Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep (52504 Views)

25 Shockingly Rare, Strange Body Features That Are Hard To Find (Photos) / If Your Body Suddenly Jerks While Falling Asleep, THIS Is What It Means! / 6 Tips To Help You Fall Asleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Oluwaseyi00(m): 12:04am On Sep 05, 2017
YoungDaNaval:
Do you know the meaning of Adultery?

Boy.... Give your life to Christ, only him can deliver you from this shackles of sin...

#night

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 05, 2017
ToyinDipo:

Don't try it
Once you withdraw from it, it affects your sleep pattern
Also the more you take it, the more you have to increase the dosage

I've been on it for a long time. Otherwise, I stay up all night.
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 05, 2017
pauljumbo:

Shot time solution

Long time problem with addiction

Well, a girl has got to sleep.
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:08am On Sep 05, 2017
Oluwaseyi00:

Boy.... Give your life to Christ, only him can deliver you from this shackles of sin...

#night
Incase you find it difficult to sleep.... you know what to do...... goodnight
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by ToyinDipo(m): 12:08am On Sep 05, 2017
Ziinno:

I've been on it for a long time. Otherwise, I stay up all night.
I was on it at a time temporarily, it actually affected my sleep pattern after withdrawing from it.
Do you have to constantly increase the dosage
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 05, 2017
ToyinDipo:

I was on it at a time temporarily, it actually affected my sleep pattern after withdrawing from it.
Do you have to constantly increase the dosage

I've had to resist the temptation to not...I'm on anti-depressants too. So, the combo helps.
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by ToyinDipo(m): 12:23am On Sep 05, 2017
Ziinno:

I've had to resist the temptation to not...I'm on anti-depressants too. So, the combo helps.
I see, I guess it was prescribed by a doctor, and you still follow up with the doctor.
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 05, 2017
ToyinDipo:

I see, I guess it was prescribed by a doctor, and you still follow up with the doctor.

Of course. Is it even possible to get those without a prescription from a doctor?
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by ToyinDipo(m): 12:28am On Sep 05, 2017
Ziinno:

Of course. Is it even possible to get those without a prescription from a doctor?
True, Diazepam isn't over-the-counter pill
It seems we experienced similar situation
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by kirchofff(m): 12:33am On Sep 05, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Thank you, Kim

Hope you can join my blog everyday... I have at least one post for you everyday...
sup bro, please I'll send you a pm now, there's something I want to ask you. Thanks
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by CzarChris(m): 12:33am On Sep 05, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
Hello guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

I once wrote an article about falling asleep fast and the first commenter claimed that all my tips only work on oyinbo people (Americans), well I have tried my possible best to bring this one up to the level of Africans hoping it passes the message clearly...

If you are finding it hard to sleep, you should understand that the more nights you sleep poorly, the harder it will be to fall asleep in the next night.

So, the faster we deal with the problem the better for you.

Here I am going to list 3 remedies you must follow if you want to fall asleep very fast.

1. Identify the actual problems

You might look on now and it seems that the problem might just you feel so uncomfortable on the bed.

No wonder you can't fall asleep.

Actually, the true problems started some time ago, it might be weeks, days or even months ago and now it has escalated into insomnia.

I want you to look back and check what you started doing as this will help you understand how to retrace your steps.

For example, I started finding it hard to sleep when I subscribed to MTN's Midnight browsing plan, which allows you to browse unlimited from 12am to 4am for a mere #25 (cheap right).

Well, the cheap subscription killed my sleep quality and in 3 months, I was a walking zombie.

I initially thought it was because of the midnight shows I normally watch on tv, but it was all MTN's fault (my fault actually).

With this, I was able to understand how much sleep I have lost and how much I need to gain back for everything to return to normal.

2. Don't prolong it

If you still find it hard to fall asleep after doing what I said in No. 1, then this No. 2 tip is for you.

Whenever you find yourself staring at the ceiling or tossing in the bed don't force yourself to sleep and don't get up and start chatting or working on your laptop either. That will just prolong your night and if you eventually fall asleep, it would be one of your worst nights and worse of all, it will happen the next night and the next and the next.

Instead try to do something soothing, something that will calm your never.

You can take a bath (which you were supposed to do before going to bed)
Read a book
Listen to smooth, calm music

All these sound like what you do to a child to make him/her fall asleep and yes it does work for adults.

