Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra (1036 Views)

Biafra: Video Of Rivers Indigenes Celebrating Liberation From Biafra Massacre / Gerry Gogan Obituary: Irish Priest Expelled From Biafra / Anambra State Breaks Out From Biafra: "Nnamdi Kanu Is Small Boy Fooling Himself" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Johnnyessence(m): 4:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
Award-winning writer, Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche
has refuted claims that she ever said she is Biafran.
She shared a screenshot of one of the headlines
which quoted her saying she is Biafran and wrote;
This headline below, and other similar headlines,
which appeared on some websites: are false.
They are completely invented; along with some
accompanying quotes which have been
attributed to me. I did not say or write those
words. Source::www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/09/chimamanda-adiche-distance-herself-from.html?m=1

Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Johnnyessence(m): 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
One of the best igbo and beautiful woman is rejecting Biafra.

Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Johnnyessence(m): 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
Cc: lalasticlala,mynd44,fynestboi,seun
Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by idealogical: 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
Good for her.
Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by geo4c: 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
she said she didn't wrote those.. they are false.. but ask yourself why didn't she write it boldly that "i am not a biafran"

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Flatties: 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
geo4c:
she said she didn't wrote those.. they are false.. but ask yourself why didn't she write it boldly that "i am not a biafran"

Thank you

For moving the goalpost.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Yyeske(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
When we say those carrying Biafra on their head like gala and okpa are 99.9% okada riders, wheelbarrow pushers, conductors and frustrated urchins drinking kaikai from morning till night, they call us afonja and ab0ki. I guess this brilliant and beautiful lady is afonja and ab0ki combined.
IPOB miscreants over to you for analysis.

No sane Igbo will ever follow nor tolerate that chief pig Nnamdi kanu

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Yyeske(m): 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
Igbos:

Thank you

For moving the goalpost.
He wanted to use brain, let him wait for pictures and videos evidences too

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by deomeelo: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
idealogical:
Good for her.

Yes good for her, but we know she is deep in her heart, she issued the denial to protect her public image and marketability.
Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Yyeske(m): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2017
deomeelo:

Yes good for her, but we know she is deep in her heart, she issued the denial to protect her public image and marketability.

Just say you were disappointed, did she tell you she was protecting her public image?
Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by deomeelo: 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Just say you were disappointed, did she tell you she was protecting her pubic image?

I was actually talking about her PUBLIC image, not pubic hair.
Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Yyeske(m): 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
deomeelo:

I was actually talking about her PUBLIC image, not pubic hair.

Thanks for pointing out that typo
Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by cstr1000: 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
And these yoruba nitwits have created a new thread after we have already dealt with the old one.
Chimamda did not deny biafra because there is no biafra in existence. She has always been favourably disposed to the biafra of the 60s.
What she denied was being credited with something that she did not say.
If and when biafra happens, she automatically becomes biafran. I have not seen a more igbocentric woman than chimamanda. You can't tell me that a student of Chinua Achebe and the author of a '' half of a yellow sun'' is not biafran at heart.
Yorubas in political section grow some brain cells and stop interfering in issues you have no knowledge or capacity to understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Yyeske(m): 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
deomeelo:

I was actually talking about her PUBLIC image, not public hair.

Thanks for pointing out that typo typo but back to the question, did she tell you she was protecting her public image?
Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by aybabz101: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
When we say those carrying Biafra on their head like gala and okpa are 99.9% okada riders, wheelbarrow pushers, conductors and frustrated urchins drinking kaikai from morning till night, they call us afonja and ab0ki. I guess this brilliant and beautiful lady is afonja and ab0ki combined.

why cant u ppl jst read and comprehend? she said those words are nt hers. she is an igbo girl anyday anytime. if biafra is actualized today, i believe she will b part of it; not arewa republic or oodua republic

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by deomeelo: 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Thanks for pointing out that typo typo but back to the question, did she tell you she was protecting her public image?

