Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. (29050 Views)

'My Girlfriend Sheds Tears Whenever I Am Leaving Home For Work' - Man (Video) / Zambian Pastor Has Died Leaving Behind 32 Wives, 520 Children, And 1,300 Grandch / I Am Leaving, Good Bye. :) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2017
Evaberry:

Many men have been in this situation and many more will be.

I won't advise anyone to terminate better opportunities because of a girl.

you need to have a serious conversation with your gf, she's 30 will she be able to wait for you bearing in mind this is going to be a long distance relationship.

The chances of her succumbing to pressures to get married are going to be high, can she bear it.

Everyone here is going to advise you to leave this girl and focus on hustling but only you know how much impact she has/had in your life. only you know the pains you will go through you without her

4 Years is no child's play, can you know a girl as much as you know your gf Now, and by the time you make it so many female are gonna be attracted to you only because of wealth

mehn op I feel for you. Just roll a joint, smoke and relax

Hmmm I sense You normally smoke Hun
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by sarahade(f): 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
SuperSuave:
I don't know you or your girl but one thing I know is change is constant, be it attitudinal or something else and no one should be trusted 100% as long as they're human.

It will do the both of you real good if you guys can just handle the heartbreak of breaking up before you travel than unsettling yourself over there while your girl makes out with another man (probably as back up plan) or she being faithful to you while you exploit over there.

If you decide to still be in the relationship, your love for each other will definitely wax cold as time goes on I believe due to the distance barrier. You'll be tempted to go after other beauties while she will be constantly disturbed by various suitors too which will make her indecisive as age is no longer on her side I believe.

The ball is in your court bro, I wish you best of luck in your endeavor. cool

How old are you?
Please always think before typing it's a public forum.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Ajegun: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
I think you can go for your master's degree programme,if you guys are really in love,get your masters degree and come back to pick her alongside with you.If you do very well during your masters programme,you can always opt for working or get fellowship for doctoral degree.After,you masters degree you should be able to stand on your own and face life squarely.I dont expect you to pursue a doctoral degree based on the recommendation of anyone,it should be what you want out of life not want someone/persons want you to do.As it comes with very challenging and demanding responsibilities.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
jonced:
This is a simple matter which u r complicating by ur own actions. U did not have to lie to your brother in the first instance. This is how when God opens doors, people use their own hands to mess up the door, thinking they r being smart.

This is what u should do...get on ur knees and ask God for forgiveness for lying and then make a petition for ur brother's heart to soften and be receptive towards what u will explain.

After that, call ur brother and apologise for the misinformation and explain why u did it. ie u were afraid of missing the opportunity. Then tell him the truth about ur gf and extol her virtues and ur plans for her.

Then also be transparent about the situation with ur gf. is let her know what's happening.

That's all...but keep praying about it and avoid habits that are counterproductive.
Great advice!
All things work together for good to them that love God...
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by ApBlaze10: 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hmmm! I really appreaciate all your ideas and contributions to this issue. Its not easy. I have not been in love before though....i dont know how it feels but i know some day i will be - when God lets me see her.

WHat i have to say here is that IT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU AND I TO HAVE A CLOSE WORK AND WALK WITH GOD....THE KIND OF CLOSER WALK GOD WANTED FROM ABRAHAM WHEN HE WAS 90 YEARS OLD AND 9. The bible says [b]"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shall go...and i will guide thee with mine eye" (psalm 32:cool. You see its very important that God should be the center of your living. He has the master plan for everyone. God gave Adam Eve and I believe He Has an Eve for you and me, too and for everyone.

My advise? get into a closer walk with God and He will guide you.