3. Watch what you do before bedtime

Sometimes when I find it hard to fall asleep, it's due to the thoughts in my head. The war between the transformers, the horror movie I just watched, or the naughty chat I just had with that girl from my class, or the numbers, statistics, demographics, and algorithms on my working sheet I just finished or postponed.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

All these sure kept me awake and they will do the same to you. If you want to fall asleep faster, stop doing any serious work 30 minutes before bedtime (when I say bedtime, it applies to those who created a sleep schedule).

You can start doing things like I stated in No. 2 to help calm you down prepare you for sleep.

Remember, all these things can only work if you take your sleep seriously, just like the way you take your passwords and pins.

Leave a comment

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/3-things-hard-fall-asleep.html

I believe I developed this insomnia nonsense back when I was in school(FUTO can do that to you). Now it's close to 10 years since I graduated and I still fall asleep by 3am and wake up just before 6am on good days, on bad weeks I could stay up for 3 nights straight, with the most horrible headache ever on the 4th day. I was almost addicted to sleeping pills at a point, but now I just row with it or if I really need the sleep, a couple of glasses of whisky could do the trick, but the caveat here is that the sleep only lasts for about 5 hours max.
Either way, insomnia isn't something I'll wish on my worst enemy. sad
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 05, 2017
ToyinDipo:

True, Diazepam isn't over-the-counter pill
It seems we experienced similar situation

Maybe.

What's your excuse?
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by ToyinDipo(m): 12:38am On Sep 05, 2017
Ziinno:

Maybe.

What's your excuse?
It's complicated smiley
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 05, 2017
ToyinDipo:

It's complicated smiley

Lol.

Well, mine is avarice.
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by ToyinDipo(m): 12:43am On Sep 05, 2017
Ziinno:

Lol.

Well, mine is avarice.
Wow, that's at least enviable cheesy
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 05, 2017
ToyinDipo:

Wow, that's at least enviable cheesy

You think?

If I could take a break to live in the now and enjoy the moment, I'd appreciate it instead of always wanting more when it however comes, the excitement is ephemeral then I'm off searching for the next thing.

The meds takes care of my anxiety.

Still think it's enviable? Lol.
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Sandra23(f): 12:50am On Sep 05, 2017
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by ToyinDipo(m): 12:57am On Sep 05, 2017
Ziinno:

You think?

If I could take a break to live in the now and enjoy the moment, I'd appreciate it instead of always wanting more when it however comes, the excitement is ephemeral then I'm off searching for the next thing.

The meds takes care of my anxiety.

Still think it's enviable? Lol.
Haha, I was pulling your leg cheesy.
I am happy you were able to pull through.
I like your spirit, in terms of being relentless, it's always good to strike a balance though, as you already know.
I am more of a sporadic/spontaneous person, I wish I could be a bit more like you
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 05, 2017
ToyinDipo:

Haha, I was pulling your leg cheesy.
I am happy you were able to pull through.
I like your spirit, in terms of being relentless, it's always good to strike a balance though, as you already know.
I am more of a sporadic/spontaneous person, I wish I could be a bit more like you

Variety is the spice of life. I'm glad you're the way you are.
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by ToyinDipo(m): 1:06am On Sep 05, 2017
Ziinno:

Variety is the spice of life. I'm glad you're the way you are.
True, diversity is what makes the world interesting
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 05, 2017
ToyinDipo:

True, diversity is what makes the world interesting

For a second, I forgot I was conversing with a stranger. Lol.
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by ToyinDipo(m): 1:15am On Sep 05, 2017
Ziinno:

For a second, I forgot I was conversing with a stranger. Lol.
When you said "I'm glad you're the way you are." cheesy
My name is my moniker, nice meeting you smiley
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by jomijaky6: 1:16am On Sep 05, 2017
Do press up

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 05, 2017
ToyinDipo:

When you said "I'm glad you're the way you are." cheesy
My name is my moniker, nice meeting you smiley

Lol. Yeah, that.

