Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road (23808 Views)

FG Flags-off Reconstruction Of N3.6bn Lagos-badagry Expressway / Wike Flags Off Reconstruction Of School In Amechi's Community / Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by alanbolo(m): 3:53am On Sep 05, 2017
shervydman:

I don't really agree with that......fashola actually laid d foundation for ambode.

God bless you.... Folks need to know that Successful government is a continuum process.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 05, 2017
deomeelo:

Fashola built 15 waterworks

How many Ambode don build? None

Fashola built 5 power stations

Fashola built 3 bridges including the best bridge in In Nigeria and West Africa called Lekki Ikoyi bridge>

Fashola built 6 modern jetties

Fashola built countless housing estates

Fashola build dozens of new schools

Fashola built many hospitals including the first burn center in Nigeria and the first Cardiac and Renal hospital in Nigeria.

Fashola built 13 maternity centers.

Fashola built many parks including the Freedom park

Fashola build 30 skill acquisition centers

Fashola built rice and cassava mill

Fashola build the Lagos state energy college

Fashola built the new LASG house of assembly

How many ambode don build? None

Fashola built 2 asphalt plant

Fashola built Fashola Paving Stone manufacturing plant

Fashola build many modern court houses

Fashola built many modern markets including the new Oyingbo market

Fashola's work is enough to fill more than 10 pages on NL, but Ambode's work can not fill 1 single page.

I know hate and ignorance are the foundation of your comment so I do understand.
stop reasoning like this @deomeelo, let there be no comparison between them as at now, all the projects executed by fashola is actually done in EIGHT YEARS, this is ambode's second year, moreover ambode has executed some of the project u listed here in a very short period of time.

thanks.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by isnovic(m): 5:06am On Sep 05, 2017
One would have thought that provision for mid-rail track should be in the design.

This is to ensure future construction of a speed train to and from the airport cargo terminal and the international terminals can be realised by this provision without much disturbance to the citizens when implemented.

This will facilitate movement of goods, people and make it serve better purpose unlike just making roads.

Secondly, a 3 lane road is just too small.

As it is abundantly evidenced in the current traffic situation at peak hours and the flights delay/miss occasioned by this traffic. The future projection should be used to conceptualise projects as we may just build and break to rebuild in the near future when travel and economy activities pick up.

Roads to the Airport like Lagos Airport should come with a standard 6 lanes to and fro.....as future traffic should be envisaged.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nobody: 5:10am On Sep 05, 2017
isnovic:
One would have thought that provision for mid-rail track should be in the design.

This is to ensure future construction of a speed train and from the airport cargo terminal and the international terminals can be realised.

This will facilitate movement of goods, people and make it serve better purpose unlike just making roads.

3 lane roads is just too small. Roads to the Airport like Lagos Airport should come with a standard 6 lanes to and fro.....as future traffic should be envisaged.

u made sense on the mid rail line, rail line can be added at any time, it can be overhead or something like that.

the airport road will be a 10 lane road. 3 lane each on the expressway and 2 lane each on the service lane.

it could have been made wider but houses are built on both side...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by AFONJACOW(m): 5:41am On Sep 05, 2017
Basic123:

Stop this jealousy nagrin

lagos is already in the hand of westerners.Abi tinubu,fashola and ambode are from anambra and Oba name is Ifeanyi chikelu and oba ajah-lekki is oba obinna chukwuemekagrin

by the way,the road supposed to be fixed by south south(GEJ) and northwest(buhari).....but a westerner is now fixing it.so stop vomiting feaces from your mouthcheesy
blame ur poor hungry ancestors for selling ur lands to strangers.. we are going to evict a lot of people grin cheesy

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by deomeelo: 5:47am On Sep 05, 2017
shervydman:

stop reasoning like this @deomeelo, let there be no comparison between them as at now, all the projects executed by fashola is actually done in EIGHT YEARS, this is ambode's second year, moreover ambode has executed some of the project u listed here in a very short period of time.

thanks.

