Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) (51281 Views)

FFK And Stella Oduah Are Looking For This Boy With A Sonorous Voice / Goodluck Jonathan Wants Those Who Attacked His House Exposed / More Revelations On Maina's Reinstatement By Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by Thebest12(m): 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
SaharaReporters has uncovered how disgraced former Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, bought a $1.2million home in London, disguising it in the robes of a foreign-registered company in an effort to avoid detection.

The chicanery was undertaken in 2012, when Mrs. Oduah, now the Senator representing Anambra North constituency, but at that time a Minister in the government of President Goodluck Jonathan, used ADRIATIC LAND 4 LIMITED, incorporated in Guernsey in the United Kingdom, for the purchase. She gave the address of the company, with registration No. 56274, as Mont Crevelt House, Bulwer Avenue, St. Sampson, Guernsey, GY2 4LH.

The transaction, which had been kept secret, was blown open when Mrs. Oduah decided to rent out the house earlier this year and engaged the services of a shady real estate company, Daniel Ford and Company Ltd, for that purpose. It would be recalled that Daniel Foster and Co recently featured prominently in a US civil case involving a former Minister of Oil Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke. The company, which is owned by some UK-based Nigerians, is central to a lot of real estate transactions involving politically exposed Nigerians.

When Daniel Ford and Company Ltd. rented out Mrs. Oduah’s London home, she identified herself as the owner of the property, thereby removing the veil of ownership she had imposed by the nature of its discreet registration.

SaharaReporters had exposed Mrs. Oduah’s corrupt activities during her time as Minister of Aviation, the biggest of them being the wild inflation of the cost of two BMW cars she forced a cash strapped federal aviation agency, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, to purchase for her in 2013. The scandalous purchase led to her being fired by President Goodluck Jonathan in 2014 after she was found guilty by a committee of the federal legislature, and indicted.

Another committee set up by President Jonathan had also indicted her but he never made that indictment public.

Mrs. Oduah is under investigation from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, but the commission, for inexplicable reasons, refused to charge her even after it concluded investigations last year. During her tenure as a Minister, she reportedly embezzled close to a billion dollars, mainly from contracts awarded to refurbish airports across Nigeria. The facelift of those airports turned out to be very shoddy, and they have all but fallen apart.

According to investigators, Mrs. Oduah used funds she embezzled as minister to buy ships, as well as some 150 houses in Lagos alone.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/09/05/how-stella-oduah-bought-15m-house-london-using-company-registered-guernsey-hide-ownership

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by 1bunne4lif(m): 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
next

13 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by kitaatita: 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
So what? Does it mean that the Chairman and CEO of Sea Petroleum cannot own property in London

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by LUGBE: 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
This useless write up, you have failed to show us Tinubus properties, atiku, obasanjo, danjuma etc

God will visit you people's home one after the other, wicked people

180 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by ngmgeek(m): 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
So?
Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by ateamblezing(f): 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
Abegi,na today?

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by medolab90(m): 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
I dont believe this she might be corrupt

But 150 houses in Lagos alone .... that means she's gonna have over 1000 houses across the country, she must have broken Pablo Escobar's record .

Sahara una no try this time

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by Moloso(m): 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
hope it not there Buhari was treated
Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by youngwarlocks: 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
legisLOOTERs

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
Looters jingling all the way. Why don't you just hang her by the boobs already? This is exactly how to do. Don't open if you are not a photographer please http://www.fototech.com.ng/start-photography-business-nigeria-camera/

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by Bills2307(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
am not doubting but this same Sahara reporters that said a suicide bomber was seen drinking beer at markudi. why should I believe dem

7 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by rozayx5(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
undecided undecided
Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by looseweight: 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
More jobs for Sahara reporter even as d election year comes nearer

I am d weight loss doctor
Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by omoyankee3(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
ok
Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by rozayx5(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
kitaatita:
So what? Does it mean that the Chairman and CEO of Sea Petroleum cannot own property in London

i just tire for these people

ordinary abokey NNPC staff have houses all over the UK and send their children to IVy league schools

but its only southern trumpets that are blown

i dont just understand

the NEMA DG was queried for spending 13billion in one month

we did not hear anything about the case again cause na fulani crew

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by realbitez(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
So make i do watin na,abi na for Afghanistan she for get house, mecheee

12 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by geeluck1(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
Plz where is that 'and then' meme?

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by Leo3333: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
...and so what?

If Buratai an ordinary soldier could own 2 exquisite mansions in Dubai then whAt's the fuss about Stella Oduah, the CEO on an oil servicing firm owning a house in London.

Even Osinbajo an ordinary lawyer owns a posh house in the UK too.

Abeg save us this hogwash jare.

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by CrtlAltDel: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2017

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by thundafire: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hmmmm APX Sahara y we never hear about Tiny by and Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by id4sho(m): 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
Oya, APC VS PDP
Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
Princess Stella the serial divorcee and former family friend cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by olusola200: 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
Anything man can steal woman can steal better

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
Even former president Jonathan who was soft on corruption admitted the brazen corrupt practices this woman committed when she held sway at the aviation ministry. It was so glaring that he had to sack her, and for Jonathan to sack you for corruption your own water don pass garri grin And this is the woman Anambra north chose to represent them in the senate? smh

20 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by OTEGA1: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
LUGBE:
This useless write up, you have failed to show us Tinubus properties, atiku, obasanjo, danjuma etc

God will visit you people's home one after the other, wicked people

I hope web I seal it children's future u will be able to defend me freely like this.
I look forward to ur defence for me cos my own will be worse than dezaini u and ur family will not be able to feel.
Anybody that write about me round dem of ibb.Counting on u for ur free service u animal without brains..

8 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by IamGeorgie(m): 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
For your Arsenal jerseys, please call 08162116272,any amount you have, OR even free. They have been in my shop for months now and no body is asking for their prices, let alone buying,please come and clear the shop so that I can have space to put other clothes as i'm about going to the market now.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
These Afonja people want to destroy our Biafraan women. Today Madueke, tomorrow Oteh, last month Patience Jonathan, few weeks ago Okonjo Iweala, few yrs ago Onyuike, now Stella Oduah. They will never write anything about Alakinja, a seamstress to IBB and his late wife who turned billionaire overnight from Niger Delta oil, not even baron Tinubu and that crook Fashola. Afonjas...SMH. Anyone one who knows Oduah knows she was a multi billionaire businesswoman before she became a minister or joined active politics. Her late father was very wealthy and her ex. husband was former GGM of NNPC and minister for state Works and Housing.

This is a warning to our Biafraan women...stop serving this wicked ungrateful country. You won't listen!

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by eph12(m): 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
SR that has turned to a bunch of comedians, liars and rumor carriers? Next jare

7 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by AreaFada2: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
But she was already CEO of an oil company since the 1990s. Is it only Folorunso Alakija that made money from oil? shocked shocked

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) by OCTAVO: 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Statues Of African Presidents Erected By Okorocha In Imo. Photos / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments / 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.