God Bless You.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
@OP just find a grenade pull the string on it and stand in the middle of the Enugu Onitsha highway. just incase the grenade didn't blow you into ashes Dangote lorries will crush you to death. Good luck! grin
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by bellezza: 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hello,
I usually hardly drop comments, but because I did my masters in Canada, i think I can drop my little piece of advice.
First, you should be thankful you have someone you are sure of.
While doing your masters you can actually bring her over as your spouse and she will get a working permit while you study and work at the same time.
Or if you don't want to do that, you can finish apply for a permanent residence and bring her over. PhD - is not advisable here, because you will end up teaching except it's what you want, employers here are more concerned with what you can do than lofty degrees.
I say these things because there are many guys who seriously search for ladies here, except you want to settle for a white lady, or other African nationalities, or a nigerian who hardly know. Most men and ladies still go back home to marry people they knew.
Well it's up to you. And all the best and congrats

5 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by kachiz(m): 6:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
pweetiedee:
Op,

Don't let ur bro know u have a girl.

After ur MSC get a job and find a way to bring her over to you.

Don't stay back in naija o, cos the girl might leave u for a richer guy.

I'm not saying she Is a bad girl, but by the time friends and family make her see you are not capable, her mind will change.

So leave the love, hustle and if she is still available by then, do the needful.

I cannot stay back in this country because of any bf, cos I know bf willnnot stay back.

and if my bf is opportuned to travel for greener pastures, I will tell him to go and even pray for him.

what will be will be.

Well said
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Akaewu: 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
OrdercityWeb:

GBAAAM !!!
LOVE IS conditional.

You made very good points. But i have a problem with the bolded.
Please "true love" doesn't exist, at least not anymore. If there has to be a condition like you have above for you to have "true love" then it's not "true"
No woman at least in this century will ever love you for just who you're. They must "love" you for something you have. That's the sad reality.
People should stop abusing that word "love".
"True love" doesn't exist, if he misses this opportunity, she will leave him and he will regret it for the rest of his life. People should learn to be realistic, all this "lovey-dovey" is utopian and only exist in movies.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by efjay: 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Never leave certainty for uncertainty. I hope u understand this
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Sleyanya1(m): 7:42pm On Sep 05, 2017
9japrof:

Brother this is the best advice so far, Drinkwater07 if you have ear please listen, please please do not give that lady hope that you are coming back to her, if you man it up and tell her to her face, tell her when you must have traveled for your studies, that lady is already 30, do not keep her waiting any longer.

She must have sacrificed a lot of offers for you, age is no longer on her side, she would be angry at first and even hate you, buh bros life can be a little shitty sometimes and its not fair.

Please i beg you, leave for school and dont keep that innocent lady waiting, if after ur studies and shes single and she still catches ur fancy, then you can marry her

Thanks bro. True talk.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by SuperSuave(m): 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
joe4christ:

Your brain is running on the latest OS. That's a good thing. Wished an average nigerian is like you mehn. Kudos!
hahahahah cheesy I'm highly flattered sir grin
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by SuperSuave(m): 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
sarahade:

How old are you?
Please always think before typing it's a public forum.
Hey! you forgot to bring your brain along, come back when you have it with you. ciao
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drinkwater07:

Pickle of a situation you are in... Life is a proper bitch ain't it?

My suggestions for you:

In order to avoid "bad blood" between you and your brother (and/or family), AND still keep your lover....

1. Have an entirely brutal honest conversation with this girl about what your going abroad entails: strain of distance, trust issues, waiting etc.

2. Once she is fully armed with information, she can then make informed decision (1) remain an item (2) remain friends (3) None of the above

If I were you, I'd proceed based on if this girl is "worth" jeopardizing your brother's relationship

If she is worth it and a bag of chips.....

Then, proceed as such:

1. Your brother does not have to know you are still 'actively' an item. You tell him, you are cordial friends.

2. Respectfully, tell him you wish to repay his kindness at a later time while accepting the help he offers you at the time

3. Work to be independent from your brother. This means have a plan to be financially free from him--

4. Once you can support yourself, then bring your lovely woman over here in GOOD conscience.

Option B:

The girl aint worth it at all.....Then fella, go for the greener pastures (but remain cordial friends if she is agreeable to).