Fashola Commissions More Waterworks, Maternal Child Care Centre
…Says No School Child Will Sit On The Floor In Lagos By End Of 2010

Feb 9, 2010

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2010/02/09/20100209N01.html

Mar 4, 2010 - Fashola Hands Over 12.45 MW IPP Powerplant For Iju And Adiyan Waterworks

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2010/03/04/20100304N01.html

Feb 4, 2010 - Fashola Commissions Six Major Projects In One Day

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/photos/2010/02/04/20100204P01.html

May 13, 2010 - Fashola Commissions 20 Bed Accidents And Emergency Centre

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2010/05/13/20100513N11.html

Feb 10, 2011 - Fashola Hands Over Four Major Projects

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2011/02/10/20110210N01.html

^^^^^ That was just within a few months in 2010, Fashola's 2nd year in office.

I wasn't unreasonable with my assertions because in Fashola's 2nd and 3rd year, he's already commissioned countless roads, hospitals, clinics, bridges, health centers, water works, schools, power plants, skills centers and so on.

....but to date, how many major projects have Ambode commissioned? Count 5 if you can and last I checked, he's yet to move beyond roads, overhead bridge, and flyover.

At the rate Ambode is going, he won't match Fashola's 2nd-year achievements after his 8 years in office even with his overloaded N860 billion budget.

For what it's what, I started countless threads on NL about Fashola commissioning multiple projects weekly and even daily and he did so until his last week in office.

Fashola commissioned more projects/Major projects in 2-3 months of his 2nd year in office than the whole of Ambode's first 2 years in office and I have my facts to stand on.

No public official or government in Nigeria can match Fashola's achievements in office.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by deomeelo: 5:58am On Sep 05, 2017
Fashola Commissions 103 New Classrooms In One Day
• Appeals to parents, guardians to get involved in education of their children

Jun 10, 2010

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/photos/2010/06/10/20100610P01.html

Still 2010, Fashola's 2nd year in office.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by deomeelo: 6:00am On Sep 05, 2017
Sep 3, 2009 - Fashola Commissions Transit Home For Victims Of Domestic Violence

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/photos/2009/09/03/20090903P01.html

Just after 1 year in office.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by deomeelo: 6:08am On Sep 05, 2017
May 25, 2010 - Fashola Hands Over Eight Roads, 2million Gallons Water Works
May 20, 2010 - Fashola Commissions 11 Projects In Badagry, Ojo
May 11, 2010 - Fashola Commisisons Okota-Itire Overhead Bridge, 3 Other Major Projects

http://www.tundefashola.com/issues/transport.html

Fashola commissioned 1 bridge, 19 roads and 1 2 million gallons water works in 1 month/May 2010, his 2nd year in office.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by deomeelo: 6:15am On Sep 05, 2017
Fashola commissioned more projects in 1 single month than many governors in his time commissioned in 8 years.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Basic123: 6:20am On Sep 05, 2017
AFONJACOW:
blame ur poor hungry ancestors for selling ur lands to strangers.. we are going to evict a lot of people grin cheesy
grin..you mean 2 by 2 kiosks dashed you buy them to save you from poverty inducing yIGBOLAND erosion and ojukwu wickedness after wasting 3000 000 of your bro and sis and ran away

And you are still arrogant and ungrateful with it.
seriously,yIGBOs,arrogance and empty chestbeat are

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by deturla: 6:35am On Sep 05, 2017
shervydman:

15 months.

Good development from the Akinwumi Ambode led government. The road has had increased activities of late, necessitating the need for a reconstruction cum expansion.

Please how can the media attend the next town hall. Meeting?
Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by AFONJACOW(m): 6:39am On Sep 05, 2017
Basic123:

grin..you mean 2 by 2 kiosks dashed you buy them to save you from poverty inducing yIGBOLAND erosion and ojukwu wickedness after wasting 3000 000 of your bro and sis and ran away

And you are still arrogant and ungrateful with it.
seriously,yIGBOs,arrogance and empty chestbeat are
hahahahahahahaha as if we don't know where Yoruba's likely live in Lagos.. a Yoruba man will rather go back to his village than to rent a flat of 600k

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Basic123: 6:44am On Sep 05, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Well, I don't know about that.
Fashola operated in a time of surplus and didn't build as much core infrastructure in 8 years as Ambode who is operating in a time of scarity has built in just 2 years.

