be Acting to become President soon. The long awaited news about Yardua's health will now come out.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by oderemo(m): 12:34am On Feb 24, 2010
Let us see him stand in front of cameras first
for at least two minutes.

dont tempt faith , lets say one minute .
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by presido1: 12:34am On Feb 24, 2010
Let the quarantine him before he is allowed into the country be we all die the same time. Hez sickness is too numerous to count.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by oderemo(m): 12:37am On Feb 24, 2010
maybe its a matter of {ku sile} is better than {ku sita}. grin grin grin. this is funny.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Gbawe: 12:38am On Feb 24, 2010
otawa:

Like I stated before , whatever happens to Jonathan , good or bad , our acting President would have invited it upon himself with either his dithering and cowardly ways or any last minute leadership bravery he may muster before it is too late . The backstabbers he sent to visit Yar Adua would have been informing Turai of developments as they happened. If true that Yar Adua is on his way back then Nigeria is once again disgraced . We needlessly send a team to SA while the President the team wanted to see is heading the other way in a ridiculously bizarre game of hide and seek that would have ended months ago if these (s)elected fool only learn how to put their nation first. Guguru (popcorn) moment is upon us.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by CyberG: 12:42am On Feb 24, 2010
I will wager that this lunatic President is long dead. . .the Saudi King probably got pissed-off enough that he commanded that the loser be repatriated immediately! Otherwise, think about it: why is it that he refused to meet with the ministers supposedly bringing letters from the highest organs of government of another country? No photo ops to showcase his joy at helping the president of another country? Is it not obvious that his advisers would have been asking him to hands-off for it is a losing game? It is better to do the right thing (may be a bit late) than to be wrong to the bitter end!

As for me, this useless president is dead! How come he won't show-up during the day during business hours? Shouldn't he be immediately heading to 'work' to prove that he has indeed been fine and has been watching soccer all the while??
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by k9ine(m): 12:47am On Feb 24, 2010
When he does return, how would he take over his seat?
'Cos he never wrote to tell us he was leaving or has left th seat.
I suppose the NASS will, now ask Jonathan to step-down from the seat.

Very Funny style of governance in this country (laffssssssssssssssss!)
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by nduchucks: 12:52am On Feb 24, 2010
[size=16pt]I dey lookoo and lafuu!!![/size]

We are told that Yar'Adua left at 10:22 p.m. (1922 GMT) alone in a plane and another plane carried Nigerian government envoys, it must be because the first plane is an ambulance necessary to protect him from infection, we pray the first plane is not carrying a dead body. 

We are very close to closure.

My sympathy goes to Beaf and his MEND cohorts. wey that boy dey sef? cheesy
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by violent(m): 12:56am On Feb 24, 2010
*******GRABS ANOTHER PACK OF POPOCORN******

This movie is the best ever! grin
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Gekko(m): 12:57am On Feb 24, 2010
This has got be the biggest comedic film of all time cool think i need some more popcorn grin grin grin
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by violent(m): 1:01am On Feb 24, 2010
Just curious. . .were they planning to sneak him into country before? . . . . .and volllllllllllllaaaa, next morning, he is on NTA news?

Still watching the comedy, Nairalanders, can we maintain a quiet environment?. . . we sure dont want to miss a thing. . and who the hell took my popcorn?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 24, 2010
[size=18pt]TURAI AND WHATEVER IS LEFT OF THE PRESIDENT WAS PROBABLY EVICTED FROM SAUDI ARABIA BY THE SAUDI AUTHORITIES WHO ARE TIRED OF THIS AGAMA DANCE[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

ADAMAWA GUBER: PDP Governors Plot Against Ribadu / I Have Wike’s Records: Amaechi Dares Rivers Governor-elect On Probe / Sowore’s 'Revolution Now’ Movement: Things You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.