Of course, hopefully, this girl will also perform her own assessment on your worth as well before she agrees to long distance dalliance.

Good luck and godspeed. Keep in mind, you can't always have it both ways. You much sacrifice one or the other. Each decision with its consequences.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by aariwa(m): 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
Its not fair to leave a woman that suffered with you as in most cases you will later realise that she is the one that God made for you.If you make money before marrying, their is a strong possibility that you will marry a beautiful, vain slay queen who is only after what she can get from you and who may end up wrecking all you achieved when the going gets tough.Do court marriage and get her pregnant before leaving.Avoid women in Canada to avoid complications and save up at least 200 dollars every month and send down for their maintainance even if it means yo starving and travel at least once a year to see them.You will be eligible to apply for Canadian permanent residence after your program as the country allows it after which you will bring your family over

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by WomanOfRace(f): 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Brother better go and secure your future and leave love one side.
If you stay and end up broke here, your so called girl will sooner or later get disillusioned with life with you.
You are saying this now because of fear of what the future holds.
I can assure you that your relationship is over the moment you hop on that plane.
When you broaden your horizon abroad.
You will either move on or she will.
This is real life and in this digital age.
Absence doesn't make the heart fonder, it make the heart find it easier to move on

I'm sure he is Dangote now i? and the so called girl is still with him not demanding fading! And i didn't see anywhere he said he ever caught her cheating on him for the 4years. If i'm a man, i will give this girl room for benefit of doubt, at t she deserves it. He is with him now he is nobody, she should be with him when he becomes somebody.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2017
WomanOfRace:

I'm sure he is Dangote now i? and the so called girl is still with him not demanding fading! And i didn't see anywhere he said he ever caught her cheating on him for the 4years. If i'm a man, i will give this girl room for benefit of doubt, at t she deserves it. He is with him now he is nobody, she should be with him when he becomes somebody.

See as she equates a relationship to a business transaction.
Breaking up now will save both of them a whole lot of trouble going forward
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by 2sizzlin(m): 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
The schooling is supposed to translate to better job, riches, I suppose : uncertainty if riches (1 Timothy 6:17)

Trust brother and follow all his commands :
Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh (Jer 17:5)

I can't lose the girlfriend : though there's more to this but I will try and summarize at the expense of leaving out important details.
You probably have been sleeping with her. U can betray her now or she can betray you later... or not. No one knows, only the Person who knows the future and the consequences of present actions on the future can direct yours steps if you ....

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5‭-‬6 NKJV

What we do is that we default on the first 2 then we come to men for our paths to be directed , unfortunately men would mostly give you their advise based on their own understanding.
Even worse, we mess up so much we start entering strange prayer houses for quick fix then enter into the main gbege.
I'm sorry brother, at this point any advice I give you... You can't even entertain it.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by 2sizzlin(m): 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by tuscani: 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drinkwater07:
In a dilemma right now, please those experienced in these kind of issues should help me.

I lost my Job at the Nigerian Breweries Last year, While I was working I made up my mind to marry my girlfriend of about 4 years now, this December. Both of us are 30 already, we are so much in love, but my job lost really hampered our marriage plans, because she is just engaged in the Npower scheme now and my cash that I saved have long almost finished right now. The reason I did not go into business with the little money I have at that time about 400k was that My elder brother in Canada promised to send me to Canada to join there. So far he have helped me secure admission for MSc. and payed my full tuition fee and even credited my account for the maintenance which the visa officers will see in my account. He also has the plans of sponsoring me through PHD also in Canada or the UK if I want. Now as I await my Visa, there is a really big issue I am fighting right now to manage.

My brother warned me to forget about any girl I have here in Nigeria, that most of them are fair weather friends, gold diggers and desperados, and that if I have anybody here in Nigeria waiting for me while I am away, that it will be a huge distraction for me. He told me he is speaking out of experience and won't want anybody to distract me while studying and hustling abroad. My girl is definitely none of what he described, she is a very good person and is never after money, She just love so much. I told him that I don't have anybody, This is to avoid him withdrawing his financial support for me or may be doubting my seriousness to succeed.