Worse still, Fashola's performance at the federal level is as terrible as terror can get!
What is the definition of core infrastructure?

because all what Ambode has been doing are just roads.Fashola achievement cut across all sectors..water plants,jetty,roads,health,education especially LASU etc.

may be your meaning of core infrastructure is "road".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Basic123: 6:50am On Sep 05, 2017
AFONJACOW:
hahahahahahahaha as if we don't know where Yoruba's likely live in Lagos.. a Yoruba man will rather go back to his village than to rent a flat of 600k
grin....yIGBO people can lie to inflate their ego.The man in ajegunle is a complete Igbo man.I have watched the defamatory documentary before.titled "welcome to lagos" by BBC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by AFONJACOW(m): 7:03am On Sep 05, 2017
Basic123:

grin....yIGBO people can lie to inflate their ego.The man in ajegunle is a complete Igbo man.I have watched the defamatory documentary before.titled "welcome to lagos" by BBC.

how come Igbo's are winning elections in Lagos , if I'm not mistaken 4 Igbo's are in Lagos state house of Assembly, how come Oba of Lagos is threatening them to vote for ambode , they constitute highest population in Lagos , ambode crawl and prostrate to eze Ndi Igbo for his support, omo go back to ur village in Ogun
, According to a letter written by the late General Adeyinka Adebayo, the industries in Oyo are owned by Lebanese and Indians, but 70 per cent of the industries located in Lagos State are owned by Igbo. So the industries that are manufacturing goods in the South-West and some in the Eastern Region have the whole of Nigeria as their market, a market of about 200 million people. If there is no Nigeria,
What do yorubas contributes to Lagos, if not agbero work grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by desiredmee(m): 7:29am On Sep 05, 2017
shervydman:

everything about leadership and position is building on the previous leaders' success or rectify the previous' failure.

if fashola hadn't cleared oshodi of its mess, will ambode think of developing that axis at this moment?

As much as I want to agree that Ambode is riding on the continuity terrain i also think Fashola isn't doing as espected in the federal arm of affairs which to me is a failure on his part
Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Basic123: 7:35am On Sep 05, 2017
AFONJACOW:
how come Igbo's are winning elections in Lagos , if I'm not mistaken 4 Igbo's are in Lagos state house of Assembly, how come Oba of Lagos is threatening them to vote for ambode , they constitute highest population in Lagos , ambode crawl and prostrate to eze Ndi Igbo for his support, omo go back to ur village in Ogun
, According to a letter written by the late General Adeyinka Adebayo, the industries in Oyo are owned by Lebanese and Indians, but 70 per cent of the industries located in Lagos State are owned by Igbo. So the industries that are manufacturing goods in the South-West and some in the Eastern Region have the whole of Nigeria as their market, a market of about 200 million people. If there is no Nigeria,
What do yorubas contributes to Lagos, if not agbero work grin
Another ego being inflatedgrin
I thought igbos out of their delusion claim no industry in Ibadan

LIST THOSE 70% COMPANIES,MY IGBO FRIEND.
NOT BY MOUTH,EMPTY CHESTBEAT AND EWEDU AND DEMOLA AJAYI PICTURES.grin,grin,grin,grin

75% claimers.

Only a fool will abandon his home to "develop" as you've claimed anyway,another home!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by deomeelo: 7:36am On Sep 05, 2017
desiredmee:

As much as I want to agree that Ambode is riding on the continuity terrain i also think Fashola isn't doing as espected in the federal arm of affairs which to me is a failure on his part

Kindly articulate how he's not doing well, also in what area? Basically, he failed based on what?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by AFONJACOW(m): 7:53am On Sep 05, 2017
Basic123:
Another ego being inflatedgrin
I thought igbos out of their delusion claim no industry in Ibadan

LIST THOSE 70% COMPANIES,MY IGBO FRIEND.
NOT BY MOUTH,EMPTY CHESTBEAT AND EWEDU AND DEMOLA AJAYI PICTURES.grin,grin,grin,grin

75% claimers.