Zino.
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:53am On Sep 05, 2017
Chibuhealth:
long story. just pick up your bible and start reading or start praying. Devil won't let you read or pray at all

You don already kill me
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by enemyofprogress: 2:05am On Sep 05, 2017
Tiny23:
I watch a movie I've watched several times or read a novel.I fall asleep faster doing these.It works for many people too.
that's what happens when you don't have a boyfriend or anyone to call your own tongue tongue
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by CriticMaestro: 2:06am On Sep 05, 2017
During exams is the time sleep comes rushing in like waterfall
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by enemona90: 3:35am On Sep 05, 2017
carry your bible and pray and you will sleep in the spirit realm
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:39am On Sep 05, 2017
Bezos:
Good day Sir/Ma,

How is your day going?
Please I need your help.
I used someone's money kept with me to do my school project, this was because my parents couldn't get the money then, so I took that one with the intention to replace it in a month's time.
Today (Monday) the person that kept the money with me just told that he will need the money on Tuesday, ie, tomorrow. I can't tell him what happened to the money. He has already planned for the money.
The money in question is #25, 000.
Please, I need your help, I can't stand the shame and embarrassment. I might not get out alive from it. I have tried home, but there is no money. I know that I messed up, but please forgive me like your younger brother and help me.

Please, if (5) five persons will help me with #5000, it will help me to replace the money by tomorrow.
Please, help me. Please you are my resort now.

Here is my detail,
Phone:
Bank: GTB
Acct No :
Name: Okoro Emmanuel U.

Thanks for your help. I might not know you personally, but I am very grateful.

Thanks again.

Another online begger, hope you know stealing is corruption? You stole, and want us to replace the stolen money.

Sadly 1 idiot will believe this crap and still send you money
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 05, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
Hello guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

I once wrote an article about falling asleep fast and the first commenter claimed that all my tips only work on oyinbo people (Americans), well I have tried my possible best to bring this one up to the level of Africans hoping it passes the message clearly...

If you are finding it hard to sleep, you should understand that the more nights you sleep poorly, the harder it will be to fall asleep in the next night.

So, the faster we deal with the problem the better for you.

Here I am going to list 3 remedies you must follow if you want to fall asleep very fast.

1. Identify the actual problems

You might look on now and it seems that the problem might just you feel so uncomfortable on the bed.

No wonder you can't fall asleep.

Actually, the true problems started some time ago, it might be weeks, days or even months ago and now it has escalated into insomnia.

I want you to look back and check what you started doing as this will help you understand how to retrace your steps.

For example, I started finding it hard to sleep when I subscribed to MTN's Midnight browsing plan, which allows you to browse unlimited from 12am to 4am for a mere #25 (cheap right).

Well, the cheap subscription killed my sleep quality and in 3 months, I was a walking zombie.

I initially thought it was because of the midnight shows I normally watch on tv, but it was all MTN's fault (my fault actually).

With this, I was able to understand how much sleep I have lost and how much I need to gain back for everything to return to normal.

2. Don't prolong it

If you still find it hard to fall asleep after doing what I said in No. 1, then this No. 2 tip is for you.

Whenever you find yourself staring at the ceiling or tossing in the bed don't force yourself to sleep and don't get up and start chatting or working on your laptop either. That will just prolong your night and if you eventually fall asleep, it would be one of your worst nights and worse of all, it will happen the next night and the next and the next.

Instead try to do something soothing, something that will calm your never.

You can take a bath (which you were supposed to do before going to bed)
Read a book
Listen to smooth, calm music

All these sound like what you do to a child to make him/her fall asleep and yes it does work for adults.

3. Watch what you do before bedtime

Sometimes when I find it hard to fall asleep, it's due to the thoughts in my head. The war between the transformers, the horror movie I just watched, or the naughty chat I just had with that girl from my class, or the numbers, statistics, demographics, and algorithms on my working sheet I just finished or postponed.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

All these sure kept me awake and they will do the same to you. If you want to fall asleep faster, stop doing any serious work 30 minutes before bedtime (when I say bedtime, it applies to those who created a sleep schedule).

You can start doing things like I stated in No. 2 to help calm you down prepare you for sleep.

Remember, all these things can only work if you take your sleep seriously, just like the way you take your passwords and pins.

Leave a comment

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/3-things-hard-fall-asleep.html

please how can I make my system not to sleep at all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of Billboard Sighted In Onitsha / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide After ‘False’ Phone Theft Accusation / Tanzanian Doctor, Nurse Suspended For Having Sex, Moaning & Disturbing Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.