I was planning to come back and get married to my baby after my MSc, but I don't know how my brother will see it. He will be so disappointed with me, I hold my brother in so much high regard, and right from when I was a child he usually protects me so well and doesn't want anything to hamper my success, I love my girl so much, she is everything you will want in any woman. If I don't marry her I don't think I will be happy with anyone else. None of them is aware of what is bothering. How will I solve this issue.
Op I speak to you from experience. Most things we will regret later in life are the opurtunities we abandoned
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by concho(m): 12:28am On Sep 06, 2017
The same girl i did not travel to GERMANY because of is now happily married and am still broke . My sister who wanted to help me is now my rival . fear WOMEN ...........Fashi dt love and fly o. ..........LEARN FROM HISTORY SON !!!
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by abbeyafu(m): 2:02am On Sep 06, 2017
Drinkwater07:
In a dilemma right now, please those experienced in these kind of issues should help me.

I lost my Job at the Nigerian Breweries Last year, While I was working I made up my mind to marry my girlfriend of about 4 years now, this December. Both of us are 30 already, we are so much in love, but my job lost really hampered our marriage plans, because she is just engaged in the Npower scheme now and my cash that I saved have long almost finished right now. The reason I did not go into business with the little money I have at that time about 400k was that My elder brother in Canada promised to send me to Canada to join there. So far he have helped me secure admission for MSc. and payed my full tuition fee and even credited my account for the maintenance which the visa officers will see in my account. He also has the plans of sponsoring me through PHD also in Canada or the UK if I want. Now as I await my Visa, there is a really big issue I am fighting right now to manage.

My brother warned me to forget about any girl I have here in Nigeria, that most of them are fair weather friends, gold diggers and desperados, and that if I have anybody here in Nigeria waiting for me while I am away, that it will be a huge distraction for me. He told me he is speaking out of experience and won't want anybody to distract me while studying and hustling abroad. My girl is definitely none of what he described, she is a very good person and is never after money, She just love so much. I told him that I don't have anybody, This is to avoid him withdrawing his financial support for me or may be doubting my seriousness to succeed.

I was planning to come back and get married to my baby after my MSc, but I don't know how my brother will see it. He will be so disappointed with me, I hold my brother in so much high regard, and right from when I was a child he usually protects me so well and doesn't want anything to hamper my success, I love my girl so much, she is everything you will want in any woman. If I don't marry her I don't think I will be happy with anyone else. None of them is aware of what is bothering. How will I solve this issue.

Seems she is a really nice lady. in her 30s, i feel for her but you have to man up. Think of this, what if she is the one with this oppprtunity? what will she do. Continue hustling with you here while she miss the wonderful oppprtunity?
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Maniche44(m): 6:43am On Sep 06, 2017
my brother leave that girl and go for ur future. i av exprienced it before, back then in 2014 i was processing my paper to travel to dubia my so called girl was all over me then, she calls steady to check on me, cook and bring me 4 me to have a test. meanwhile i thought it was love. unfortunately as God may want it, i was duped, i didn't travel again. immiediately she heard it, nwanne the girl kukuma draw back. she is no longer the same, i don't even know the last i saw her sef. pls bro go 4 ur future for the betterment of ur unborn children.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Blissquare(f): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2017
I understand the guys saying follow your dreams and face your hustle but as well, let time tell. Don't make any promises. A good woman is as scarce in Nigeria as it is abroad. In fact, it is easier to know a bad woman in Nigeria than abroad. If it was the woman that dumped you for greener pastures, you would say women are bad. If you are meant to be, you would be no matter the time gap or distance. You may have your master and phD but that doesn't guarantee happiness in your future any more than marrying the wrong partner. Just keep in touch with her and let nature take its course. She can remain faithful to you in your a sense, don't mind people that think it is impossible.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by nuelyoyo(m): 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2017
bellezza:
Hello,
I usually hardly drop comments, but because I did my masters in Canada, i think I can drop my little piece of advice.
First, you should be thankful you have someone you are sure of.
While doing your masters you can actually bring her over as your spouse and she will get a working permit while you study and work at the same time.
Or if you don't want to do that, you can finish apply for a permanent residence and bring her over. PhD - is not advisable here, because you will end up teaching except it's what you want, employers here are more concerned with what you can do than lofty degrees.
I say these things because there are many guys who seriously search for ladies here, except you want to settle for a white lady, or other African nationalities, or a nigerian who hardly know. Most men and ladies still go back home to marry people they knew.
Well it's up to you. And all the best and congrats
wow, wise advice. Pls can I contact you? I would need some tips from you.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by kunletexs: 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2017
Billyonaire:

There is no option there. There is no choice to be made. You cant let down that girl. In fact you must marry her. Then you cant stop Education. But you can learn to lie from Lai Mohammed, and tell your brother you have no girl friend. After your MSc, get the girl into Canada via any means, and proceed with your life. At MSc, your brother has done enough for you already. Except you wanna remain a baby and depend on him for advices, permissions on your personal life and ofcourse some soup.

Is it safe to say that I love your Comment gon ni o. Guy, your advice sums it up. 3 bosa for baba!!!
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by tonididdy(m): 11:59pm On Sep 06, 2017
lol my then supervisor at work shared a personal experience with me;

he and his wife applied for american visas...his wife got hers but his was decided, according to him his wife insisted she must go but he was having non of that cos he wanted them on same flight.

long story short....he later succumbed and his wife left for the usa. last i heard, she hardly picks Or makes a call to him cos he still battling with visa issues, she always complains on duty calls.

PS: they havent got any kids

@OP i think my story could be any of you in the receiving end, you dont wanna put a soul on hold...act wisely
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by tosyne2much(m): 11:06am On Sep 07, 2017
soberdrunk:
Your future is more important so i will advice you chase your dreams, meanwhile you need a responsible young man to look after 'your love' when you are away so she wont be lonely, i can be that man. angry
So you go fit dey comb her shebi? cheesy
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by chukagates(m): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2017
ImaIma1:
Even if your brother is helping so much, you do not have to give him full access to your life. If you truly love your girl as you said, continue dating her but keep that detail from your brother. He does not need to know everything. When you are ready to marry her, i don't see any reason why he should have any objection. And if he is disappointed, he will get over it. It is your life.
If you leave her now and then after some years you are ready to settle down, how sure are you of finding a suitable spouse over there.
are u in other words saying he should leave his future for the lady?? like forget this greener pasture for a lady
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by chukagates(m): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2017
ImaIma1:
Even if your brother is helping so much, you do not have to give him full access to your life. If you truly love your girl as you said, continue dating her but keep that detail from your brother. He does not need to know everything. When you are ready to marry her, i don't see any reason why he should have any objection. And if he is disappointed, he will get over it. It is your life.
If you leave her now and then after some years you are ready to settle down, how sure are you of finding a suitable spouse over there.
are u in other words saying he should leave his future for the lady?? like forget this greener pasture for a lady?
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by soberdrunk(m): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2017
tosyne2much:
So you go fit dey comb her shebi? cheesy

Harmattan is around the corner.... grin
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:59am On Sep 08, 2017
IamAirforce1:
Make I hear sey I no collect my visa first then bring the girl over later.
my bro it's simple if ur bro agree den u guys get married...quickly and she get pregnant for u as assurance....den move to Canada to secure ur future....later u pick her up meanwhile u ll still be remembering her oooo but if not both of u shd part ways in peace jeje oooo and move on with ur life.....a man's world is full of struggles....and without money hw many women ready to die for Dier man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Guys, What's The Most Brutal Rejection You Have Ever Received From A Lady? / I am Celebrating One-Year Victory Over Masturbation Addiction / Diary Of A Playboy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.