Only a fool will abandon his home to "develop" as you've claimed anyway,another home!
apart from Lagos which we know it come about which other state in Yoruba land is more developed than IMO Enugu anambra and Abia "An Igbo man sees the entire world as his village, while an Hausa man sees Kano as the Universe and a Yoruba man sees Lagos as his entire world. Nigeria is just too small to contain the Igbo man’s dreams, aspirations, industry, commerce and expertise. He needs a platform to rule and dominate the entire Universe which is Biafra. grin
Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Basic123: 7:55am On Sep 05, 2017
AFONJACOW:
apart from Lagos which we know it come about which other state in Yoruba land is more developed than IMO Enugu anambra and Abia "An Igbo man sees the entire world as his village, while an Hausa man sees Kano as the Universe and a Yoruba man sees Lagos as his entire world. Nigeria is just too small to contain the Igbo man’s dreams, aspirations, industry, commerce and expertise. He needs a platform to rule and dominate the entire Universe which is Biafra. grin
MOUTH!grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Basic123: 7:59am On Sep 05, 2017
AFONJACOW:

Yorubas call what you do "egan",watering down what
you lack to compesate for the deficit.And its always born out of inferiority complexgrin
A:USA is great
yIGBO like thinker:remove newyork and Los angele,USA
is nothing.

A:UK is great
yIGBO Like thinker:Remove london and Manchester
city,UK is nothing.

A:Japan is great
B:yIGBO like thinker:Remove tokyo japan is nothing.

A:southwest is the most industrialized according to
national statistics.
B:yIGBO like thinker:Remove lagos and ogun,southwest
is nothing.Infact,na we own 75% of it

A:yIGBO land is the most industrialized.
yIGBO like thinker:Yes,especially our Anambra.
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by OmoEpe(m): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2017
deomeelo:

In as much as i think there is no need for comparison in Fashola and Ambode's achievements since they're both a continuation of Tinubu's Govt but truth be told, most of Fashola's earlier projects were Tinubu's projects. BRT etc. Tinubu being a selfless leader left them for Fashola to gain acceptance and stability in view of the initial opposition to his Govt. But rather unfortunately Fashola never gave his successor that leverage, he had to earn his own name and that i think is highly commendable of him
Anyhow you can be sure Lagos can only get better as long as we continue with the Tinubu masterplan so we owe it a duty to ensure continuity of this developmental model under whatever party it finds itself.
Cheers

^^^^^ That was just within a few months in 2010, Fashola's 2nd year in office.

I wasn't unreasonable with my assertions because in Fashola's 2nd and 3rd year, he's already commissioned countless roads, hospitals, clinics, bridges, health centers, water works, schools, power plants, skills centers and so on.

....but to date, how many major projects have Ambode commissioned? Count 5 if you can and last I checked, he's yet to move beyond roads, overhead bridge, and flyover.

At the rate Ambode is going, he won't match Fashola's 2nd-year achievements after his 8 years in office even with his overloaded N860 billion budget.

For what it's what, I started countless threads on NL about Fashola commissioning multiple projects weekly and even daily and he did so until his last week in office.

Fashola commissioned more projects/Major projects in 2-3 months of his 2nd year in office than the whole of Ambode's first 2 years in office and I have my facts to stand on.

No public official or government in Nigeria can match Fashola's achievements in office.

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by AFONJACOW(m): 8:45am On Sep 05, 2017
Basic123:

Yorubas call what you do "egan",watering down what
you lack to compesate for the deficit.And its always born out of inferiority complexgrin
A:USA is great
yIGBO like thinker:remove newyork and Los angele,USA
is nothing.

A:UK is great
yIGBO Like thinker:Remove london and Manchester
city,UK is nothing.

A:Japan is great
B:yIGBO like thinker:Remove tokyo japan is nothing.