Did she tell you she wasn't?
Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Yyeske(m): 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2017
aybabz101:

why cant u ppl jst read and comprehend? she said those words are nt hers. she is an igbo girl anyday anytime. if biafra is actualized today, i believe she will b part of it; not arewa republic or oodua republic
She denounced writing "I'm a Biafran", what else do you want her to say again and denies the fact she's not an Igbo lady we all are proud of
Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Yyeske(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
deomeelo:

Since you insinuated, you need to tell us if she told you anything
Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Yyeske(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
deomeelo:

Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by deomeelo: 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:

What you called insinuation is what I call expressed opinion and if you are going to question or litigate my duly deserved opinion on a public forum, then, by all means, you have to show us specific facts to litigate with, like how she expressed to you that she did not and if you can not do that, respect my opinion and move on.
Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by MaziOmenuko: 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2017
You think anyone sensible will identify with this brand of ipob trying to pioneer what they don't understand? More especially, a charlatan in the name of nnamdi kanu who thrives on hate speeches? Massob in all its efficacy faded away, ipob will soon die a natural death. We will also be here when those that will end up in kuje will end up and those shouting hossanah today will start shouting crucify him tomorrow.

We have gone this part before, it leads to nowhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Johnnyessence(m): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
If sensible and educated chimanda said all this words, I think let us give her another chance. Biafra this biafra that. The reality here's that 80 percent of igbo people want Biafra. Both the illiterates and the educated ones knows biafra country.
Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:

That's understandable because those are the sets of people who feel the injustice in the system more. Not the rich and well-to-do who are already benefitting from from the system and occupying juicy position. They have their reputation to maintain. Even if they may desire at heart, they wouldn't come out and say so overtly

Ever wondered why the French revolution was spearheaded by the peasants.?

=============================

What was France like before the revolution?

The vast majority of people in France lived in destitution, with little chance of escaping their condition. Peasants were entirely at the mercy of the nobility, who had preserved much of the fundamental power relationship of feudalism. As Jean Jaurès described in 1901, the economic subjugation in the countryside was profound:

There was not one action in rural life that did not require the peasants to pay a ransom… Feudal rights thus extended their clutches over every force of nature, everything that grew, moved, breathed […] even over the fire burning in the oven to bake the peasant’s poor bread

This led to near-universal poverty in the countryside. English agriculturalist Arthur Young remarked at the time:

The poor seem poor indeed; the children terribly ragged, if possible worse clad than if with no clothes at all; as to shoes and stockings they are luxuries… One third of what I have seen of this province seems uncultivated, and nearly all of it in misery. What have kings, and ministers, and parliaments, and states, to answer for their prejudices, seeing millions of hands that would be industrious, idle and starving, through the execrable maxims of despotism, or the equally detestable prejudices of a feudal nobility

The urban population of artisans and journeymen laborers experienced similar hardship. Economic reorganizations in the kingdom threatened the apprenticeship system, jeopardizing the ability of craftsmen to control their own work. Day laborers — permitted to exist in the cities only when they could produce papers proving their employment — were stalked by royal police.

At the same time, a wave of immigration brought dramatic demographic changes to Paris. Historian Eric Hazan estimates that in 1789 immigrants numbered about two thirds of the city’s population, and they each had to “request a passport in their region of origin to avoid being arrested en route as vagabonds and sent to beggars colonies.”

The clergy and nobility, together comprising about 1.6 percent of the population, were doing just fine — most nobles lived in extreme opulence and inherited their positions hereditarily. The Catholic Church controlled by some estimates 8 percent of total private wealth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adiche Distance Herself From Biafra by Johnnyessence(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
Chief lalasticlala and honorable seun did you support Biafra?. I support restructuring. But if biafra eventually come to pass,so be it.

(1) (Reply)

Spanish Court Suspends Catalan Parliament In Wake Of Independence Vote / Congratulations To Ipob On Your Successful Boycotted Election / New Video Shows Boko Haram Killing Soldiers In Adamawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.