A:southwest is the most industrialized according to
national statistics.
B:yIGBO like thinker:Remove lagos and ogun,southwest
is nothing.Infact,na we own 75% of it

A:yIGBO land is the most industrialized.
yIGBO like thinker:Yes,especially our Anambra.
grin grin grin
we are going to buy up all the available piece of land in west . . . u will soon go back to your ancestral land in Cotonou grin you have to blame ur poor malnourished ancestors for this blunders grin if you are waiting for abandon properties before u could live in a descent house in Lagos... omo ijebu no way grin

Yorùbá èṣu ni awọn eniyan julọ ti o ni imọran julọ Mo ti ri tẹlẹ, ti a ba lọ kuro ni Lagos fun wọn ni wọn yoo pada si ipinle Ogun ni osu mefa, gbagbe nipa rẹ Lagos jẹ tiwa a yoo kọ odi grin grin grin

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Basic123: 8:53am On Sep 05, 2017
AFONJACOW:
we are going to buy up all the available piece of land in west . . . u will soon go back to your ancestral land in Cotonou grin you have to blame ur poor malnourished ancestors for this blunders grin if you are waiting for abandon properties before u could live in a descent house in Lagos... omo ijebu no way grin

Yorùbá èṣu ni awọn eniyan julọ ti o ni imọran julọ Mo ti ri tẹlẹ, ti a ba lọ kuro ni Lagos fun wọn ni wọn yoo pada si ipinle Ogun ni osu mefa, gbagbe nipa rẹ Lagos jẹ tiwa a yoo kọ odi grin grin grin
yIGBOs shall live by mouth and empty chest beat forevergrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 05, 2017
Danielnino00, Marcelo290, freshest4life, shaytun.....don't reply that girl, just leave her alone. let's not attend to that thread again. thanks.
Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by deomeelo: 9:23am On Sep 05, 2017
OmoEpe:
In as much as i think there is no need for comparison in Fashola and Ambode's achievements since they're both a continuation of Tinubu's Govt but truth be told, most of Fashola's earlier projects were Tinubu's projects. BRT etc. Tinubu being a selfless leader left them for Fashola to gain acceptance and stability in view of the initial opposition to his Govt. But rather unfortunately Fashola never gave his successor that leverage, he had to earn his own name and that i think is highly commendable of him
Anyhow you can be sure Lagos can only get better as long as we continue with the Tinubu masterplan so we owe it a duty to ensure continuity of this developmental model under whatever party it finds itself.
Cheers

No need to shift goal post. So it's ok to conclude that everything Ambode is doing now belongs to Fashola right?

Fact is, it doesn't matter what part of Fashola's years in Office, 1st to 8th year in office, he was commissioning multiple projects every week and he was a million miles ahead of Ambode across the board because he was not just building roads, he was building power plants, water works, schools, bridges, housing estates, hospitals, skills centers, drivers institutes and so on.

Ambode is too far behind per Lagos standard.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by AFONJACOW(m): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2017
Basic123:
yIGBOs shall live by mouth and empty chest beat forevergrin
the fear of going back to ijebu ode don catch this one

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Basic123: 9:45am On Sep 05, 2017
AFONJACOW:
the fear of going back to ijebu ode don catch this one
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Danielnino00(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2017
shervydman:
Danielnino00, Marcelo290, freshest4life, shaytun.....don't reply that girl, just leave her alone. let's not attend to that thread again. thanks.

That's better. I wonder why the mods haven't taken down the thread yet..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by femolii: 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
Cinkq:
wow.,ver happy about this. lagos( yoruba land/ teritory) will keep progressing. if you like call it no mans land or chinese land.
Good but some people from that side will not happy.
Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Marcelo290(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
shervydman:
lol I no longer take her serious, just fun making

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Atiku Associating Himself With Failures- Balarabe Musa / Eromosele Adene Mother: Protest A Fundamental Human Right. They Must Free My Son / Okorocha: Uzodinma Refurbished My Project, Invited Buhari For Commissioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.